Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator (5494 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Buhari Not A Democrat, Lacks Moral Rights To Intervene In Gambia – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 17, 2015
Just last night news broke out that security operatives from the Department of State Security (DSS) were surrounding the private residence of immediate past National Security Adviser Rtd Col Dasuki Sambo. It was also reported that another group of DSS agents had taken over the family residence of the Sokoto caliphate prince, holding members of his family hostage in their bid to arrest the ex-NSA. While some supporters of the government cheered at the news, some of us are worried of the development. We are worried because we want to be sure whether we are still in the 1984 General Buhari draconian era or we are in the 2015 President Buhari era.

What can justify the harassment of a man that was never summoned by the security agents to appear before their agency? Has there been any court warrant issued against him. So why the harassment? If Dasuki Sambo is needed to explain certain things to the DSS or any security agency, isn't it proper to send him invitation/summon for him to appear? Is it not when he failed to appear that he can be declared "Wanted" and forcefully arrested? Some people alleged that he was "corrupt" when he was the NSA, but they failed to realise that the agencies mandated for anti-corruption fight are EFCC, ICPC and Special Fraud Unit of the Police force. Even at that there are procedures.

Was Buhari sincere when he said that he has been democratically converted from his dictatorial past and will operate under democratic norms? In his own word in his February 16 Chatham House Speech

“Before you is a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under democratic norms"
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-at-chatham-house-why-i-want-to-be-president-buhari/

Let us recall that days after Buhari was elected President, one of the first thing he did was to bar law abiding journalists attached to AIT from covering his activities. It took spirited efforts and criticism from patriotic Nigerians before he had to reverse himself. We all hoped that event will be the last undemocratic act of the then President-elect. But it now appears like we were wrong.

I am not here to hold brief for Col Dasuki Sambo, I am not saying that he shouldn't be made to face the law if he's found wanting. My position is that proper procedure need to be followed, I believe this is the position of the law. We can't allow government to continue to disregard our laws at will. That's unacceptable. If we allow this to go on we may someday become victims individually or as a group. The President must abide by his pledge at subject himself to democratic norms. He cannot be deploying the same draconian tactics of 1984 under the democratic era of 2015.

Recall that on February 10, the APC leader Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu alleged that he was being monitored by the military. Though this was refuted by the military as a ruse. However, the APC tagged it as "criminal" and misuse of the security agencies. In the words of Lagos APC Spokesman Joe Igbokwe

"We see this brazen display of brute force as yet another in the series of the criminal misuse of the army...
We urge Nigerians to rise up and fight the creeping culture of impunity and deliberate misuse of the army and other security agencies for the prosecution of the hideous interests..."
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/10/military-siege-on-tinubus-lagos-home-fashola-lagos-apc-react/

I hope the President learn from the words of his party. Most importantly, he should act like a converted democrat and not a pretentious dictator operating under the cover of "agbada".

May God Almighty Bless Us All
Happy Eid To All Muslim Faithfuls

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by fineguy11(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2015
BACANISTER AND THE WAILING WAILERS!!!!see who is talking about proper procedure.,did the IG under your clueless master exercise 'proper procedure' by preventing former speaker and opposition members of the house of rep from gaining entrance into the lower chamber?was proper procedure exercised when OKONJO IWEALA spent $2.1billion without authority from NEC?U are an epitome of hypocrisy..i rather have a pretentious dictator who believes corrupt officials be brought to book by any means,,than a clueless democrat who is an ally of corruption..
PDP:WAILERS TILL 2023....

Flash back:
barcanista:
Irrespective of where we all stand, we must realise that FeBuhari 14 provide us a lifetime opportunity to save Nigeria from the Grip of saTANists and the retrogressive PDP. Voting the PDP candidate at the Presidential level is synonymous to sending Nigeria to a 50years jail term without parole. Join hands and let us save our country and future. Support Change, Vote Muhammadu Buhari For President. #God bless Nigeria

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Freciprocal: 9:26am On Jul 17, 2015
Your caption is quite misleading, but ur intentions are pure...

I see you as a concerned Nigerian, making sure PMB does not go amiss.

On the topic... when it comes to issues of the nation's security, the DSS can whisk anyone away depending on the Intel they get. The story is still unfolding, we would have to wait till we hear the other side.

Also concerning PMB, I. Know the expectation is high. We need to pressure him in all ways necessary cos indeed Nigerians deserves better. But a little patience would do also.

We were patient with GEJ for close to 6 years, let's hope for the best and expect the worst from PMB for 4 years, then we can/might kick him out with our votes...

Our major triumph is in the electoral system which I hope would be sustained

smiley

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Anoda bomb has bin sent to d ememy's camp(apc)!
Make I wait here, cos d MODs won't send it to frontpage till it gets to page 5 or thereabt

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by temitemi1(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2015
Prof, I'm happy to be one of the people that warned against voting for an unrepentant DESPOTIC n HAWKISH general... Thank God I didn't vote for 'change'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2015
CC: Mogidi Truckpusher Whynotthetruth IsraaliAirforce Nigerianvenom Anonimi Biafranqueen Mizmycoli Dearpreye Francizy Komek Temitemi1 firefire

Lalasticlala Ishilove Seun and Obinoscopy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by francizy(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Once a tyrant, always a tyrant.. undecided

I hereby declare the floor open for some lying liars to come and attack the OP instead of countering the valid points he raised.. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 17, 2015
Once a tyrant is forever a tyrant angry.

Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr to all Muslim on Nairaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by MizMyColi(f): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2015
barcanista:
CC: Mogidi Truckpusher Whynotthetruth IsraeliAirforce Nigerianvenom Anonimi Biafranqueen Mizmycoli Dearpreye Francizy Komek Temitemi1 firefire Wildrage MOGIDI Fulanimafia Obailala tbaba234

Lalasticlala Ishilove Seun and Obinoscopy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Viktor1983(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2015
its still early to tell
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Abugab(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2015
Who is more democratic, the man who used his position as NSA to loot large sums and play dirty politics or the man who is ensuring that such culprit is brought to book?
We really don't care about the style of arrest being it commando or sniper styled because the actions of this same person has infringed on the rights of countless number of Nigerians and thus, the matter of rights infringement shouldn't be brought up here.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Feranchek(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2015
I dey come
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by kamair237(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Buhari no di fear face.... Prince or no Prince ...he belongs to nobody....
he must have strong evidence b4 carrying out such....

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2015
Abugab:
Who is more democratic, the man who used his position as NSA to loot large sums and play dirty politics or the man who is ensuring that such culprit is brought to book?
We really don't care about the style of arrest being it commando or sniper styled because the actions of this same person has infringed on the rights of countless number of Nigerians and thus, the matter of rights infringement shouldn't be brought up here.
whether Dasuki was partisan as NSA or not, it still doesn't negate the very fact that there are procedures of doing things as enshrined in our laws. If you say he was corrupt, can you give us facts to back your claim? Can you also tell us when DSS got the mandate to arrest alleged corrupt individuals or when they got the mandate to arrest on behalf of EFCC, ICPC and SFU. Even if there was petition sent to the anti-corruption agencies, is it not proper to invite the said person FIRST? Do you understand our laws? Buhari cannot be using 1984 style that is impunitive and criminal according to our law. He cannot do as he pleases but must be constrained to our laws. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, what matters is that the laws must be protected. Buhari won't have such luxury...this I assure you

6 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Trailblazer1(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2015
undecided
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by temitemi1(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2015
We don't care abt the front page bro! Front page or no front page we still rock this land called Nairaland cool cool
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Anoda bomb has bin sent to d ememy's camp(apc)!
Make I wait here, cos d MODs won't send it to frontpage till it gets to page 5 or thereabt

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2015
Empty as usual!
There is no point craving for your post(s) anymore as it was before because it lacks balance, objectivity and credibility.
You are more concerned with destructive criticism rather than being fair and maintain constructive criticism.
That's the difference between you and Critics like Dele Momodu, JJ Omojuwa, Passingshot etc!
Keep wailing like other Wailers!

12 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by capip120(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2015
The daura President Buhari is acting again with impunity.
Why hold the family members hostage because of one man?
Thanks a lot barcanista for balcarnizing the APC harlots.
and to the mods stop modifying my comments except you too are dullards afterall when GEJ was there they called him clueless.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Pataki: 9:49am On Jul 17, 2015
These dunderheads will not rest and think like a sane person would.

When during Jonathan's regime, NDLEA agents laid seige to Kashamu's residence, what court warrant was issued in regards to that? When DSS laid seiged to the APC office in Lagos in an election period, which court warrant was issued in regards to that?

When during Jonathan's ediotic regime, Aso Rock seized the pass of a journalist reporting for a German station, where were you dolts to speak of democracy?

So soldiers (Army) laying siege to an opposition party leader's house is now equivalent to the Secret Police arresting a former security operative? What an ediotic thread this is!

If you are not satisfied with Buhari, go to court. Wailing Wailers!

Buhari has a Professor of Law as his Vice, whoever is not happy with how he is taking charge of this country is free to start eating salt in place of sugar.

19 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2015
Freciprocal:
Your caption is misleading, but ur intentions are pure...

On the topic... when it comes to issues of the nation's security, the DSS can whisk anyone away depending on the Intel they get. The story is still unfolding, we would have to wait till we hear the other side.

Also concerning PMB, I. Know the expectation is high. We need to pressure him in all ways necessary cos indeed Nigerians deserves better. But a little patience would do also.

We were patient with GEJ for 6 years, let's hope for the best and expect the worst from PMB for 4 years, then we can/might kick him out with our votes...

Our major triumph is in the electoral system which I hope would be sustained smiley
I don't think it is fair to say the caption is misleading.

On the subject, the DSS does not have any mandate to "whisk" anybody at will (you can refer to the DSS act..). I would rather stick to issues than the petty talk of "give him a chance" "GEJ 6 years" bla bla bla. The issue at hand is what I'm concerned and not diversionaries.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2015
PMB is on a trend that's both threatening and foolish! And I never believed even once that a tyrant can ever be reformed into a democrat. Never.

