Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2775 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope / Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

I hate hearing THE NORTH WONT ALLOW IT, though that's the salient truth. These folks are frustrating the growth of this nation, and we must seek a way to let off their grip.
as long as the south is not united to work for a greater Nigeria, the North will continue hold us down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
as long as the south is not united to work for a greater Nigeria, the North will continue hold us down

We're waking up at last.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

We're waking up at last.

We have not woken up bro as we're in a deep sleep as if though we're dead. That's the simple truth.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

Horlabiyi is right and whoever fails to see the writings on the wall right now is only leaving a dream and not yet in reality. If I may ask, how do you get the, out when we have a divided south and north central? Do you think it's possible? Do you think we southerners can ever walk/work together in unison like northers? Do you think our politicians can ever come together and drop their ambitions for one of their own, just to have their own in the seat of power? The earlier we realise how difficult these things are, the better for us all...
The north will use Divide and Rule to achieve their purpose in 2019, i dont blame the SW much because its their turn to be fooled by the North after the North used the SE/SS during the second republic
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

We have not woken up bro as we're in a deep sleep as if though we're dead. That's the simple truth.

Hmm...The events of the days will gradually jolt back to reality those who are still slumbering.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

We're waking up at last.
i beg to disagree, the North will still play a fast one on us in 2019. Do you think if PDP fails to field a northern candidate in 2019 that they stand any chance of winning. We need an SNC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
i beg to disagree, the North will still play a fast one on us in 2019. Do you think if PDP fails to field a northern candidate in 2019 that they stand any chance of winning. We need an SNC

I've been worried over that possibility. As for the SNC, it's just a question of time. The current system has no future or hope.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmm...The events of the days will gradually jolt back to reality those who are still slumbering.

You know, I've seen these people and their passion to have their people at all levels of the political terrain is second to none. Northerners can stand for several hours, or even days, under the sun or rain just to have their own person up there. How many of us can do such? Only a few I suppose. When some of us where even up in queues to cast our votes, others were playing football or playing games or watching TV (telemundo) or doing so many other things.. The ones that tried to go vote couldn't go when they heard there were to just trek a short distance to vote while some went straight back home when they got a bit frustrated by the system.

Tell me how you can then come together and defeat north...
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
The version of democracy being run is Nigeria is a very Warped and Twisted kind.
looking at our political space today we are in for a long run, the majority will always lord over the minority.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

You poured out my mind here..
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

You know, I've seen these people and their passion to have their people at all levels of the political terrain is second to none. Northerners can stand for several hours, or even days, under the sun or rain just to have their own person up there. How many of us can do such? Only a few I suppose. When some of us where even up in queues to cast our votes, others were playing football or playing games or watching TV or doing so many other things.. The ones that tried to go vote couldn't go when they heard there were to just track a short distance to vote while some went straight back home when they got a bit frustrated by the system.

Go to any bar and take LEGEND stout because this comment is legendary. We are bunch of wailers and complainers in the south but the North knows that politics is about numbers
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

You know, I've seen these people and their passion to have their people at all levels of the political terrain is second to none. Northerners can stand for several hours, or even days, under the sun or rain just to have their own person up there. How many of us can do such? Only a few I suppose. When some of us where even up in queues to cast our votes, others were playing football or playing games or watching TV or doing so many other things.. The ones that tried to go vote couldn't go when they heard there were to just track a short distance to vote while some went straight back home when they got a bit frustrated by the system.

Go to any bar and take LEGEND stout because this comment is legendary. We are bunch of wailers and complainers in the south but the North knows that politics is about numbers.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Go to any bar and take LEGEND stout because this comment is legendary. We are bunch of wailers and complainers in the south but the North knows that politics is about numbers.

Lol, fortunately, I don't take alcohol. A bottle of Ferouz'll do.. cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

I've been worried over that possibility. As for the SNC, it's just a question of time. The current system has no future or hope.
the last confab is gathering dust today, the last two National conference were organised by Southern presidents but their Successors which are Northerners dump the report in trash bin and reel out excuses why its not of immediate importance
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
PMB is everything a democrat can never be.

Dearpreye, whynotthetruth, barcanista, mogidi, firefire, ambivert, francizy, nigeriavenom, anonimi, altiwireless, Hzrf, shorty, candyrain, isrealiAirforce, Afam4eva, gaborone nwadiuko, pazienza and other patriots.

Have we really enjoyed the benefits or dividend of democracy
Hmmm, calling on other wailing wailers to help wail on a wailing thread. You are in deed "akasoleri." The loss Jonathan suffered on March 28 is still a shock to you.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

Hahaahaaaha, are you a NAzirite or you ve joined the Izala sect?

