Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (35904 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

They gotta do it fast..ah wanna see otamendi and rojo pairing at the back asap

It seems he will not be moving to Old Trafford this season cos the scouting has been shifted to Jones Stones.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

yes we need a solid centre back ah think we don't need a striker for now..

Dont trust Rooney for 38 matches, this is not 2010. Even if we dont get a super striker , we need a super sub like Chicharito of dos days. Lukaku can offer dat.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Dont trust Rooney for 38 matches, this is not 2010. Even if we dont get a super striker , we need a super sub like Chicharito of dos days. Lukaku can offer dat.

Luka what? Being desperate doesn't mean every striker is a top finisher. I rather watch Serie A...
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Chicharito is a very good striker. He will get a handful of games dis season. Januzaj is qonna be use as a striker too dis season. We don't need Lukaku..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

It seems will not be moving to Old Trafford this season cos the scouting has been shifted to Jones Stones.
Stones is over-rated for christ sake. No difference between stones and jones..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

Stones is over-rated for christ sake. No difference between stones and jones..

LVG needs some lashing...
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

Luka what? Being desperate doesn't mean every striker is a top finisher. I rather watch Serie A...

Hahaha. Watch Seria B too. All i know is that Rooney cant be trusted for 38 matches again. Lets watch sha.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

Chicharito is a very good striker. He will get a handful of games dis season. Januzaj is qonna be use as a striker too dis season. We don't need Lukaku..

Chicharito's game depend on the team. If the team plays well den he will if not na marking he go de do.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Hahaha. Watch Seria B too. All i know is that Rooney cant be trusted for 38 matches again. Lets watch sha.

I agree with you on the side of Rooney but Lukaku is not an option.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

I agree with you on the side of Rooney but Lukaku is not an option.
lets watch sha.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

lets watch sha.

#GGMU
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

lets watch sha.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
conceded that uncertainty surrounding David De
Gea was "not favorable" as the Premier League
giants ended their US tour Wednesday with a 2-0
defeat to Paris Saint-Germain.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal conceded that uncertainty surrounding David De Gea was "not favorable" as the Premier League giants ended their US tour Wednesday with a 2-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain.
Ya i saw this on goal.com earlier. Dey shd just leave him abeg.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
I would be sad if De Gea leaves. But we shouldn't accept anything less than £35-40 million. The reported 15 million Madrid offered is not enough.

It would be better if he stays and goes on a free because he can help us win more than 15 million in prize money.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
I would be sad if De Gea leaves. But we shouldn't accept anything less than £35-40 million. The reported 15 million Madrid offered is not enough.

It would be better if he stays and goes on a free because he can help us win more than 15 million in prize money.
an unhappy goalkeeper would concede goals than stop shots.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:
an unhappy goalkeeper would concede goals than stop shots.
If he likes let him concede. The Euro Championship is next summer and if he plays nonsense this season he won't be first choice.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Chicharito's game depend on the team. If the team plays well den he will if not na marking he go de do.
Chicharito is a poacher qive him the pass and he'll score
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

