Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,688 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends (18966 Views)

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 / Olusegun Obasanjo. Like Or Loathe Him, Is The Greatest Living Nigerian. / 5 Greatest Living Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
What seperates Pastor Enoch Adeboye apart from other pastors we have in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by oderemo(m): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
whether we like it or not, Obasanjo tried for Nigeria. Remember everyone has his/her own bad side, thats what we saw most of him

tried for nigeria , like what? 8YRS OF WHAT.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by grafikdon: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
ode remo:

tried for nigeria , like what? 8YRS OF WHAT.

LMAO!!!

Kobo na your fault be dis lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by JJYOU: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2009
KunleOshob:

What you fail to realize is that a lot of Nigerians still consider OBJ a national hero despite his few shortcomings and the unprecedented amount of bad press(propaganda) waged against him
kunle this from you trashing people like adeboya and oyakhilome is absurd.  you posted this somewhere for adeboye 
Well this your so called men of God are always mis-appropriating God's money and the bible already warned us to be discerning about preachers that make up stories to get our money. If they claim to be men of God and they are not living according to the standards set out in the bible they have already Judged themselves. we are just commenting.

why is your misappropriating money not extended to your admired obasanjo? is he not alleged to read the same bible you say the others are twisting?

this is my problem with people like you. you have selective truth and justice.  if you truly have the spirit of Christ in you this should not be.

you  have not told me where you fellowship by the way. or no one is good enough for you to fellowship with?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by youngies(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Silverbird shouldn't get it twisted . . .

The list cannot be credible with Obasanjo on it.

The list cannot be complete without Achebe
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Kx: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2009
Criteria For Nomination
•Selfless Service
•Enduring Achievements
•Sincerity of Purpose
•Resilience
•Patriotism
•Uprightness
•Respectability
•Incorruptibility

So OBJ qualified for nomination based on the conditions provided by the organizers as stated above?

What is d use voting when Some nominees are wrong ab initio?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2009
Nuhu Kwajafa,
Born 31st January, 1977 to the Family Of Mal. Fulani Kwajafa, former NDLEA Chairman. A silverspoon kid who has chosen to dedicate his live to feeding homeless, Street Children and Orphans and Vulnerable Childre. Nuhu has raised over N30 Million Naira for Medical Treatment for Children in need of medical assistance. Some of the Children are:
1. Moses Itodo: N10,000,000 (Ten Million Naira) for Kidney Transplant in India
2. Mis Rose Oriarehon: Cancer of the Face
3. Ebuka Anene: Cancer of the eye (N450,000)
4. Chucks Nwadiei: N250,000 (Odonogenia Keratcyst)
5. Eke Kingsley: Chronic Liver Disease: ( N64,000)
6: Peter jacob: N1, 380,000 (Hole in the heart) More cheues are still coming in.
Note: (A few of the cases)

Nuhu also runs a project food for 1 million every month for the past three years where people donate food materials which is distributed to Orphanages in three states and Military Pensioners who live under Wuse Bridge.
Nuhu sold his only car in 2008 when he could not raise money for the treatment of Ebuka Anene.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by JJYOU: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
aisha2:

Nuhu Kwajafa,
Born 31st January, 1977 to the Family Of Mal. Fulani Kwajafa, former NDLEA Chairman. A silverspoon kid who has chosen to dedicate his live to feeding homeless, Street Children and Orphans and Vulnerable Childre. Nuhu has raised over N30 Million Naira for Medical Treatment for Children in need of medical assistance. Some of the Children are:
6: Peter jacob: N1, 380,000 (Hole in the heart) More cheues are still coming in.

Nuhu also runs a project food for 1 million every month for the past three years where people donate food materials which is distributed to Orphanages in three states and Military Pensioners who live under Wuse Bridge.
Nuhu sold his only car in 2008 when he could not raise money for the treatment of Ebuka Anene.
thank you. now we are talking not some of those listed
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by KunleOshob(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU:

kunle this from you trashing people like adeboya and oyakhilome is absurd.  you posted this somewhere for adeboye 
why is your misappropriating money not extended to your admired obasanjo? is he not alleged to read the same bible you say the others are twisting?

this is my problem with people like you. you have selective truth and justice.  if you truly have the spirit of Christ in you this should not be.

you  have not told me where you fellowship by the way. or no one is good enough for you to fellowship with?

