Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (27107 Views)

All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / He Does Not Satisfy Me, Doesn’t Last A Minute In Bed —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Shezhawt:

Lol... Where I come from... Do you know where I come from...grin. Btw what is the repercussion if I choose not to?
darlin, its not necessary traditional marriage must be done in ur home town, it can be done in ur father's house in d city... The main thing is just d presence of few uncles, ur dad"s frnds etc.. No biggie...

Seems u just dnt wana do traditional marriage.. Why?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 0lushola(m): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmm, WOMEN!! owk lemme paint the picture am looking here..
AMAKE wants the court marriage irrespective of any traditional or church weeding.. she feels the court is her maximum insurance incase prince decides to go waywArd.. or later in the future, if anytin happens, prince being d only man of the family, the family members may act above wat prince nd amake had already pland 4 demselves.. Which I think she is right to some extent. SHE'S GOT THE FEAR OF THE KN0WN AND THE UNKN0WN to battle with..

PRINCE on the other hand. being the 0nly man in his family, and also the head of the family in his own right, he's g0t trailer loads of responsibilities. inwhich he must accomplish'd. this is africa, we kn0w h0w tinz work here. So having that in mind + knowing the kind of w0man he wants to settle down with. he decides to 0ption out of anytin court or joind by the law.. hmmm are u guys thinking w0t am thining? THERE
IS MORE TO THIS THAN WHAT WE CAN IMAGINE HERE..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by histemple: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
It is important that both Amaka and Prince understand that marriage is the only known institution without graduates. But it appears that both of them understand it very well and are being cautious. Based on their stand, love is not their major reason for this marriage and regrettably so. Amaka is certainly not too sure of Prince's commitment and love just as Prince is uncertain about Amaka's love and how far the marriage will last.
My stake in every marriage is for couples to marry for love because every other calculations such as children, property, security etc can fail. The truth is if a man doesn't love you as a wife, you will face hell until you are forced to seek divorce. And if a man marries you with the mindset that you compelled him to do court marriage because you foresee divorce so that you can get hold of a percentage of his wealth, he will not only sideline you but might kill you if that is his last option.
As hard as it might sound, both of them should move on separately because I see a marriage that is destined to fail.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by OsoDupe(f): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Let them do both.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
darlin, its not necessary traditional marriage must be done in ur home town, it can be done in ur father's house in d city... The main thing is just d presence of few uncles, ur dad"s frnds etc.. No biggie...

Seems u just dnt wana do traditional marriage.. Why?

Hahaha.... It's just as you said... No biggie... That's why not grin... Besides anything traditional ain't my cup of coffee...
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:
So you think women want court wedding because they expect that everything be willed to them?

He can decide to take a 2nd wife all he wants, there just has to be a divorce first or the 2nd wife is not recognised by the law and he can be sued.

The system might be messed up, doesn't mean women shouldn't get their right.
If I'm ever gonna get married it is registry. Just note that the court doesn't protect anybody in d real sense...it is cheaper... guys shld opt for it. I saw anyhow guys today... doing their thing.

Some second wives enjoy more than d recognized first... that is y oloshos are everywhere.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by cyprus000: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:
Another angry man syndrome grin

awon its either my way or no way at all grin
[size=13pt]
Then,it's better you jump inside lagoon,cos no human being can dictate for me.
my fada/moda didn't do that.
It will be one woman from nowhere that will do thatangry...lyk watdefuck

WTF..do you ladies think marriage is to men?..I personally don't think I will marry,so save me that crap.
Cos you ain't doin no one any favour,its 50/50%
So look for all this "sissy" men to shove that bullcrap terms and condition in their throat.

What the heck do you ladies think love is?..a kind of mumu MODEangry
It has come to my notice that you people use it to emmitionally blackmail gullible guyz and give it a new meaning to suit your selfish interest.

