Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! (40563 Views)

N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Habisoye: 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
grin tongue tongue tongue grin
Hehiehe!!!
UNA WAN KILL ME...see post within 1hr.

Meen!!! I think I av achieve my aim of grabbing ur attentions dis afternoon...

All the story NA beans grin tongue tongue tongue grin

I think I shu be giving an award for attention callings!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!
See yah later for more farbuu...grin tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.
How woud I do it. Its an Accountant position.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
So please someone should just please help me in the house.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

Pls, this is a big challenge for me.
What should I do?
dnt do to know, every company has it process. u dnt av to be a magician. u dnt av a table yet so u will stand at ur oga bak. he will assume u know nothing. relax ur mind prepare ur basic office etiquette u knw. act on instruction and most importantly to try to knw all in one day. if u ar nt d right person for d job u wnt get to d point
goodluck
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Ephemmm: 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,
I just got an employment letter of the job in which it was an experienced position but I lied on my CV that I had d experience.
We've started the interview processes since last 2 months before I went for the final interview last week and I was called on Friday to come for the letter.

Please my fellow nairaland, help me, it's not my fault oo, but since there's no job in town, I had to alter my cv from the Store/inventory experience I had to Accountant experience. Now I was told to resume on Tuesday next week.

And I was told I will be preparing Accounts by entering ledgers, cashbook and bank reconciliation stmt all in their software, both Excel and on Peachtree and even with quickbook.

Although I studied Accounting oo but I have Never worked as an Accountant before.
Wether to still go for it as I will be tested on Tuesday morning by the Finance Manager of the company, or to step back or to find someone that could teach me here in the house who is already working as an Accountant?

Plz advice accordingly, and if u can put me through within the short period, just lets communicate.

What should I do?

Instead of going online or make face to face contact with experienced accountant to look for functions of an accountant in an organization and probably see your deficiencies so that you can start preparing yourself in such aspect, you are here seeking for advice that is not available.

Lying is allowed in interviewed, but only if you can prove yourself beyond reasonable doubt. I have done it and it has perfectly working for me. All you need is a deeper personal reading and self confidence.

Goodluck.

Do your home aa
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by orgy: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lets face fact....assuming u went for the interview....
....You studied accountancy..... You lied.... that's bad, but you were interviewed with other probably experienced applicants and you scaled through. Oga/Maaa, I don't believe during the interview that you were asked only to define d color of your fathers head.
What I am trying to say is that you are smart and company needs smart guys. It is not all about what you have now, but what you can offer later. You need a little effort, as many suggested here, to finish this off. For these remaining days, research, download, get your ass off this forum and meet/contacted the experienced ones you know to brush u up with the basics and rules of thumbs. The coy will train you and you can also perfect on the job.
Do not lose focus.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Youngzedd(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
This kinda of accountant Hmmm.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by poiZon: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?
go n start n learn on d job.
Even buhari dey learn on d job.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by samonom(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
Be confident, you are accountant as long as u are accounting graduate, 60% of the job will be done using excel, if u are good in it. Just enroll in s training centre. No matter your experience you most learn d company, mode of operations. Just ignore those negative things some people are posting. Look for experience person to give some training, go to any ican tutor centre , you meet exp guys. Good luck, waiting for d goodnews later
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by orogodoganyin(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
blazetitov:

OMG!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
I just remembered this silly act.
Ibile United toh badt!
lol... so we plenty 4 here
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by neocortex: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!

Nairaland rule need to be updated to address lying on forum crime.
You must be a pathological liar and
You deserve a full year ban.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Jeromejnr(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!

SMH undecided
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by InvertedHammer: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
/
You already have the background.

So use Google and youtube to practice like crazy before Tuesday. You should be fine if you are intelligent.

\
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol..dts how d smart ones get jobs oo. Just learn the basics and relax Jor....
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by xtervaganza(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Been there before. I got that 'experience' on the job. You just have to be smart, be friendly and find a quick ally in the office who you can ask quick questions
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mystiqme:
Since you have put the company's name and the position you interviewed for, could you please include your full name so it would be easier to identify you?
Thanks
grin grin
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by JonCina(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!

It is people like you that make others withhold help from those who REALLY need help.
See all the heartfelt contributions people had to come up with and i guess, the moderator had to remove the name of the Company to show how your back is being watched.

You see your life?
Bros, you no try at all.

To others who are already in this practice, please for the sake of the innocent ones whose very existence might depend on an advice from a similar case, desist from it because even though you don't get a ban or caught, you would have cost someone a means of livelihood or even life itself!

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:
I think u r in trouble already for stating the company's name shocked
didn't see any company name...have you been smoking weed again ?
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by akanbiaa(m): 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
mkoabiola:

Pls,tell me more abt ds coy
I can volunteer to work for free if d office is nt far frm my house,I studied accounting.
where are you based let me see if I can send you some accounting jobs for starters.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Look dude, everyone lies in their CV, you haven't done anything unprecedented...oya quick go hire real accountant to give you some pointers..
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by galantjoe(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
i can help u to master the peachtree. i have proficiency in peachtree and teach people. just call 07067294966
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by AVISENNA: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
You studied accounting and know nothing about it. Obvious you were not a focused student.
Soon or later you lapses will begin to show, especially when you delay on the job.if you can go enroll for accounting lectures wkend. If not you lay off is around the corner
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by orogodoganyin(m): 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!
and u go dey expect to get job nd make it in life o. weitin u tink say the heads nd creator of d elderly wey u fool 4 here, go do 4 ur destiny?
if u don get job already, u go dey happy, dey expect say u go fit keep am abi? u tink say time dey partial? all the time wey ppl don waste 4 here, u no tink say thm go comot am 4rm ur life span 10 times?
u no dey tink at all?
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hello House,

What should I do?

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ufotty2001: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
come let me help you.. am an account officer.. well experienced in both manual and accounting software..
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Greycious(m): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
slap1:
You've underestimated the power of social media. I suggest you don't show up for the job or else you could be going to jail from there.

this is d best advice so far.

I feel sorry 4d OP
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Ups01(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Greycious(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
grin tongue tongue tongue grin Hehiehe!!! UNA WAN KILL ME...see post within 1hr.
Attention...Grabbed!!! See yah later for more farbuu...grin tongue tongue tongue grin
just seeing this post and I feel sorry 4u d more. we don't need to place a curse on u, u hav already cursed yasef.
peace

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by kaybext(m): 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Congrat! Bro...
Panic no more frnd because yu already scale thru d interview level. Every organisation has there own pattern of work style. They will train you on there style of work. Just go do some research work, on google to learn little abt them.
So that you can easily understand when putting you through ur duty @work.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Adedoks(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Habisoye:
Hehiehe!!!

Attention...Grabbed!!!
guy why are u using reverse psychology... Ure had better deliver urself from this foundational stronghold of confusion fighting your destiny... U think ure still young abi... Hhhmn I shake my head.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Ibman: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Quickly get some one to coach U for d remaining 4 day u have left on those softwares they use.... So that when get there u will not be a complete novice.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by valencia25(m): 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
OP ti wo One chance grin

Tell them the truth.

[size=15pt]
My signature is very much available, very fresh and blazing. It's very fast, I've been using it since last year. Only decided to share now
[/size]
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by bigerboy200: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
hahahahahahaa...u don enter one chance...
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
I don't know why guys decided to buy this kind of fake news.

The op said he has being going for series of interview with this same company since the interview is in stages and nobody asked him why did the company not test him on peachtree , dac easy and other accounting software.

@op you can fool everyone but certainly not an Accountant like me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / My Job Interview Experience Today / Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.