You cannot use the same parameters to assess OBJ and preachers and even if you decided to on issues of corruption we can only assess what we see with verifiable evidence. in the case of OBJ he as done very well for this country he is a great patriot and he as done several things to make the average Nigerian better off. Some of the reforms he didour children's children would benefit from. In the case of Adeboye and oyakhilome who claim to be do the will of God as stipulated in the bible i would use the bible standard to assess them and if you want to be honest to your self both men leave a lot to be desired. One simple question much do these men spend on bettering the lives of poor people around them as christ directed the church to do? as this is one of the most important function of the church.

1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

Do these men meet up to the standard above

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

certainly a pastor who spends the church's money on a private jet instead of caring for the orphans and widows in their distress as allowed the world to corrupt him.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by JJYOU: 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
KunleOshob:

You cannot use the same parameters to assess OBJ and preachers and even if you decided to on issues of corruption we can only assess what we see with verifiable evidence. in the case of OBJ he as done very well for this country he is a great patriot and he as done several things to make the average Nigerian better off. Some of the reforms he didour children's children would benefit from. In the case of Adeboye and oyakhilome who claim to be do the will of God as stipulated in the bible i would use the bible standard to assess them and if you want to be honest to your self both men leave a lot to be desired. One simple question much do these men spend on bettering the lives of poor people around them as christ directed the church to do? as this is one of the most important function of the church.

1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

Do these men meet up to the standard above

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

certainly a pastor who spends the church's money on a private jet instead of caring for the orphans and widows in their distress as allowed the world to corrupt him.
you are just a very sad miserable looser. why you cannot see that your uncle is a thief and an evil womaniser is beyond me. how much has he been paid all his life to afford the house he lives in let alone the business he runs.

i odnt know who oyakhilome/ adeboye is but something tells me you are one of those evil twisted religious minds using the bible to justify your hatred of people. between oyakihilome and adeboye must have touched much lives than your poor soul and family will ever touch in 10 generations.

you claim to love the Lord yet you hate the brethren where is the love of God in you? as you are in your bible quoting mood can i refer you to this or you have torn it off your bible?

I John 4 : 20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a Christian brother or sister,[c] that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? 21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters.[
the amplified says
20If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

21And this command (charge, order, injunction) we have from Him: that he who loves God shall love his brother [[j]believer] also.
20-21If anyone boasts, "I love God," and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won't love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can't see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both.
hope this helps you and your likes.

i am wondering why you have not bothered to tell me where you fellowship. i hope you read hebrews 10 :25 saying
[i][i]not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching[/i].
25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
25Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.

today is not judgement day. we all have 2nd changes. you have chance to change your holier than thou sanctimonious ways.

you will never acheive 000.1% of what these people have acheived.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by MadMax1(f): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2009
aisha2:

Nuhu Kwajafa,

Wonderful. Is this guy even on the list? Half the people there shouldn't be there ke.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by onyengbu1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2009
aisha2:

Nuhu Kwajafa,

If actually he exists, then he is my personal legend.

But, then again,
Where is Achebe.

For me the award goes to:
if {above post is true){
Nuhu Kwajafa is No. 1
}
else

my  list is:
1. Kanu
2. Achebe
3. Soyinka
4. Gani
5. Akunyili
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by gozzilla(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2009
Aisha that guy you put there send his name to NTA please. He is a real life Hero. note i said hero, for legend, well its a huge thing to be a legend.
A legend is not basically a very good or bad person, it is not a moral thing. I think it is best put in the contest of impact and influence. I guess thats why OBJ's name can be there.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by KunleOshob(m): 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
@JJYOU
Evidently you have a lot of love in you heart hence your penchant to insult does who are trying to correct your delusions in love. I never exppressed hatred for any of these men as i don't know any of them personally but as a christian if i see fellow brethen being taken advatage of thru scriptural manipulation and i just keep queit and watch without telling them the truth i won't have done my christian duty and i won't have shown them love. i decide to stand on the side of truth/ word of God and not on the side of men twisitng God's word for the sake of filthy lucre. I also pray that God would reveal himself to these pastors and they would repent from their evil ways.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by BigB11(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2009
@KunleOsho:
You may have a point there.

Personally, I try my best not to get involved in castigating the men of God, even when they are wrong it is still important for one to be prudent.

What exactly is the purpose of this private jet?
Is this the right time in Nigeria for a man of God to purchase a private jet?
Where exactly are these funds coming from?

Jesus was never a fancy entity during his time, he was very humble and caring. I'm not sure if Jesus himself would have purchased a private jet when more than half of the members of the congregation are reaching or struggling to make ends meet.
And finally, I thought pastors supposed to emulate the incredible ways of Jesus; so, what is going on here?