I only pity those men..SMH
[/size]
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Shezhawt:

Hahaha.... It's just as you said... No biggie... That's why not grin... Besides anything traditional ain't my cup of coffee...
yea.. I like u, u dream big... Ur wedding's gona be in dubai.. I hope ur boyfrnd is already seeing to dhat..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:
She wants court marriage while he wants traditional marriage. This resulted to argument between Prince and Amaka who have been dating for 5yrs. Prince have propose to Amaka and the traditional knocking of door have been done. In the process of planning for the marriage, prince have insisted that he would only do the traditional marriage and later the church marriage, but Amaka insisted that she prefers a court marriage and later the traditional marriage. Amaka went further by telling prince its either the court marriage or no marriage at all, stating that court marriage would proof to her that Prince truely loves her and wants to protect her further with him. Prince on the other hand insisted that he would do the court marriage when he deems it fit. Amaka have threaten to break up the relationship. Prince is the only son in a family of four and is doing very well. Marriage preparation is 80% ready.

Should Prince concede to her or maintain his stand?
Is Amaka's stance right (using love as a yardstick to buttress her point)
do you smell any hidden agenda on the part of prince or Amaka.
In your candid opinion, do you think this marriage would work.

This is nothing but conflict of interests. The igbo tradition demands that the union of a man and woman should also be solemnized traditionally aside the white wedding. So both marriages are as important as the other. The emphasis on traditional marriages differs from one community to the other. In some communities a man can pay his spouse dowry and MUST come back for the traditional wedding much later in the marriage (this means their first daughter must not wed until her mother's traditional marriage is performed). While in some communities, the man has no legal right over the children if he does not perform the traditional marriage rites. In my opinion, they should put heads together, find a way to make their union work. Five years of their courtship is enough to make their heads reason together.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Neplusultra(f): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:
the feeling is mutual. The guy too is acting so suspicious. How can a man who claims to love a woman not do anything to make her happy. Did she say go and bring your mother for sacrifice. It's just a darn court marriage duhh
You win! cheesy

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by no2fuks(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
the guy must be a pant
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Ikiriye(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Prince should marry her in both,but make sure she contributes heavily as you in the marriage as in acquiring properties.don't acquire properties for her to grab when she is tired.empower her and if you sniff funny attitude it's time to sell off what property she knows you have bought without she knowing.hide your documents not in the house.men be wise.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by omojeesu(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
No wahala. They should have both. Court marriage first, then traditional follows. Each knows his or her motive. Where is love here?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ikiriye:
Prince should marry her in both,but make sure she contributes heavily as you in the marriage as in acquiring properties.don't acquire properties for her to grab when she is tired.empower her and if you sniff funny attitude it's time to sell off what property she knows you have bought without she knowing.hide your documents not in the house.men be wise.
u dey mind d woman. I blame d guy for having only her for consideration. She wanna kill d guy and fuccck all d guys around. I see women do it.

How much is she bringing in d union...how can sb who won't even sponsor a wedding be d one setting terms and conditions?

A lady once told me only she decides who she marries... but her fiance just left her...and she was sulking.

I asked her y she didn't make it to d altar with d guy as she is d only decider... she kept mute till today.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by cyprus000: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
omojeesu:
No wahala. They should have both. Court marriage first, then traditional follows. Each knows his or her motive. Where is love here?

[size=13pt]
I see none too,only selfish interest smokescreened with the term LOVE.
[/size]
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bashydemy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:
Why does Prince not want a court wedding? He's up to something, if I were Amaka, I'll stick to my guns.
Why is Amaka insisting on Court marriage, she's upto something and if i were to be Prince i will maintain my ground is she now want make she go to hell..

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
ferdimako:

If I'm ever gonna get married it is registry. Just note that the court doesn't protect anybody in d real sense...it is cheaper... guys shld opt for it. I saw anyhow guys today... doing their thing.

Some second wives enjoy more than d recognized first... that is y oloshos are everywhere.
So you think. I do know it's cheaper though.

Any woman that continues to stay after her husband has taken a 2nd wife, has chosen a path and should live with it.

