Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (35805 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
gameboy727:
The match against Everton was our best game of the season so far. I am Impressed.
I was wowed.

I look forward to the UCL match and our game against City all in this week, before I unleash my own observations. Don't wish to over expect just because of this one good game. United need consistency.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2015
Everton 0-3 Manchester United: 5 Talking Points

Louis van Gaal and his boys bounced back in style as Manchester United trounced Everton 3-0 at Goodison Park in an exciting encounter on Saturday. Morgan Schneiderlin, Ander Herrera and captain Wayne Rooney registered themselves on the scoresheet in the win that saw the Red Devils come away with three points.

The win helps United maintain the pressure on the fellow title contenders, especially on neighbours City, ahead of the crucial Manchester Derby at Old Trafford next week. Here are the five talking points from the game.

1. United End Goodison Park Jinx
Goodison Park is a difficult venue to travel to and who would know this better than a Manchester United side who has struggled to win here in the last three seasons. In the last three meetings between these clubs in the blue half of Merseyside, United have failed to register a single point or even get on the scoresheet.

In the last two meetings, the Reds were simply blown away by the hosts. But United finally ended the Curse of Goodison in emphatic style. The win was more crucial for United in terms of the league, especially after the disaster at the Emirates before the international break.

The visitors showed more hunger and intent to reclaim their season and also a get rid of the shaken morale. The fans and the manager asked for a reaction from the players and they responded in some style.

Will this win turn the season around for the Red Devils? Only time will tell, but so far it is surely one of the highlights for the English giants who are trying to reclaim their lost glory.

2. Dave Saves
David De Gea proves his worth practically every game with his class and performances. In midweek, he was imperious for Spain in their bid to qualify for Euro 2016 and today he asserted once again why he is one of the most sought-after goalkeepers in the world.

Everton were harmless for the majority of the game barring a couple of 15-minute spells in either halves where they threw everything at Reds. And in those spells, one man stood tall and held his own– the high-flying Spaniard, De Gea.

After a rocky start to the game, the former Atletico man grew in stature as the game progressed. If not for his crucial saves, the win wouldn’t seem as comprehensive as it seems.

The Toffees had quite a few clear cut chances and if not for De Gea led United defence, it would have been a different story at the end of 90 minutes.

After an enduring summer saga, it seems De Gea is back on track to have a yet another fruitful season with Manchester United.

3. United Were Calm, Composed And Clinical
A lot has been said about Manchester United’s midfield in recent past. Despite having one of the strongest midfields in the league, there were still doubts, especially after the disastrous trip to the Emirates.

At Everton, Van Gaal opted for a more compact midfield trio of Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian
Schweinsteiger and Ander Herrera. And the move paid rich dividends as United blew Everton away with ease. Herrera’s instincts and creativity gave a new dimension to United’s attack while Schneiderlin’s tenacity was the perfect fodder to the front three of Juan Mata, Anthony Martial and Wayne Rooney to build on.

Amidst all this hard work was the calm and experience of Schweinsteiger who pulled the strings like a conductor. The German was the soothing balm in the heat of the match. Everton’s midfield of Gareth Barry and James McCarthy had no answer to this United blitzkrieg in midfield.

There has been a lot chopping and changing in the midfield for United mostly due to the riches of players in the position, but this display should clear all the doubts in Van Gaal’s head on his preferred midfield combination.

4. Callous Toffees Pay The Price
Manchester United have been notoriously slow starters in the games this season. Saturday was a different ball game altogether as Everton were slow pokes whereas United were quick off the blocks. The slow start made Everton pay as they trailed by two goals inside 30 minutes.

When Everton got into their stride, they had a few decent chances but they spilled each and every one of them. Lukaku could have put the hosts ahead in the opening minutes of the match, but he was slow to react to the opportunity.

The hosts were nervy in possession as they gave the ball away too cheaply throughout the game.

They played a high tempo and pressing game in the second half, but their sloppiness in possession wasted their efforts. Whenever they carved out a decent opportunity they met a dead end either in the form of United’s central defence or David De Gea.

