Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,697 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG (40353 Views)

‘I Had Orders From Above To Make Sure Metuh Arrived Court In Handcuffs’ -the Sun / Court Ruling: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Karlman: 12:33am On Jul 11, 2015
bakila:

Caretaker Local Government Chairmen are illegal. To occupy that office the occupant must be democratically elected.

AND WHY THEN DO WE HAVE CARETAKERS IN APC STATES OF KADUNA AND PLATAEU WHERE THE GOVERNORS EVEN SACKED THE ELECTED LG CHAIRMEN

5 Likes

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by francizy(m): 12:33am On Jul 11, 2015
Perfectwazobia:
CHANGE HAS COME TO STAY....

Amechi 1 vs Wike 0

Watching in 6D

To you people, this change of a thing is nothing but a video or poker game. It was really nothing about bad governance. Remember that your generations to come will pay for your short-sitedness today, so sell your soul cheap and give them balance..

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by emmy994: 12:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Wike r u complaining of partisanship? That was wot Amaechi faced under pdp led government. Then u were smiling in Abuja, now feel the law of karma. Lafin in swahili

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bakila: 12:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Karlman:

AND WHY THEN DO WE HAVE CARETAKERS IN APC STATES OF KADUNA AND PLATAEU WHERE THE GOVERNORS EVEN SACKED THE ELECTED LG CHAIRMEN

And why then did this guys not pay Lawyers money to fight their case?
Unfortunately ero did not conduct elections to have them in office in Kaduna after doing this: http://www.blueprint.ng/2014/11/20/kaduna-to-sack-lg-bosses-councillors-november-30/
They were appointed and El Rufai has all powers to Sweep them with his broom, they were tutored in the Stealing Is Not Corruption School of the Umbrella.

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Dibest(m): 12:35am On Jul 11, 2015
You can help take up the case on his behalf.
Spirit1:

If this happened in the Buhari government, I will advise the civilian to sue the policeman and police. He had no right to physically abuse a civilian. Trust me, he will win.

As Nigerians we must say enough is enough. This is actually a case the civil rights lawyers should take up pro bono - we as Nigerians have to learn to fight for our rights and dignity, as enriched in our constitution
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by myproperty(m): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2015
ddippset:
The local government chairmen sought to be joined in the suit as legally obtainable, justice akanbi refused. The National industrial court ordered that nobody should tamper with the tenure of the lga chairmen, justice akanbi refused. It's now they are talking about obeying court order. Fools.
When you call people fools, we expect that you are not a fool but a wise person. wise one, in the Rivers state issue did anybody tamper with local government tenure?

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Dibest(m): 12:46am On Jul 11, 2015
People should stop commenting on every thread without facts, the LGA Secretariats were not sealed because the APC is in-charge in the Federal level, they were sealed to forestall breakdown of law and for security purpose, the judge that ruled the case already adjourned Sine Die in April 29 because the jurisdiction of the FHC to entertain the matter involving the state electoral body has been appealed, so turning around to give judgement when the court of Appeal had adjourned till October is wrong.
anyaikenga:
When Rochas sacked duly elected chairmen in Imo state without a court order, PDP government at the federal did not seal any LOcal government HQ. Still APC was accusing PDP of impunity. Now they have changed the meaning of impunity to favour them, DIA ris Godoooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bakila: 12:47am On Jul 11, 2015
Anyways, parade don change for Wike. Mama piss don hang her Boots and is chilling with her Loot.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by myproperty(m): 12:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Spirit1:

In case you don't know, there is something called a right to appeal a judicial ruling. The final say lies in the Supreme Court not Appeal court.
It is the law of the land. Wike should allow the elected chairmen to exhaust their right to appeal.

How is Wike preventing them from exhausting their right to appeal? Did he stop them from getting a lawyer or from going to court of Appeal or may be Wike shut the doors of Court of Appeal
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by igoprinceo: 12:50am On Jul 11, 2015
APC is making Wike to be more stronger and brave,If they like the shld seal rivers state government house . Wike is the man the generality of the people of Rivers love.....

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Karlman: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2015
bakila:

And why then did this guys not pay Lawyers money to fight their case?
Unfortunately ero did not conduct elections to have them in office in Kaduna after doing this: http://www.blueprint.ng/2014/11/20/kaduna-to-sack-lg-bosses-councillors-november-30/
They were appointed and El Rufai has all powers to Sweep them with his broom, they were tutored in the Stealing Is Not Corruption School of the Umbrella.

