Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days (30711 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths / Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group / Pipeline Bombing: FG Directs Ijaw Communities To Hand Over Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Utchgirl(f): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2015
trueteller:
May you remain at the top for ever, amen. This press briefing is a very coded one. What I am making out of it is that this whole thing is aiming at the fabricated and highly rated Buhari. The praises from the apc and the corners of her friends has made Buhari to become a double edge sword that can cut down others freely without any other ways available to recover justice. Buhari is fast becoming damn too much for others to go near. Therefore, any group who feels otherwise can as well take to any method available to him so as to recover justice. Very shortly, the entire thing will be opened for the entire world to see. There we go.

Amen 2 ur prayer and U 2 !

U get d gist wella.

Only d clever ones can understand wht they mean.

We r watching all of dem codedly 2.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by bros856: 9:34am On Jul 21, 2015
When the Multi nationals oil companies quit your communities then what next, you start drilling the oil yourself. The Oil will become a waste product that will in turn affect your communities and you will start call on Buhari to come rescue your mess and spend Nigerian money on spillage. Nigeria should always stop and think. Can't we do something else apart from yellling for oil money. We are becoming too lazy because of this oil thing. You start fighting for the communities now, the moment the benefits comes few people become billionaires like Tompolo and Teke, Asari and the rest will start fighting for another set to still become billionaire but communities remain the same no environment development, no change. Jonathan gave Ijaws all the opportunities in like so why should one be talking about development in Ijaw communities again. Ask your few over night billionaires not the companies. STOP THE FIGHT AND CHECK YOU CAN CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF THE PRESENT OF THIS MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES INSTEAD OF TREATENING THEM.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
barca if that money is released would it be used to develop the niger delta as claimed by the agitators?...are they sincere peoples?..are they not still the same old thieves who have been receiving monies from the past government?...
Bro, the money for DESOPADEC is their right and not a privilege. It is covered by the DESOPADEC Act of Delta state. The DESOPaDEC like NDDC have board members that manages this money. It is an intervention Agency on behalf of the Oil Producing communities in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by papaejima1: 9:38am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:

No! cheesy
Chai, see stingy grin
Aswear even PMB hand open pass ur own
grin
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, the money for DESOPADEC is their right and not a privilege. It is covered by the DESOPADEC Act of Delta state. The DESOPaDEC like NDDC have board members that manages this money. It is an intervention Agency on behalf of the Oil Producing communities in Delta state.
and my concern is if this money would be used judiciously to develop the communities?...that is my worry..thats all i want to know...our own leaders have messed us up...
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by betty202020(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:
^^^
Jonathan is the cause of this nonsense.

Btw, they will know soon enough that this new government is not a government of laxity. We are waitingsmiley
u are talking as if buhari exhales everybody dies. u mumu too much. we will contribute to cripple the economy by blowing up the pipes.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
and my concern is if this money would be used judiciously to develop the communities?...that is my worry..thats all i want to know...our own leaders have messed us up...
That should be the question for the DESOPADEC's management.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2015
betty202020:
u are talking as if buhari exhales everybody dies. u mumu too much. we will contribute to cripple the economy by blowing up the pipes.
they overhype the man from Daura too much

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by bros856: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2015
My Stake is this, When the Multi nationals oil companies quit your communities then what next, you start drilling the oil yourself. The Oil will become a waste product that will in turn affect your communities and you will start call on Buhari to come rescue your mess and spend Nigerian money on spillage. Nigeria should always stop and think. Can't we do something else apart from yellling for oil money. We are becoming too lazy because of this oil thing. You start fighting for the communities now, the moment the benefits comes few people become billionaires like Tompolo and Teke, Asari and the rest will start fighting for another set to still become billionaire but communities remain the same no environment development, no change. Jonathan gave Ijaws all the opportunities in like so why should one be talking about development in Ijaw communities again. Ask your few over night billionaires not the companies. STOP THE FIGHT AND CHECK YOU CAN CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF THE PRESENT OF THIS MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES INSTEAD OF TREATENING THEM.
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nicepoker(m): 9:54am On Jul 21, 2015
AnyibestDede:
God pls dry up this oil in nigeria and let us have peace.
Put an Amen to that let's see how serious u are
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by emmanuelibeh111(m): 9:55am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:
^^^
Jonathan is the cause of this nonsense.

Btw, they will know soon enough that this new government is not a government of laxity. We are waitingsmiley

"Your new govt is not a govt of laxity,why hasn't he tackle the problem of Boko?"