The Toffees were not at their imperious best, but they certainly were passive throughout the 90 minutes.

And this cost them the game and the crucial three points.

5. Phil Jones And Chris Smalling- The Lucky Duo
Phil Jones got his first start of the season in Premier League for Manchester United at the difficult Goodison Park. The brittle Englishman was rock solid in the heart of defence barring a few rocky moments in the opening stages of the game. Jones highlighted his importance to the squad and also justified his place in the starting lineup ahead of the in-form and versatile Daley Blind.

Chris Smalling is having his best season to date for United and Saturday was one of his routine performances where he was simply unplayable.

He handled the threat of Romelu Lukaku with ease and also marginalised the Belgian’s influence on the game.

In the first half, both of them played as two centre-halves taking on a big centre forward. But in the second half, post the introduction of Arouna Kone, the Englishmen played as a pair and took on the successful duo of Lukaku and Kone. Jones, in particular, showed great character on his return to first team football.

The duo of Smalling and Jones is somewhat a lucky charm for the Reds as the club hasn’t lost a single game when both of them have started together. Now that’s some understanding and solidity.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
Out line up against Everton worked like magic. But van Gaal will try to ruin this by introducing Blind in one position or the other.

I just want anything that will make United appear as a mighty threat and formidable.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
Manchester derby coming up on sunday...what's your view guys
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm so angry.perfect opportunity to beat city well..rooney is our problem in manu.

NYC game from schnerderlin,Herrera rojo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
It's pretty simple. If we had started with Smalling as the striker today instead of Rooney we would have won that game.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
It's pretty simple. If we had started with Smalling as the striker today instead of Rooney we would have won that game.

#fact
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rooney can't play as a stiker anymore..he should play behind martial. Manutd should shoot more
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lilprincey:
Rooney can't play as a stiker anymore..he should play behind martial. Manutd should shoot more

so Herrera shud b dropped rooney is too useless for us currently
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2015
dubylhover:

so Herrera shud b dropped rooney is too useless for us currently
Herrera can move to the flank like mata..if i was the coach i'll drop rooney but i don't see dat happeninq
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2015
LVG is destroying man.utd am sick and tired of this..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2015
gringringrin
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2015
I said it. Van Gaal is quick to sale off Di Maria of good repute but Rooney still gets to feature . Featuring players based on sentiments instead of firm will ruin the club.
Perreira and Lingard should start on the flanks. While Martial leads the striking. Our defence is pretty good, and schneiderlin and tiger or herrera can take on midfield. While Gea keeps.

That's all. I don't understand why it's difficult for LVG to figure out.

I still prefer inexperienced Giggs as coach over LVG
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
Largas:
I said it. Van Gaal is quick to sale off Di Maria of good repute but Rooney still gets to feature . Featuring players based on sentiments instead of firm will ruin the club.
Perreira and Lingard should start on the flanks. While Martial leads the striking. Our defence is pretty good, and schneiderlin and tiger or herrera can take on midfield. While Gea keeps.

That's all. I don't understand why it's difficult for LVG to figure out.

I still prefer inexperienced Giggs as coach over LVG
This.
I don't understand why Rooney gets a free pass. He has been awful in about 95% of his matches this season.

But on a positive note. Perreira was class yesterday. The dude bossed the midfield and was creative. Lingard was also awesome. I just wish LVG would move him to the left wing or AMC where he is more effective.

A central midfield of Schneiderlin, Perreira and Herrera would be awesome when Schweini needs a rest.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

This.
I don't understand why Rooney gets a free pass. He has been awful in about 95% of his matches this season.

But on a positive note. Perreira was class yesterday. The dude bossed the midfield and was creative. Lingard was also awesome. I just wish LVG would move him to the left wing or AMC where he is more effective.

A central midfield of Schneiderlin, Perreira and Herrera would be awesome when Schweini needs a rest.

