Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG (40355 Views)

‘I Had Orders From Above To Make Sure Metuh Arrived Court In Handcuffs’ -the Sun / Court Ruling: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by gbrown(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2015
ifeanyija:

http://www.scannewsnigeria.com/news/sealing-up-of-council-secretariats-wike-urges-rivers-people-to-remain-calm/

PDP IS A CANCER, IT CAN ONLY BE EXTERMINATED BY THE POTENT FORCE OF CHANGE, WHEN A PEOPLE REFUSE TO STAND UP FOR THIER RIGHTS, THEY BECOME TOOLS IN THE HANDS OF DEVOURING POLITRICKCIANS, ONCE UPON A TIME MRS JONATHAN AND WICKED WIKE ROLLED OUT THIER ARMOUR AND HELD RIVERS STATE CAPTIVE, THEY MADE USE OF THE INSTRUMENTS OF STATE VIA POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU,WITH IMPUNITY THEY HAD THIER WAY, TODAY THE TIDE HAS TURN, PLS PDP AND WICKED WIKE SAVOUR THIS UNPALATABLE DISH, IT,S YOUR TURN TO BE AT THE RECEIVING END.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by yetunsbay(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari will always be a dictator, Rivers state is being used as his lab rat to test his powers. To those APC goats quoting me * May you have delay in life the way Buhari is delaying to announce his cabinet*
how does PMB cabinet announcement affect your life? better focus on betterment of ur dear life and those of ur loved ones
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by kipesco(m): 9:17am On Jul 11, 2015
luckier9:

don't mind all the people that are talking senselessly, you are on point. u guys should note: that Amechi appointed an acting chief judge and judiciary refused to operate with acting C.J saying there are notting like acting CJ in judiciary constitution.

and now Wike appoints acting CJ just to remove the LG chairperson s'. and u think is can work for him.

my state court is yet to resume. for now, we don't have chief judge. because the judiciary refuses to operate with acting during Amechi regime. is't now dey will ? lie lie to PDP and fake CJ.

Please dear, don't post if u have not verified.
NJC recommended judges to be appointed as acting chief judge or judge but Amachi refused because those appointed are loyalist of PDP. So he decided to have his way out that brought the crisis.
So believe u get it right now
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by omon24(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2015
ddippset:
Hahahaha. What wike with patience Jonathan did to amaechi with Joseph mbu is back at him. Let him just chill and enjoy the new dawn. Fools.
I shouldn't normally support this, but what wike did during amaechi's administration, hmm... what goes around, truly, comes around. I saw it all.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Correctman0606: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
APC is falling by d day. Wike is smarter here cos it was d courts (a Federal one for that matter) that dissolved d l.g chairmen. Dat he even gave a 6mnth period during which a proper l.g election must be done makes him a better democrat than a lot of governors in d country (even APC controlled states esp Rocha's) who will use caretaker chairmen 'ad infinitum'. Amaechi tot Wike wud v used his executive powers in connivance with d state assembly to sack them but Wike waited for d courts. Its only a matter of time d Police will come out to deny this n claim they were there to forestall breakdown of law n order. Honestly I am one of those DAT this Wike's leadership charisma is coming to as a surprise cos they made him appear as a tout n highly occultic down here. But really, this guy will have a lot to celebrate within first 100days n might be d NXT Akpabio in terms of devptal strides. Another reason for me to think this Wike dude was truly d brain behind Amaechi first term success as CoS cos Amaechi really did well during his first 4years. FTC though
Your likes don hit 243 but he nor reach. Am d4 giving you additional 243 totallling 486. That is one of highest likes achieved abi scored since the advent of Nairaland.
Honestly I am by the day become more and more uncomfortable over apc. But what may have caused these many disappointments are not very far. Look at apc today, many of them were booted out of pdp for one evil or one indesciple reason. Other reasons include high degree of lie telling, I mean always indulging on propaganda, corrupt practices, highly irresponsible as well as other unacceptable characteristics. So, at the end of the day apc now have membership strength of ONLY very useless people who are completely out and far from nomalcy. That is where we are today. An apc member will say THIS is WAY, in another second, at the same spot, another member will say No. THAT is the WAY. The other day some one was tryiny to attribute apc's mess to communication problems especially going by the likes of Buhari who, up to day is without certificate.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by sunnychykes(m): 9:31am On Jul 11, 2015
I think the sealing of the 22 local govt.secretariat in Rivers state by the order of IGP is acted on intelligence report. The court annulled the election of the 22 local council election in the morning, later there was bomb blast outside the court that same day in the evening the state governor inaugurated another 22 local council caretaker committee chairmen.then you think there will be no violence? I believe the police acted well in order to avoid violence because I know some camp will be threatening to cause violence and unrest to the Rivers people despite its a battle between the APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jaytee01(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This is an affront on the judiciary, Buhari is biting more than he can chew because state sponsored intimidation of PDP government in Rivers state will never be tolerated.
When Wike was using federal police and army to cause confusion in Rivers, ashawo ppl no see am.....

