Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism (2850 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by tonychristopher: 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
TooNoisy:
This is the fakest story in the world. You are trying very hard to start a controversial thread but you are such a poor writer and an unintelligent one too. If this is the best fictional tale you can come up with then your IQ must be very low.

And then you make your whole rubbish thread about one tribe? You can't even marry a nanny in real life cos your IQ is too low. Too many obvious lies in your story!

is that all u gat? I guess you must be a Yoruba girl ..very mouthy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
GHoJes:
First of all, that your one conclusion you arrived at is wrong because it does not hold true for all cheating "yoruba" men. I even think its not true in your case as you'v have decided to cheat if you see calabar girl (na so you like food), then blame it on your wife or feminism.

What do you even want? Is it for your wife to stop working or always fix your meal?
Your wife adds no value at all? try the maid or calabar woman whether they have all the values you want or if you will not remember why you married your wife?
I think the maid is not a better cook else you would have compromise. You think you wife dont meet guys in her work place that can "add value" you may not be adding or you think only you want all value addition?

Man, you deal with your problem and not run to a safer ground instead or you will also run from calabar woman when she lacks in an area.

It seems your love language is act of service, if true, your wife is doing one by loving your daughter the way no maid, calabar girl or woman may do. She only need to step up, sometimes all you need do is hold her hand to step up.

You married her a career woman, i also doubt your perfectionist type would have been attracted to the uneducated housewife you described. Her job is tiring as she said and she got a maid because she needed one. Its not like she is making no effort to cook at all, abi you have other problems with her. Cut her some slacks, encourage and appreciate her. Routine is not easy to break, she is used to the maid helping out when you are not around.
I doubt if you've told her these the way you told us, you've not make her see your pain in it. You told her about the maid cooking again but you left out the seduction part that would have made her chase the maid and help her to be careful.

If you really fear God and love daughter, do all to send that maid away. Communicate where it hurts to your wife so that she may ease things, you may too may find you are hurting her somewhere.

What's you obsession with Efik-Ibibio women? You keep losing men to them?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
What has this crassness got to do with feminism?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Look at how a grown ass man is crying for food on the internet. Na man be this?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by SAMBARRY: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
I just taya for over talkative men. What difference does it make if you or nanny cook rice what is inside rice. If she's helpful why the complaining again? And what does feminism has to do with who cooks rice for you and who doesn't?

Una no dey taya. Afejo yi na sha.chochochocho cho.unnecessary complaints

and if you are lusting after the nanny just own up this one you're claiming she's smiling at you seductively. No use rice or your wife not cooking excuse cover up

if na her hips you dey look confess undecided
cococandy:
You're the problem.

Difficult and hard to please.

that look the nanny is giving you, is all in your head.

And your generalization is just funny. You think me an Igbo woman won't hire a cook and out my feet up if I could afford it?

This one Na excuse to pursue women from other areas as you're obviously 'belleful' of the ones around you.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by SAMBARRY: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Stillfire:
you can imagine lipsrsealed

Just rice abi na indomie. If nanny is boiling indomie while she's baffing shebi na to eat. Why then should whoever that cooked the food matter lipsrsealed

Op Abeg grow up
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Last 4 posters shd be ashamed of themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
you can imagine lipsrsealed
Just rice abi na indomie. If nanny is boiling indomie while she's baffing shebi na to eat. Why then should whoever that cooked the food matter lipsrsealed
Op Abeg grow up

I can just imagine myself as grown as I am crying for food.
Our parents really spoiled these men, unleashed overgrown babies for women to marry.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by SAMBARRY: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Stillfire:

Our parents really spoiled these men, unleashed overgrown babies for women to marry.
e taya me no be small? Like seriously lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by bukatyne(f): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
@Odidire:

What has your story got to do with feminism; Has your wife ever claimed to be one?

@Finances:

I think Yoruba women are more open to sharing than Igbos. Might be wrong.

@Options:

Discuss with her and see the outcome.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Stillfire:

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Stillfire:

But you haven't been able to marry a grown man. Your mates are getting married to these supposedly "overgrown babies".

Keep consoling yourself

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
Aside the woman's laziness and nonchalant attitude towards certain things in her marriage, op isn't happy that she isn't spending her own money on anything in the house.