The problem of LVG is his selection of players and the positions he plays them. He either selects the wrong players for a match, or he selects the right players but plays them off positon.

He should be flexible and learn to do the right things the right way. That is, playing on form in the right wing. Perreira on the left, lingard on the right and martial at the centre.

And demand that they shoot more than they hold position.

I don't understand his selection of players who don't perform, playing right players on the wrong position like martial and his philosophy of possession that gives no trophy.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
What's the solution to man.utd scorinq problems?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 4:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Watford vs man.utd
Time: 1.45pm
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lilprincey:
Watford vs man.utd
I just hope delay starts today...3 points is a must oo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lilprincey:
Watford vs man.utd
I just hope depay starts today...3 points is a must oo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2015
5 Thinqs i learnt from watford's game

1) Depay and lingard were wasteful in this game. They missed chances that were begging and could have cost us the game.
2) schweinsteiger played one of his best game in a man.utd shirt against watford.
3) Blind should be played as a left back not as a center back anymore.
4) Smalling is premier league best defender this year. He gave ighalo no breathing space anoda superb performance from MIKE smalling.
5) Jones and herrera injured. Dats disastrous for us at this moment. We wish dem a quick recovery.

Cc dubylhover
Cc Largas
Cc Aikaydawrapper
Cc brytawon
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2015
Lilprincey:

1) Depay and lingard were wasteful in this game. They missed chances that were begging and could have cost us the game.
2) schweinsteiger played one of his best game in a man.utd shirt against watford.
4) Smalling is premier league best defender this year. He gave ighalo no breathing space anoda superb performance from MIKE smalling.
5) Jones and herrera injured. Dats disastrous for us at this moment. We wish dem a quick recovery.

Cc dubylhover
Cc Largas
Cc Aikaydawrapper
Cc brytawon

You've spoken well
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Lilprincey:

Cc dubylhover
Cc Largas
Cc Aikaydawrapper
Cc brytawon

very well said..but I felt lingard was more wasteful in front of goal...teiger nd Memphis put him through one on one but he fluffed....

I still maintain schnerderlin generally was our best signing,he trully is d unsung hero in manu
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
dubylhover:

very well said..but I felt lingard was more wasteful in front of goal...teiger nd Memphis put him through one on one but he fluffed....

I still maintain schnerderlin generally was our best signing,he trully is d unsung hero in manu
Schneiderlin is a very qud player. He only needs to shoot more
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2015
Lilprincey:

Schneiderlin is a very qud player. He only needs to shoot more

yea you're right,if lvg wants to rotate,he shudnt touch him OK..d guy is so important..his interceptions and tackles are vital...

degea is still d best individual in manu
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
dubylhover:

yea you're right,if lvg wants to rotate,he shudnt touch him OK..d guy is so important..his interceptions and tackles are vital...

degea is still d best individual in manu
on point bro..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
5 things i learnt against leicester
1) Darmian has lost form, i don't see him starting again if we have a full squad
2) Scholes is right man.utd don't take risks. We play a very simple game no splitting passes, no risks..
3) Schweinsteiger played very well today. Carrick slowed the tempo in midfield. I missed schneiderlin 2day
4) Young should always start ahead of depay. He put some good crosses in the box 2day.
5) I think draw is a good game 2day. Congrats to vardy see you in manchester next yr..lols

Cc dubylhover
Cc aikaydawrapper
Cc Largas
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Lilprincey:
1) Darmian has lost form, i don't see him starting again if we have a full squad
2) Scholes is right man.utd don't take risks. We play a very simple game no splitting passes, no risks..
3) Schweinsteiger played very well today. Carrick slowed the tempo in midfield. I missed schneiderlin 2day
4) Young should always start ahead of depay. He put some good crosses in the box 2day.
5) I think draw is a good game 2day. Congrats to vardy see you in manchester next yr..lols

Cc dubylhover
Cc aikaydawrapper
Cc Largas

Man I'm tired of being a United fan.

I almost got into serious trouble going to watch United shameless draw last champions league night.

