Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Advice Needed Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed Please (1488 Views)

Could This Be A Spiritual Problem???ur Opinion Needed Please.... / Guys Your Advise Is Highly Needed Please See This Photo / Guys Your Sincere Advise Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by ILOEGBE(f): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2006
HI,
FELLOW NIARALANDERS I NEED YOUR ADVICE.
I AM A YOUNG LADY STILL IN HER TWENTIES, AS AT LAST YEAR FEBUARY I DID MY COURT WEDDING JUST BEFORE MY HUSBAND TRAVELLED TO THE UK FOR HIS MBA. HE ACTUALLY CAJOLED ME INTO DOING THE WEDDING BECAUSE I WAS SCARED HE WOULD FORGET ABOUT ME AND I DIDNT WANT TO BE TIED DOWN. AT FIRST HE WAS THIS CARING MAN AND I BELIEVED THAT ALL WAS GOING TO BE WELL. BUT AS FROM NOVEMBER LAST YEAR HE STARTED BEHAVING FUNNY, HE STOPPED CALLING LIKE HE USED TO AND WHEN EVER I VISIT HIS FAMILY THEY TELL ME THAT HE HASNT CALLED THEM. RIGHT NOW I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM FOR OVER 8 MONTHS. BUT I KNOW HE IS OK BECAUSE SOMEONE SAW HIM IN LONDON.
I AM SO CONFUSED AND IT PAINS ME THAT THINGS LIKE THIS STILL HAPPEN. I THOT HE WOULD BE DIFFERENT BECAUSE HE PROMISED ME THAT HE WOULD NEVA DO SUCH A THING. HE HAS CHANGED HIS NUMBER AND ADDRESS, HE DOSEN'T REPLY MY EMAILS ANYMORE.
PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE, I KNOW THAT IF HE COMES BACK I MIGHT TAKE HIM BACK BECAUSE I LOVE HIM BUT MY HEAD IS TELLING ME TO MOVE ON. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?
Re: Advice Needed Please by goldmay(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2006
Hi you just need to get wiser and marriage is a lifetime commitment good or bad, so stay put and keep praying
Re: Advice Needed Please by Douzy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2006
Why not get in touch with the person that saw him at London to see if s/he would be able to get you speak to him somehow?
Re: Advice Needed Please by neelsel(f): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2006
Ummm> There is something "fishy" about this whole situation, on the other hand it was for better or worse. Well I suggest you demand some answers first from him, if you can't reach him bombard his parents. Also as someone suggested maybe try soliciting information from the person who told you they saw him. Best of Luck,
Re: Advice Needed Please by kiki(f): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2006
gurl y did u get married to him before he left u should had let him come back 4 yall start the marriage stuff so stuff like this will not happen and wen it does u can move on but now u are married to him and he forgot about u> u got urself in a situation where alot of things is going thro ur head about wat he is doing. well if u move on now its like u commitin adultry damn i don't even know wat to say about that to u but just follow ur heart damn men are, lipsrsealed imma just be quite but gurl y did u get married to him got married? that is d mistake rite there like i said before u should a let him come back
Re: Advice Needed Please by kokoletz(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2006
Felt for you girl. Just wnt you to knw dt nt all men are bad, or are u d one dt forced him into the marriage and if nt you try and make friend wit any of his family so as to get d fact so dt u can move on wit ur life dear.
Re: Advice Needed Please by khadeesha(f): 3:31am On Sep 27, 2006
Don't worry about someone who ain't worried about you. He changed his number it's obvious his not concern.
Re: Advice Needed Please by segun111(m): 3:44am On Sep 27, 2006
ILO, what is done is done, you have married him so you have the right to know why he changed his number and address by confronting his parent at home, then find a way to go over to UK or file for a divorce which I think you are not ready to do, so get yourself ready to travel abroad say UK to search for him. But his parents would be my first start, they are your in-laws and you have the right to know where he is.
Re: Advice Needed Please by HH(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2006
this isnt funny at all. try not 2 take a rash decision. you need a very thorough meeting with his family and you may have 2 go with your guardian.as a matter of fact you belong to his family except they ask you out. dont do anything funny so they dont have an escuse.get it sorted out, life has no definition
Re: Advice Needed Please by Hotstepper(f): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2006
forget him and move on, he will be da loser
Re: Advice Needed Please by Coco29(f): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2006
hotstepper shocked u still here shocked
Re: Advice Needed Please by kokoletz(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2006
Dont say dt gee wat if d other way round.
Re: Advice Needed Please by desiree(f): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
He changed his number and address, doesn’t reply your e-mail. That can't be a good sign, but you need to be sure about what’s going on first before you move on. Ask his parent to get hold of him for you and talk. From the looks of things, he has found himself someone else.
Re: Advice Needed Please by lovestinks(f): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2006
girl i feel 4 u, its sad that u ve done this court wedding thing, london is not a place 4 a guy 2 be left alone at all, infact he will get snached from the airport with girls willing 2 help him out .the rate of desperation in london is high oh.takes the grace of god for a guy not to stray.am sure is probably shacked up with a girl.my advise go over to the UK if u can, cos no guy is worth putting your life on hold for, you have 2 know wats up and where u stand, good luck,
Re: Advice Needed Please by vbrown20(f): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2006
Babygal,so sory abt ur predicament,but remember the sayin 4 better for worse,abi,just keep prayin nd dont lose hope.I knw he is goin 2 kme back 2 you,there aint no good gals in uk,u knw,wish 4 the best nd ur guy wil b yours again

smiley
Re: Advice Needed Please by lovestinks(f): 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2006
vbrown20:

Babygal,so sory about your predicament,but remember the sayin 4 better for worse,abi,just keep prayin nd don't lose hope.I knw he is goin 2 kme back 2 you,there aint no good gals in uk,u knw,wish for the best nd your guy wil b yours again

smiley

hey girl i like your giving her advice and all but wat is this about there being no good girl in UK.thats not nice, on behalf of us girls in the UK i think you owe us an apology, cos its wrong to generalise/sterotype
Re: Advice Needed Please by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2006
your situation is really confusing undecided just hand everything into GOd's Hands
Re: Advice Needed Please by saintchux(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2006
[quote ]
PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE, I KNOW THAT IF HE COMES BACK I MIGHT TAKE HIM BACK BECAUSE I LOVE HIM BUT MY HEAD IS TELLING ME TO MOVE ON. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?

[quote][/quote]

I don't think you need our adice?
Re: Advice Needed Please by Bossman(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2006
Did I see someone say stay put? What a joke! You should head to the court or whereever and annul that marriage and start a new life my sister. The person you are supposedly married to has not called you in 8 months or so and changed is contact info without informing you. There is a good chance he has found somebody else. Geez! You sound a little naive though. Think about it, if he really loves you he should be in constant contact with you. it sure looks like he does not want you to be in contact with him I know love is blind blah  blah blah! But is sure is not that blind. There are just too many signs that indicate the fella has moved on.

You have whole lot of life ahead of you. Forget him (and his family)and move on with your life my sister.  Good luck!

PS. If there was a "betrayal" forum this will probably fit right in there too.
Re: Advice Needed Please by lovestinks(f): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2006
hey bossman, well said but whoa you sure know how to hit the nail on the head, am sure ur post will induce a few tears, though it will be good 4 her 2 just move on it wont be easy cos am sure her friends and family already think of her as married, will not be easy 4 her at all, lets face it our society is 2 judgemental, in other countries it easy but her whoa, its really a big step, my advice to her is that she try and get in touch with him be4 she does anything drastic.
Re: Advice Needed Please by mariamA3(f): 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2006
d best tin is 4 u 2 pray n fast abt it.
Re: Advice Needed Please by Coco29(f): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2006
mariam A:

d best tin is for you to pray n fast about it.
honey is that going to stop him, face fact he does not want you any more move on with ya life sista
Re: Advice Needed Please by mariamA3(f): 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2006
wats ur pros. is dat nt a gud advice
Re: Advice Needed Please by mariamA3(f): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2006
i guess u re so hw rite abt dat.
Re: Advice Needed Please by Coco29(f): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2006
this is about telling the truth if he cared (unless he is dead or in a hospital some where in a coma) he would have contacted her. She needs to see this be strong and move on, why should i suga coat it for her, she needs to hear the truth. wink
Re: Advice Needed Please by vbrown20(f): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2006
Hey lovestinks,i was not been stereotyped,ok,i knw i was not suppose 2 generalise,but my klose relation had a bad experience in the hands of london gals,wat else do u xpect we back home 2 tink?Am sorry if u were affected,k.kudos.keep up the good work. wink
Re: Advice Needed Please by omofineboy(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2006
hmmm, am sorry for that, you are wrong from the start and wrong throughout. from what you said I can deduce the following:

1. You are not really familiar with the family
2. You only did the court wedding which may have just few of your friends in attendance
3. You dont really know the guy
4. Cant see why the marriage took place in d first place

listen, the best wedding is court wedding, it is easy to go into and easy to come out. This guy doesnt love u a bit, one really need to know circustances that surrounded your marriage, Its either he married you to gain something or you did for same reason.

solution

Go back to his family, join hands with them to locate him if its true they dont know his whereabout, if u have the money go to UK as people suggested, if u cant get him file in divorce in the court stating those reasons and his family as your witness but I must add you need his family, they will help you out.
Re: Advice Needed Please by bodrin(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
i feel for u, dont be quick to make decision, go to d family let them tell u whats is going on since they know ur legally married to the their son,

they cant pretend to be unaware of his where about. get to the root of what matters is, he will come get u pregnant go back untill he disappears finally

then cry to ur God if he is truly ur husband he will come for u, if not worst shld happen and move on.

be careful of having a baby for him now until u are sure,

one of my church member had same experience, she got to uk meet another woman pregnant for her husband to be, grin grin grin thank God they have not gone far like u. hope both parent were present at the marriage and give their consent?

God will give u peace of mind

meeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!
Re: Advice Needed Please by Omolola1(f): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2010
Am really sorry about that

But marriage is for better for worse, you've already signed the dotted lines;
dont be in a haste to quit the marriage
he might have lost your number or something, try getting in touch with that person you said saw him in London
or better still, dont you have his email address, so you could send him a message

Dont be in a haste to quit, you never know he might just come back even before you know it.
If he comes back and you've already gotten married to someone else, what would be your excuse?
Please give him more time
Re: Advice Needed Please by LAGOS1976: 1:42am On Sep 03, 2010
strange time now.
Re: Advice Needed Please by double08(m): 2:03am On Sep 03, 2010
this is serious,obodo oyibo is evil

(1) (Reply)

Man's World Few Women Rule: The Man Or Woman Who Deserve The Pet. / Naija Brothas - don't say we never appreciate you / What Happens If Ur Grilfrnd Des Not Know How To Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.