Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends (18965 Views)

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 / Olusegun Obasanjo. Like Or Loathe Him, Is The Greatest Living Nigerian. / 5 Greatest Living Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 16, 2009
What is all the noise about chinua achebe not being included sef.
What has he done besides writing a classic novel?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by redsun(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
Imagine obasanjo,a prolific traitor been named a legend.Oyinbo language,we don't understand it in-toto or rather,it could interpreted differently.Obasanjo like the rest of them that is bringing AFRICA to her knees should be condemned into the abyss.

Femi Kuti just like his father is a legend in his rights,he is educating the people that hardly ever listened.

Not even princess Diana funeral could march that of Abami,Femi's father,he was mourned by the people that never fully understood.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afaukwu: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2009
A-town:

What has Soyinka done beside the Nobel price? Achebe's classic has been translated into more than 50 languages (the first and only African to achieve such feat) and shows Nigeria's culture all over the world. If Achebe cannot be a Nigerian, indeed African legend, I wonder who is.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
A-town:

Why ask when u already know the answer.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by cre8tivity(f): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
i'm just glad that people are not stupid enough to list ribadu's name. that would have been a low blow to the rest of decent nigerian citizens. obasojo's name should also be removed right away.

just in-case you did not know, legend means: a symbol of supernatural beings who have achieved legendary fame through their various incredible superhuman accomplishments (that touch or inspire other humans in a magnificent way).
it has nothing to do with corruption, so why is obasojo's name listed?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by obiem(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
@afam4eva

I concur Cardinal Arinze is missing?

Chinua Achebe is also missing i wonder y?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afaukwu: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2009
Nigerian living legends

Enahoro
CARDINAL Arinze
Chinua Achebe
Wole Soyinka
Akunyili
Kanu Nwankwo
Okocha
Gani
Balarabe Musa
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by redsun(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2009
Cardunal arinze,what has he done?follow follow.

Dem go juba pope,juba bishop,juba iman.Mental slavery worst than physical slavery
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2009
redsun:

Dem go juba pope,juba bishop,juba iman.Mental slavery worst than physical slavery

What rubbish are u spitting. He's the greatest cardinal ever to come out of Africa.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afaukwu: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
redsun:

Ignorance is adisease
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by redsun(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2009
An abominable disease, that you are unfortunately suffering from.Wake up.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by redsun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2009
Wipe away your transgressions.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by dnex(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2009
The only legend I see there is Olusegun Obasanjo. Most people who are young see Obasanjo as a man who just ruled Nigeria twice, but there's more to him. When we realise how he brought the Nigerian Civil War to an end even when the Federal Government and Biafran Leadership wanted to keep it lingering, then we can appreciate him as a war hero and defender of our motherland. See the way John McCain was beign celebrated as a war hero during his election campaign in the USA when he didn't even play any significant role in the Vietnam war. And yet we want to bury the memory of our greatest hero in the mud with the likes of legal towncryers who never win cases and fantasy writers.

Dangote has tried as a hardworking citizen.

Olajuwon is not a Nigerian, but he's a legend.

Emeagwali is not a Nigerian anymore too, though also a legend. He has no presence, interest or patriotism whatsoever to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by akinalabi(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2009
I dont understand how Balarabe Musa is a Legend shocked
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by MadMax1(f): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2009
Yeye 'eye service' list. What has half the people on that list done for others? Dangote with all his money, No be pesin be Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, what has he done?The makers of that list just want to attract the goodwill of some powerful people. They included a few good names so the thing won't be a total sham. Legend nikan ni. Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
dnex:

The only legend I see there is Olusegun Obasanjo. Most people who are young see Obasanjo as a man who just ruled Nigeria twice, but there's more to him. When we realise how he brought the Nigerian Civil War to an end even when the Federal Government and Biafran Leadership wanted to keep it lingering, then we can appreciate him as a war hero and defender of our motherland. See the way John McCain was beign celebrated as a war hero during his election campaign in the USA when he didn't even play any significant role in the Vietnam war. And yet we want to bury the memory of our greatest hero in the mud with the likes of legal towncryers who never win cases and fantasy writers.

Dangote has tried as a hardworking citizen.

Olajuwon is not a Nigerian, but he's a legend.

Emeagwali is not a Nigerian anymore too, though also a legend. He has no presence, interest or patriotism whatsoever to Nigeria.

With three stupid statement, U're three times more of an air head than the guy that was asking what Arinze had done.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2009
Please i want everybody to understand that a legend is not someone that runs a charity organisation., rather someone that has distinguished himself in a particular field.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by redsun(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
Assuming dickhead,wallowing in inherent ignorance.Not even as smart as a rat.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by oderemo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2009
What rubbish are u spitting. He's the greatest cardinal ever to come out of Africa

did you mean the four cardinnal of africa?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Naijex: 3:59am On Mar 17, 2009
Aliko Dangote 's business practice is detrimental to others. I will say he 's not a legend to me.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 4:16am On Mar 17, 2009
Naijex:

Aliko Dangote 's business practice is detrimental to others. I will say he 's not a legend to me.
I think silverbird is getting it all mixed up. Don't they know what it means for someone to be successful and for the person to be a legend?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 4:28am On Mar 17, 2009
Silverbird may not be wrong about OBJ afterall.

Compact oxford English dictionary defines a LEGEND as "an extremely famous or [b]notorious [/b]person: a screen legend"
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 4:32am On Mar 17, 2009
Webster dictionary defines a legend as "a notable person whose deeds or exploits are much talked about in his or her own time"

Mind you there's nothing like "positve deeds or exploits" meaning that a legend could either be a positive or negative figure.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 17, 2009
Fela lives on so he's also a living legend. Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Femi Kuti. It's a shame we don't have that much living legends in Nigeria. All that could be legendary already sold it for monetary. I'm steady thinking about Nigeria and how backward we are in many ways. Wish I could do more than the little I do.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
9jaganja:

Fela lives on so he's also a living legend.