I just don't understand why someone would not contribute to the upkeep of the house ? Have you guys no family project/ investment?

Op allowed her keep all her money,she was OK with it.
Now she is okay with not cooking for him.He caused everything. You are too soft.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
iykedare:
Aside the woman's laziness and nonchalant attitude towards certain things in her marriage, op isn't happy that she isn't spending her own money on anything in the house.
This isn't the problem

Op allowed her keep all her money,she was OK with it.
Now she is okay with not cooking for him.He caused everything. You are too soft.
This is the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
iykedare:

But you haven't been able to marry a grown man. Your mates are getting married to these supposedly "overgrown babies".

Keep consoling yourself

In your mind now, you have insulted me... rotflmao. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Stillfire:

In your mind now, you have insulted me... rotflmao. grin

Haba,I didn't insult you. Though if I want to,I can.

Now, you wrote that men of nowadays are overgrown babies then I pointed out to you that other women are getting married to these "overgrown babies" .

At least,you not been able to hook a grown man,have you?

grin angry sad

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 12:07am On Jul 26, 2015
This is the reason I love polygamy.
When wife A refuses to cook for oga,wife B will gladly do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 12:09am On Jul 26, 2015
iykedare:

Haba,I didn't insult you. Though if I want to,I can.

Now, you wrote that men of nowadays are overgrown babies then I pointed out to you that other women are getting married to these "overgrown babies" .

At least,you not been able to hook a grown man,have you?

grin angry sad

No, I have not been able to hook a grown man. I am 40 years old, single and desperate for marriage. cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by lastnogood(f): 3:26am On Jul 26, 2015
So he's home 2 weeks and works away for 2 weeks, while she is a full timer. I'm guessing when he's home he's waiting for her to make him a meal when she gets off work. Else he won't eat. I'm guessing he cooks as survival means but doesn't want to cook really, else he wouldn't be complaining.

I think he's just isn't happy about the state of affairs, and instead of being direct about it. He's creating a drama. This whole thing started over something irrelevant to your marriage, I believe that you are blindsiding your wife. The way things are going presently required some coordination between the both of you. You have lived in this arrangement for a while I'm sure. You would've changed the matter from the beginning if you didn't life the maid cooking. I mean, she just now starting cooking for you? I think not! Wife never did anything in this house only for the past few months? I think not!

@Odidire you should think seriously about what is really vexing you, sir. Your ultimatum doesn't resolve the problem, and putting wife in a corner only creates an unhappy and confused woman. Your marriage is slowly falling apart, and I think you want it to. Your looking for a way to end it, without it being completely your fault.

So, if your serious about keeping your marriage in tact, I'd suggest you be direct and communicate your qualms with your wife. State what it is that truly upsets you and how it makes you feel. She's your wife, your feelings are hers to mend.

If you're not serious about being married again, than stop this melodramatic banter and do the needful.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Ewuro4: 5:37am On Jul 26, 2015
A woman should see cooking for her husband as a pride and not slavery. I see young career ladies cook(stew&soup) in bulk , store in Tupperwares in batches & freeze them for the week. When a man comes home hungry for your cooking, it's good. I don't understand anymore.

Mr.OP talk to your woman and stop forming macho online. I don't understand why it's so hard to express your mind to your better half you claimed to love abi that doesn't count in decision making Since you're both yorubas , don't forget to alert her parents (mom) too.

Seem finances was left out during courtship. The Both of you need to sit back down and have a frank discussion. recount each of your grouse and reach a compromise. if you need her to pictch in financially, let her know. It's about checks and balance right? Who doesn't know how to lavish money.
And you shared part of blame too Afteral your eyes were wide opened when you agreed to a live in house help abi Na lie? so enough of a victim picture you're trying portray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by ChristyG(f): 6:25am On Jul 26, 2015
The op is a bloody bigot,he is also replying himself with another moniker.this thread belongs in d politics section.this story is fake as tonychristopher brains

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by ChristyG(f): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

now I know why Yoruba men detest marrying their women .. never knew this was the reason reason but

its the Igbo women that are career suc
i can say the same for eboe women and why they marry more outsiders than their akpu smelling brothers.proud,ugly,controlling and very unreasonable.and even with all their false claims if knowning how to care of women,nobody wants their ugly asses.so they go and rant on twitter about yoruba men dumping their asses for yoruba women.ibo career women that marry in their 40s and 50s
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by TooNoisy(f): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2015
The silly OP wants to turn this into politics section and some bigots are really helping him.