And now today we had to draw. Why do we always lose or draw anytime we get a chance to win and claim the top position in the league. It sucks.

Nothing better than being a Barca fan to be honest. Always assured of plenty of goals and victory from the fearsome trio of sua, ney and mess. I watched them today and dreamed of when United could play in such stellar class. Unfortunately that won't happen anytime under LVG. He puts fear into the mind of his players that's why the players are not daring, and don't play freely and creating chances, always predictable and have lost credibility. Can't wait to get rid of LVG after next season.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
Largas:

Man I'm tired of being a United fan.

I almost got into serious trouble going to watch United shameless draw last champions league night.

And now today we had to draw. Why do we always lose or draw anytime we get a chance to win and claim the top position in the league. It sucks.

Nothing better than being a Barca fan to be honest. Always assured of plenty of goals and victory from the fearsome trio of sua, ney and mess. I watched them today and dreamed of when United could play in such stellar class. Unfortunately that won't happen anytime under LVG. He puts fear into the mind of his players that's why the players are not daring, and don't play freely and creating chances, always predictable and have lost credibility. Can't wait to get rid of LVG after next season.
That's it the players are not playing freely. They are not giving those risky passes, no flow of football. I missed SAF
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Lilprincey:

Cc dubylhover
Cc aikaydawrapper
Cc Largas

Ive always preferred Valencia to Damian...
schooles is so right with d criticisms...

I swr I don't enjoy watching manu again...

lvg is a useless coach,imagine him saying that he'd have subbed martial today...that man is just annoying
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
dubylhover:

Ive always preferred Valencia to Damian...
schooles is so right with d criticisms...

I swr I don't enjoy watching manu again...

lvg is a useless coach,imagine him saying that he'd have subbed martial today...that man is just annoying
There's no flow of football, they players are so rigid. So whats the solution?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2015
The game against West Ham was good although the result was dissapointing. It's obvious we're not winning any cups until we get an experienced attacker.
It's really sad that Rooney has failed to take the role of a leader and drive this team forward. A team with a 19 year old as the best attacker aren't going anywhere. Dunno if I should blame Van Gaal because there aren't many Top Class attackers available at the moment. I can only think of Griezmann and Aubameyang RN. Maybe Ibrahimovic might be a short term fix.
Also Deepay was electric when he came on. If he can produce those performances consistently then we have a world class winger in our hands. Wilson also scored a very good goal for Brighton yesterday.

Overall I'm very excited for the future of this squad. If at least two of Martial, Deepay, Januzaj, Perreira, or Wilson can reach their full potential in the next couple of seasons then we'll be in business. Lingard will be a useful rotational player. Shaw is an excellent full back already. We just need to get a good attacking RB and an experienced striker for now.

Cc: Largas
lilprincey
dubylhover
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 4:43am On Dec 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
The game against West Ham was good although the result was dissapointing. It's obvious we're not winning any cups until we get an experienced attacker.
It's really sad that Rooney has failed to take the role of a leader and drive this team forward. A team with a 19 year old as the best attacker aren't going anywhere. Dunno if I should blame Van Gaal because there aren't many Top Class attackers available at the moment. I can only think of Griezmann and Aubameyang RN. Maybe Ibrahimovic might be a short term fix.
Also Deepay was electric when he came on. If he can produce those performances consistently then we have a world class winger in our hands. Wilson also scored a very good goal for Brighton yesterday.

Overall I'm very excited for the future of this squad. If at least two of Martial, Deepay, Januzaj, Perreira, or Wilson can reach their full potential in the next couple of seasons then we'll be in business. Lingard will be a useful rotational player. Shaw is an excellent full back already. We just need to get a good attacking RB and an experienced striker for now.

Cc: Largas
lilprincey
dubylhover
LVG is ruining man.u with philosophy. Even the players are not motivated to score goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Wolfsburg Vs Manchester United: UCL (3 - 2) On 8th December 2015 / Manchester United Vs PSG :UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2020 / Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen : Europa League (1- 0) On 10th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.