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Obiwiz(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2015
ikrumalemonday:
Those preaching one Nigeria should come and advice us on what to do. Please we Deltan are waiting.
Well, when the opportunity to take that vintage step presented itself, majority of the south-south cowered. They refused self determination. They were made to believe that the South-east would swindle dem. They joined forces with evil forces to annihilate the voice of reason. Now their so-called sympathisers and guardians have been raping and milking their land whilst simultaneously not failing to harass and humiliate dia most noble sons at the slightest given opportunity. That's life for you. What goes around comes around

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by chrisblack: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2015
b3llo:
Is it the Oil that is making this people act sick! I now know that some people are not happy seeing Nigerians living in peace.
guy u correct die. They are asking for 300bn from where.while at the same time they are asking the multinationals who would eventualy provide the money interms of taxes and royalty to govt for the 13% derivation to leave.is this not stupidity at the lowest level?.this militants dont think
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by bros856: 10:06am On Jul 21, 2015
Jonathan did so much for Ijaw people but I think a few Ijaw people swallowed his effort and everything? It's time we hold them responsible because the next moment they will bring out our money and encourage our youth to go and fight for their benefits and they will stand out as group leaders to negotiate only for their benefits. Instead of asking for development of the oil communities during meetings with companies, they will settle for hughe contracts and the youths will still become their slaves working for them to pay them peaknuts waiting for another fight when it seems their contract is about to end. YOUTHS OF IJAW PLEASE WISE UP!!! This multinational companies present pays off more than a few people collecting contract. just check it out. STOP AND THINK.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 21, 2015
barcanista:
That should be the question for the DESOPADEC's management.
embarassed.....may we help ourselves...
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Jesusloveyou: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2015
barcanista:
they overhype the man from Daura too much
he has not even start, u already crying of witch hunting, just wait and see, if he is actually overhype

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by mumbasa: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2015
And later we Niger Deltans will complain that all the companies are running away to Lagos.

When will our people get small sense self and learn how to handle these matters without thuggery.
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by amanze15(m): 10:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Corruption has eaten up the nigerdelta community, scholarships. Royalties, grant loans name it, this companies spend millions of dollars to raise up the level of exposure for them, buh their youth either smoke weed and sleep with anything in skirts whine their chiefs take all the money from the oil companies and go buy up properties in asaba, warri and PH.....human nature is insatiable
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by abagoro(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2015
bros856:
Jonathan did so much for Ijaw people but I think a few Ijaw people swallowed his effort and everything? It's time we hold them responsible because the next moment they will bring out our money and encourage our youth to go and fight for their benefits and they will stand out as group leaders to negotiate only for their benefits. Instead of asking for development of the oil communities during meetings with companies, they will settle for hughe contracts and the youths will still become their slaves working for them to pay them peaknuts waiting for another fight when it seems their contract is about to end. YOUTHS OF IJAW PLEASE WISE UP!!! This multinational companies present pays off more than a few people collecting contract. just check it out. STOP AND THINK.

Well written. Empower the people and not select croonies. Jonathan did not do a lot for Ijaws like you insinuated. Go back to my posts when he was new in 2010 and read my priority for him. The 1st was to invest a lot in seaport at Bayelsa with a link highway to East-West road and attendant bridges. That alone will enpower a lot of youths and open up remote communities to the world. A man who gives you raw cash does not like you but a man who creates avenue for you to earn a living is your true friend.

2ndly I expected him encouraging loose autonomy of States that would pave way for semi-fiscal federalism.

Since he is out and none of that was done, I expect wise Ijaw leaders to demand a Seaport from Buhari government as a precursor to economic freedom.
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Revolva(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
All na waash notin go happen empty talks
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by ayobabas: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2015
UmuEri:
Ijaw communities give oil
multinationals 7 days to
vacate

Written by: Ebenezer Adurokiya-Warri
Ijaw communities of Diebiri, Egbema,
Gbaramatu, Iduwini, Ogbe-Ijoh, Ogulagha
and Kou kingdoms, in Delta State, have
given oil multinationals operating in their
territory seven days to vacate or face dire
consequences.

The Ijaw communities are hosts to flow-
stations and well heads operated by
Chevron Nigeria Ltd, Nigerian Petroleum
Development Company (NPDC), Neconde
Energy Ltd, Shell Development Petroleum
Company (SPDC) and Agip.

In a press release signed by Comrade Sherif
Mulade and 20 other representatives of the
Ijaw kingdom, made available to the
Nigerian Tribune on Sunday, in Warri, the
communities called on foreign embassies to
advise their nationals in the Ijaw territories
to vacate their personnel and contractors as
their safety would no longer be guaranteed.
The Ijaw communities also called on the
Delta State government to release N300
billion owed the Delta State Oil Producing
Development Commission (DESOPADEC)
meant for the development of the
communities.

