Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

My Take On Buhari's 95% Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Buhari's 95% Video (2123 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
I just watched the clip.

What I can deduce from what buhari is saying is this;

POLITICS IS BUSINESS.

It should be about the people first But you can never rule out the business sides of politics.

You Don't give Nothing and expect everything.... politics is capitalist.

You Don't stand in the sun, get beaten, get abused, some even get killed for their candidates; and when this candidate wins, you expect him not to appreciate you and your region in a more special way than people that abused him, stoned him, and even threatened to kill him.

C'mon now we are all humans.

The naked truth is, There is no way buhari would not favour those that put their lives and limbs at risk to make sure he succeeds.

My one cent.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by timawoku(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
My thoughts exactly!

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
timawoku:
My thoughts exactly!
sometimes we should just tell ourselves the truth Bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by coolestrogue(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
All I can say is that, he doesn't think before he makes any statement. He comes out to say something, later he apologizes of re-trace his footsteps. He needs better media aides, to sharpen his half-dead brain, he needs men that can talk to him on how to handle press.
Even if you have such an intention, you don't voice it out, you try and be diplomatic in answering such questions.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
coolestrogue:
All I can say is that, he doesn't think before he makes any statement. He comes out to say something, later he apologizes of re-trace his footsteps. He needs better media aides, to sharpen his half-dead brain, he needs men that can talk to him on how to handle press.
Even if you have such an intention, you don't voice it out, you try and be diplomatic in answering such questions.

Did you watch the video till the end? he would give you Wailers what is constitutionally due you....and nothing more.

He has never made any statement that h retraced. If you think he has, show me.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by virus05(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:
I just watched the clip.

POLITICS IS BUSINESS.

It should be about the people first But you can never rule out the business sides of politics.

You Don't stand in the sun, get beaten, get abused, some even get killed for their candidates; and when this candidate wins, you expect him not to appreciate you and your region in a more special way than people that abused him, stoned him, and even threatened to kill him.

The naked truth is, There is no way buhari would not favour those that put their lives and limbs at risk to make sure he succeeds.

My one cent.
lying liar

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
virus05:

lying liar

onye oshi... you want to reap where u didn't sow. it doesn't work that way, broad.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by OkutaNla: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:
I just watched the clip.

POLITICS IS BUSINESS.

My one cent.

Nna, you make sense die. And for this your post you deserve 1 crate of Orijin. Maybe some people are expecting him to reward PDP opponents like FFK and Okupe Dem with ministerial positions, just the same way GEJ did ....NOT with the opposition during his tenure. It's a no-brainer really.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Jesusloveyou: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
coolestrogue:
it is u that can't understand what he meant, u can't read into his intention because of ur hatred, always looking for what to talk about

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Demdem2: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is my own take.............

Demdem2:
Ibos can go to hell.
I wonder why they should be expecting a "brain dead" person not to marginalize them.
They didnt sow right, yet they want to reap right? Instead they sowed hatred, they should reap calamity. Baba shouldnt allow these fools that dont even want him to succeed from the beginning to bully him.
Hopeless bigots.
I understand that there are exceptions though.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by PhockPhockMan: 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
This is my own take.............

Senseless as usual.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Demdem2: 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Senseless as usual.

who gives a ffuck about fuckfuckfool's opinion?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Senseless as usual.
last time I checked, it's still free.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
coolestrogue:
There's no need for you to be abusive here or display your hate on public domain. Buhari says it the way he sees it; live with it. he is sincere. he is not pretentious.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Senseless as usual.

I learnt something today that really shocked me. do you know that there are only 2 lawmakers from SE in HOR and they are both new members.

let's say APC even want to zone a position to the East, do you know that it can't be possible? because new members cannot take leadership positions.

So who marginalized who? I keep saying that my people do not know How to play politics.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by UniqueGem(m): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:
I just watched the clip.

POLITICS IS BUSINESS.

My one cent.
Stop Being emotional. If Buhari did not get 25% in many if not all of those states in the region he categorised as 5% region, he wouldn't have won.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by PhockPhockMan: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:

last time I checked, it's still free.
Last I checked, this is a violation of rule 2 according to Ishilove.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
UniqueGem:
Stop Being emotional. If Buhari did not get 25% in many if not all of those states in the region he categorised as 5% region, he wouldn't have won.

of course they would get something.... But you Don't expect to chop as the big boys that gave 75%.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by OkutaNla: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:

I learnt something today that really shocked me. do you know that there are only 2 lawmakers from SE in HOR and they are both new members.

let's say APC even want to zone a position to the East, do you know that it can't be possible? because new members cannot take leadership positions.