Chicharito is a poacher qive him the pass and he'll score

Sometimes, the pass will never come and den u ve to create it urself. In that case, i dont think he can do such.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Jaypea98: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
Van Gaal As Tactical Genius? Really? 1. Almost none of Europe's top teams have a left-footed left-centre- back, barring Juventus who have Chiellini. Given that, is it still so important that he plays average centre-backs (Blind, Rojo, Evans), over a Jones-Smalling pairing? 2. Our centre-back pairing of Smalling and Jones, whilst not bad, is not exactly title-class. Given how many times De Gea bailed us out last season and how close he is to leaving, I simply cannot understand why he would not think that centre- back is a priority. 3. This is a guy who was quoted as saying that Darmian is second choice to Valencia. 4. Even last night, Luke Shaw marked Zlatan Ibrahimovic at a corner while Phil Jones was running in freely like he was in a PSG shirt - Are you f**king kidding me? Worse is the fact that Rafael is not preferred since he does not have height and the most common example is that he missed marking Drogba at a corner. How is this absurdity accepted by anyone? A full-back is not necessarily tall and is most certainly not expected to be marking the target men of the opposition. 5. Depay, with all his pace and acceleration, plays #10 and Mata plays on the right flank. 6. Which genius plays two deep lying midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation, particularly against a 4-3-3? 7. We are going with Rooney as our main (and sole established) striker because - hear this carefully - he told Van Gaal that he will score 25 goals this season. What did he expect him to say - "Uh Boss. I dont think I'll score over 15 goals this time. Please sign a better striker"?? Rooney is prone to the occasional dry spell - Who will get the goals then? 8. Which bungling idiot maintains a negative tone in public over transfers for whom you are trying to drive the price up? Every single I don't know if De Gea wants to stay and I don't know where Di Maria is quote increases the power for the other party in the negotiation. This is the guy who designated Phil Jones to take corners, asked Rooney to play [defensive] midfield, played Valencia ahead of Rafael, thought De Gea was not all that good, took off Di Maria in THAT Leicester game, played the dreadful 352, got pi**ed with Valdes for not playing in the reserves, got pi**ed with Van Persie because he wanted to play in the reserves and perhaps even 'sucked the joy' of playing for Di Maria (and much much more.) To his credit though, he did kick out Cleverley and Welbeck. So, perhaps, we can call that evens. F**k it (Still infinitely better than David Moyes) MUFC Blind At CB? So let me get this straight. We're going to start the season with Daley Blind in central defence and Di Maria will be playing for PSG? All those Ed Woodward memes seem a bit premature now.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Jaypea98: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
Van Gaal As Tactical Genius? Really? 1. Almost none of Europe's top teams have a left-footed left-centre- back, barring Juventus who have Chiellini. Given that, is it still so important that he plays average centre-backs (Blind, Rojo, Evans), over a Jones-Smalling pairing? 2. Our centre-back pairing of Smalling and Jones, whilst not bad, is not exactly title-class. Given how many times De Gea bailed us out last season and how close he is to leaving, I simply cannot understand why he would not think that centre- back is a priority. 3. This is a guy who was quoted as saying that Darmian is second choice to Valencia. 4. Even last night, Luke Shaw marked Zlatan Ibrahimovic at a corner while Phil Jones was running in freely like he was in a PSG shirt - Are you f**king kidding me? Worse is the fact that Rafael is not preferred since he does not have height and the most common example is that he missed marking Drogba at a corner. How is this absurdity accepted by anyone? A full-back is not necessarily tall and is most certainly not expected to be marking the target men of the opposition. 5. Depay, with all his pace and acceleration, plays #10 and Mata plays on the right flank. 6. Which genius plays two deep lying midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation, particularly against a 4-3-3? 7. We are going with Rooney as our main (and sole established) striker because - hear this carefully - he told Van Gaal that he will score 25 goals this season. What did he expect him to say - "Uh Boss. I dont think I'll score over 15 goals this time. Please sign a better striker"?? Rooney is prone to the occasional dry spell - Who will get the goals then? 8. Which bungling idiot maintains a negative tone in public over transfers for whom you are trying to drive the price up? Every single I don't know if De Gea wants to stay and I don't know where Di Maria is quote increases the power for the other party in the negotiation. This is the guy who designated Phil Jones to take corners, asked Rooney to play [defensive] midfield, played Valencia ahead of Rafael, thought De Gea was not all that good, took off Di Maria in THAT Leicester game, played the dreadful 352, got pi**ed with Valdes for not playing in the reserves, got pi**ed with Van Persie because he wanted to play in the reserves and perhaps even 'sucked the joy' of playing for Di Maria (and much much more.) To his credit though, he did kick out Cleverley and Welbeck. So, perhaps, we can call that evens. F**k it (Still infinitely better than David Moyes) MUFC Blind At CB? So let me get this straight. We're going to start the season with Daley Blind in central defence and Di Maria will be playing for PSG? All those Ed Woodward memes seem a bit premature now.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Jaypea98: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Jaypea98:
Van Gaal As Tactical Genius? Really?
1. Almost none of Europe's top
teams have a left-footed left-centre-
back, barring Juventus who have
Chiellini. Given that, is it still so
important that he plays average
centre-backs (Blind, Rojo, Evans),
over a Jones-Smalling pairing?
2. Our centre-back pairing of
Smalling and Jones, whilst not bad,
is not exactly title-class. Given how
many times De Gea bailed us out last
season and how close he is to
leaving, I simply cannot understand
why he would not think that centre-
back is a priority.
3. This is a guy who was quoted as
saying that Darmian is second choice
to Valencia.
4. Even last night, Luke Shaw
marked Zlatan Ibrahimovic at a
corner while Phil Jones was running
in freely like he was in a PSG shirt -
Are you f**king kidding me? Worse is
the fact that Rafael is not preferred
since he does not have height and
the most common example is that he
missed marking Drogba at a corner.
How is this absurdity accepted by
anyone? A full-back is not
necessarily tall and is most certainly
not expected to be marking the
target men of the opposition.
5. Depay, with all his pace and
acceleration, plays #10 and Mata
plays on the right flank.
6. Which genius plays two deep lying
midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation,
particularly against a 4-3-3?
7. We are going with Rooney as our
main (and sole established) striker
because - hear this carefully - he told
Van Gaal that he will score 25 goals
this season. What did he expect him
to say - "Uh Boss. I dont think I'll
score over 15 goals this time. Please
sign a better striker"?? Rooney is
prone to the occasional dry spell -
Who will get the goals then?
8. Which bungling idiot maintains a
negative tone in public over transfers
for whom you are trying to drive the
price up? Every single I don't know if
De Gea wants to stay and I don't
know where Di Maria is quote
increases the power for the other
party in the negotiation.
This is the guy who designated Phil
Jones to take corners, asked Rooney
to play [defensive] midfield, played
Valencia ahead of Rafael, thought De
Gea was not all that good, took off
Di Maria in THAT Leicester game,
played the dreadful 352, got pi**ed
with Valdes for not playing in the
reserves, got pi**ed with Van Persie
because he wanted to play in the
reserves and perhaps even 'sucked
the joy' of playing for Di Maria (and
much much more.)
To his credit though, he did kick out
Cleverley and Welbeck. So, perhaps,
we can call that evens.
F**k it (Still infinitely better than
David Moyes) MUFC
Blind At CB?
So let me get this straight. We're
going to start the season with Daley
Blind in central defence and Di Maria
will be playing for PSG?
All those Ed Woodward memes seem
a bit premature now.