Were you not alive when policemen were preventing lawmakers and council officials from functioning in Rivers, even providing cover for thugs to operate?

You are free to go and unseal the council premises.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jaytee01(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Correctman0606:
Your likes don hit 243 but he nor reach. Am d4 giving you additional 243 totallling 486. That is one of highest likes achieved abi scored since the advent of Nairaland.
Honestly I am by the day become more and more uncomfortable over apc. But what may have caused these many disappointments are not very far. Look at apc today, many of them were booted out of pdp for one evil or one indesciple reason. Other reasons include high degree of lie telling, I mean always indulging on propaganda, corrupt practices, highly irresponsible as well as other unacceptable characteristics. So, at the end of the day apc now have membership strength of ONLY very useless people who are completely out and far from nomalcy. That is where we are today. An apc member will say THIS is WAY, in another second, at the same spot, another member will say No. THAT is the WAY. The other day some one was tryiny to attribute apc's mess to communication problems especially going by the likes of Buhari who, up to day is without certificate.
You just came to nairaland and knew that 243 likes is one of the highest total likes ever? Where were you in the weeks leading to the elections?
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by sosodevf(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2015
Why Do people here get sudden blindness in political matters? When ameachi was governor, he was intimidated by security agents. So why the cry? I remember back during buhari's campaign in Rivers State the then gov. Ameachi told the military that they should continue oppressing APC members, after buhari is declared winner they will salute him. Ok I get it he (wike) did not see this coming. Quit the pretense and face the race he and mama peace started.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jaytee01(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2015
I normally don't support impunity but where Wike is concerned, I believe the police have not gone far enough....... He should get a dose of his own medicine, period!
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by engrlarex(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
As per being joined in d suit DAT was d prerogative of d court to agree in joining them or not. As per d Natnl Ind court DAT nobody should tamper with them it was obeyed n part of d reason Wike never dissolved them on his own. The Industrial court never said a Fed High court of competent jurisdiction should not be obeyed. The APC camp has indicated dia willingness to appeal d verdict n its within dia right. D whole episode started with Amaechi conducting an l.g election five days to handover even when d court advised against that by telling Inec not to release d voters list to Rivsiec. I wonder who will bankroll money to pursue this appeal if eventually done. Good enough updates have even shown its few l.g of Emohua, Ikwerre, Obio Akpor n Phc city DAT d police barricaded and likely by 'morrow they all disappear

Pls answer this sincere questions, when did peter obi conducted the local govt elections in Anambra? I guess u shld kw, its few days to his handing over and dey r still intact?
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by kotv: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2015
The judas and the dullard is trying to destroy River state. there wish will never come true. why won't apc leave us alone? we don't want them in rivers, why can't they just leave us alone.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jaytee01(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2015
gbrown:

PDP IS A CANCER, IT CAN ONLY BE EXTERMINATED BY THE POTENT FORCE OF CHANGE, WHEN A PEOPLE REFUSE TO STAND UP FOR THIER RIGHTS, THEY BECOME TOOLS IN THE HANDS OF DEVOURING POLITRICKCIANS, ONCE UPON A TIME MRS JONATHAN AND WICKED WIKE ROLLED OUT THIER ARMOUR AND HELD RIVERS STATE CAPTIVE, THEY MADE USE OF THE INSTRUMENTS OF STATE VIA POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU,WITH IMPUNITY THEY HAD THIER WAY, TODAY THE TIDE HAS TURN, PLS PDP AND WICKED WIKE SAVOUR THIS UNPALATABLE DISH, IT,S YOUR TURN TO BE AT THE RECEIVING END.
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 11, 2015
MyMouth:
A federal high court delivered a ruling, the chairmen can still appeal up to the supreme court! Why hurrydly constituting caretakers? Abi he think say na PDP still dey power?
that's the point I wanted to make, is the decision of the trial court final? Wike is a fool and will get the fool's treatment.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by gbrown(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
jaytee01:
GBAM!
MY BRO, THE LIKES OF MR OLISA MENTAL METUH SHOULD SHUT UP, WHEN PDP TURNED EKITI STATE INTO A GARRISON JUST TO ENTHRONE FAYOSE, THEY SAW IT AS NORMAL, THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF THE HUNTER BEEN HUNTED, SORRY WICKED WIKE,MRS JONATHAN CAN'T HELP YOU.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by bakila: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
obayaya:

You are missing it..

The federal high court has jurisdiction on matters involving federal government agencies. The Local government election involves INEC because INEC has to release the voters' register to RSIEC. And the court ordered INEC not to release the register and ordered RSIEC to stand down from conducting the election until the hearing in the case is completed.