So who marginalized who? I keep saying that my people do not know How to play politics.

You didn't know that before? In fact, if an experienced senator from the SE like Ngige had been returned, the whole NA crises would have been avoided coz he would have naturally clinched SP. But alas, the entire region didn't elect one single APC senator, not even for strategic and special interest consideration, no.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by StOla: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
The president said what a sentimental and partial leader might do, and what his emotional supporters might expect.

However he goes on in the same response to say the constitution would not allow that and he his determined as constitution demands to be fair to everyone.

Why did this debate come up?
Simple answer is PDP.

Just like the needless debate on Obama's cabinet. At the end of that debate, even the critics provided evidence that showed the president was right about Obama not having his full cabinet many months after inauguration.

This is the trend we have to live with for the next 4 years.
How they expect it to slow down a president who is determined to expose the corruption of the past and send them to the jail that they're most deserving of, only time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Wailers sef... smh. even on Nairaland, you wail, in your bedroom you wail... when you wan crank sef you still wail.

How does an innocent picture abuse your tribe?
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:
The president said what a sentimental and partial leader might do, and what his emotional supporters might expect.

However he goes on in the same response to say the constitution would not allow that and he his determined as constitution demands to be fair to everyone.

Why did this debate come up?
Simple answer is PDP.

even If he wants to thread that part, he's justified nonetheless.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by UniqueGem(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:

even If he wants to thread that part, he's justified nonetheless.
Oga as a leader, it is not a justified action to deliberatly sideline any part you're presiding over. Like i said before, stop being Emotional.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by PhockPhockMan: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:

Wailers sef... smh. even on Nairaland, you wail, in your bedroom you wail... when you wan crank sef you still wail.

How does an innocent picture abuse your tribe?
Mtcheeeeeeeeww.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by jmoore(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
All APC supporters who support Buhari on that statement of his are either asslickers or illiterates or both.

I guess those who are to be excluded from his government won't pay tax too?
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
jmoore:
All APC supporters who support Buhari on that statement of his are either asslickers or illiterates or both.

he would give you what the constitution demands he gives you .....stop wailing.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Demdem2: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

fuckfuckfool, whatever u sow, u will reap. didn't ur mama teach u that?
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by ezeagu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:
I just watched the clip.

POLITICS IS BUSINESS.

My one cent.

This is just dumb Nigerian sense. The purpose of becoming a president is to lead your entire nation to success, this means you develop all parts of the country. You desire to become a president not to abuse power and rule over people as the country becomes your personal property, the country is not your personal property and elections are only there to hand over the obligation to whoever the majority deems fit, it's not a poll on who is "on your side" or who is "your people", as soon as you're president of a country all of its citizens are supposed to be under your watch. It's you obligation. Being a president is a hard job because it's (supposed to be) a selfless one. It's only in Nigeria I've heard this nonsense that it is fair to be partial to parts of a country when it is you job to do all you can as a president to lead the nation as a whole. Everything else people say is complete shit.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by Demdem2: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
jmoore:

ur constitutional rights wont be denied u so u have no reason not to pay ur tax.
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by jmoore(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
shachris02:

he would give you what the constitution demands he gives you .....stop wailing.
'Wailing' is now the national anthem of those who can't comprehend

Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by jmoore(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

ur constitutional rights wont be denied u so u have no reason not to pay ur tax.
You guys are same kind, just like Buhari with contradictory words. If the constitutional rights won't be denied, why say APC supporters will be treated better than others. Or is that in the constitution too?

smh
Re: My Take On Buhari's 95% Video by shachris02: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

This is just dumb Nigerian sense. The purpose of becoming a president is to lead your entire nation to success, this means you develop all part of the country. It's only in Nigeria I've heard this nonsense that it is fair to be partial to parts of a country when it is you job to do all you can as a president to lead the nation as a whole. Everything else people say is complete shit.

you must be really daft If you didn't know That's he's talking about appoinments. National policies is for all regions in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ajimobi / Former Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Loan Scandal, Runs To Court / Should New Calls For Biafra Worry Nigerians? BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.