Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. (49423 Views)

Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] / Banks are Milking us dry. / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by tranxo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
angieberry:
why cant he say NO to those leeches? abi does he look like their father? over-niceness is worrying him. what advise does he want us to give him now.
I wonder oooo. They are milking him because he is providing the milk. Period.

2 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by bigerboy200: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op.. u are hustling backwards.Better wise up..
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by solid3(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:
I work in a not-too-big establishment that is owned by my brother-in-law, we have a staff of 7 ladies, 4 guys including myself.

The problem i have is that these ladies whose job is largely secretarial thinks that given my connection with the CEO, that i am financially privileged, now, i'm just managing myself, albeit comfortably, but, there is no time i can have a single conversation with these ladies without me hearing something like, 'find something for me nah', 'hope you will find me weekend money', 'you be oga nah, your own better' and stuffs like that.

Recently, one of them celebrated her birthday at the office but brought no drinks, during the celebration, she blatantly asked me to bring #5000 to support her, i was like what? The whole thing is pissing me off.

I remember a day i told one of them to buy me sachet water, she asked me how an oga like me should be drinking sachet water and not a bottled water.

The new and most annoying trend now is that anytime i send them to get me food, which is sold between 250 and 350, they either do not get me any change or they tell me that the food vendor is owing them, and we know the rest.

Please nairalanders how best do i express my displeasure to them without being petty, while also sustaining their goodwill?

I feel ur pains broda. I believe one or two of them must be sexy for u, invite them one after the other to ur house and milk the back.

If them they form, no wahala, just move to the next and lock up for that particular one.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by lionphil(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

that is not the issue, infact i will love to do so, but my boss will not tolerate me leaving my post for anything unofficial, another thing is that i do not want it to look like 'because you have ties with the boss, you can jump up and down as you wish'. You see?

So u no fit arrange change before u come work? U never do conductor work before?? Before u come work, buy recharge card dem go give u change, its better than dashing those leeches your money.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Splendidee(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
bite ur tongue n kip biting until u feel hurt then realise ursef
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:
I work in a not-too-big establishment that is owned by my brother-in-law, we have a staff of 7 ladies, 4 guys including myself.

The problem i have is that these ladies whose job is largely secretarial thinks that given my connection with the CEO, that i am financially privileged, now, i'm just managing myself, albeit comfortably, but, there is no time i can have a single conversation with these ladies without me hearing something like, 'find something for me nah', 'hope you will find me weekend money', 'you be oga nah, your own better' and stuffs like that.

Recently, one of them celebrated her birthday at the office but brought no drinks, during the celebration, she blatantly asked me to bring #5000 to support her, i was like what? The whole thing is pissing me off.

I remember a day i told one of them to buy me sachet water, she asked me how an oga like me should be drinking sachet water and not a bottled water.

The new and most annoying trend now is that anytime i send them to get me food, which is sold between 250 and 350, they either do not get me any change or they tell me that the food vendor is owing them, and we know the rest.

Please nairalanders how best do i express my displeasure to them without being petty, while also sustaining their goodwill?

Upload pictures of your mammary glands smiley

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Chuknovski(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

. Go ahead start milking em
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by FRANKOXY(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
It's same here bro .I manage my INLAW's filling station and all other staff thinks he pays me the whole world.

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
datalossvictim1:

Upload pictures of your mammary glands smiley
grin
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Kidstell: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
when u mentioned the word "petty". I got the picture.
you are not married, else your wife would have helped you by milking you dryer before going to work.
just joking by the way, I am not married too.
there are times you actually have something in your mind that you came up with. but because you feel the ladies will say u are actually being petty you will not do that which is on your mind.
Let me say this loud and clear AS FAR AS YOUR ACTION IS NOT TO GET INVOLVED WITH A LADY SEXUALLY OR TO ABUSE HER PHYSICALLY. NOTHING YOU DO IS PETTY.
When she gets to her private corner hear what she says
THIS GUY'S REACTION SHOWS I HAVE ACTUALLY CROSSED MY BOUNDARIES.
Friend Stand your ground and get more respect. thats how I roll in my world.
lastly, if you must send them to buy food then you can't stop them from taking your change its part of the goodwill. but if u want to do like mr baddo then always find little denomination of naira so that there will be no change to keep.
one more, you are very petty to be seeking advice on this issue
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Mrshroud: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

Bro I understand how you feel, you'll have to take a really stern decision which might in all likelihood lead to a misunderstanding of your person.

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Aude(f): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
dacrystal01:

Something tells me you're still a student. No offense.

Because if you've started working, u'll know that some job descriptions dont allow u to "leave" ur company and go out in search of food, or anything.... During working hours.

Far from it. I am in my thirties. I have been working for well over 10 years in all kinds of roles. I have never worked in Nigeria because I am not Nigerian. Everybody is entitled to a break. I know in Africa people like exploiting others but for someone like the op who seems to be in a senior position it seems weird that he cannot leave the company's premises. Maybe it is time HR departments started doing what they were created for and start ensuring that the employees are treated fairly and know their rights. What do people do if they don't bring food from home? How do you expect a person to be productive if they are not allowed some freedom? Well that is my rant over. Maybe it is time we Africans learnt how to treat each other.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Spydamannn(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
linearity:
OP, you are the problem here, those two ladies are perfectly fine.