He's dead dia.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by fegflu: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2009
Piecing the puzzle of several articles and publications together shows that the bulk of the PDP decision-making sometimes stops at his desk. He is a growth tool, a motivational tool and a quick fix intervention machine. Borrowing from the lines of Mbadiwe, this is a man you call a political caterpillar. He is a smooth operator and a night machine that sometimes starts his meeting at 12:01 AM in the morning and before dawn; new laws, operational strategies and national decisions are influenced. He is recognized as one of the most powerful king makers and his support/non-support thereof, could determine ones political future within the PDP.

Who is
this man named ANENIH? My research during my most recent visit to Nigeria laid out a few palpable findings. His followers revere him as a man of integrity and a strong passionate individual with a sense of responsibility, respect for others and a mammoth fervor for power and control, augmented with his ability to liberate others from their fears. He possesses no fear recognizing that fear is the generator of weakness. The interesting caveat to the whole information on this "nobleman" as he is fondly called, by most who know him well, is that his determination to be influential within the PDP is unparallel and his ability to recognize minor lapses in loyalty and integrity is phenomenal. Everyone that has battled Anenih has somehow walked away a loser. There is an old saying that when two elephants fights, the grass suffers. When Tony Anenih and Orji Kalu fought, we now know that Dr. Chima Nwafor is the one that may suffer for speaking up and pitching these two powerhouses against each other. Those who tested the waters around Anenih eventually recognize his symbiotic ability that they often give up, and sadly kiss up to him. He is not a compromiser but a winner at all cost.

Anenih is what you call a smooth operator with the ability to delineate good plans and strategies from poor ones. He knows how to generate the support and resources to get to his desired destination as noted by his title as the acting chairman, PDP Board of Trustees. This typically passive role has become very active and extremely powerful since he took it over. He indirectly holds the royal aces and sometimes works smarter than others who rely on hard work. He knows how to get on the right tracks for his, and his followers' benefit. He finds elation from knowing that he has beaten his opponents at their games. He uses the press wisely and crushes most uprising permanently, in quiet, non-fanfare ways and remains in the limelight when others wish he were gone. Effort to question his performance during his tenure as the Minister of Works in the first regime has been met with concise, specific non-verbal or para-verbal responses. He seems to know the paradoxes that make political figures powerful and uses them to his advantage. He is loyal to his friends and receptive to his enemies. He has the agility of a leader and in his own ways, sometimes dictates the direction of political discussions in the country. Perhaps, it is time we sit back and get to know this man who unlike others, speaks volume about the thought process of key PDP members. His recent comment that OBJ will invariably decide who the next president will be, should not be taken with a grain of salt but a magnitude of seriousness.

Anenih brings a new dimension to politics by reframing how the game is played. Politics as seen around the world is sometimes not an honorable man's game. It is a dirty game and as echoed over the last few months by notables Nigerians, it is not for the faint of heart. The chasm that Anenih brings to the political table in Nigeria is what should be most scary to those who seek to ascend to the top political position in the country. It is sad for any political system when one man holds this much power. It could derail the logical flow of the political process. Though Nigeria may be seen as an unusual system, it is still important to moderate the power vested in one individual, as there is a significant correlation between power, control and in the case of Nigeria, resources management

Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by muda1: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2009
orij kalu
clifford orji
Rev king
Anini
Rambo shino more later. grin
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 4:16am On Mar 18, 2009
^muda:

orij kalu
clifford orji
Rev king
Anini
Rambo shino more later. grin

I'll add otokoto
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Jakumo(m): 7:28am On Mar 18, 2009
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, and my gratitude goes to the gentleman who called Pastor Eunuch a "legend", for he is indeed a man of legendary greed. Check out his latest toy, y'all, paid for in full with money taken from the poor, the desperate and the gullible, and all in exchange for enough worthless hot air to re-fly the Hindenburg Airship.

Truer words were never spoken. Mr. Poster, for by Nigeria's inverted standards, in which master criminals are revered and fawned over by their unknowing victims, Pastor Eunuch has set a new benchmark of acquisitiveness that will not soon be matched for sheer scale and audacity.

Including this grand felon in the same category as other decent human beings like Mrs. Dora Akunyili and Wole Soyinka is the height of absurdity, which is ironically very appropriate for Nigeria, gven the country's well earned reputation worldwide.

Ha ha ha ha Oh chit, my sides are starting to hurt. Please poster, tell us some more fairy tales.

Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2009
Pastors have turned celebrities inn Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by DRANOEL(m): 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2009
afam4eva:

Webster dictionary defines a legend as "a notable person whose deeds or exploits are much talked about in his or her own time"

Mind you there's nothing like "positve deeds or exploits" meaning that a legend could either be a positive or negative figure.

if thats the case then ibb carries the day infact using the webster dictionary you qouted names like obasanjo,nzeribe,jerry gana,al mustapha, e.t.c should be on the list
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2009
DRANOEL:

if thats the case then ibb carries the day infact using the webster dictionary you qouted names like obasanjo,nzeribe,jerry gana,al mustapha, e.t.c should be on the list

Yes, these people where legendary in their criminal acts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Johnson Bamidele-Olawumi Hands-Over To Suleman Kazaure (photos) / Rio 2016: How Dalung Embarked On Jamboree With 36 Guests - NigerianTimes / Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.