INEC obeyed the order but RSIEC disobeyed the order to maintain "status quo ante". The Court only cancelled the election on the basis of RSIEC disobeying the court and rightly so.

As for the jurisdiction, I'll let the lawyers decide. But in my opinion, Since the Election involves INEC which is a federal government agency, the Federal High Court has jurisdiction
The Court lacks subject matter jurisdiction to determine the validity of elections into Local Government Council of a State or the action of RSIEC. The ancillary issue of voters register from INEC does not make INEC the main party in such a suit. Its like a High Court nullifying a Governor's election because the tenure relates to a state where it is situated, that WILL BE MISSING IT COMPLETELY.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by obayaya(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
bakila:

The Court lacks subject matter jurisdiction to determine the validity of elections into Local Government Council of a State or the action of RSIEC. The ancillary issue of voters register from INEC does not make INEC the main party in such a suit. Its like a High Court nullifying a Governor's election because the tenure relates to a state where it is situated, that WILL BE MISSING IT COMPLETELY.

PDP did not approach the Court to stop RSIEC but to stop INEC from releasing the Voters Register to RSIEC (I hope this answers your jurisdiction question). APC quickly challenged the court's jurisdiction in the court of appeal to stall the case.

The court ruled that the "Status quo ante" be maintained. A rule RSIEC disobeyed thereby making the whole election illegal.

Even if the Federal High Court doesn't have jurisdiction, that's not enough reason for RSIEC to disobey the court.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Correctman0606: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
jaytee01:
You just came to nairaland and knew that 243 likes is one of the highest total likes ever? Where were you in the weeks leading to the elections?
I think you got it wrong. His likes were 243. If that is added to mine, numbering another 243 will total 486. Am sure 486 should be among the highest. That is the point. When a n/lander has so much points in his post, points that sound convincing, accurate and full of satisfaction, one can give even up a million likes outside the one like as provided by the thread. Thanks.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Correctman0606:
bros thanks but u harsh small on Apc. just noticed d LIKES is 4 short of 300 in d 24hrs. I think APC don't deserve our pity b/c they gave us a lot of false hope. Based on comments of great minds like u I promise to always be objective in my contributions.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
fowowe411:
Tell me just one thing thus your new hero as achieved that has warranted the accolades, that he dissolves local govt councils? Or that he sacked some lecturers and earners? Et al. Ain't saying you should not praise him cos I can see you are eager to do that but at least wait till he warrants it.
@topic I hope this order is not some power play between APC and PDO.
MCC has returned to site on abandoned Iwofe road.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
Jonwesley:
Wike is just a waste of time. Any Rivers state person that defends, support and follow this man is deluded.

What is the difference? You used the High Court, procured a judgment to sack the council chairmen and cleared them without the right of appeal, and even not allowing them remain on seat till up to the supreme court, there and there you pick caretakers in place of the elected chairmen. It's the same as Wike sacking the councils. You are now crying foul that you used the Judiciary, but you are not allowing the course of the judiciary to the end before putting in caretakers.

Wike, you claimed you are a lawyer, even with your wife a justice of a high court, yet this unwarranted propaganda and provocative action is being done.

Rivers people reap your harvest. But note well, every injustice done cannot stand the test of time.
which gov in Nigeria has done as u wished. APC govs even sack elected chairmen without any court order.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by ddippset(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
obayaya:

PDP did not approach the Court to stop RSIEC but to stop INEC from releasing the Voters Register to RSIEC (I hope this answers your jurisdiction question). APC quickly challenged the court's jurisdiction in the court of appeal to stall the case.

The court ruled that the "Status quo ante" be maintained. A rule RSIEC disobeyed thereby making the whole election illegal.

Even if the Federal High Court doesn't have jurisdiction, that's not enough reason for RSIEC to disobey the court.

that status quo ante means 'inec do not release the voters' register to risec', it does not mean 'risec, do not conduct local government elections'
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
obayaya:

You are missing it..

The federal high court has jurisdiction on matters involving federal government agencies. The Local government election involves INEC because INEC has to release the voters' register to RSIEC. And the court ordered INEC not to release the register and ordered RSIEC to stand down from conducting the election until the hearing in the case is completed.

INEC obeyed the order but RSIEC disobeyed the order to maintain "status quo ante". The Court only cancelled the election on the basis of RSIEC disobeying the court and rightly so.

As for the jurisdiction, I'll let the lawyers decide. But in my opinion, Since the Election involves INEC which is a federal government agency, the Federal High Court has jurisdiction
tanks bro for coming to my help
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
GreenUzzy:
how are they failing? you're a hypocrite. When GEJ was dealing with Ameachi you didn't see anything wrong with it right. If you're not happy with the latest development get on the sidewalk.
I said falling but u saw failing, in any case na u talk am
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
kipesco:

Mmmmmm

Let's look at two side of coin.
When I heard the news, I said this is what happened to Amaechi in his tenure and he us paying back.