You cannot eat your cake and have it. They did not force the money out of you, they did not steal it, they did not defraud you.

You willingly gave them money, most likely with a smile on your face and with the aura of 'the big boss' at the same time, while enjoying the accolade, prestige, peer recognition, status, fame, greetings, blessings, prayers, thanks, etc that come with that gesture and now want to wish your money back.

Next time, simply say NO and deal with the rebuff and badmouthing or whatever that may result. Do not try to eat your cake and have it at the same time.
WORD

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by NoRetreat(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Story for gods. Proximity breeds contempt. If you are not exhibiting undue interest ... Your money will be intact in ur pocket.

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Coraje(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
You simply weak. U r thinking with ur tin. And smart girls, they've found their new Maga. Keep forming u hear. Pele

2 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Oluschenco(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
tungstar:
Milk dem back.....the dude way grin

Yaaay!!!!! FTC....I made it at last.

I dedicate it to my "missing rib" out dia who is still missing..... Very soon u shall be found

laugh wan kill me die here ooo
@op, milk the 7ladies back na.
no dull moment for you.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by iRepNaija1: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

I don't understand how this is an issue. Why can't you just tell them, "No." Literally say, "No. I'm not giving you money" or "I don't have any money" (even if you're lying). Money is the quickest way to ruin any relationship so keep it out of the equation, if you can. These women are not your siblings, you're not their parent, I don't see a ring on any of their fingers, and their behavior is unprofessional. What's the worst that can happen? They can't fire you.

3 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by akanbiaa(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

These is what I deduced from your write up,
1. You are the showy type(person that loves to appear comfortable and rich)
2. You appear to have big manism complex(what stood you from in siting on buying your food yourself? Later you will say they used love portion on you.
3. You feel not so happy that you have not been able to sleep with any if them despite being nice.
4. You are not a straightforward type of person you are good at maintaining a role you are not. And Finally
5. You find it difficult to say No to women especially the type that there is chance you could lay with.

4 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by ekeroyal(m): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
7Alexander:

Did anyone engage in the ministry today?d we know the rest.

Sorry

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Aystarz: 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
SirLegal:
My broda, you don't have a problem at all.

Just say NO to one of them today(if the request money from you) and stand on the NO.
Tomorrow, if another one comes, start by telling her stories that touch like... the appliances in my house all burnt due to voltage, I was pick pocketed the day before etc. If you continue with this trend, the will surely give you some space.

And to those not returning your balance after purchasing stuffs for you, Free them abeg. A worker is entitled to her payment grin cool.

And also get ready to be called names like 'stingy man', 'akagum', 'proud guy' etal.
Women, U just can't win against them.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Aystarz: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
2dice:
Hahahahaha ... *Chairman anything for the Weekends* in illbliss voice

Lol Oga Boss!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
Milk me i milk you naa hin sure pass. Ur cow go get a enuf milk oooo dats Y u can afford 2 give free milk. grin
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by NAJALYN: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
Dont believe you are not enjoying all the attention. The price you pay for that is to allow them get a piece of the action from you. Afterall you are close to Oga.

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by shurlermoz(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
angieberry:
You be mumu.
sorry to say, but that's the blatant truth.
So you cannot say NO to them or you cannot refuse to give them money? Abi are you afraid and you want to just keep up appearance?
What do you want us to tell you now?

God bless you for this comment, 1million likes for you.

2 Likes

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by hollamanng(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2015
Aude:
What is wrong with your legs and mouth? Why can't you go and buy your own food? I don't understand why a lot of Africans think because they are in a higher position they should use those below them as their servants. Get off your behind and go and buy your own food. Also if you don't have money what is so difficult in telling them you cannot keep on spending money on them.
leave am na mumu y dey no even ask boss money self

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by emmanator(m): 3:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Aude:

So don't you have lunch breaks or are you expected to work the whole day without leaving your desk? Maybe it is your over-familiarity with the ladies that encourages them to take advantage of you. If you weren't depending on them to run errands for you then they won't have the opportunity to exploit you . Sometimes we are the architects of our problems.

u just said it all, wen d load tire u drop am were u carry am from

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by emmanator(m): 3:26am On Jul 21, 2015
7Alexander:

oh God!just wen I tot my roommate was a looser. o boy u loose pass thread sha!(owu)
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by Maxymilla(m): 4:13am On Jul 21, 2015
Guy! B bold nd call dis chics to order, if nid b den tactically turn deir request down most tym....nd for d errand, worse cum to worse try gettin d exalt amount for d lunch u re about to sendin dem. Wit all dese dey'll b gettin d picture dat u not a maga afterall.
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by RealEstate35: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by NobleG1(m): 5:48am On Jul 21, 2015
7Alexander:

You deserve what you get. You presented yourself as oga to them by asking them to buy you water and food.
Are they there to serve you? The company is not yours and yet you behave like it's yours.

Get your lazy as*s up and buy your water and food by yourself!

1 Like

Re: The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. by SStoneCCold: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2015
Op, learn to say NO, it will be of more use to you than being able to read Latin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.