Oloshos being everywhere doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
bashydemy:
Why is Amaka insisting on Court marriage, she's upto something and if i were to be Prince i will maintain my ground is she now want make she go to hell..
She's only protecting herself, given how the culture here treat women.

I don't understand how that can be a bad thing, how can she possibly harm the man with a court wedding? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 400billionman: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
Can two ppo come togeda if dey can't agree?

NO. .
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:

I don't understand how that can be a bad thing, how can she possibly harm the man with a court wedding? Na wa o.

Protect herself from what, exactly? What are these culture treatments that she needs to protect herself from? And can we also make the argument that Prince is also just protecting himself?

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 400billionman: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
People do not marry for love anymore..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by IYANGBALI: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pavore9:

What if she aborts it, will he arrest her?
abortion na beans?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Ikiriye(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:

Can you explain what men gain in European marriages.you.watch alot of movies so explain to the house.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by id7574(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dating 4 5yrs isn't ok 4 dem let dem date more yrs den dey will make up der mind.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bashydemy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:

Protect herself after 5yrs? What will the court do to Prince is he decide he is not interested in her anymore? Will they jail him?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bashydemy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
angelz:
court wedding is important. Amaka should not settle for less. It has nothing to do with money but a lot to do with polygamy. if there's no court wedding, prince can marry another wife since the marriage is not legal. except they sign the marriage certificate in the church.
All this ranting will not stop prince from impregnating another woman and heaven will not fall, The worst that will happen is divorce. No be Nigeria we dey? Bleep court weeding.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
Timbuktou:

Protect herself from what, exactly? What are these culture treatments that she needs to protect herself from? And can we also make the argument that Prince is also just protecting himself?
Stop feigning ignorance biko. How do you expect to have this debate when you don't see anything wrong in a man deciding he wants another wife and can have that, whenever he wants, regardless of what his wife thinks or how it affects her?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ikiriye:

Can you explain what men gain in European marriages.you.watch alot of movies so explain to the house.
I seriously don't know what this is supposed to mean.

You sound like marriage is a business one is supposed to 'gain' something from.

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
bashydemy:
Protect herself after 5yrs? What will the court do to Prince is he decide he is not interested in her anymore? Will they jail him?
After 5 years of what? I didn't realize dating and marriage mean the same thing.

Ofcourse he won't be jailed, but he has to abide by the contract of their marriage.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Ikiriye(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
freecocoa:
I seriously don't know what this is supposed to mean.

You sound like marriage is a business one is supposed to 'gain' something from.

I use European satellite at home not dstv so I watch some channels dstv don't offer and I see lots of divorce rates and how beneficial it is to women.have you wondered why most men in Europe are not married.partial systems that favors the women and against the men.they get the guys committed and encourage him to sweat and buy a house,then they set the men up with paid prostitutes that stalks the man until he falls and they have video recording to that effect.the rest you should know.Nigerian ladies are copying very fast.I don't encourage 2 wives syndrome but we have wicked women that wish our mothers dead so they can run us.this is AFRICA MEN SHINE YOUR EYES.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
yea.. I like u, u dream big... Ur wedding's gona be in dubai.. I hope ur boyfrnd is already seeing to dhat..

grin grin
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by SpeedyConnect(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chidoks:

note:i am not a girl.i am a matured woman.check my age please.
i am not a student.graduated years ago.i am not a laywer either.i was lending a helping hand to a person in need .apparently you have an appriciable knoweldge of family law but you should not down play my honest layman's advice.you should have added to what i said or said yours however you deem right.
back to topic,amaka just make sure you get proper guidiance from an expert.of course you csn contract a legally binding marriage in church if you take the right steps.cheers

Oh my bad. So sorry o ma, never in the least meant to slight u. Was only being humorous.

At any rate, dont be agree. Sound vivacious to me.

The fact that you have no legal background yet possess more than a smattering of that is commendable.
Floreat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family / Any Girl That Is Getting Knacks At 15 Is Free To Get Married- Twitter User / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.