bro i dont totally agree with you,but dr are somv points you brought out that im in support with...playing depay not as a winger is a big big problem
its obvious we cant play 2 carrick and schweini in d same match against a tough and fast opposition,they wud just run us down
from yesterdays game i hope its now obvious how lvg thinks of ander herrera
im sure that comment abt damian being a backup was to spur him,cos so far,d guy has impressed and lvg has singled him out as our best player during d prv season....but im assuring manu fans that if we use rooney alone as our striker,no epl for us
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
VAN GAAL CONFIRMS PREFERRED FORMATION

Louis van Gaal has confirmed he intends to use a 4-3-3 formation with Manchester United in the new Barclays Premier League season.

The Reds appeared to operate with a system resembling 4-2-3-1 on Tour 2015 presented by AON as Memphis Depay performed in a no.10 role behind centre-forward Wayne Rooney with Ashley Young and Juan Mata on the flanks. However, it would seem from the manager's latest comments that he sees the position occupied in pre-season by his fellow Dutchman as being part of the midfield three.

"That the midfielder is [sometimes] in front of the striker is not bad because I think you do need variation in your attack," said van Gaal, in a press conference following the final tour match against PSG.

"I like that and I ask for that, especially from Memphis. It can also be Carrick or Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin once in a while but mostly Memphis. It depends on our opponents."

When asked which formation he will deploy in the Barclays Premier League, van Gaal replied: "More or less 4-3-3. We played that already last season, in the second half of the season, and I have said that is the system I want to use. We played in our shape [on tour] and played how we have to play. That's also where I have been very satisfied.”

From a tactical perspective, the key is probably the attacking central midfield position where Memphis, Adnan Januzaj and Andreas Pereira were stationed at various times in the United States. There could also be an opportunity for Juan Mata or Ander Herrera to prove their suitability to play alongside more defensive-minded colleagues such as Michael Carrick, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin.

