Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Engagement Without Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Engagement Without Ring (859 Views)

#3Billion Engagement Ring, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / Elderly Couple Whose Engagement Photos Went Viral Are Married! / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engagement Without Ring by evagreenbabe(f): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2015
My b'day was coming up and I was anxious to know the gift my boyfriend would give me,he kept telling me not to worry that I would get the best gift ever
The day finally came and we were watching movie with a friend of his in his sitting room,when all of a sudden,he paused the movie knelt down and asked me those four sweet words"will you marry me".I closed my eyes and stretched out my fingers screaming yes
15seconds later,my eyes were still shut but no ring,I opened them and looked at him,he started blabbing about how engagement of the heart is far better than wearing a ring around.though I smiled to him but should I have said no?Is engagement without ring proper?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engagement Without Ring by INTROVERT(f): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Yepa...

With or without ring, I think the intentions have been made clear although it wasn't a planned proposal. At least the ring should appear the following day.

So give us the complete gist. Has the ring come since that day. Or has he proposed PROPERLY this time.
Re: Engagement Without Ring by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2015
This sounds like a cop-out. Did he at least get you a gift for your birthday? I suspect that he might have forgotten to get you a gift & to cover it up/shut you up/distract you, he came up with the bogus engagement that involves an imaginary ring. Where the ring at? And how long ago was this?

Personally I believe in tangible proof. Don't care for words without something solid to back them up. Therefore, I wouldn't consider the engagement real until I have something big & shiny on my finger grin

2 Likes

Re: Engagement Without Ring by Houseofglam7(f): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2015
This has gotta be some sort of joke!

When exactly did this happen?
The 1st of April
Re: Engagement Without Ring by jmoore(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Is engagement ring a prerequisite for marriage?

That's how some of your girls become "Queens of the ring".

2 Likes

Re: Engagement Without Ring by horexy(f): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2015
Engagement with or without ring depends on d parties involved...
If u are cool wit his method of proposal, no p, afterall, d koko is d marriage.
As for me, ring is a must o...it makes d whole proposal ish more romantic...dropping on one knee....bringing out d shiny rock...sliding it on my middle finger...me grinning from ear to ear...pple cheering us...*daydreaming*
Re: Engagement Without Ring by evagreenbabe(f): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
PunkyVeer:
This sounds like a cop-out. Did he at least get you a gift for your birthday? I suspect that he might have forgotten to get you a gift & to cover it up/shut you up/distract you, he came up with the bogus engagement that involves an imaginary ring. Where the ring at? And how long ago was this?

Personally I believe in tangible proof. Don't care for words without something solid to back them up. Therefore, I wouldn't consider the engagement real until I have something big & shiny on my finger grin
you are so on point,so what would you do if you are in my shoes

1 Like

Re: Engagement Without Ring by evagreenbabe(f): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
horexy:
Engagement with or without ring depends on d parties involved...
If u are cool wit his method of proposal, no p, afterall, d koko is d marriage.
As for me, ring is a must o...it makes d whole proposal ish more romantic...dropping on one knee....bringing out d shiny rock...sliding it on my middle finger...me grinning from ear to ear...pple cheering us...*daydreaming*
Am not cool with it o,I love him but just don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: Engagement Without Ring by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
evagreenbabe:

you are so on point,so what would you do if you are in my shoes

I don't know what to say. I guess it depends on where things are at between you two. Does he mention any plans about either getting you a real ring or proposing to you in a proper way with family & friends in attendance? That should be his next step if he meant it imo. To try make it up to you & do things right. You just can't be "engaged" in word alone. It smells kind of fishy.
Re: Engagement Without Ring by teddybear007(f): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
What is it with dis ring of a thing to ladies? I bet is jst to show off and nothing more. I guess u should be more concerned if his serious at all or he is jst telling u what u want to hear.

As for me i told my hubby i dnt need ur f...king ring but wenever u think u re ready jst tell me u wanna meet my parents, den i will know u re serious. The kind wedding ring no dey even gree me wear sef.

My dear forget d ring, ask him wen will he be ready to meet ur parents offically, i guess dat shouldbe d main thing and not the ring tingy. Gracias
Re: Engagement Without Ring by evagreenbabe(f): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
teddybear007:
What is it with dis ring of a thing to ladies? I bet is jst to show off and nothing more. I guess u should be more concerned if his serious at all or he is jst telling u what u want to hear.

As for me i told my hubby i dnt need ur f...king ring but wenever u think u re ready jst tell me u wanna meet my parents, den i will know u re serious. The kind wedding ring no dey even gree me wear sef.

My dear forget d ring, ask him wen will he be ready to meet ur parents offically, i guess dat shouldbe d main thing and not the ring tingy. Gracias
I will bring it up and see his next reaction.thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Engagement Without Ring by evagreenbabe(f): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
thanks to everyone who contributed,may God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Engagement Without Ring by Gurgle(f): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
The ring doesn't matter at all

Some people wear rings for years and years with nothing to show for it

When he comes to meet your parents, starts trying to get close to your brothers and sisters, and starts looking for a house to install you in then you will know he is serious

HML
Re: Engagement Without Ring by freecocoahubby(m): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
[deleted]
Re: Engagement Without Ring by naijaboiy: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mtcheeew! undecided
Re: Engagement Without Ring by akosh005: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
Op, nothing in dis world comes New...... everything is possible. just accept ur faith and appreciate ur guy
Re: Engagement Without Ring by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Its not proper.. What if u guys later fight?

(1) (Reply)

Ok This Statement Got Me. / Please Help!! Am In Love With A Woman That Is 10years Older Than Me / Please I Need An Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.