Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. (49431 Views)

Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] / Banks are Milking us dry. / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
I work in a not-too-big establishment that is owned by my brother-in-law, we have a staff of 7 ladies, 4 guys including myself.

The problem i have is that these ladies whose job is largely secretarial thinks that given my connection with the CEO, that i am financially privileged, now, i'm just managing myself, albeit comfortably, but, there is no time i can have a single conversation with these ladies without me hearing something like, 'find something for me nah', 'hope you will find me weekend money', 'you be oga nah, your own better' and stuffs like that.

Recently, one of them celebrated her birthday at the office but brought no drinks, during the celebration, she blatantly asked me to bring #5000 to support her, i was like what? The whole thing is pissing me off.

I remember a day i told one of them to buy me sachet water, she asked me how an oga like me should be drinking sachet water and not a bottled water.

The new and most annoying trend now is that anytime i send them to get me food, which is sold between 250 and 350, they either do not get me any change or they tell me that the food vendor is owing them, and we know the rest.

Please nairalanders how best do i express my displeasure to them without being petty, while also sustaining their goodwill?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by tungstar(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Milk dem back.....the dude way grin

Yaaay!!!!! FTC....I made it at last.

I dedicate it to my "missing rib" out dia who is still missing..... Very soon u shall be found

406 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by iliyande(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
That's normal nah aah. Nothing you can do about it. Try to bombard them with your financial problems first before they start. grin cheesy

Women with free things lipsrsealed

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by eluquenson(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
You are a matured man I guess, use wisdom to maintain your interpersonal relationship with them.

36 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by kolinz(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
U can't take k of that simple issue?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Aude(f): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
What is wrong with your legs and mouth? Why can't you go and buy your own food? I don't understand why a lot of Africans think because they are in a higher position they should use those below them as their servants. Get off your behind and go and buy your own food. Also if you don't have money what is so difficult in telling them you cannot keep on spending money on them.

246 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by SirLegal(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
My broda, you don't have a problem at all.

Just say NO to one of them today(if the request money from you) and stand on the NO.
Tomorrow, if another one comes, start by telling her stories that touch like... the appliances in my house all burnt due to voltage, I was pick pocketed the day before etc. If you continue with this trend, the will surely give you some space.

And to those not returning your balance after purchasing stuffs for you, Free them abeg. A worker is entitled to her payment grin cool.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Khutie: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
grin op... yhu re funny... yhu must be one of our Presidents cow...
Abeg come ova here mua need milk sef for my tea...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Aude:
What is wrong with your legs and mouth? Why can't you go and buy your own food? I don't understand why a lot of Africans think because they are in a higher position they should use those below them as their servants. Get off your behind and go and buy your own food. Also if you don't have money what is so difficult in telling them you cannot keep on spending money on them.
that is not the issue, infact i will love to do so, but my boss will not tolerate me leaving my post for anything unofficial, another thing is that i do not want it to look like 'because you have ties with the boss, you can jump up and down as you wish'. You see?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Aude(f): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
7Alexander:

that is not the issue, infact i will love to do so, but my boss will not tolerate me leaving my post for anything unofficial, another thing is that i do not want it to look like 'because you have ties with the boss, you can jump up and down as you wish'. You see?

So don't you have lunch breaks or are you expected to work the whole day without leaving your desk? Maybe it is your over-familiarity with the ladies that encourages them to take advantage of you. If you weren't depending on them to run errands for you then they won't have the opportunity to exploit you . Sometimes we are the architects of our problems.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Andy790(m): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
BE a man.... Squeeze your cute face and tell them the truth bluntly....don't smile with them
let business be serious business...you should even shout on them in pidgin...like come una dey craze. Una think say I be sanusi pikin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by samsongbemisola(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
Some ladies belive they can always get what they want from guys, even if she earns more than the guy or they receive the same salary, they will always ask. you got to be bold and be frank with them limit the money u give, only give them when u feel it won't affect or else you will be Maga of life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by 2dice(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hahahahaha ... *Chairman anything for the Weekends* in illbliss voice

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
2dice:
Hahahahaha ... *Chairman anything for the Weekends* in illbliss voice
the thing tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Physika(f): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
One of them is prolly reading this post

Can't just imagine the look on her face grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by lexaydfg(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
People with different problems and challenges.. Some people are searching and looking for a job and others are complaining that the ladies are milking dem dry..

I wish I dey ur shoe bro.. I go just milk dem dryer

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2015
You smile too much brother

11 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Doskit(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
@Op you need to stop living a fake life, be you! The fact that people put in a position that you don't belong should not make you run yourself down.

Before another comment, @Op are you married?

4 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Limit your relationship with them

2 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by CR77(f): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
cheesy cheesy If they are Milking you dry suck them dry too cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Tomjazzy2: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
First carry out an honest self evaluation/assessment of your person, vis-a-vis how you have been carrying your self in that office.

You may have been unconsciously inviting these attentions cum demands by how you have been carrying your self bro. This you may have been doing by acting like, "E be like sey una no know sey na my in-law get dis company oh" grin

Didn't you just point out that you even send them on errands to buy you common water undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by lateefx(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
tongue

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by iPopAlomo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Milk them back nah...
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by EMMYB0Y(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
try this below ....it works very well. ... but mind you.. you will be singing"LONELY. .. AM MR LONELY I GOT NO BODY ON MY OWN" everyday in office just like Akon

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by MadCow1: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Have you tried boning any of them?

4 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by film2(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
I don't see any problem to advice you on,you are your problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by passionate88: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ehya... They are leeches, just few good ones
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by angieberry(f): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
You be mumu.
sorry to say, but that's the blatant truth.
So you cannot say NO to them or you cannot refuse to give them money? Abi are you afraid and you want to just keep up appearance?
What do you want us to tell you now?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by lateefx(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
tungstar:
Milk dem back.....the dude way grin
love this reply. lol

7 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Knack,knack all the knackables grin

Milk ko soya nii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by idupaul: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Working With The Big4, Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.