Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? (37287 Views)

Help Am 28, My Gf's Senior Sister Of 32 Is Deeply In Love With Me / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo) / Ladies, 5 Habits You Must Stop If You're Ready To Settle Down For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Richy4(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Op you knew a lot about this your friend. Haba!!!!

Anyways the standard of living might differ in some state i guess.

So if you think the amount will sustain your friend and the girl,( oh and don't forget the baby might show up next year and it could be twins.)
by all means go for it. But don't let your friend to be in a rush and do something he might regret tomorrow.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
[url][/url] bizsworld..com. read up
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
free2ryhme:

He stays in osogbo and thinks the economy their is similar too lagos abi?

His 600' no reach 2 bedroom for a year for lagos oo

He is actually working in Lagos at present: VI to be precise.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lagos is not a "friendly" environment to start a family if your 'pocket' is not buoyant enough. In other words, your friend should look very well before leaping. A contract staff with just 600 thousand naira should not be too quick to add more responsibilities on his shoulders unless he has other sources of income.

2 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by pickabeau1: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
y

devour129:
You guys have to learn that you don't need money to marry a wife ! Ask me why
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by fowowe411: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigv:
Can believe a grown ass man is asking such question. This simply implies;

* He's definitely not ready for marriage, and I pity the girl who'd commit to him.

* What was the source of the 600K? Is it sustainable? How long did it take him to make that amount?

* The third is just like the first, as a grown ass man, people with vision have married with a lot less.

I think the problem most times, is we have too many immature men jumping into marriage. Cos if you ask me, I didn't pick a wife for you, so I don't know why you'd ask if 600K is okay. Pls ask Cosmas Maduka undecided
You don't come online and start venting your frustrations on others.. If you can't advice then just pass..... Kids on nairaland these days

3 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
devour129:
WHY undecided
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by gonzaga: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
"He is 32 years of age now, and he is in love with a lady of 26 who was her junior while in Polytechnic."

This line sounds like a comment a graduate from Ire poly would make...lol
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by freeage7(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hmm! Na u abi na ur friend? I smell foul play, anyway dats ur wahala. Tell him to wait till d 600k turn 600million, better still 6billion. With 6billion in his account, the likes of Dangote, Otedola, ifeanyi uba, Elumelu, Asari Dokubo, Ayiri, Bola Tinubu and the rest billionaires will attend the wedding. Afterward he can visit the moon for his honeymoon. Wetin u think?

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by budav4fem: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
he should work for 3-6 month,during that process he should get his own apartment flourish it and start to plan for his marriage.

4 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
The guy has good prospects. That's the most important thing.

Let him sha just get decent accommodation first.

2 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigiyaro:
ur frnd is simply nt ready. He is d type dat schools till kindom come.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abugab:
Marriage is not all about money per se but how responsible you are.
600k for a wedding is not bad when prudently managed but it is more than just the wedding as marriage comes with responsibilities that involves huge finance.
His income is steady and he has got prospects, the lady in question is educated and has got fashion designing as another possible source of income stream though not yet fully in action. If the girl has her dreams to have a career, she can search for a job and build further income for the family. They can choose to go on break with child bearing by having a family plan for at least two years to enable the girl secure a job and better still, make income from the fashion designer which could be lucrative if she knows the job and markets well. The guy can also use this window to do his Masters before the kids starts coming.
For me, he can choose to settle down but there must be certain areas of agreement between the two of them as na their headache e be.

You are right.

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by yorubadelta(f): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
africanusvu:
Marriage isn't Buying and selling where one needs certain capital and expects certain profit,it is a mutual venture bw two LOVED partners with only one condition,everlasting Love,with any amt of money,so far u agree and hav ambition,You can make it
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by demiawise(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
jaybee3:

Is she threatening to leave because of uncertainties surrounding your commitment towards her or because of your current financial status?

