Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi (19712 Views)

Ekiti Reps Storm EFCC To Remind Them Of Petition They Wrote Against Fayemi / Ondo: APC Crisis Worsens As S’west, S’south Chairmen Bicker / Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2015
By Dapo Akinrefon

THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and a former governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi were yesterday engaged in war of words over alleged moves to prosecute the former governor by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC. While the PDP raised alarm over plans to shield Fayemi from inevitable arrest and prosecution by EFCC, the former governor said the party was merely hallucinating.

In a statement by the state’s Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr Jackson Adebayo alleged that some leaders of APC were planning to approach President Muhammadu Buhari through his closets men from the north in a “desperate attempt to shield Fayemi from inevitable arrest and prosecution by EFCC”.

The party said “it has come to our notice that there is a sinister motive by the leaderships of the All Progressive Congress to put presure on the presidency to halt the investigation of the former APC governor by the EFCC when it dawned on them that the various petitions before the EFCC on the financial mismanagement of the APC administration in Ekiti State between 2010 and 2014 can not be ignored again by the anti graft body in its current moves against past governors.”,

The PDP, however, noted that “We are aware that the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria police have reached an advanced stage in their investigation of the financial mismanagement of the immediate past government in Ekiti State and alleged outright diversion of money meant for the state to private pockets. We are also aware that Fayemi has approached a top security chief who is very close to the president to intervene., “

Fayemi reacts

In his reaction, Chief Press Secretary to Fayemi, Mr Olayinka Oyebode declared that “I think the PDP-led government in the state is merely hallucinating.” Oyebode, ‘told Vanguard that “This is a pure case of hallucination. You and I know that it is the incumbent governor, Ayodele Fayose, that has a case with EFCC.

And I am sure you know that his N1.3billion poultry scam case came up at the Ado-Ekiti High Court sometimes in 2014 shortly before the elections. The case could not be heard on its adjourned date owing to the closure of courts in Ekiti since last year.” Oyebode added that “if there is anybody who should be running from pillar to post, begging to be bailed out of EFCC investigations or trial by the anti-corruption agencies, it should be Fayose.”

Absolving the Fayemi administration of mismanagement of state funds, Oyebode said “Fayemi ran one of the most responsible and corruption-free governments not only in Ekiti State, but in the country. He has been out of office for nine months and has not been invited by any anti-corruption agency be it EFCC or ICPC.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/pdp-apc-bicker-over-alleged-efcc-move-against-fayemi/[

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ORACLE1975(m): 6:15am On Jul 13, 2015
Good morning nairaland,

If a single teacher can't teach us all the subjects then how can you expect a single studentto learn all the subjects?

I dedicate this plot of land to my wife she's from Ekiti Olori ORACLE.

I will not comment on above issue for now everyday my government bring different type mago mago so that I will not know what's going on in government well God dey oo.

to all below me have a wonderful week.

4 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by iykenex(m): 6:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok,
Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by luvinhubby(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2015
And so?

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2015

“We are aware that the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria police have reached an advanced stage in their investigation of the financial mismanagement of the immediate past government in Ekiti State and alleged outright diversion of money meant for the state to private pockets. We are also aware that Fayemi has approached a top security chief who is very close to the president to intervene., “

Fayemi looted Ekiti dry.
cc:lalasticlala, ishilove

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by CUM4WHAT(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2015
I need a babe

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2015
APC-Government of sentiment

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Mogidi: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2015
Am surprised Fayemi still walk the streets a free man, this was the governor that spent a whooping #50mil purchasing his bed.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:21am On Jul 13, 2015
It's perfectly legal to be st*pid at times but some people just completely take advantage. PDP is st*pid.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:24am On Jul 13, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
It's perfectly legal to be st*pid at times but some people just completely take advantage. PDP is st*pid.

Fayemi is the stupid one for spending 50million on buying just a bed, what else did he do, efcc must reveal the man's extravagance.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by nerodenero: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2015
If Fayemi isn't clean, EFCC should pick him and do the needful. Fayemi being a PMB's loyalist, if prosecuted and convicted, then that would be a right signal to both former and serving polithiefcians that it will never be business as usual.

29 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by khalleb(m): 6:27am On Jul 13, 2015
fayemi just chop frm ekiti purse Why fayose go Be the one who go loot ekiti purse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by eph12(m): 6:29am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:
Am surprised Fayemi still walk the streets a free man, this was the governor that spent a whooping #50mil purchasing his bed.
Blame it on Fayose. He's in the best position to discover any abnormalities in the previous administration.

4 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:30am On Jul 13, 2015
nerodenero:
If Fayemi isn't clean, EFCC should pick him and do the needful. Fayemi being a PMB's loyalist, if prosecuted and convicted, then that would be a right signal to both former and serving polithiefcians that it will never be business as usual.

