Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (35925 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2015
dubylhover:

have yu guys forgotten that anytime we predict,its bad luck

Inasmuch as it's a must win for Arsenal, so it is to us. A win will proof that we're real contenders for the title.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2015
Brytawon:

It seems Herrera is not back from injury...
kai that's too bad oo..I hope schnerderlein isnt fatiqued oo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2015
dubylhover:

kai that's too bad oo..I hope schnerderlein isnt fatiqued oo

I'll prefer Schneiderlein to start and Herrera come in as a substitute. Koscielny is ruled out of the match due to injury and I see Asene Wenger having a problem picking who to partner Gabriel.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2015
INSIDE VAN GAAL’S SCHOOL OF MANCHESTER UNITED

The Dutchman is ruling Old Trafford with an iron fist, with players and staff alike subject to his authoritarian approach on the training ground and in the staff dining area.

You would be forgiven for thinking that forbidding people from leaving the dinner table until everyone has finished and insisting on having the final say on absolutely every detail within an organisation might be the work of a public school head-teacher. But that is also the formula with which Louis van Gaal has taken Manchester United to the top of the Premier League.

United may head to Arsenal on Sunday proudly sat at the summit, but Van Gaal has yet to win the friends and plaudits which would normally be considered commensurate with such a feat. Seven games in, United are leading the way in England, but the Dutchman’s own style of leadership is still causing a number of worries amongst players, fans and superiors alike.

Van Gaal’s side have a number of question marks hanging over them despite the run of form in September, which saw them charge past neighbours City to the top of the table. Three straight wins in the league have added to recent cup wins over Ipswich and Wolfsburg to cover up what really has been an unconvincing start to United’s season.

Their opening day win over Tottenham set the tone, with a first-half own goal giving them something to hold onto amid a Spurs barrage late on. Further victories over the likes of Aston Villa, Club Brugge, Liverpool, Southampton, Wolfsburg and even Sunderland have been gained despite similarly slow starts, with stealth rather than style being the order of the day.

The success of Van Gaal’s tactics so far have belied much of the feeling around the club. Yet at the same time the far more drilled approach of United’s football has been very much in keeping with the man at the helm.

Van Gaal admitted earlier this season that captain Wayne Rooney and his understudy Michael Carrick had approached him with concerns from the rest of the squad. While the particulars of their conversation were not divulged, some players are known to be occasionally left feeling uncomfortable by his sergeant major style on the training ground which can include him coming almost nose-to-nose with stars when delivering instruction. He is also a stickler for training routines, constantly repeating the same small number of drills rather than mixing up his schedules to keep things fresh.

The 64-year-old has made it known regularly throughout his United career that he will do things his own way, living or dying by the sword as a result. As recently as Wednesday, after watching his side come from behind to beat Wolfsburg, he was busy underlining his position of power when asked by journalists to explain Juan Mata’s promotion in the pecking-order for penalties.

“I take all the decisions, believe me. I am responsible. Of course, I communicate always with my players, but I make the decisions and everybody knows that except you,” he blasted, and it is not just the media that he has treated with such rigid values.

He also asks that all club staff dine together and do not leave until everyone is finished. It doesn’t matter what your role; as long as you are on site, you are expected to partake.

Treating multi-millionaire footballers like schoolchildren is one thing, but significant professional staff members being asked to follow suit is another.

It is the trait of a man who demands complete control. While his desire to have Desso GrassMaster pitches laid at thetraining ground to match the one used at Old Trafford is completely understandable, and other top-notch facilities have been requested on the playing side, his attempts to have a say in areas of the club that have nothing to do with the football department have left many frustrated.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward admitted over the summer that he sees himself as Van Gaal’s right-hand man rather than his boss, revealing that he told the Dutchman when he arrived at the club:
“Technically you report to me, but I work for you.”

That was borne out in the transfer market, where Woodward went about making all the changes Van Gaal asked of him. And whenever something came off, the Dutchman was quick to thank Woodward personally. It came across a little like somebody giving a youngster a pat on the head for good behaviour, and that vibe of superiority is unsettling many behind the scenes at Old Trafford.

His match-up with Arsene Wenger this weekend is a fascinating one and comes at a key time in his Manchester United reign. The Frenchman has earned the right to have a say in multiple areas of the club, with the Arsenal structure considered by many to be an example for the rest to follow. Van Gaal, on the other hand, has demanded rather than won the right. And all this at a club that leads the way in so many aspects off the field.