If the former, nothing wrong with engaging her if she is the woman on your dream then set yourself a 6-12 month target for the wedding.
If the later, dump her!
thanks
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by adonbilivit: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
amnesty7:

Let him wait, possibly at 45 he would have become wealthy; then he can marry.
who does that? if his dad had waited to be wealthy before getting married he(the op) would have still been In primary school. he should be fair to his dad na...I am sure the old man wants to see his grandchildren
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by abbey621(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
This is simple, marry someone who has a job! Your salary alone is not enough to take care of a family so do the smart thing and marry someone that's an asset and not a liability. Forget about the crap about love, love comes and goes, trust me you don't want to marry a liability!

3 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
devour129:

tongue tongue tongue tongue Why?
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:

With 600k: do you want to apply? He is not married yet: overtaking is allowed tongue tongue tongue

Lol. Now I know it's you
cheesy, admit Already!
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by benjaminiyke(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abugab:
Marriage is not all about money per se but how responsible you are.
600k for a wedding is not bad when prudently managed but it is more than just the wedding as marriage comes with responsibilities that involves huge finance.
His income is steady and he has got prospects, the lady in question is educated and has got fashion designing as another possible source of income stream though not yet fully in action. If the girl has her dreams to have a career, she can search for a job and build further income for the family. They can choose to go on break with child bearing by having a family plan for at least two years to enable the girl secure a job and better still, make income from the fashion designer which could be lucrative if she knows the job and markets well. The guy can also use this window to do his Masters before the kids starts coming.
For me, he can choose to settle down but there must be certain areas of agreement between the two of them as na their headache e be.
Seconded! The poster should comply with your advice. Marriage should be all about compatibility,understanding and communication...forget love,even that fades away. Your comment is very helpful.

2 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by free2ryhme: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:

He is actually working in Lagos at present: VI to be precise.

He shld rent an apartment first then he shld tell you what he has left to pursue the wedding

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by demiawise(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Seconded! The poster should comply with your advice. Marriage should be all about compatibility,understanding and communication...forget love,even that fades away. Your comment is very helpful.
3rdconded lol. Nice advice man, I love your opinion. God bless you.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by DocHMD: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Is that child really yours? A Peace of Mind DNA test will tell you the truth.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Eyekandi:

Lol. Now I know it's you
cheesy, admit Already!

Imagine! if it is me and I come here online, will I be crucified for that? Remember, this is anonymous site, I can never be ashamed of airing my situation online.

Who knows, whether I am the one sitting besides you or even your younger brother? The situation is as real as death tongue tongue tongue
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Koolking(m): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:
Access Bank as a contract staff with 70k as salary. but also strive hard to have 600k in his account. My friend has also acquired two plots of land in “not too enlightened area” in Osogbo. He is 32 years of age now. Without accommodation of his own at present

BTW, Op, this is you, not any friend. If it's not you directly, then you are in the same predicament with the original writer. That makes this thread C&P.

Marriage is a mean to an end, not all there is in life. Marriage is not fulfillment and happiness. These are choices that are within us.

For a dude who work hard to save N600k without accommodation (privacy) of his own, then the dude is immature and the thought of marriage is a misplaced priority. The picture you painted approves that you are still living under your parents and are confined to whims and caprices of parenting.

Leave marriage for now and concentrate on your career until you are matured to marriage.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:

Imagine! if it is me and I come here online, will I be crucified for that? Remember, this is anonymous site, I can never be ashamed of airing my situation online.

Who knows, whether I am the one sitting besides you or even your younger brother? The situation is as real as death tongue tongue tongue

Lol, well, I've read some good advice here and he sounds like a sensible man, so let him read and Goodluck to him smiley
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by namdo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nnaaaa you are right. if you must marry now it must be nwa ji kwa small- it is best. Otherwise further first but try and get it done before age 36.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
It is. You just need to have a multiple stream of income. And a determined xter.. What's 5million kwanu??