Memphis, who is also a candidate for the wider roles in the front three, has been entrusted with the job in each of the four starting line-ups in the US and could be considered the favourite to start there against Tottenham.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

If he likes let him concede. The Euro Championship is next summer and if he plays nonsense this season he won't be first choice.
Haha good news.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Jaypea98:
Van Gaal As Tactical Genius? Really?
1. Almost none of Europe's top
teams have a left-footed left-centre-
back, barring Juventus who have
Chiellini. Given that, is it still so
important that he plays average
centre-backs (Blind, Rojo, Evans),
over a Jones-Smalling pairing?
2. Our centre-back pairing of
Smalling and Jones, whilst not bad,
is not exactly title-class. Given how
many times De Gea bailed us out last
season and how close he is to
leaving, I simply cannot understand
why he would not think that centre-
back is a priority.
3. This is a guy who was quoted as
saying that Darmian is second choice
to Valencia.
4. Even last night, Luke Shaw
marked Zlatan Ibrahimovic at a
corner while Phil Jones was running
in freely like he was in a PSG shirt -
Are you f**king kidding me? Worse is
the fact that Rafael is not preferred
since he does not have height and
the most common example is that he
missed marking Drogba at a corner.
How is this absurdity accepted by
anyone? A full-back is not
necessarily tall and is most certainly
not expected to be marking the
target men of the opposition.
5. Depay, with all his pace and
acceleration, plays #10 and Mata
plays on the right flank.
6. Which genius plays two deep lying
midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation,
particularly against a 4-3-3?
7. We are going with Rooney as our
main (and sole established) striker
because - hear this carefully - he told
Van Gaal that he will score 25 goals
this season. What did he expect him
to say - "Uh Boss. I dont think I'll
score over 15 goals this time. Please
sign a better striker"?? Rooney is
prone to the occasional dry spell -
Who will get the goals then?
8. Which bungling idiot maintains a
negative tone in public over transfers
for whom you are trying to drive the
price up? Every single I don't know if
De Gea wants to stay and I don't
know where Di Maria is quote
increases the power for the other
party in the negotiation.
This is the guy who designated Phil
Jones to take corners, asked Rooney
to play [defensive] midfield, played
Valencia ahead of Rafael, thought De
Gea was not all that good, took off
Di Maria in THAT Leicester game,
played the dreadful 352, got pi**ed
with Valdes for not playing in the
reserves, got pi**ed with Van Persie
because he wanted to play in the
reserves and perhaps even 'sucked
the joy' of playing for Di Maria (and
much much more.)
To his credit though, he did kick out
Cleverley and Welbeck. So, perhaps,
we can call that evens.
F**k it (Still infinitely better than
David Moyes) MUFC
Blind At CB?
So let me get this straight. We're
going to start the season with Daley
Blind in central defence and Di Maria
will be playing for PSG?
All those Ed Woodward memes seem
a bit premature now.
I can't start arguing all your points but let me say this.
1. LVG never said he's not looking for a new center back. The problem is how many world class center halves in their prime are available. The only one I can think of right now is Otamendi (who is a very good defender but not world class) feel free to add any one you can think of. The problem with Otamendi now is the fee. because we have the money doesn't mean we should spend it uselessly.

2. We are playing 4231 and not 442. The only problem is that Schweini and Carrick can't play together since they are both slow and less dynamic. The formation will work and has worked when we used either Herera or Schneiderlin alongside one of them.

3. Mata playing on the wing is totally understandable. Mata is a playmaker and nowadays Central attacking playmakers are getting marked out of games because of the presence of defensive midfielders. Mata playing on the wing means now he has more space and time on the ball to pick out a deadly pass. You can't fault LVG because I feel Mata plays too safe at times and needs to start taking some more risks with his passing. Deepay is also playing a good role because now defenders won't know whether to mark him or not since he's not the main striker.

4. yes Rooney is past it but there's no need spending money on a striker if we're not getting an upgrade. The only upgrade I can think of right now is Lacazette and he recently stated he's not leaving Marseile. Benzema might be available but let's see what happens.

5. Luke Shaw is equal height with Phil Jones. Go and check it.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Sometimes, the pass will never come and den u ve to create it urself. In that case, i dont think he can do such.

He's a poacher, they don't have to create the pass. They bring the qoals
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Manchester United are facing a dilemma over
what to do with goalkeeper David de Gea, 24,
just a week before the start of the new season
after their hopes of signing Sergio Ramos were
ended.

Barcelona will allow Spain striker Pedro, 28, to
join Manchester United, but only after their Uefa
Super Cup against Sevilla on August 11.

Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria, 27,
will join Paris St-Germain in the next 48 hours for
£44m. United have also fined the Argentine two
weeks' wages worth £360,000 for failing to
attend their US tour. Di Maria's exit will pave the
way for United to sign Pedro for £22m.

