Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media (44894 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by talk2smat(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Tolu Ogunlesi, a journalist, as his Special Assistant on New Media. Officials at the presidency told PREMIUM TIMES Mr. Ogunlesi has undergone security screening and his appointment is to be announced in the coming days. Mr. Ogunlesi is one of Nigeria’s most active Twitter users, and was clearly in favour of Mr. Buhari’s election in the 2015 general elections.

He will be the Buhari administration’s social media anchor, a role played by Reno Omokiri for former President Goodluck Jonathan. Mr. Ogunlesi describes himself as a poet, photographer, and fiction writer. Before his appointment, he was a freelance writer, contributing articles to various publications, mostly abroad. He also syndicated opinion articles in many Nigerian newspapers, including PREMIUM TIMES.

Mr. Ogunlesi, who trained as a pharmacist, worked as Features Editor for the defunct 234NEXT newspapers. In 2009 he was awarded the Arts and Culture prize in the annual CNN Multichoice African Journalism Awards. He won the CNN award again in 2013 in another category. He was also shortlisted for the inaugural PEN/Studzinski literary prize.

Mr. Ogulesi tweets via @toluogunlesi and has 143,000 followers.

Credit:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186789-buhari-to-name-journalist-tolu-ogunlesi-sa-new-media.html

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by MosakuAW(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Congrats.

He looks calm from his pix.

We are still awaiting appointments from the east, all we have been seeing is North and West or there is no credible person in the East!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by pamodulus: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Until then

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Day11(m): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
Congrats Bruh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by maximilian19(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
ok na to him ( new SA media)

if u like turn to adsina n garba. and if u like no use ur head.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
not who i thought he was

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by buzquet(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Haters go b lyk buhari don appoint aboki again.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by aaamos(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
d
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Reno's replacement! grin

By the way....does anyone know where dear old Reno is? We had lots of fun together back during the GEJ times... grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Funjosh(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is cool cool I am a follower of his handle on twitter very intelligent young Nigerian smiley

This is the type of change we want let the youth be integrated into the government. smiley

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mogidi: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Apart from the military officials, Buhari has only appointed News men, Garba Shehu, Adesina and Ogunlesi.
This government is going to rule through Twitter, this is why it was wrong to vote an illiterate.

Twitter may have won Buhari the presidency, twitter can't sustain his grip on power.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.

I weep for Tinubu.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by grandeur247(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
good for him
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Damscrob(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Front Page o...First time this week

i DEDICATE this to all UNIBEN students going home for Jihad break.....Abeg make una bring meat come on tuesday o....else na Ogun go visit una one by one...

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by asuaiclive(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
hmm
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by realone2012: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
For those that love saying thr*sh about Islam just because of likes on NL.
Check out the #Mecca_live video on snapchat and the hashtag
#Mecca_live on twitter for people's comment!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Unsad(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
But e no get comb

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Trinxie(f): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Congratulations mister cheesy....hmmm...his smile tho grin
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by SPG4U(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
.[size=20pt]to all of una wey dey write rubbish on NL see ooo dey don appoint person for tweeter

Baba, I dey ur side ooo

Appoint me sef as personal adviser on social media NL to be precise...and I go get power pass Seun and his Mods...

[/size]

13 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Firefire(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
This guy look like a HACKER..... another wikileak grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by RichDad1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
But this Dude should at least Comb his hair nau? sad sad sad sad sad sad

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Jarus(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Great. Tolu is a great guy. I have had cause to interact with him. He's probably the most brilliant under-35 columnist in Nigeria, in my opinion.

Confession: I lobbied for this position. I talked to Femi Adesina, a senior friend on a first name level, that I won't mind handling their Social Media for them when I realised Garba Shehu and Femi were not so social media savvy. I still have records of our conversation.

I have a feeling a feeling my name was among the suggested names for this position, but Tolu will beat anybody. Tolu is a great guy that has the mien , temperament and knowledge to handle the job better. His level-headedness is another bonus. Tolu doesnt come across as someone that will play a Wendel Simlin. He has a name to protect as a CNN award winning journalist.

I wish him all the best. He is the best man for the job.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by phyllosilicate(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Some people won't be happy for this 'yoruba' man.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by DIVINE78: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
MosakuAW:

Congrats.

He looks calm from his pix.

We are still awaiting appointments from the east, all we have been seeing is North and West or there is no credible person in East!
Ask Ohaneze ndimumu who asked all ibos to vote for dullardeen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by nerodenero: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Somebody should give Mr. Tolu Ogunlesi a comb to comb his hair, besides, comb isn't expensive undecided

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by oyefeel(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Na SA wr won chop?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by RichDad1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
realone2012:
SPG4U:
huangcheng:
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.
I weep for Tinubu.
Mogidi:
k
aaamos:
d
See them? angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by yorke1: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mumu President. No appointment yet from the region that provides 100% of Nigeria revenue...yet he keep on appointing his fellow parasites. And you want convince me that there is nothing wrong with this man's brain. Thunder wey go fire this Daura dullarrd dey do rehearsal.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by sharonnnn(f): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
he looks funny undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Kills 3 FRSC Officers In Anambra As Warning To Soludo (Graphic Photos) / APC Is Full Of Christians - VP Sambo / GEJ Vs GMB: Who Do You Think Will Win Tomorrow's Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.