Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,304 members, 7,846,353 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. (1176 Views)

Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Aisha Buhari Visit To America Is 2016 Best Scam. Photos / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Any Idea please?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Femolacaster(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2015
google is your friend
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2015
Which Google?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by hinwazaka: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2015
It was to shore up goodwill from the citizens back here in Nigeria by showing US approval of his regime. It was also to reignite the passion felt by his core supporters who have started drifting away. Also notice that anytime he wants to participate in any questionable financial transactions he drums up the "PDP Sleazy Past Corruption Campaign" (PSPCC). Connect the dots

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
hinwazaka:
It was to shore up goodwill from the citizens back here in Nigeria by showing US approval of his regime. It was also to reignite the passion felt by his core supporters who have started drifting away. Also notice that anytime he wants to participate in any questionable financial transactions he drums up the "PDP Sleazy Past Corruption Campaign" (PSPCC). Connect the dots
Lol.. bro u get d point... dat Buhari is an old thief...
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Xyg12: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
To Lodge in Blair's house and take selfies

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
He went to Amelika to waste our 2.2 Billion ... Na wao

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by baralatie(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
let us see
1,renew bilateral ties with the USA
2,solicit support for the return of "alleged #150billion dollars" lodging in u.s.a(which I doubt)
3.encourage FDI (not the main agenda though)
4.get increased funding for insurgency($2.1 billion world bank loan realised)
5.get new arm deal contract(us refused)
6.any other business(us wanted gay law Reversed,buhari disagrees)

implication!
1.leachy act
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Rose2014: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
To take a 30 year $2.1b loan to keep mortgaging Nigeria future generations

He's not ready to fight BH but he's taking $2.1b to rebuild what they've destroyed so far. cheesy
Then tomorrow, they'll destroy it again.
I still can't understand how people in their right senses voted for him.smh
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Splashme: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
OP, they just squandered our
$2.5b on a jamboree for no just course
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by olumuyiolaoluwa: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Xyg12:
To Lodge in Blair's house and take selfies
Hahahahahahaa bros you funny die.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
This is just a waste of time and resources because he came back empty handed
Splashme:
OP, they just squandered our
$2.5b on a jamboree for no just course
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by Comsol: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much, (inaudible). I’m very pleased to get this opportunity to thank the Secretary of State because his visit to Nigeria, which he’s just referred to, since his visit seemed like a friend to Nigeria. As the United States’ message sent to the previous administration was clean and clear that the United States would not accept anything extraconstitutional, that prepared the minds of Nigerians to back us and to arrive where we are today. Nigeria will remain very grateful to the United States, to the President, and to the Secretary of State. He saw the president then, he saw the chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, and he saw the opposition. And by the day, the United States maintained pressure on the government, the law enforcement agencies, and the election officials to make sure that the election was free and fair.

We thank God, we thank the United States, we thank technology for the introduction of a permanent voter’s card and reader cards made so much difference from previous elections. I thank you very much, Secretary. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen of the press.

SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much. Happy to see you.

SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you. We’re going to have a working lunch now. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by lunaticfringe: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Rose2014:

To take a 30 year $2.1b loan to keep mortgaging Nigeria future generations

He's not ready to fight BH but he's taking $2.1b to rebuild what they've destroyed so far. cheesy
Then tomorrow, they'll destroy it again.
I still can't understand how people in their right senses voted for him.smh

Whenever the campaign comes around we always are told youths are the leaders of tomorrow but then I ask who are the youths I ask this question cos of the point you raised... I like in particular the mortgaging part and our people will still sheepishly vote in another crook when the time comes...
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America. by lunaticfringe: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
We are waiting for femi Adesina to cook up another story for the gullible ones to swallow... As for me I think the man still have not gotten over the euphoria of becoming president and just wants to flaunt his new status...

(1) (Reply)

Dj Cuppy Goes Down Hard On Facebook Friends / hdhjd / Breaking News: President Buhari to become Oil Minister in the New Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.