Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch (764 Views)

Photos of Multiple Bomb Blast in Muna Garage, Maiduguri, Borno state / Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Multiple Bomb Blasts Kill Many In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by rozayx5(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2015

No fewer than 40 persons were feared killed on Wednesday evening in Gombe State following three-bomb explosions at two bus station in the state.

Eyewitnesses told AFP that the first two explosions occurred at about 7pm at Dadin-Kowa Motor Park, the busiest bus station in the state.

The blasts suspected to be from Improvised Explosive Devices were said to have occurred minutes apart.

The third blast occurred about two hours later at Tashan Dukku Motor Park.

Sources said there was pandemonium as residents went searching in hospitals for their loved ones.

The Police Public Relations in the Gombe State, Fwaje Atajiri, confirmed the attack to The Cable but said the fatality figure had yet to be confirmed.

He added that the police had cordoned off the areas to prevent hoodlums from looting in the areas.

Atajiri “It is true that there were bomb attacks in the motor park but the casualty figure is not yet known. The injured have been taken to the hospital and the area has been cordoned off to prevent hoodlums from taking advantage of the situation to loot people’s property.”

Meanwhile, the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party under the aegis of PDP Governors’ Forum on Wednesday night in Abuja expressed concerns over the current spate of Boko Haram attacks in the North-East and asked the military to wake up.

The governors, after their meeting, expressed concerns that in spite of the security measures by the Armed Forces, the sect seems to be intensifying its attacks.

The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues, said even as they met, the Governor of Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo, received a call over another attack in his state.

Emmanuel, while calling on the country’s Armed Forces to step up their operations, also lamented the state of the Internally Displaced Persons.

He said, “We actually call on the Armed Forces to step up their security measures to see how they can stem the tide of this menace.

“It’s really a thing of concern to the PDP government that in spite of all the efforts in the Armed Forces these guys are still proving to be more formidable.”

Copyright PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/multiple-explosions-kill-40-in-gombe/
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Demmocrats(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2015
Its only prayers that can save this country.
www.
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by rozayx5(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2015
please can someone tell Buhari to get his azzz back here before this country collapses
America cannot help us. America have never helped anyone combat terrorism
they created terrorism to sell weapons ans create jobs in the US .

7days from now . it will be 2 months without a govt
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by kingarizona1(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Demmocrats:

Are u Introvert's brother?
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by donholy28(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm more bombings everyday....its alright...we re winning
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by eleko1: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2015
sad Amnesty International are blind,deaf/dumb now sad. RIP to d dead sad embarassed embarassed
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2015
And the old guy is somewhere drinking tea with Obama
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by kossyablaze(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2015
So sad...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by PPAngel(f): 7:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Good.
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by PPAngel(f): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2015
eleko1:
sad Amnesty International are blind,deaf/dumb now sad. RIP to d dead sad embarassed embarassed

Amnesty Int'l was founded by Lucis Trust.

Google Lucis Trust and follow the rabbit hole
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by megawax8: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2015
I weep.

Say a prayer for this nation today
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by princefunmmy(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2015
RIPto the dead. We Nigerians run our mouths too much. When was the last time you prayed for this country? If we can't trust the Government, can't we trust God?... #God, fighting battles since the beginning with no record of defeat!
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by merbenko: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2015
God have mercy. Where is ANPC President the poster above me should me with BABA GO SLOW phone digit I want to inform him the recent trauma
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by DeNoble1(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Emekamex(m): 7:18am On Jul 23, 2015
I won't be surprised by seeing zombies praising Buhari after this.

Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2015
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

1 Like

Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2015
I don't know what PMB is still doing in the US because Obama his host has travelled to kenya. He left us with a Fitness coach and a Snake charmer while BH reigns supreme
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.
Nobody takes you serious because of your confusion is ingrained in your DNA. Today you preach One Nigeria Tomorrow you support Biafra
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Nobody takes you serious because of your confusion is ingrained in your DNA. Today you preach One Nigeria Tomorrow you support Biafra

I don't give a damn who takes me serious and who does not...I have said many times that I support a united Nigeria but one where there is fairness & justice. Barcanista did a wonderful thread sometime ago to properly drive home this point. Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly accepted in Nigeria, simple.

Se Barcanista's thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2287684/political-inequality-nigeria

1 Like

Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by Agimor(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
Everyone is lambasting Buhari like he's a Commado abi na Jackie Chan.
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2015
Smh for dulla-rd
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by worthytalk: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
We(BH) are winning- Buhari
How many people do Buhari want to kill before he die? Thank God it is the change advocate states that are on receiving end.
Buhari is a terrorist- el rufai
Buhari is a pedophile - Aisha
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by hinwazaka: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2015
hinwazaka:
The multinational joint task force which was originally the brainchild of the previous administration will unfortunately be a joke under the present government. The very obvious reason is that the dreaded Boko Haram have changed tactics and cut their losses Under the previous administration the MJTF were combating visible targets who had drawn their forces too wide. But now they have gone into the shadows and are now using a guerilla strategy. If you research the Vietnam- France war you will see what a guerilla army can do to a conventional army. We are about to witness a carnage like no other. This will go down as the biggest goof in military strategy history. The APC are walking straight into a trap and they just don't know it
Re: 40 Dead In Gombe Multiple Bomb Blasts-punch by hinwazaka: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=hinwazaka:
This is a reminder for all the fans of our new found partnership with Obama's America
Obama's greatest hits
* The stimulus didn't stimulate
Obama was elected in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and his first big act in office was to sign a gargantuan package of stimulus spending financed entirely with debt that was supposed to jump start the economy. After congress voted it into law, the money which was meant for shovel ready projects failed to yield fruit
* Obamacare brouhaha
When obama care was passed people were assured it would provide insurance for 32 million people who didn't have coverage. Years on it has covered far fewer people than expected, a poor number between 10% and 20% of what was promised
* Lack of a realistic immigration policy
He failed to draft a realistic immigration plan and only ended up annoying the right, left and centre
* The fall of the Iraq quest
He was so determined to shore up Goodwill he prematurely withdrew their forces, and completely ignored the terrorist threat which was emerging. The price of that mistake was the establishment of ISIS
* The joke of the Arab spring
After the Arab toppling of long time dictators, Obama refused to act fast and stagnated on Egypt with the result of everyone in Egypt now hating him and the military dictator now aligning with Russia in a show of insult to America
* He has made America irrelevant
Due to his lethargic and indecisive nature he has thrown the global respect for America out of the window
Let's not forget the Benghazi issue, the downplaying of Boko Haram, the Russia/ Ukraine issue, the Syrian/US congress- US executive standoff and also the historical congress lockdown . Its quite obvious that both Obama and Buhari have a lot in common and so this is a marriage made in heaven. Happy married life to the couple
post=36178928][/quote] Now you see why I typed the aforementioned. Every government which aligned with Obama paid the ultimate price. In 2018 watch as Buhari and the APC will be torn into shreds

(1) (Reply)

The Northernization Of Nigeria Agenda By Pa Buhari / Kaduna Begins Demolition Of Structures On Govt Land / If u are from Rivers, Delta,Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, Abia, Imo, Cross Rivers,Edo,Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.