I doubt Buhari would probe Fayemi, such a staunch loyalist, no way.

7 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by amaben2020(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2015
yellowbars and stealing, just like 5 and 6

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Mogidi: 6:34am On Jul 13, 2015
eph12:

Blame it on Fayose. He's in the best position to discover any abnormalities in the previous administration.

That is the job of EFCC, anyway lets wait and see if Buhari would allow the prosecution of one of his staunchest supporters.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by PassingShot(m): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Why is PDP speculating on everything? Why not allow EFCC do their job the way they deem fit?

I am confident that if Fayemi has case to answer, EFCC will invite him and prosecute him if need be.

What should however baffle every reasonable and sane Nigerian (minus wailing wailers) is that all these cases/allegations of corruption now springing up were all committed under the dunce of a president that was deservedly kicked out by patriotic citizens. Where was EFCC since all the almost six years of that Otuoke Drunk? Oh, I get it now; EFCC couldn't do anything with a corrupt man as the president of Nigeria.

What EFCC has achieved in six weeks under PMB, it didn't achieve in six years of GEJ. It's a shameful fact in the face of TANoids/Wailers.

23 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by PassingShot(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2015
ChaleeBendel:

Fayemi looted Ekiti dry.
Where was EFCC under your Otuoke god to prosecute him, Ohakim, Nyako, Sule Lamido and others then?

9 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Donshegxy10(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Fayemi my man. Make I book space first.

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by omowolewa: 6:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Let EFCC do its work, and let Fay.... (Yemi or yose) defend his acts in office.

5 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by midolian(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:
werey! Go and chain him na cheesy

4 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Mogidi: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
werey! Go and chain him na cheesy
Ediot, you want all PDP ex- governors prosecuted while turning a blind eye to APC ex-governors.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:45am On Jul 13, 2015
PassingShot:

Where was EFCC under your Otuoke god to prosecute him, Ohakim, Nyako, Sule Lamido and others then?

He will be prosecuted, there's nothing you can do about it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by midolian(m): 6:47am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:

Ediot, you want all PDP ex- governors prosecuted while turning a blind eye to APC ex-governors.
mumu, go and tender ya evidence to the EFCC and see if he won't be prosecuted. I wonder when you ll grow a brain. E go even sweet my belle sef if they find him guilty and serve him jail terms. I don't support any corrupt politician.. But I hate baseless allegations

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Mogidi: 6:50am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
mumu, go and tender ya evidence to the EFCC and see if he won't be prosecuted. I wonder when you ll grow a brain.

You're bereft of common sense, PDP Ekiti has already submitted the needed evidence.
If you feel like committing suicide I'd gladly provide the noose.

18 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by midolian(m): 6:54am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:

You're bereft of common sense, PDP Ekiti has already submitted the needed evidence.
If you feel like committing suicide I'd gladly provide the noose.
you are the one to commit suicide here. I don't support any corrupt politician .. I jst hate baseless allegations. I ll be happier than you ediots if he gets jailed after found guilty of the crime alleged. Jst kul down for bros J. Ya blood too dey hot

5 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by Mogidi: 6:55am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
you are the one to commit suicide here. I don't support any corrupt politician .. I jst hate baseless allegations. I ll be happier than you ediots if he gets jailed after found guilty of the crime alleged. Jst kul down for bros J. Ya blood too dey hot

My blood dey hot? Na you start the abuse this early morning.

14 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by PassingShot(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2015
ChaleeBendel:

He will be prosecuted, there's nothing you can do about it.
And how has that affected me?

My question is, where was EFCC during El Clueless time?

3 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by jaytee01(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2015
The current wave of investigations and prosecutions must cut across the divide. Nobody should be spared, afterall we did not send anybody to steal public funds.
We are tired of "stealing is not corruption".

2 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by ChaleeBendel: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2015
jaytee01:
The current wave of investigations and prosecutions must cut across the divide. Nobody should be spared, afterall we did not send anybody to steal public funds.
We are tired of "stealing is not corruption".

Everybody that stole must be prosecuted whether PDP or APC.

2 Likes

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by midolian(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:

My blood dey hot? Na you start the abuse this early morning.
I no start any abuse. Check my first post. I was obviously joking. If I wasn't, I wouidnt have added that smiley. Buh u turned da whole thing to a fight. If dem jail fayemi or any other corrupt politician from APC, d tin no go affect me 1 bit so why I go carry d matter for head. @ least dat one go show say sanity don return for we country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi by jaytee01(m): 7:01am On Jul 13, 2015
ChaleeBendel:

Everybody that stole must be prosecuted whether PDP or APC.
That will always be my stand on this matter, no sentiments!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Others Meeting On Minimum Wage / Oyo LGs: Malami's Intervention Rejected By Oyo State Government / Magu Didn’t Pay Falana N28m - The Nation Retracts Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.