Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) (45579 Views)

Boko Haram Member's Hand And Leg Chopped Off By Insurgents (Photos) / AirForce's "Love Letter" To Boko Haram Insurgents. Photo / The Suicide Belt Used By Boko Haram Insurgents - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Fadelex(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
ayd91:

Don't see anything funny there. The soldier could have left it there waiting for equipments that may never come. Call it getting the job done at whatever cost.

Our soldiers deserve better.
don't mind the him... always typing rubbish to downgrade our men while he will break world sprint record if a banger explodes in his environ. that is a mine explosives not bomb. it only takes a specialty to diffuse it regardless of protective gear or not.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Islie:

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/07/see-photo-of-nigerian-soldier-removing.html?m=1

quark old school soldier. Removing bomb without any safety/protection gear?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by koife(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
WTF is wrong with our military....how can any sane person go excavating explosive devices without proper gear. Is this not suicide?! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
koife:
WTF is wrong with our military....how can any sane person go excavating explosive devices without proper gear. Is this not suicide?! angry

Just wait till some folks quote you screaming PATRIOTISM!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
koife:

What else, if not suicide?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by airlord2020: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
I'm not teaching you professor. Guess u r black and nigerian too

dearpreye:

Bro, spare me all these lessons cos I'm not buying it at all. ..did you see the video? How does what happened across a street in Kaduna equate to improvising in a war front? He was alerted to a disaster and he simply walked his way to an unfortunate early grave.

Besides, I made a reference to the White serviceman because someone claimed a white police officer won't dare to do what the late officer did. Of xii re he won't dare.

Using bare hands to defuse a bomb equals a suicide mission. Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bros 4get, that bomb never chop well, even the soldier himsef and d guy taking the picture sef knw that one, but that not withstanding kudos 2 our soldiers
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
airlord2020:
I'm not teaching you professor. Guess u r black and nigerian too

Happily....But I won't jeopardise my life in a senseless show of patriotism...
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Gentlesniper(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Fadelex:

don't mind the him... always typing rubbish to downgrade our men while he will break world sprint record if a banger explodes in his environ. that is a mine explosives not bomb. it only takes a specialty to diffuse it regardless of protective gear or not.
thank you sir for taking your time to éxplain to Nairaland e-soldiers, most times I choose not to blame them. Once again, thanks on their behalf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by babadem2much(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
And someone posted that the Nigerian Army are not useful.
VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE
GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY MAY GOD DIVINE PROTECTION BE UPON U ALL as u continue to serve your Nation
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by loomer: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
No protection
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by airlord2020: 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Every body has opinion . I guess I reason differently as I'm not from your race or country. Cheers

dearpreye:

Happily....But I won't jeopardise my life in a senseless show of patriotism...
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
airlord2020:
Every body has opinion . I guess I reason differently as I'm not from your race or country. Cheers

Yeah. I agree. ...but I'm shocked at your kind of country that will label such acts as patriotic...SMH!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by airlord2020: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
My dear read well before replying, I wrote every one has his opinion and that I reason differently. Did you see where I wrote that in my country we diffuse bombs without gear. Pity pity.

dearpreye:

Yeah. I agree. ...but I'm shocked at your kind of country that will label such acts as patriotic...SMH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by jelal007(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
sunnyuche1:
hw e take concern me?

debunk Patrick leahy allegations then I will take u serious.
Fool. How e no take concern U? Buffoon. How many times has America violated human rights?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by penzino(m): 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, what that officer did in Kaduna and got blown to pieces wasn't in a any way an act of sacrifice and bravery; it was instead the greatest display of foolishness and emotionalism.