But let us also look wen first Amaechi assumed office as governor he dissolved the LG chairmen with immediate effect.

Then in his second tenure when one of his chairmen remained in PDP, immediately within one day setup allegation suspended the chairman.
The then President did not order police to seal all the LGs.
Rather a court reinstated the chairman and Amaechi then dissolved that LG alone that is y police sealed that LG and Protected it.

Now let me believe the police are trying to prevent break down of rule of law but if not then I think the President Buhari is stooping so low to Amaechi. What I expected them was to challenge the judgement in a competent court. But this, I think Buhari even in a military era should not have stooped so low.

During our dear President GEJ, a certain state in the north APC won the LG election of that state yet the PDP did not behave the way change is behaving yes it is change and change in the negative direction.

Amaechi in his days sacked the LG Chairman of Okirika for welcoming his Sister Madam Jona and when the man pleaded, he reinstated him is that how government should be, if u are not with them then u shouldn't exist.

Hope this resolved immediately as one day advisers of PMB may lead him to create chaos and the country may break which am praying.
on point. very unbiased
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by jlinkd78(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
engrlarex:

Pls answer this sincere questions, when did peter obi conducted the local govt elections in Anambra? I guess u shld kw, its few days to his handing over and dey r still intact?
at least dia was no court order stopping d election n all other parties participated. In Rivers own only APC was involved and d court said don't. But in any case was what Obi did d right thing?
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by ibietela2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Optionalx: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
APC is falling by d day. Wike is smarter here cos it was d courts (a Federal one for that matter) that dissolved d l.g chairmen. Dat he even gave a 6mnth period during which a proper l.g election must be done makes him a better democrat than a lot of governors in d country (even APC controlled states esp Rocha's) who will use caretaker chairmen 'ad infinitum'. Amaechi tot Wike wud v used his executive powers in connivance with d state assembly to sack them but Wike waited for d courts. Its only a matter of time d Police will come out to deny this n claim they were there to forestall breakdown of law n order. Honestly I am one of those DAT this Wike's leadership charisma is coming to as a surprise cos they made him appear as a tout n highly occultic down here. But really, this guy will have a lot to celebrate within first 100days n might be d NXT Akpabio in terms of devptal strides. Another reason for me to think this Wike dude was truly d brain behind Amaechi first term success as CoS cos Amaechi really did well during his first 4years. FTC though . Updated 5:30 pm 11/7/15: Really surprised this my small comment which is my FTC to make FP has had 300+ likes within 24hrs . I promise to remain objective always n to come bak here and castigate Wike if he falls our hand.
Hahaha people can spin logic on its head. You quickly forgot so easily that federal high court is a first court of intance and sacked chairmen have a right to APPEAL this judgement. Have u wondered why Gov Wike was in a haste to swear in his own people immediately after the judgment. It appear he has a forehand knowledge of the judgment to have prepared his own guys ready for takeover... So don't prise Wike he is as guilty as Amachi and others in continuous rape and bastardization of institutions for selfish and pecuniary gains.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Excellentmind: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
Police must vacate all the council secretariats within allowable time else it will face a fierce protest from the people of Rivers State.

Amaechi is in on the brink!
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Optionalx: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
How. Amaechi unilaterally sacked l.g chairmen with connivance with d assembly. Even though Wike wud v done same, he rather waited for d courts to decide.
Which court sef. Go and check out what transpired in this case. It was a no case immediately Wike took over government as he changed the defence counsel to his own guys. Is like asking ex gov Nyako and co to pick prosecution counsel for EFCC. It will turn to no case for him as he is sure walking free.
Are you also aware the court refuse to join the sack LG chairmen to this case when they requested to be joined.

Nigeria situation is very pathetic. Use your power, your money to corrupt and destroy the systems and institutions for pecuniary gains.

The police did the right thing here. The sacked guy should exhaust their right of appeal. Abi na because them be LG chairmen. How many senators or govnors in recent memory left office because of high court judgement when there is option to appeal.
Re: Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG by Optionalx: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
jlinkd78:
pls d brain is for reasoning. Did Wike sack d l.g.a chairmen?--- d court did. In Amaechi own he sacked an elected chairman Mr Nsirim to install a caretaker Mr Chikaodi Dike n Gej had to use d Police to barricade d council hence a clear opposite of d case in hand
The sack LG guys have a right of Appeal which have not been exhausted. So Wike was wrong appointing a administrators when there are elected chairmen. He literally sacked them, not courts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Bukola Saraki / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement / Mob Destroys Ahmed Mohammed Ketso's Private Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.