Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (27067 Views)

All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / He Does Not Satisfy Me, Doesn’t Last A Minute In Bed —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by suggyspic: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
She wants court marriage while he wants traditional marriage. This resulted to argument between Prince and Amaka who have been dating for 5yrs. Prince have propose to Amaka and the traditional knocking of door have been done. In the process of planning for the marriage, prince have insisted that he would only do the traditional marriage and later the church marriage, but Amaka insisted that she prefers a court marriage and later the traditional marriage. Amaka went further by telling prince its either the court marriage or no marriage at all, stating that court marriage would proof to her that Prince truely loves her and wants to protect her further with him. Prince on the other hand insisted that he would do the court marriage when he deems it fit. Amaka have threaten to break up the relationship. Prince is the only son in a family of four and is doing very well. Marriage preparation is 80% ready.

Should Prince concede to her or maintain his stand?
Is Amaka's stance right (using love as a yardstick to buttress her point)
do you smell any hidden agenda on the part of prince or Amaka.
In your candid opinion, do you think this marriage would work.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Can two ppo come togeda if dey can't agree?

41 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bemyguest(f): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
No

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Heads or Tails?

They should flip a Coin.
Works always for my Dad & Mum.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by dulux07(m): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
They r not meant to b. Simple

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by suggyspic: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Aprime:
Heads or Tails?

They should flip a Coin.
Works always for my Dad & Mum.

I think they both have ulterior motive for their decision.

27 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by elantraceey(f): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
To many insecurities , they should pause the marriage first , then sit down and sort themselves out, Amaka doesn't trust prince, they need to work on that trust before proceeding to marriage.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by suggyspic: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:

5yrs is not a day. I believe a matured mind should talk to them.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:

5yrs is not a day. I believe a matured mind should talk to them.
traditional marriage is very very important

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by ronald4lif(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
What's Prince scared of and trying to protect for rejecting a court wedding?. His properties and assets should in case of eventualities I suppose. He should proceed with the court wedding but must ensure they sign a pre-nup and states clearly what he's not willing to forfeit should the marriage collapse.

20 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by edwife(f): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Men are scared of court wedding nowadays gringrin.The hustle is real....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:

Amos 3:3 grin grin grin grin

Seriously they better sitdown and agree on what to do.

After 5 years they can't agree on which type of marriage to do first or second.

What have they been discussing since

11 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Mariecakes(f): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
Noooooooooooooo
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mariecakes:
Noooooooooooooo
lol.. Marie, hw far ur cake na.. Gimme one na? Pleeease

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Amos 3:3 grin grin grin grin

Seriously they better sitdown and agree on what to do.

After 5 years they can't agree on which type of marriage to do first or second.

What have they been discussing since
lmao... All dese bible scholars... I no even knw the particular place in d bible d passage dey...
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by suggyspic: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
traditional marriage is very very important

court marriage is also important. considering the fact that he is an only son with three sister. Our culture is not too favorable to women.

14 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by suggyspic: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
edwife:
Men are scared of court wedding nowadays gringrin.The hustle is real....
i feel you.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Mariecakes(f): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:
Amaka went further by telling prince its either the court marriage or no marriage at all, stating that court marriage would proof to her that Prince truely loves her and wants to protect her further with him. Prince on the other hand insisted that he would do the court marriage when he deems it fit. Amaka have threaten to break up the relationship. Prince is the only son in a family of four and is doing very well. Marriage preparation is 80% ready.

This is taking it to far...what is she scared of (what are they both scared of)?? If She's not sure of her man, she shouldn't havethought about marriage with him....Court marriage doesn't mean he loves her or will never leave her, What is Prince scare of too ?? I smell hidden agenda on both sides...This shouldn't even be an issue

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Mariecakes(f): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Cutehector:
lol.. Marie, hw far ur cake na.. Gimme one na? Pleeease
grin they ain't for freee
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mariecakes:
grin they ain't for freee
marie, lie say u neva buy smth wey u neva taste am..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Cutehector(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:

court marriage is also important. considering the fact that he is an only son with three sister. Our culture is not too favorable to women.
whch is more important of the two
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 5minsmadness: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
After 5yrs they still aren't matured.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:
but Amaka insisted that she prefers a court marriage and later the traditional marriage. Amaka went further by telling prince its either the court marriage or no marriage at all, stating that court marriage would proof to her that Prince truely loves her and wants to protect her further with him.

She tripping.

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Chidoks(f): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
wait o.if the church wedding is properly done then amaka has nothing to fear.not just blessing of marriage o.in family law,there are conditions for a marriage to be legally acceptable
1:the marriage should be registered at the registry.21 working days notice would then be posted infront of the registry office for anyone that wishes to oppose the narriage to come forth.
2:the wedding must take place in a recognised place of worship.that i a church that is duly registered.
3:the marriage must take place between certain hours.i think 10:00am to 4:00pm.(not very sure but something likevthat..
4:the wedding myst be conducted by a recognised minister.
note:after the wedding you get a certificate(usually3)the church has one,the couple has one and the registry has one
so amaka ask questions if you contract your wedding the aforementioned way it is valid abd legal
amaka bear in mind that conducting a marriage under the act(court marriage) does not show love.yes it is a sign of commitement but not love.infact with that divorce is almost a sure thing because even when the elders of thr family intervene in disputes a dissatisfied party msy run to the court and get what they want

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by freecocoa(f): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Why does Prince not want a court wedding? He's up to something, if I were Amaka, I'll stick to my guns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
they should do traditional marriage in court....simple grin

9 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Moneyyy: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by killjoy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
suggyspic:
She wants court marriage while he wants traditional marriage. This resulted to argument between Prince and Amaka who have been dating for 5yrs. Prince have propose to Amaka and the traditional knocking of door have been done. In the process of planning for the marriage, prince have insisted that he would only do the traditional marriage and later the church marriage, but Amaka insisted that she prefers a court marriage and later the traditional marriage. Amaka went further by telling prince its either the court marriage or no marriage at all, stating that court marriage would proof to her that Prince truely loves her and wants to protect her further with him. Prince on the other hand insisted that he would do the court marriage when he deems it fit. Amaka have threaten to break up the relationship. Prince is the only son in a family of four and is doing very well. Marriage preparation is 80% ready.

Should Prince concede to her or maintain his stand?
Is Amaka's stance right (using love as a yardstick to buttress her point)
do you smell any hidden agenda on the part of prince or Amaka.
In your candid opinion, do you think this marriage would work.

after five years n 80% marriage planning, she's nw looking for proof of love dey both shud suck it

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Brytawon(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
You guys can do both in order to live peacefully...
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by neweraomo: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bros knows what he's talking about
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bigv(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
Okay. Let them both settle for something in between. Church Marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My God! My God!! Who Have I Married?? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Who Owns Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.