And then the one about whom this thread was created tried to defuse an dangerous device without full protective gear! That was another display of madness.
bro. Calm down and read my post again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by sunnyuche1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
jelal007:
Fool. How e no take concern U? Buffoon. How many times has America violated human rights?

ur problem lies in ur tongue. The insults u shower on people in after u. please change.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by amanze15(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
When the nigerian starts a elite program of super trained killers I would consider joining them grin
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by koife(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Just wait till some folks quote you screaming PATRIOTISM!
Yea talk is cheap....beta still typing is cheap....they sit and type while the families of the men/officers cry with forever wounds. I study explosive at NDA....trust me one shouldn't joke with gun powder, ANFO, TNT. Proper gear should be worn for Christ sake!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by emzila(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
this is one of the reasons why we should respect these people wherever we see them. despite ill treatment on them by our government, they still chose to put their lives at risk while protecting others. this man is not fully kitted, courtesy of our govt. and should anything happened he will be a man of history.
this remind me of there selfless service to me and to the nation at large while i was at orientation camp. then the rumor was everywhere that bokoharam was targeting corps members at camp. these men went through allnight watching over us while we slept like babies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Big big talk.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Ngasky(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
good publicity. this is what military should be encouraging so that people will believe in them not the harassment we witness at the road blocks.
a good public awareness and community development should be mounted by the public relations unit of the army
military personnel can make themselves darlings of the local community by doing simple things. i can remember the flooding that took away the bridge linking Danfodio University and the rest of Sokoto/Nigeria at that time it is just 7 km from the campus to main town but one has to drive into Niger republic and pass 2-3 states in Niger republic before entering Nigeria through katsina State. hudred of kilometers but whatdid the military do?
they built a mini half floating metal bridge in less than 2 days from scratch and that mini bridge was the only link for motorist for about a year before the main bridge was restored and only then they dismantle their bridge and return to their barrack in Sokoto.
also in the olden days if there is any misunderstanding between civilians the agrieved party will just meet the first military personnel he came about and report to him and in 98% that personal will be the mediator and settle them amicable without any favor or bribe.
also before when passing a checkpoint you will see civilians exchanging banters with military because they are very friendly in fact you will see a villager going to check point and sitting with them for the whole day gisting with them. now imagine if such person happened to see or heard something of security implication or anything unusual what will he do? definitely tell his friends (army)
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
ayd91:

Don't see anything funny there. The soldier could have left it there waiting for equipments that may never come. Call it getting the job done at whatever cost.

Our soldiers deserve better.
Bros, but for how long nau? They are going on duties like this, they should knnow what to carry annd what to expect. Its just like a farmer ggoing to the farm to dig yam with his fingers because the others are or will be coming late to the farm.

Abeg this pic reminds me of Clerk Kent. Its just that this soldier is stronger than the socalled Clerk Kent who won't attempt this in real life.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by 2dillu2(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cutehector:
Reminds me of d police man dat tried defusing a bomb and it blew him off...
yes I remember it happens in kaduna a mobile police officer
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by 2dillu2(m): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
dhardline:
See mind.May God bless the Nigerian Army as they risk their lives just to make sure Nigerians are able to sleep safe at night and may thunder wey carry big lightening strike those who empower bokoharam terrorists using them to play politics with the lives of Nigerians.
thank you sir
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by flyforall: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Haba COAS THIS MAN SUPPOSE WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/GEAR NOT HIS UNIFORM
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by jelal007(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
sunnyuche1:

ur problem lies in ur tongue. The insults u shower on people in after u. please change.
Ur problem lies in ur inability to think clearly. Change that.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
koife:

Yea talk is cheap....beta still typing is cheap....they sit and type while the families of the men/officers cry with forever wounds. I study explosive at NDA....trust me one shouldn't joke with gun powder, ANFO, TNT. Proper gear should be worn for Christ sake!

It's just common practise that full protective gear MUST be worn when handling explosives. We know the difference between bravery and foolishness. Thanks for the contribution. Life's precious, and shouldn't be lost in a rash show of thoughtlessness.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by dadee007(m): 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Demmocrats:
Nigerian army will kill me oh with laugh removing explosive with no full explosive protect gear.
www.
Knowledge is Power. There is no army in the world that wears full bomb disposal gear to defuse IEDs. It is an ongoing war and soldiers are on the move. Just imagine how cumbersome that same gear would be walking hundreds of miles through the jungle for days while executing a war. Let us not try and belittle everything we have.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
gallant mopol

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 / Ngige Looking At Obiano's Swag At Ekwueme's Burial (Photo) / Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.