The story is just fake. You claim you have a house help and 2 members of your wife's family who don't do anything. Yet you want to split the house chores 50/50. So what will you also wash your house help's plate and those of your wife's family.

You also claim you offered to resign while she takes care of the bills. What a silly offer when you know her salary cannot cover the bills. Will you take the offer and stay at home really?

Then the nanny part is just lame! Nanny is supposed to help your wife out with house chores and that is what she is doing. So what is the problem again? If you think she's your wife's competition then go ahead and marry her. The nanny seems more like your type since you reason like a village man. You shouldn't be married to an educated woman!

OP is trying to paint a picture of women being selfish, lazy and uncaring but he forgot to mention he must blame himself for marrying such a wife.

Fake story!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by ayoi: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2015
The problems I hv with the post are u mentioned a tribe and u generalised wh is annoying. The problem is ur wife's attitude not her tribe.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Odidire: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2015
Since the discussion is gradually moving towards tribal rivalry, I ve edited the story.

The story is 100% true. No a single fact has been altered. I have recounted it as narrated to me.

Thanks for your contributions
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by iykedare(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2015
Ewuro4:
A woman should see cooking for her husband as a pride and not slavery

Word on marble.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Stillfire: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Odidire:
Since the discussion is gradually moving towards tribal rivalry, I ve edited the story.
The story is 100% true. No a single fact has been altered. I have recounted it as narrated to me.
Thanks for your contributions

The way you arrive at conclusions is funny.
You reduced your problems to feminism and tribe. Is this how you handle issues in your home as the 'head'?
No wonder your wife can use your head, she wants you to do chores, but won't foot any bills? lmao.
Your wife doesn't foot any bills which is an antithesis of feminism, but oh dear, that word must be fancy let me join the bandwagon and use it. cheesy
Awon your money is our money, but my money is my money are not feminists. So just keep feminism out of this talk. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Neplusultra(f): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

now I know why Yoruba men detest marrying their women .. never knew this was the reason reason but

its the Igbo women that are career suc
Lol! Tony ibiakwa ozo! grin On a serious note, it's sheer wickedness on her part not to prepare his meal at least!!! Haba!! Marriage is about compromises and sacrifices!! She doesn't contribute to the upkeep, not even to but her daughter's stuff!! If I may ask, wots her own sacrifice in the marriage Even had the gut to ell the guy to arrange the house after toiling offshore to cater for his family and just came home to rest, despite the fact that relatives are staying with them!!! this is wickedness in its purest form! She's a jezebel!!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by rebella(f): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Truth be told, most people don't even know the meaning of feminism.
@Odidire what is happening to you is what happens when a man marries because he is looking for someone to clean and cook for him.
I don't see cooking for your husband as a big deal, please remove all those conditions and speak to her firmly that you want only her and no other person to prepare your meals.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mynd44:
Shoro niyen?
Oya mi lenu! grin

Keep setting P. tongue
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by tonychristopher: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
Neplusultra:
Lol! Tony ibiakwa ozo! grin On a serious note, it's sheer wickedness on her part not to prepare his meal at least!!! Haba!! Marriage is about compromises and sacrifices!! She doesn't contribute to the upkeep, not even to but her daughter's stuff!! If I may ask, wots her own sacrifice in the marriage Even had the gut to ell the guy to arrange the house after toiling offshore to cater for his family and just came home to rest, despite the fact that relatives are staying with them!!! this is wickedness in its purest form! She's a jezebel!!

nne ihe m na acho na okwu bu to whom it may concern

the truth is coming out really

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Push For Feminism by tonychristopher: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
ChristyG:
i can say the same for eboe women and why they marry more outsiders than their akpu smelling brothers.proud,ugly,controlling and very unreasonable.and even with all their false claims if knowning how to care of women,nobody wants their ugly asses.so they go and rant on twitter about yoruba men dumping their asses for yoruba women.ibo career women that marry in their 40s and 50s

what you said is true but we know that it's Yoruba women that cry of heartbreak when Igbo men dump them
it's Yoruba men that cry to Igbo women

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Friend's Marriage Is About Crash. / Help!!my Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.