One thing is for sure: Van Gaal is not going to change. This is how he manages, and he refuses to consider doing it any other way. Conviction in his beliefs will be considered an admirable quality if he continues to lead United forward. A victory at the Emirates would give him further tangible evidence that his approach is completely justified. Yet win, lose or draw, the leader is not for turning.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2015
^^^^ I hope Guardiolla takes over from him in 2017?

Don't want that man beyond his contract expiry date-2017
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2015
Largas:
^^^^ I hope Guardiola takes over from him in 2017?

Don't want that man beyond his contract expiry date-2017

Sorry bro but I don't think Guardiola is his successor.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
Brytawon:

Sorry bro but I don't think Guardiola is his successor.

Oh well. Ryan giggs should take United higher than SF did
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
Largas:

Oh well. Ryan giggs should take United higher than SF did

You see, being a Legend in football doesn't mean you'll make a great coach. Ryan Giggs has always earned my respect but I don't think he's the right man for the job.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
Brytawon:

You see, being a Legend in football doesn't mean you'll make a great coach. Ryan Giggs has always earned my respect but I don't think he's the right man for the job.
Who do you suggest? Or who do you think will be appointed as van Gaal's successor?

And what matches did giggs coach. Wanna check them out on YouTube
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Largas:

Who do you suggest? Or who do you think will be appointed as van Gaal's successor?

And what matches did giggs coach. Wanna check them out on YouTube

Ryan Giggs is still a successor around Old Trafford but I don't just feel right around him for now.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
Are you guys happy with your predictions.

How many times will I say "don't fuckingg predict man u matches"

And Van Gaal is a huge arrogant prickk for starting schweinsteiger and Carrick together in this match. Did he expect to come to the Emirates and dominate arsenal.

Why would you start two slow midfielders who are over 30 in a match against Walcott, Sánchez, ozil, and Ramsey. There's no way the midfield won't get overrun.

Pathetic.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

And Van Gaal is a huge arrogant prickk for starting schweinsteiger and Carrick together in this match. Did he expect to come to the Emirates and dominate arsenal.

Why would you start two slow midfielders who are over 30 in a match against Walcott, Sánchez, ozil, and Ramsey. There's no way the midfield won't get overrun.

Pathetic.

#GGMU
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Pathetic.

I was shocked to see the line-up. Two old assses on midfield at Emirate stadium (away) against a team well known for very fast game.

The defenders were totally confused. We lost the midfield to Arsenal in the first half and they really pressed us, making every of their attempt look very scary, destructive and nearing goal.

I didn't see Carrick in the first half at all, mata was nowhere. Depay deserves to go on loan. United players were all packing yellow cards. Rooney, Tiger, Darmian, many of them.

De Gea's form is even worrisome. He concedes in every match except probably against Sunderland.

Also worrisome is our defence. We keep conceding early goals and have been lucky in the past as we come back to win. Today turned out unlucky.

Against PSV it was an early goal within 10 minutes. Against Southampton the same thing occurred. Against wolfsburg we conceded first in ten minutes. At Emirates it got worse. In ten minutes as well.

The defence just don't tackle players appropriately. Darmian didn't mack Sánchez and that opportune Sánchez to score his second goal of the match.

Blind is good at attacking but wash at defending and tackling players. Depay hasn't adapted to the premier league.

Every single one of our players played wack today. Martial could be spared for his beautiful displays and amazing driving of defenders.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Very embarrassing. Since last year LVG always find it difficult at being number one in the table for even two weeks.

Last year we were at 4th when arsenal were 11th. By the end of the season we were still 4th while arsenal finished above us at 3rd. Inconsistency just kills us. Wack defense, Wack/slow midfield!!!!!

Sánchez is a very good player however. I admire his performance today.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
Rodgers of Liverpool sacked! !!!! Next is Mourinho should Chelsea lose their next match.

