Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! (40529 Views)

N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Originalsly: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Report on Tuesday....when they find out you are a liar.....just tell them it's not your fault oo.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Princephelar(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
No point in crucifying u again... cry undecided

Listen to my audio skit... See link in my signature. Grasias. Thanks for d support.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by adeolu45: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
dere no big deal i can be of help. dis my mail adeolu45@yahoo.com
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by delors(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Guy, relax. It's not like u gonna be doing some complex accounting isss...abi na N500k/mo be ur salary? So na basic things wey any serious minded accounting grad suppose fit do. Good luck bro.

E easy to get job?
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by DECOtech(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:

Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Why did you lie if you didn't want the job?
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
iamkingzlee:
lmao! No be small thing... His own have done!
grin
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by sobastical: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
grin tongue tongue tongue grin Hehiehe!!! UNA WAN KILL ME...see post within 1hr.
Meen!!! I think I av achieve my aim of grabbing ur attentions dis afternoon...
All the story NA beans grin tongue tongue tongue grin
I think I shu be giving an award for attention callings!!!
Attention...Grabbed!!! See yah later for more farbuu...grin tongue tongue tongue grin

Your life get as he be oo. that's my point
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ups01:

THRASH

Swerve

Dont have time to argue with unambitious/ undriven walking deads like you
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ZYZZA: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sveen:
Op, won't you let us know your full name, so that the helping hands would be more effective.
my mind tells me you know or are the boss or a spy for the company
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by sule5727: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.
How woud I do it. Its an Accountant position.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
So please someone should just please help me in the house.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

Pls, this is a big challenge for me.
What should I do?
that company self no sabi! They could have tested u give u some kind of aptitude text before giving u the job!!! Guy if u no, u dnt have any experience on dat job u better backup pls before u ll end up with shame!!!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by sule5727: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

What should I do?
as a matter of fact I dnt think u study accounting
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Osamuyimencom(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
OGA TITUS. OYO FOR U.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nafizzey(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
ebony2012:
@Op, first remove the name of the company. You shouldn't have included it in the first place.
Hi Bro.please why do you think he shouldn't have put the company's name in the first place? kindly let me know for future sake .tnx
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by fritiyo: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

op, ur prblm may not be that big as u presumed. this s cos u already know d roles of accounting which will be an advantage to u.
Ur job description required u to prepare one of the simplest act in the whole of financial accounting. so there is no need to panic on how u are going to start.
The ledger requires u to post expense to d Dr side n income to the Cr side.
The cash book is vry simple for u to prepare or keep record daily pertaining to d org. snce is a big org, it is clear that u will most likely b dealing with three column cash book which has cash column bank column n discount in either side as discount allowed or received. then bal both side n take the bal carried down to the trail balance cash the cash dual function as a ledger n subsidary books.
bank reconciliation is also smple, identify the items in the bank statement that are not in the cash book by preparing and adjustment cash book. i suppose u know why the bank statement as cash will not balance due to some reason which know better as well.
excel n quick book is very simple to operate. so all the best
bro.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by kelvyn7: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol, U want to even lie, U no lie small grin
see plenty tins wey u lie say u San I do grin
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ThimmyWood(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Whatever you get by lie, you will need lie to sustain it. But for how long? One day the truth will catch up with the lie. Do the needful bro.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by emmykk(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Dear op,they are going to teach you.there is no job you will start without intership or trainning .

Just be calm the journey will be easy
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by okotope: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
This is an era of Change. Your sins will find you out. if you were smart, from day 1, you should have practiced what you learnt in school. old boy, look for another job
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
You are seriously in trouble, bcus i was part of the 2nd team who interviewed you, i will give you some task and if you performed below expectation i will make sure you are arrested.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Finally the modds helped this dumb OP delete all posts mentioning the company's name j..... but i have to say it's too late because someone already related this sordid tale to the HRM. so this is a lesson to all you other job seekers!!! don't ever use social media if you don't have the mental dexterity to differentiate what shouldn't be posted online. @OP you my dear guffed real bad
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by fromnigeria(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why are scared if you studied accounting? Or school didn't go through you
JUST BELIEVE
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by justjify(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

This is how you denied some legit guy from getting that job... Oya go pray for forgiveness. Then consult youtube for tutorials... Shikena!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Tanyogo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
When you get a good job that you are knowledgeable of, YOU ARE COMPLETE, but when you lie to get a good and challenging job that you know nothing about then YOU ARE COMPLETELY FINISHED. Guy, I wish but can't help you because I studied ANIMAL SCIENCE.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by SIRJENTLE: 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
since the told u to start work next week just look out for someone with experience to Payu u through. NOTHING MEGA. NA NIJA WE DEY. NA U SAY MEK WORK NO DEY? IF U NO WORK HOW U GO TEK GET ES PIRIENS
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by SIRJENTLE: 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
since the told u to start work next week just look out for someone with experience to Payu u through. NOTHING MEGA. NA NIJA WE DEY. NA U SAY MEK WORK NO DEY? IF U NO WORK HOW U GO TEK GET ES PIRIENS
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by tendernexx(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Guy, no mind all dis ppo. Since u r smart enuf to pass all d tests and interview, u will b smart enuf to take on the job.

Afterall, they dont expect that u hit the ground running.

But i no envy u sha, lie lie is the order of the day.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by clerkkent: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
My advise

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Lawsimon(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:
I think u r in trouble already for stating the company's name shocked
Did you read a different version of the post? I can find where he mentioned the company's name. As for the Op, i would advise you to look for state-of-art accountant who has experience in the 21st century accounting methods, procedures and tools. If you are a fast learner, you can definitely catch up.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by bidex(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?
Well, just play along with all that happens. You did not lie, you only play smart. No one expect. A fresh graduate to have experience. Which is why there is so many unemployed graduate out there. But next time, don't lie. Don't. You know d accounting you studied un school? Don't. Panic. Put into practice. What U learn and play smart then be willing to ask questions and learn from anyone
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
Most companies reference your past employers, probably before confirmation.

So, I will advise uou to save your first 4 months salary. If you are caught, use the money to start selling recharge cards
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by bigfrancis21: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

You would need to catch up on accounting practices, especially those regarding the company's. You cannot throw away this job opportunity, given the tough Nigerian job market. You also don't want to get there next Tuesday and mess yourself up. You want to do all that you can to keep your job.

Can you get in touch with someone in the company to have an idea of their accounting practices? Or get in touch with an accountant in the company and ask questions like, 'I have experience with abc, def and xyz accounting software (maybe, maybe not) and was just wondering what kind of software the company uses?'. Whatever response on the software you get, you download that software and start playing around with it immediately.

You need to get ready before Tuesday. You can do it. Basically, once you know the particular accounting software or method the company uses, equip yourself with the basic know-how of the software/accounting method. You would still undergo training by the company anyway. I wouldn't stress over it that much.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by judges: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
When you get to office don't be too forward ie show yourself. Just be looking at them. Their must somebody who is performing that duty before, this where you will now bring your own idea. I studied engineering at the same time prepare my account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

What Is The Best Certification For Someone Who Needs An IT Job? / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / My Job Interview Experience Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.