Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

The People Of Opobo–nkoro - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The People Of Opobo–nkoro (8231 Views)

"INEC Officials Caught In Opobo Writing Results For APC"- UnitedRiversReporters / Photos: Opopo Nkoro PDP Party Chairman Receives Over 300 APC Decampes Yesterday. / Even Senator Magnus Abe Knows That Opobo/nkoro People Are Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The People Of Opobo–nkoro by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 29, 2020
Leave Nkoro out of it, they are Ijaw people related to Wakirike (Okrika) though okrika don't hear them when they speak,they (Nkoro) understand okrika perfectly

Okrika n Nkoro are IGBO
Re: The People Of Opobo–nkoro by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2020
mrvitalis:
Opobo's are not igbos please. ... . Both them and bonney just use igbo as a lingua franca. ... There tribe are a descendent of the Iraq trib called igbani... . But they lost there language long ago but now are trying to bring it bacj

Iraq? grin
Re: The People Of Opobo–nkoro by ahaz: 10:11am On Mar 29, 2020
If an Opobo man does not bear any of these surnames:

Jaja
Peterside
Dappa
Epelle
Pepple
Uranta
Cookey
Strong face
Ogolo

then he isn't Opobo.
this is the idiotic self denial someone just mentioned..Peter side,strong face,..are all traditional African names to you abi?..you get sense.
Re: The People Of Opobo–nkoro by SlyCharlie(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2020

Even a primary school child knows those names are not igbo, consult your archives are show me where those names where adulterated from or show me how these alternatives you have provided mean the same thing in Ndoki dialect....all these half baked historians on nairaland, they are either illiterate ipob members or just plain liars
If I called you an imbe.cile, I would be doing you a favour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll Consult Wide Before Approving ECOWAS-EU Free Trade Deal—buhari / External Reserves Rise By $1bn In Two Weeks / We’re Ready To Resume Petrol Importation - Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.