LvG should be careful.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
lvg got his tactics wrong today,
don't ever start carrick nd teiger against a fastbteam again..
bench rooney and Memphis,and our problems are solved
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
LVG got it wrong with the selection and he payed for it. Drop rooney and memphis then chanqe blind from centre back..simple
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lilprincey:
LVG got it wrong with the selection and he payed for it. Drop rooney and memphis then chanqe blind from centre back..simple

Or sack LVG and bring in Brytawon. Simple!
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Brytawon:

Or sack LVG and bring in Brytawon. Simple!
Seconded
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lilprincey:
Seconded

You're tipping me for the job?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Brytawon:

You're tipping me for the job?
As long as u bench rooney and memphis. Then pair either rojo/jones with smalling. Move blind to left black and you don't pair schweini with carrick even if we are playing cambridqe. Then the job is urz!
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lilprincey:

As long as u bench rooney and memphis. Then pair either rojo/jones with smalling. Move blind to left black and you don't pair schweini with carrick even if we are playing cambridqe. Then the job is urz!

Can this week ever get any better?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Brytawon:

Can this week ever get any better?
International matches viz week
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lilprincey:
International matches viz week

Wah a wack week to endure!
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2015
Brytawon:

Wah a wack week to endure!
Man.utd will bôûnçé bàck
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lilprincey:

Man.utd will bôûnçé bàck

Dah has always bin de quote since the start of the season...
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2015
gringringrin
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Things learnt from d Everton game

Herrera shud always start.....our best midfield combo is obviously herrera schnerderlin Geiger

martial is a beast...that guy terrorizes defenders at ease...he's a potential balon d or winner

degea is currently d beat keeper in d world..that guy is just too good

overall,I feel its been our best perdormance of d season

cc lilprincey aikaydawrapper brytawon et
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
dubylhover:
Things learnt from d Everton game

Herrera shud always start.....our best midfield combo is obviously herrera schnerderlin Geiger

martial is a beast...that guy terrorizes defenders at ease...he's a potential balon d or winner

degea is currently d beat keeper in d world..that guy is just too good

overall,I feel its been our best perdormance of d season

cc lilprincey aikaydawrapper brytawon et
Our best performance in the van gaal era.

Everton is normally a tough place to play and we played them off the park.

Defence was solid, midfield dominated, attackers were sharp, fvck even Rooney had a good game.

And the tempo was fast. Possession with incision. Not just useless sideways passes.

Martial is a star. I'm just not happy we're pushing him to the wing just to accomodate Rooney. Anyway that might give Deepay the kick up the back side he needs. He needs to step up but I still believe in him. Martial showed him how to play that wing.

And seeing Lingard get game time made me happy. He might never turn out to be world class but he is going to be a very important squad player. We need to keep players who actually love the club around. Hopefully next time he plays on the left cos that's his best position.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Our best performance in the van gaal era.

Everton is normally a tough place to play and we played them off the park.

Defence was solid, midfield dominated, attackers were sharp, fvck even Rooney had a good game.

And the tempo was fast. Possession with incision. Not just useless sideways passes.

Martial is a star. I'm just not happy we're pushing him to the wing just to accomodate Rooney. Anyway that might give Deepay the kick up the back side he needs. He needs to step up but I still believe in him. Martial showed him how to play that wing.

And seeing Lingard get game time made me happy. He might never turn out to be world class but he is going to be a very important squad player. We need to keep players who actually love the club around. Hopefully next time he plays on the left cos that's his best position.

exactly....our passing was faster and more incisive..depay needs to step up big time oo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
COMPOSURE!
COMPOSURE!!
COMPOSURE!!!
Was all I saw in yesterday's game. I almost thought Martial's season has ended when Coleman made that tackle.

Martial plays an entertaining football for me. He has stamina, composure, he knows how to read the game and he's opposition who comes his way. That guy was worth more than that price tag. cool

Has anymore noticed the superlative form Smalling is on? That guy is a beast this season and he has shown consistency beyond expectations. He outmatched his standards yesterday. Lukaku became frustrated and whatever challenge he brought to Smalling, he always had the bitter part.

All drama that played out during De Gea's potential transfer was worth it. The guy is top notch. Those saves are always worth replaying and his biggest assets are those his legs. In De Gea we trust. grin

Herrera is worth mentioning. He always has fore-sight and always brings something to the table. That he's assist to Rooney was what my pastor calls "Lezuzu lezuzu". grin

I rest my case for now. grin
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by gameboy727(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
The match against Everton was our best game of the season so far. I am Impressed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs PSG :UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2020 / Derby County Vs Manchester United. FA CUP: (0 - 3) On 5th March 2020 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (5 - 0) On 23rd April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.