Honestly, I'm very uncomfortable with this latest development (new private jet), if it is true. But if my post is a sin, I beg God for forgiveness.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2009
Big B1:

@KunleOsho:
You may have a point there.

Personally, I try my best not to get involved in castigating the men of God, even when they are wrong it is still important for one to be prudent.

What exactly is the purpose of this private jet?
Is this the right time in Nigeria for a man of God to purchase a private jet?
Where exactly are these funds coming from?

Jesus was never a fancy entity during his time, he was very humble and caring. I'm not sure if Jesus himself would have purchased a private jet when more than half of the members of the congregation are reaching or struggling to make ends meet.
And finally, I thought pastors supposed to emulate the incredible ways of Jesus; so, what is going on here?

Honestly, I'm very uncomfortable with this latest development (new private jet), if it is true. But if my post is a sin, I beg God for forgiveness.

So you want Nigeria's most popular priest to take risk in commercial airlines?
End up like Pastor Bimbo or the Sultan of Sokoto (very sad!) angry

As if the Pope in Vatican doesn't fly around in his aircraft.,.,.,humble my foot
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by BigB11(m): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2009
End up like Pastor Bimbo or the Sultan of Sokoto (very sad!)

As if the Pope in Vatican doesn't fly around in his aircraft.,.,.,humble my foot
First, are the members flying on a private jet? I thought Jesus said everyone (members and pastors) was equal in the eyes of God.
If the members are flying around Nigeria on Okada, I'm sorry to say that it doesn't sit or look right in Nigeria (at this time) for a pastor to be purchasing private jet.

Second, Pope doesn't live in Nigeria, where 85% of the population are struggling on a regular to eat twice a day. Therefore, it is absolutely senseless to bring Pope into this discussion.

And finally, what is wrong with you?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by BigB11(m): 5:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
With a solid faith that God is in control, I think pastor shouldn't be afraid to take risk in commercial airlines
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by doyin13(m): 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2009
Big B1

sorry to butt in with an unrelated matter. . .but what is ur take on this.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-246811.0.html

Please contribute
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by onyengbu1(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

End up like Pastor Bimbo or the Sultan of Sokoto (very sad!) angry

they don finally carry pope enter this issue.

i know say e go happen.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Mowire: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU. I think you should leave Kunle alone. I fear the guy is just a name dropper and not a Xtian. He probably feels that because he can read the bible and reason out his own interpretation that makes him a xtian.

He is a PDP man, from the tone of his postsshocked
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by DRANOEL(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2009
WE BEG THE RICH TO HELP THE POOR
• An NGO and its service to humanity
Monday, August 6, 2007
• Mr. Nuhu Kwajafa presenting N150.000 cheque to Mrs. Charity Satu, mother of Chris Rock, the baby born without anus
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* Mores Stories on This Section

He is the founder and national Coordinator of Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care, (GIPLC) a humanitarian non-governmental organisation (NGO) that is out to serve the needy, restore hope to the hopeless and provide succour to the neglected in the society.

According to Nuhu Kwajafa, GIPLC, though barely one year, operates with only seven members, and has so far provided relief to some children and women with different kind of sicknesses, and victims of natural circumstances across the country.

In all, Kwajafa said the NGO has picked the medical bills of about six of these categories of people with pathetic and critical ailments. Such cases he disclosed include: Master Ebuka Anene who was operated upon for an eye tumour, Miss Perpetua with fibroid; Rev Sister Mercy, Ibrahim Aguba who was also operated upon for a strange growth at the back of his neck. Others he stated are, Jumoke who was born without anus and the latest one of Master Chris Rock Satu also born without anus who is to undergo surgical operation at the National Hospital, in Abuja.

Presenting the cheque of N160, 000 to Master Martins Satu Rock in Abuja recently, Kwajafa urged banks to come into partnership with his NGO to help save the lives of the less privileged in the society as part of their corporate social responsibility.

"All we need from them is to pick the hospital bills of our patients, and also to take care of our operational logistics as a humanitarian organisation because we are out to work and serve the needy.”

Asked how the organisation launches its campaign to raise funds to enable it respond to the needy, Kwajafa explained, "The first case we had was the one of Ebuka who was born with eye tumour and needed N403, 000 to undergo an operation. We started meeting people and soliciting for assistance in whatever form from them to be able to save Ebuka’s life.

We were able to raise N445, 000 and this was done within 24 hours. This was an indication that people were responding positively. Then we had the case of Perpetua, God was also faithful to us we were able to realize the required amount for her hospital bill in just one day. For Rev Sister Mercy, she needed N130, 000 but we got N140, 000 for her.”

