Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! (40552 Views)

N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nellybii: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
This is definitely a lie.
Fiction. Just to draw traffic to Nairaland. There is no sane person that will post this on line if it is true. It is not possible.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by blazetitov: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
orogodoganyin:
if u no get mb, go thief am. thn go online nd download all d related pdf files available.
abt d otha trouble u put urslf, i used to do this whn i was a kid nd it used to work.
dig a small hole, cut 2 of ur eye lashes, place them in the hole, cover it up nd piss on it. the coy's representative will 4get woh they've seen as long as u re-edit ur post to remove it

OMG!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

I just remembered this silly act.

Ibile United toh badt!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
And when employers say Nigerian Graduates are unemployable...Y'all scream blue murder. Now ask yourself young man if you will employ somebody who lies, is not trustworthy and will not be competent? That there is no job is now an excuse for cheating. Carry on. Soon you too will become a Senator, Governor or even president. Carry on your good works!

Imagine people even telling him he doesn't know how to lie. Honesty is dead in this country.

In any case young man, since you say there is no job, then start searching the right places for where you can learn how to make money and stop altering your CV data for jobs you aren't qualified for. Develop an actual skill and start using it to make money for yourself from that your PC. Only professionals are needed nowadays and if you rely on your Bsc. or like someone advised learning professional duties on Youtube, you will be like the gateman when you join and in no time, you'll n\ be back in the streets again while the skilled gateman keeps his job..lol!

Visit my Nairaland free training tutorial class here to start earning income on fiverr today. Don't you want to unsit the employer??
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by eluquenson(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
you can learn those three softwares within 5days if you so desire, don't be afraid and enroll yourself into a good computer school and engage a private tutor on those three accounting packages.
Nothing to be scared about if truly you studied accountancy.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by 9jatatafo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
OP edit your post and look for someone to put you through. Life is all about risk.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by doncholino(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Now this is way I think.... A friend of yours got this job. he confided in you his fears. but then u envy him. you posted this to implicate him.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by adanny01(m): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
The worst that can happen is you get fired on your 1st day. Dont let that stop you from taking the job or regreting you didnt resume.

If i were you, i would be reading and practicing all i can instead of wasting valuable time on Nairaland. I have stated a software in my CV that i actually never used. But i believe i can do it in a week. You have a week to update yourself, get someone with experiece to put you through. Dont be shy about asking for help.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.
How woud I do it. Its an Accountant position.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
So please someone should just please help me in the house.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

Pls, this is a big challenge for me.
What should I do?

Go n learn, u have one week.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ayokunlei(m): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:
I think u r in trouble already for stating the company's name shocked

but I didnt see where He mentioned d company's name o
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
tosag:
Guy remove the company name na, abeg
sori bro mod has even remvd it.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by famzynet: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
2pointsonly:
why mention the company's name?
I can't see where he mentioned the company's name.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by jobsat34(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

What should I do?

yu can give it a trial..
since yu studied accountin, it will help yu a little..
anoda tin is that since they re using ERP, they wont expect yu to become guru overnight.. they will ve to put yu tru sm training process with there ERP coordinator..
reconciliation is not a big deal.. just understand what d coy is into.. there vendor n customers..
moreso, i dont expect dem to bombard yu wit all d stuffs immediately..
so just take ur time, try n make friends wit ur team member.. smone is doing those things before ur comin, so dont be afraid to ask question... tell d person to teach yu in layman language... ur knowledge of excel will comes in handy..
from what i can observe in d JD, i dont think d post is that of an accontant but of account officer.. d pressure will be less..
give it a trial and tank me later...
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Heffalump(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
Chosen1984:

Abeg oooo i hv read this over and over again and didn't see any Company Name. Abeg those of Una we see am, abeg Highlight am!

The chap has gone to edit that version.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Ameboperoo(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
abbey621:
There's nothing wrong in altering your CV, I do it all the time and have helped people do the same. What is wrong however is filling your CV with skills and specialization in which you know nothing about. Computational positions such as Accounting, Engineering and so on requires specialized training, depending on the company you could be dealing with over 1,000 accounts. At this point the best thing you can do is to remain confident, almost all companies conduct specialized training to make sure new associates are comfortable with the companies way of doing things, brush up on your accounting and just hope for the best!
Very true
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by lawalbo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
never to worry. no matter how good or intelligent you are there is always a Job orientation for new employees where you would be told how to go about ur duties.thats if you can do all those calculating stuff like you said but only need direction.so just be attentive and try n grasp all you would told during the orientation and socialization.but what you did was really bad.-HR advice

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by king406(m): 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
U sabi think sha.. just withdraw from the job to save yourself from utter embarassment
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Hollaniyii(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
I was once in your shoe, u need to be very smart. The software will assist u alot but just get basic knowledge and work on ur double entry principle. You shld also learn basic reconciliations
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Polithiefcian(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
When u tell a lie 2 move into a house, u have 2 keep on lieing 2 remain in dat house.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by GBAGAAUN(m): 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
You have train and experience ur self as storekeeper but big eye is not gree u to wait for ur own time. So u quickly come and apply for account job and God come punish u they gave u the employment. Oya na, begin working as it's only u that is jobless undecided oloshi!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ELVG: 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
...its well my brother, I can understand...this fri......17th & mon. 20th is public holiday...so if u are willing & obedient... I can coach you within these 2 days including relevant accounting software...you can holla at me on: 08186431670., at least this can get you started to resume with some level of confidence....& we take it up from there...
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2015

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by tellwisdom: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Buy me beer and i will teach u. In few minutes, u go sabi am. reach me if u re ready sad

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Bolosiye: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?
gbese re!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Baboo13(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
Odikwa die.....
This what seeking for candidates with 2.1 , below 24 and 5 years working exp usually caused. SMH for some COYs

Lol true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / My Job Interview Experience Today / Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.