U LOTS ARE SO IMPRESSIVE
ITS ALL GOOD IF ITS APC
ITS ALL BAD IF ITS PDP
SERVES NIGERIANS RIGHT THEY SOLD THEIR VOTES TO TERRORISTS

3 Likes

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by lakzy(m): 12:53am On Jul 11, 2015
what goes around comes around
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jogojogo: 12:56am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
APC is falling by d day. Wike is smarter here cos it was d courts (a Federal one for that matter) that dissolved d l.g chairmen. Dat he even gave a 6mnth period during which a proper l.g election must be done makes him a better democrat than a lot of governors in d country (even APC controlled states esp Rocha's) who will use caretaker chairmen 'ad infinitum'. Amaechi tot Wike wud v used his executive powers in connivance with d state assembly to sack them but Wike waited for d courts. Its only a matter of time d Police will come out to deny this n claim they were there to forestall breakdown of law n order. Honestly I am one of those DAT this Wike's leadership charisma is coming to as a surprise cos they made him appear as a tout n highly occultic down here. But really, this guy will have a lot to celebrate within first 100days n might be d NXT Akpabio in terms of devptal strides. Another reason for me to think this Wike dude was truly d brain behind Amaechi first term success as CoS cos Amaechi really did well during his first 4years.

After all said and done he is still a TOUT. Though he may have acted civilly and rightly on this occasion, that does not suddenly erase his identity. The fact that you were also SURPRISED at his decent conduct simply confirmed my assertion that he remains a tout.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bakila: 12:59am On Jul 11, 2015
Karlman:

U LOTS ARE SO IMPRESSIVE
ITS ALL GOOD IF ITS APC
ITS ALL BAD IF ITS PDP
SERVES NIGERIANS RIGHT THEY SOLD THEIR VOTES TO TERRORISTS
The Local Government Chairmen sacked were not elected. I do not know which foollllish planet you came from but if you are Wailing about PDP that is a party that its foolishness lost over 400 KLM of our nation space.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Karlman: 1:10am On Jul 11, 2015
bakila:

The Local Government Chairmen sacked were not elected. I do not know which foollllish planet you came from but if you are Wailing about PDP that is a party that its foolishness lost over 400 KLM of our nation space.

SUCH A PATHETIC CASE U AR
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by sonofananimalz: 1:16am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
APC is falling by d day. Wike is smarter here cos it was d courts (a Federal one for that matter) that dissolved d l.g chairmen. Dat he even gave a 6mnth period during which a proper l.g election must be done makes him a better democrat than a lot of governors in d country (even APC controlled states esp Rocha's) who will use caretaker chairmen 'ad infinitum'. Amaechi tot Wike wud v used his executive powers in connivance with d state assembly to sack them but Wike waited for d courts. Its only a matter of time d Police will come out to deny this n claim they were there to forestall breakdown of law n order. Honestly I am one of those DAT this Wike's leadership charisma is coming to as a surprise cos they made him appear as a tout n highly occultic down here. But really, this guy will have a lot to celebrate within first 100days n might be d NXT Akpabio in terms of devptal strides. Another reason for me to think this Wike dude was truly d brain behind Amaechi first term success as CoS cos Amaechi really did well during his first 4years.
angry
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by fowowe411: 1:16am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
APC is falling by d day. Wike is smarter here cos it was d courts (a Federal one for that matter) that dissolved d l.g chairmen. Dat he even gave a 6mnth period during which a proper l.g election must be done makes him a better democrat than a lot of governors in d country (even APC controlled states esp Rocha's) who will use caretaker chairmen 'ad infinitum'. Amaechi tot Wike wud v used his executive powers in connivance with d state assembly to sack them but Wike waited for d courts. Its only a matter of time d Police will come out to deny this n claim they were there to forestall breakdown of law n order. Honestly I am one of those DAT this Wike's leadership charisma is coming to as a surprise cos they made him appear as a tout n highly occultic down here. But really, this guy will have a lot to celebrate within first 100days n might be d NXT Akpabio in terms of devptal strides. Another reason for me to think this Wike dude was truly d brain behind Amaechi first term success as CoS cos Amaechi really did well during his first4years.
Tell me just one thing thus your new hero as achieved that has warranted the accolades, that he dissolves local govt councils? Or that he sacked some lecturers and earners? Et al. Ain't saying you should not praise him cos I can see you are eager to do that but at least wait till he warrants it.
@topic I hope this order is not some power play between APC and PDO.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by joory1(m): 1:28am On Jul 11, 2015
Police sealed up 22 LG secretariat on Buhari orders. The real change has come. shocked still observing oooO cool