United will offer Northern Ireland defender Jonny
Evans, 27, plus cash in their attempts to sign
Stones.

England winger Ashley Young could leave
Manchester United if they do not extend his
contract, with Tottenham, Liverpool and
Newcastle all interested in the 30-year-old.

'Missing' posters have been placed around
Manchester after Louis van Gaal admitted that
he didn't know where Angel Di Maria was.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2015
Man.utd launch new adidas home kits for the 2015 season. The deal with Nike ended on 31st july.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
new kits are beautiful. Best Man utd kits I've seen in a few years
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rafael leaves man.utd for olympique lyon. We all wish him success in his new adventure..#GGMU
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Manchester united winger Angel di maria joins paris st Germain after undergoing a medical in Doha..#Goodluck angel
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2015
What to expect from man.utd and LVG

Last season Van Gaal was given something of a
free pass, but that was always likely to be the
case after the club’s tumultuous term under
David Moyes in 2013-14. The Scot’s speedy
demise educated fans in the need for
patience in the post-Sir Alex era, but the
Dutchman cannot count on unwavering
support forever, particularly against the
backdrop of a busy summer in the transfer
market.
Whereas much of the £150 million of summer
spending in 2014 happened over Van Gaal’s
head, the £100m-plus remodelling of the
first-team squad this time around has the 63-
year-old’s fingerprints all over it.

Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger,
Morgan Schneiderlin, Matteo Darmian and
Sergio Romero have all been signed. If United
don’t have a proper tilt at title glory this time
around, serious questions will be asked.
There should be a more familiar feel about
their calendar this term, with the prospect of
European football bringing regular midweek
dates back to Old Trafford. Yet that brings with
it further pressures for Van Gaal as he
attempts to get his troops firing with greater
consistency and frequency than in his debut
season.
The manager himself pointed to the poor
start to his tenure as the main reason for
their failure to challenge. After 10 games,
United had recorded just three wins and sat in
ninth place. They had shipped five goals to
Leicester, lost a local derby against
Manchester City and been humiliated in
Milton Keynes on their way out of the League
Cup at the first hurdle.
Even as their form improved, Van Gaal
seemed unsure as to his best formation and
ideal starting XI, and his varying use of Wayne
Rooney across the forward and midfield lines
also spoke of uncertainty. Greater conviction
will be necessary if United are to become
contenders again.
A faster start is imperative this term, but they
don’t seem all together prepared for such an
eventuality right now. Whereas in previous
summers their last-minute transfer business
has generally centred around a potential big-
money purchase to boost the spirits, it is the
significant exits of record signing Angel Di
Maria and two-time Player of the Year David
De Gea which are overshadowing the
beginning of this season.
Should they lose their No.1, another
goalkeeping addition beyond Sergio Romero
will doubtless be sought, but Van Gaal has at
least identified and addressed weaknesses
elsewhere.
He spoke of his concerns for Luke Shaw’s
fitness early last term and the England left-
back has been significantly motivated to
display his ideal fighting weight and peak form
in pre-season, while transfer activity has seen
him find resolutions to United’s issues at
right-back and in central midfield in the shape
of Darmian, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.
Van Gaal hasn’t quite been able to complete
the set though. “We need a balance in the
selection and I think we still need to improve
at least two positions and we shall do that
when it is possible,” he said in mid-July. But
since then they have added only Romero and
lost Di Maria. De Gea’s potential exit leaves
them shorter still.
Late moves in the market before September
2 could plug the holes, but this is now, to all
intents and purposes, a United squad of Van
Gaal’s design. The new arrivals have been
hand-picked by the Dutchman, while those to
depart he has either turfed out by choice or
waved away at the first sign of disaffection.
And that’s the way he needs it to be.
Having promised his wife he’ll retire when his
three-year contract runs out in 2017, time for
him to leave a lasting impression is running
short. Success this season, and he will forever
remain the man who pointed United towards
the future in the post-Ferguson era. Failure,
and Truus might get her man to herself 12
months earlier than planned.

Van Gaal’s judgement day is upon us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Wolfsburg Vs Manchester United: UCL (3 - 2) On 8th December 2015 / Manchester United Vs PSG :UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2020 / Derby County Vs Manchester United. FA CUP: (0 - 3) On 5th March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.