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by anukulapo: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:
Despite staying idle for over a year after his graduation from one of Nigerian Polytechnics, my friend finally secured his first job at Access Bank as a contract staff with 70k as salary. After two years in Access Bank, he did not only become a graduate member of a professional body in his discipline, but also strive hard to have 600k in his account. My friend has also acquired two plots of land in “not too enlightened area” in Osogbo, the capital state capital of Osun State. As a very ambitious man, he is also considering going for his Master Degree Programme, but has not yet decide on which the course and direction to follow.

At a talented student, he came out as the best candidate among both Universities and Polytechnic graduates called for interview in one of private firms in Nigeria and has started working with them with N115k as net monthly salary in the past few months.
He is 32 years of age now, and he is in love with a lady of 26 who was her junior while in Polytechnic. The lady in question too has combined fashion school with her job search, the ambition which has not yet come to a fruition.

The bone of contention now is the insistence of my friend that his would-be-partner MUST be employed gainfully too before he can have a slightest though about marriage despite intense pressures from all angles. His parents have assured him of little help during marriage ceremony, but his self-reliant tendency has not acceded to their admonition. In my own perception about him, he is not ready to settle down for marriage as a result of his 'over ambition' in academic line: truly he is talented and I can beat my chest for him anyday anytime when it comes his discipline.

Without accommodation of his own at present, coupled with the need for marriage expenses and the need to further his education, should he consider settling for marriage in Lagos now?

As one of his closest friend, I decided to narrate this incidence on nairaland so that he can get first-hand-advice different from my own perspective because he is a kind of somebody that nobody can compel to do something unless he is personally and totally convinced, just like me.

This is a true life scenario: matured advice is needed. Thank God he is a nairalander too tongue tongue tongue
While it is good to look before one leaps, he can't be too sure that he'll be able to sustain anything. No! not even assured of life itself.

If he waits long enough and eventually gets what he wants (employed partner and more money for himself) let's say at age 39, does he think that life will wait for him?

Him go see say old age no easy to train children. He will surely regret not having children earlier by that time (especially after he understood that money would have come anyways).

3 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by efonat(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
[size=30pt]Bros u dey go far o. Ask am how much be pampas and baby food alone.[/size]
Yomieluv:
If #600k is the price to marry,by now,I would have been a multiple polygamist hubby.,

600k is damn too small in the present Nigeria,where a kilo of turkey is #1000 as at this morning,and a derica of beans is #190.. Tomatoes is expensive,4 pieces for #100,and pepper is scarce.

House rent is killing,and a good school fees is beyond the minimum wage.

So think twice.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Ephemmm: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Koolking:

BTW, Op, this is you, not any friend. If it's not you directly, then you are in the same predicament with the original writer. That makes this thread C&P.

Marriage is a mean to an end, not all there is in life. Marriage is not fulfillment and happiness. These are choices that are within us.

For a dude who work hard to save N600k without accommodation (privacy) of his own, then the dude is immature and the thought of marriage is a misplaced priority. The picture you painted approves that you are still living under your parents and are confined to whims and caprices of parenting.

Leave marriage for now and concentrate on your career until you are of mature age to marriage.

So at 32, he is not ripe for marriage in your own thinking? If you know how many calls I receive from his parents especially his mother per week you wont be saying this.

However, if I am the one and I post it online, will I be crucified? I will never hesitate to post anything bothering my mind online because nobody knows my username except from me.

I am here to source for better way of advising the guy: he is older than me and I believe he is ripe for marriage. From previous comments, I have even seen two nairalanders who claimed they are in the same shoe personally.

You can drop better suggestion if you have any.

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nicepoker(m): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
gabazin080:
Now that am back from the mods prison. I will continue bashing you guys until you stop being clueless.
Now back to the topic, I will advice you reason with your brain and not your d*ck. Don't let the thought of free pvssy involved in marriage make you do what you will regret. Besides you don't need someone to tell you when you are ready.
am 5th to comment
u will be banned for life soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do Men Offer In A Relationship? / When A Girl You Are Wooing Says This To You / Man Wails Bitterly After His Girlfriend Of Six Years Dumped Him | Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.