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by sapientia(m): 1:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Bla Bla Bla

The issue here was that a court order was disobeyed by conducting the election..

its as simple as that..

Even the supreme court cannot rule against that.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Jonwesley(m): 1:54am On Jul 11, 2015
Wike is just a waste of time. Any Rivers state person that defends, support and follow this man is deluded.

What is the difference? You used the High Court, procured a judgment to sack the council chairmen and cleared them without the right of appeal, and even not allowing them remain on seat till up to the supreme court, there and there you pick caretakers in place of the elected chairmen. It's the same as Wike sacking the councils. You are now crying foul that you used the Judiciary, but you are not allowing the course of the judiciary to the end before putting in caretakers.

Wike, you claimed you are a lawyer, even with your wife a justice of a high court, yet this unwarranted propaganda and provocative action is being done.

Rivers people reap your harvest. But note well, every injustice done cannot stand the test of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by abokikhalifa: 1:56am On Jul 11, 2015
honestivo:
There is no issue of the past govt disobeying a court order. This is a strange and dangerous impunity that is capable of destroying this nation.
na only u sabi speak english aabi? when wike was using police and army to disturb the peace of river state you were clapping hands for him..... karma na bastard........just like tinubu amechi can not lose a battle...shikina

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bros856: 2:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Why is it difficult for Wike to work with the present Chairmen or are they from another state? I may not be of APC but Federal high court should have allow this case to be handled by Election Tribunal, Someone should help here I thought it's constitutional that all election matters be handled by Election Tribunal set up for each state. That was what I heard from the last government. Why did the judge Akanbi hurriedly deliver judgement without even asking questions and caretaker set up immediately as if it was programmed. Judiciary and their corrupt Judges are the biggest problem we have in this country. They are causing all sort of trouble like this one now. Where is Rivers state election tribunal or is this not suppose to be their case? Akanbi, Akanbi Akanbi, how many times have i call you. Money is not everything. How can you nullify an election that was conducted by the right Body and you are asking the same body to conduct another election after six months with no tangible reason given. Have court considered how much of the state local govt. funds that will be spend on elections and the time the local goverments will waist instead of development then election violent that may follow. Have you people in court turn to dictators not Judges because this action is too fast.

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bakila: 2:09am On Jul 11, 2015
Karlman:

SUCH A PATHETIC CASE U AR
Discussing with someone like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Victorblaze14(m): 2:42am On Jul 11, 2015
ddippset:
Hahahaha. What wike with patience Jonathan did to amaechi with Joseph mbu is back at him. Let him just chill and enjoy the new dawn. Fools.
ddippset:
Hahahaha. What wike with patience Jonathan did to amaechi with Joseph mbu is back at him. Let him just chill and enjoy the new dawn. Fools.
ddippset:
it shows that apc and buari does not believe in rule of law

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:42am On Jul 11, 2015
A governor who will be sacked by tribunal, appeal court if and supreme think he is duly elected. Dakuku Peterside be preparing to take over. Impunity era is gone where a mere state minister will be controlling commissioner of police with unconstitutional first lady. Nemesis. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Victorblaze14(m): 2:49am On Jul 11, 2015
dj187:
Wike must bow
#WhatGoesAroundComesAround
APC and buhari has brought change,is dis d definion of change.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by NobleG1(m): 2:58am On Jul 11, 2015
What right does the IG have to do this? Did IG get the order from the court to seal off those LG Secretariats?
Even though I don't like Wike, I'm curious to why the IG did it.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by free2ryhme: 3:08am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:

How many court order did Jonathan obeyed when he was in power
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Billygee2u: 3:10am On Jul 11, 2015
can every body see Buhari true colors coming out?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement / Jos Residents Turn Labour Party Presidential Rally Into Street Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.