According to Kwajafa, "to give authenticity and credibility to what we are doing, we don’t really request for money to be given to us but we solicit for assistance for the treatment of the patient and people are convinced with what we are doing so they write the cheques for amounts they want to contribute in the name of the particular hospital the patient is being treated."

Aside sourcing funds to cater for medical bills of the needy, the NGO, Kwajafa disclosed, has been supplying food items to six orphanage homes within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), since its inception early this year.

He also unveils its plan to launch Food- for- One Million-Nigerians project in Abuja to feed the orphans and almajiris in the cities of the country. The project he said will commence in the next two weeks.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by onyengbu1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2009

so?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by JJYOU: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2009
Mowire:

JJYOU. I think you should leave Kunle alone. I fear the guy is just a name dropper and not a Xtian. He probably feels that because he can read the bible and reason out his own interpretation that makes him a xtian.

He is a PDP man, from the tone of his postsshocked
thank you my brother.  he said he doesnt hate them.  i wonder what he would have said if he truly hated these men. from the tithe thread to this one it is obvious to the blind he hates these men deeply.  what a shame he manage to read the bible. i blame reinhard bonke and those evangelist that gives free bible for kunle tyoes.  may god help us from brethren like this.
KunleOshob:

@JJYOU
Evidently you have a lot of love in you heart hence your penchant to insult does who are trying to correct your delusions in love. I never exppressed hatred for any of these men as i don't know any of them personally but as a christian if i see fellow brethen being taken advatage of thru scriptural manipulation and i just keep queit and watch without telling them the truth i won't have done my christian duty and i won't have shown them love. i decide to stand on the side of truth/ word of God and not on the side of men twisitng God's word for the sake of filthy lucre. I also pray that God would reveal himself to these pastors and they would repent from their evil ways.
you are in league of of your own.  show me where i insulted you or your does.  you are a very slow poison. go spend time repenting and ask God to give you grace to be taught the word.  you do not know nothing other than your proud arrogant self.

christianity has a virtue called humility. try see how you will be benefit from it rather than this lovely i, me and myself religion you have created for yourself.  go to every psycriatic hospitals you will observe they are quoting one religious book or the other.

may God help you and flood your heart with the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by Baudex(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2009
See this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-248079.0.html
Conference freestyling,lets hear u spit.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by GettysBurg: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2009
I had said somewhere that HISTORY will put OBJ on its' good side. Someone here argued against it.

History always and only writes for itself, and the earlier we realise it, the better.

It has always been strange to me that we nigerians do not know how to rate performance. Obasanjo, (and i'm incurable here) was the best we ever had.

And he is a legend. The only rivals will be Fawehinmi, and of course W.F.Kumuyi.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by oderemo(m): 12:11am On Mar 16, 2009
It has always been strange to me that we nigerians do not know how to rate performance. Obasanjo, (and i'm incurable here) was the best we ever had.

if na joke stop am if no be joke stop am still. obj, plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by GettysBurg: 12:19am On Mar 16, 2009
@ Ode Remo,

yours truly is in no joking mood.

Watch it! OBJ hasnt been out 2 years, and we are all missing him. He is the biggest topic here already.

Hate him, love him, we cant just talking about him. U get my drift buddy?
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by oderemo(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2009
would have love to tackle the manna on a dark alley one on one if not for his member of various oghoni fraternity , you know what i mean he might do the david blaine thingy.
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by GettysBurg: 12:34am On Mar 16, 2009
Add to that his military pedigree! He could strangulate you, even at his age!
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by tnk24: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2009
I agree with the views expressed by pheesayo, gozzilla and kunleoshob on this subject and not the ones on religion. We all cannot have the same choice of people on that list

My Nomination?
Dr. Dora Akunyili
Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo (Rtd)
Nwankwo Kanu
David Dafinone
? ? ?
(The fifth will be known when the last five names are made public)

To those who do not agree with my choice sorry, this is my personal choice!

Mind you, the final five will only emerge through a voting process by the public
Re: Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends by kosovo(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2009
TOTAL RUBUISH,
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY LEGEND. not living, not dead.
for the fact that BABA's name was included, which obviously they had no choice,
then the list is wortless, plain, stupid, unassuming, and dumb!
A legend is not yet conceived. not now may soon. but never NOW.
Ridiculous and confused set of beings

what a waste!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Johnson Bamidele-Olawumi Hands-Over To Suleman Kazaure (photos) / NDDC To Move To Permanent Headquarters In 2018 / Oluremi Tinubu Returns To The Senate As She Wins Re Election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.