When a people keep quiet and play the ostrich when a leader is clearly going against established procedures and codes of practice, then they're in for a rude shocker.

The end does not always justify the means.

I've always known and believed the greatest danger involved in bringing down a corrupt government lies in the installation of an even overbearing, tyrannical, one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by LadyExcellency: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2015
Freciprocal:

We were patient with GEJ for 6 years, let's hope for the best and expect the worst from PMB for 4 years, then we can/might kick him out with our votes...

Our major triumph is in the electoral system which I hope would be sustained

smiley

Stop being ridiculous, Jonathan wasn't the President for six year.

May 2010 - May 2015

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by MizMyColi(f): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2015
angry
and to think I was even subtly condemning Dasuki without realizing that it is Buhari who should be taken to the gallows for this gaffe.

How can you conduct a nationwide manhunt for a respected military officer without so much as inviting him for a chat or interrogation?

What case have you formed against him to warrant such disgraceful pick up?
Was due process truly followed?

If a "nay" is the answer to the questions raised, I'd be forced to tilt towards the line of thought that this embarrassment might not be unconnected with Dasuki's role in the 1985 ousting of Dictator-General Buhari.

We are watching....and keenly so.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by adebayo201: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2015
My position is that proper procedure need to be followed, I believe this is the position of the law.
We can't allow government to continue
to disregard our laws at will. That's
unacceptable.
If we allow this to go on
we may someday become victims
individually or as a group. The President
must abide by his pledge at subject
himself to democratic norms. He cannot
be deploying the same draconian tactics
of 1984 under the democratic era of

If you've forgotten, let me quickly reminds you... bfr the general election, DSS stormed the house of Bola Tinubu on whose account
Are we in military era then For what reasons Oh, Is GEJ then a military man

Barcanista, your betray is more than that of Judas Iscariot.... And if Judas can hung himself for that, you should be cremated live angry

9 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2015
temitemi1:
Prof, I'm happy to be one of the people that warned against voting for an unrepentant DESPOTIC n HAWKISH general... Thank God I didn't vote for 'change'
My brother, this man matter tire me. First he tried his dispotic ways by launching democratic Decree 4 against AIT-we resisted. Not this! We all must be watchful otherwise the government will someday turn us into the next victims.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2015
Make I siddon for bench here to watch cool
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by socialmediaman: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2015
Barcanista,

Is this not the same DSS you were claiming that Buhari prevented from doing their jobs?

If you don't know, Nigerians want a lot of truth to be unearthed, and to the best of my knowledge, Buhari's government is doing this within constitutional means.

when it comes to insurgency and extremely sensitive cases, government is empowered to use its constitutional powers to act, and that's why they have invaded the home of the former NSA. This is classified, Mr Barcanista. They don't need to publish their warrant of arrest or search, you should wait to see how things play out before making baseless insinuations.

Even in the USA, Germany, Europe etc, you don't toy with the secret service. They will raid your home and arrest warrant is just a snap of the finger for them.

Your insinuations are unfounded, You sound like you're trying to cause confusion, but I believe people already know anyway.

12 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:
Once a tyrant, always a tyrant.. undecided

I hereby declare the floor open for some lying liars to come and attack the OP instead of countering the valid points he raised.. angry
A leopard never change its spot. But we won't allow Buhari the leisure of tyranny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by modath(f): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2015
fineguy11:
Barcanista.. U are an epitome of hypocrisy..i rather have a pretentious dictator who believes corrupt officials be brought to book by any means,,than a clueless democrat who is an ally of corruption..
PDP:WAILERS TILL 2023....

Flash back:

For the bolded, i wish you same as i wish myself, also may ye walk & never stumble, may ya days be long...

wink

4 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2015
adebayo201:

If you've forgotten, let me quickly reminds you... bfr the general election, DSS stormed the house of Bola Tinubu on whose account
Are we in military era then For what reasons Oh, Is GEJ then a military man

Barcanista, your betray is more than that of Judas Iscariot.... And if Judas can hung himself for that, you should be cremated live angry

you're a murderer cheesy
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Tonitelli: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2015
Freciprocal:

Our major triumph is in the electoral system which I hope would be sustained smiley

The op is not a concerned Nigerian...far from it...a Confused Nigerian is more like it...with attention seeking issues...
And thank you for telling him abt the DSS...it's the exNSA, and it would involve matters of national security.
Why the op would not wait to hear the other side of the story before rushing out to spew thrash is typical..you are the one that sounds like a concerned Nigerian....with sense..!

7 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by lunaticfringe: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2015
It remains to be seen what card the general has... I would say let him show his hand but in reality he cannot just do anything without involving the judiciary arm... BTW once a military man, always a military man....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mbaka Drops New Bombshell For Buhari,Soldiers,Looted Funds & More(A MUST READ) / Governor Peter Obi Absolved Of N250 Million Money Laundering Scandal / Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.