Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) (45576 Views)

Boko Haram Member's Hand And Leg Chopped Off By Insurgents (Photos) / AirForce's "Love Letter" To Boko Haram Insurgents. Photo / The Suicide Belt Used By Boko Haram Insurgents - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Great job soldier
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2015
Into pieces,you mean....very sad. Wonder what his family will be going through each time they watch that video.

Cutehector:
Reminds me of d police man dat tried defusing a bomb and it blew him off...
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2015
kadunasouth:
May Allah Bless this soldier n grant him long life and prosperity bijahi sayyidi hujudi
May Allah expose the nigerian soldiers who are smuggling arms to boko haram.
Bijayi sayyidi hujudi. Amin
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by cicero27(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2015
Demmocrats:
Nigerian army will kill me oh with laugh removing explosive with no full explosive protect gear.
www.
. Boss! give him credit for having the courage to do that, b4 u start complaining abt how is going abt it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by drolanight(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2015
Sa
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by drolanight(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2015
God bless PMB God bless PYO

God bless d NA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by nerodenero: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2015
In all of this fight against terror, our porus borders is a cause for worry. Even if we rid our country of terror, what happens when a foreign terror decides to visit us again? Their invasion with be met with no strong opposition as the border is free for all to enter. I pray this doesn't happen. This is the reason Shekau and his evil foot soldiers could stroll into Nigeria, Cameron, Chad and Niger.

Our borders, a great concern!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Demmocrats(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2015
cicero27:
. Boss! give him credit for having the courage to do that, b4 u start complaining abt how is going abt it.

Bro deep down this man deserve more credit than any Nobel peace prize winner but he should value his own life
www.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Clearsure(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2015
Marvellous

You guys are actually work for the country.welldone
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Demmocrats(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2015
ayd91:

Don't see anything funny there. The soldier could have left it there waiting for equipments that may never come. Call it getting the job done at whatever cost.

Our soldiers deserve better.

Yeah they do, forget about my laugh deep down I respect them wella
www.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by ijustdey: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2015
kudos to our military men

death to boko haram
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by omuda: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by maxwellogbonna: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Story for the gods!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Good....... jah bless
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by vislabraye(m): 11:51am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by kenedy175(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2015
Is this proper? Without Any sort of protection?

Thought it was supposed to be done by an EOD expert.

Anyway, may God the Nigerian Army through
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:
shocked

If i was following the complete tenets of the quran, and not a baby muslim, i would be a terrorist too.

Yes, that religion is 'terroristic' in nature.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by yahmohy27: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2015
An2elect2:
shocked

If i was following the complete tenets of the quran, and not a baby muslim, i would be a terrorist too.
.Watch your mouth my sister ,reserved comments
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Cutehector(m): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
Into pieces,you mean....very sad. Wonder what his family will be going through each time they watch that video.

well, all I can say is that thr should be some kind of special bomb defusing team in d military.. They should be trained in defusin bombs.. Its a pity they only knw hw to handly ak 47, some of dem sef dnt even knw hw to handle it, where u will be hearin cases of accidental discharge
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by zonax(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
We Nigerians are the most patriotic people on earth. That guy is diffusing a bomb without protective gears so other citizens will live on peace.
He laid down his life so others can live. That is an unequalled act of patriotism. No oyibo will do this.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by kechywillz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
What if these bomb explode on him,what will be on the news will be''Soldier blows himself up while trying to difuse bomb''.Nigeria Army cant provide there soldiers with Explosive protect Kits,what happens to monies that are given to afford these things. Sometimes i dey doubt wether to join our military or not,with there ill equiped hardwares etc.Nawa oo for naija
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
penzino:
i remember that. It happened in kaduna.

Gallant Soldier.
You sacrifice and lay down your life for your country. God will reward you.

May God be with you and the entire Nigerian Army.

Victory is from God Alone.

God bless the Nigeria Army
God bless the Nigerian Armed Forces
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Bro, what that officer did in Kaduna and got blown to pieces wasn't in a any way an act of sacrifice and bravery; it was instead the greatest display of foolishness and emotionalism.

And then the one about whom this thread was created tried to defuse an dangerous device without full protective gear! That was another display of madness.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by olawoyintolani: 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
zonax:
We Nigerians are the most patriotic people on earth. That guy is diffusing a bomb without protective gears so other citizens will live on peace.
He laid down his life so others can live. That is an unequalled act of patriotism. No oyibo will do this.

This isn't an act of patriotism, but stupidity, mindless risk taking and deliberate exposure to hazard. He should be sanctioned ASAP. Of course, you don't expect a smart White serviceman to do that!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by An2elect2(f): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
yahmohy27:
.Watch your mouth my sister ,reserved comments

ssshhhh keep quiet if u know nada.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by An2elect2(f): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Yes, that religion is 'terroristic' in nature.
xactly!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
peppyluv02:

My lady, that ugly but PREVENTABLE incident happened to the officer back in 2012 at Kaduna. He was allegedly notorious for defusing dangerous objects and devices. On that fateful day, he was alerted to a suspicious polyethylene bag thought to be containing a bomb or an IED. He was been cheered on by people as he foolishly handled the bag WITHOUT ANY FORM OF PROTECTIVE DEVICE. He was blown to pieces. And life hasn't stopped going on.

In saner climes, he wouldn't even dare. Some bigger folks up the echelon of command must have also paid for such flagrant disregard for life and safety.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by airlord2020: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
They are not stupi d in any way. Have you been to war before? You improvise and do what you have to do in order to save others who are not able to make it to the military due to o reason or the other. What do you mean by smart white service man? You believe a white guy will not do same if there are no equipment to work with in order to save powerless civilians? You have to take a bullet if you are guarding a president , does that make the guards stupi d?
dearpreye:

This isn't an act of patriotism, but stupidity, mindless risk taking and deliberate exposure to hazard. He should be sanctioned ASAP. Of course, you don't expect a smart White serviceman to do that!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by chrischina(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Na person papa be this o, God be with you sir.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
airlord2020:
They are not stupi d in any way. Have you been to war before? You improvise and do what you have to do in order to save others who are not able to make it to the military due to o reason or the other. What do you mean by smart white service man? You believe a white guy will not do same if there are no equipment to work with in order to save powerless civilians? You have to take a bullet if you are guarding a president , does that make the guards stupi d?

Bro, spare me all these lessons cos I'm not buying it at all. ..did you see the video? How does what happened across a street in Kaduna equate to improvising in a war front? He was alerted to a disaster and he simply walked his way to an unfortunate early grave.

Besides, I made a reference to the White serviceman because someone claimed a white police officer won't dare to do what the late officer did. Of xii re he won't dare.

Using bare hands to defuse a bomb equals a suicide mission. Period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Richard Akinjide Is Dead / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu / APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.