According to the statement, the ongoing
hearing of the DESOPADEC amendment bill
at the state House of Assembly is a keg of
gunpowder with devastating consequences
if not discontinued.
“Having carefully and painstakingly studied
the executive bill at the floor of the Delta
State House of Assembly on the proposed
DESOPADEC Amendment Bill, we, in strong
terms, condemn and reject the bill in its
entirety as it seeks to rip us off of the 13 per
cent derivation fund given to the oil and gas
producing communities in the state.
“The bill is inimical to the principle of
derivation and insensitive to the
peculiarities of the oil-producing
communities.

“Therefore, we will not fold our arms and
watch the Delta State government to take
away our economic and political right by
way of politicising the 13 per cent derivation
fund meant to develop our communities
through DESOPADEC,” the statement read in
part.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ijaw-communities-give-oil-multinationals-7-days-vacate

Desperado making usual noises.
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by lexy2014: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2015
Rapunzel001:
Sometimes I wonder if this crude oil has so far been more of a curse than a blessing to dis Niger Delta Region
Btw, what sin have dis oil multinationals committed dat they have been told to vacate? environmental pollution?
Bros its all about money. These guys want 2 start their own hustle so that when they start d kidnappings again, they will say "we warned u". All these guys no how 2do is 2 vent their anger on oil companies instead of demanding 4 accountability from their political and community leaders. If they have a problem they threaten oil companies instead of their govts and political representatives so that money keeps entering a few pockets
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
embarassed.....may we help ourselves...
Sure..
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by atlwireles: 11:43am On Jul 21, 2015
Okowa wants to amend the bill to streamline the administrative cost of the agency, but he failed to carry the communities along. Unfortunately, that will not be possible in Delta state. I will advice him to drop this matter asap. This a political nuclear bomb in delta state, nobody messes with DESOPADEC.
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by naso2(m): 11:52am On Jul 21, 2015
people are just commenting and talking trash.

while I want things to be settled amicably , I want to say people need to be reminded that any attempt to use brute force like some said, use jet fighters to decimate communities in Ijaw Land may just signal the final collapse of the economy.

Once there is unrest , the oil companies will "take cover" irrespective of the side with major casualties and the economy suffers , especially now that the oil market seem flooded and a lot of buyers have reasonable alternatives.

If with the current encouraging daily output , we are struggling to pay salaries, what happens , when this output is halved ? think

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
IGBOS ARE WATCHING.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Change2015(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
otokx:
Is their brother an ijaw man not the deputy governor and part of the government? Did they not vote in the present government? Why are they now complaining?

I just tire for all this foolishness. Abi they want Jonathan for governor?
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Ghost01(m): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Little wonder why there's little investment outside oil (and oil-related investments) in these areas. Why not channel these agitations/strength into more productive areas?
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by lexy2014: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
abagoro:

Well written. Empower the people and not select croonies. Jonathan did not do a lot for Ijaws like you insinuated. Go back to my posts when he was new in 2010 and read my priority for him. The 1st was to invest a lot in seaport at Bayelsa with a link highway to East-West road and attendant bridges. That alone will enpower a lot of youths and open up remote communities to the world. A man who gives you raw cash does not like you but a man who creates avenue for you to earn a living is your true friend.

2ndly I expected him encouraging loose autonomy of States that would pave way for semi-fiscal federalism.

Since he is out and none of that was done, I expect wise Ijaw leaders to demand a Seaport from Buhari government as a precursor to economic freedom.
your assessment of d situation is excellent but I don't agree with u that jonathan should have done this or that 4 ijaws. That isn't true federalism in practice. GEJ was d president of nigeria not ijaws. If d ijaws wanted a sea port, they should have gone thru their state govt and their legislators afterall what's their job? That's how we practise federalism. There's 2 much pressure on d presidency. D distraction is 2 much

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by sylve11: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dhammyjhay:

Ignorance sha...
Biko enlighten me on how oil relates to the afforementioned problems...

abeg forget that guy.

@ op, if u see the amendment bill that is passing it readings, u'd know the reason why they are acting this way. cool
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by sylve11: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
ayobabas:

Desperado making usual noises.

I just dislike most people in this forum from their inability to find out the cause to every action before spewing thrash. gosh embarassed cool
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Farkson(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Suffering frm too much weed(SK) and kainkan(ogogoro). Be advise, this is not era of ur clueless bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Yalwaji Sakwa And His Driver Die In Motor Accident (photo) / RESIDENCY CARD: Ondo Breaks New Ground / Nigerians Won't Bother About A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Bashir Ahmad Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.