We need to know the importance of Census and how we ll work it to our advantage
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

We need to know the importance of Census and how we ll work it to our advantage.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the last confab is gathering dust today, the last two National conference were organised by Southern presidents but their Successors which are Northerners dump the report in trash bin and reel out excuses why its not of immediate importance

Whatever you're seeing today is only a straw in the wind.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Hmmm, calling on other wailing wailers to help wail on a wailing thread. You are in deed "akasoleri." The loss Jonathan suffered on March 28 is still a shock to you.
are you not seeing the imbalance in the system Nwa Teacher, Are you so blinded by your slavery to your Masters Nwa Teacher, Are we not fighting for your emancipation from your masters Nwa Teacher, Say No to mental and physical SLavery
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
are you not seeing the imbalance in the system Nwa Teacher, Are you so blinded by your slavery to your Masters Nwa Teacher, Are we not fighting for your emancipation from your masters Nwa Teacher, Say No to mental and physical SLavery
When Jonathan was there, there was nothing wrong with the system. Now that he lost, you want everything to collapse. Iro l'o pa.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The only two phrases the masturbators knows right now: "wailing wailers" and "loss Jonathan suffered on March 28".

They jump to every thread and register their daftness thinking they made sense.. SmH
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by francizy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

We need to know the importance of Census and how we ll work it to our advantage

Hehehehe, I belong to none of them. Just not an alcohol fan.. cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

When Jonathan was there, there was nothing wrong with the system. Now that he lost, you want everything to collapse. Iro l'o pa.
There would be no National Conference if there was no agitation for true federalism during GEJ regime Nwa Teacher, we've been at the forefront of restructuring the system but your feudal masters fought against it.

I command freedom in your life from the grip of your masters
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
democracy allowed for a thousand illiterate voters that voted out of sentiments to cancel 999 educated and enlightened voters that voted for merit

That's the situation we've found ourselves, very pitiful indeed. And to know that these illiterates ain't interested in getting themselves educated makes it worse.
Going by what we have, the illiterates decides who lead us all because of their number.

A regional system of government with true federalism is what will work in Nigeria, though the born-to-rule won't like this idea.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari runs so far the MOST insincere government ridden with confusion, bigotry, and vindictiveness... My facts below;

1)His anti-corruption confusion and lies...
https://www.nairaland.com/2475129/daring-president-halliburton-scandal-prosecution

2)His America achievement lies noting my analysis in page 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2478091/dont-need-foreign-aid-buhari/2#36286769

3)His bigotry and lack of comprehension or analytical skill depicting a failure and inept personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

In conclusion buhari is confused and a failure so far ...
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Candyrain:

That's the situation we've found ourselves, very pitiful indeed. And to know that these illiterates ain't interested in getting themselves educated makes it worse.
Going by what we have, the illiterates decides who lead us all because of their number.

A regional system of government with true federalism is what will work in Nigeria, though the born-to-rule won't like this idea.
i will advise OrlandoOwoh omenka and passingshot to read this your analysis because those guys dont know we are fighting for everybody to steady this ship and not where we are held back with an imbalanced system
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

Horlabiyi is right and whoever fails to see the writings on the wall right now is only leaving a dream and not yet in reality. If I may ask, how do you get the north out when we have a divided south and north central? Do you think it's possible? Do you think we southerners can ever walk/work together in unison like northers? Do you think our politicians can ever come together and drop their ambitions for one of their own, just to have their own in the seat of power? The earlier we realise how difficult these things are, the better for us all...
no permanent enemies Just permanent interests. when south realises they need to work together they will. did tinubu not team up with buhari to get pdp out and vice versa. do you think any corrupt person would still be roaming free if buhari had not needed corrupt apc to win. 1 single swing vote is all it takes to level playing field. you simply wait for opportune moment them bring ur (ally /enemy) to his knees
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

We're waking up at last.

You sure about this? When the people from your left handside while facing North are having an orgasm with the North grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Candyrain:

You sure about this? When the people from your left handside while facing North are having an orgasm with the North grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Candyrain:

do you mean OrlandoOwoh and his brothers
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
do you mean OrlandoOwoh and his brothers

I know not what you are talking about swthrt grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
no permanent enemies Just permanent interests. when south realises they need to work together they will. did tinubu not team up with buhari to get pdp out and vice versa. do you think any corrupt person would still be roaming free if buhari had not needed corrupt apc to win. 1 single swing vote is all it takes to level playing field. you simply wait for opportune moment them bring ur (ally /enemy) to his knees
The south are too competitive to work together. I read this AWO book and i laughed where the author said that Awolowo begged Azikiwe to step down for him and join UPN so that ZIK will be the presidential candidate then Awo will be VP. Zik will now resign after two years for Awo to mount the saddle of presidency. The author said Awo did it in order for the south to have a common front even if it means playing a dangerous game that you and I know will not succeed. Zik refused the entreatise because he doesnt TRUST Awolowo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Nasir El-rufai Commissions Yoghurt /juice Factory In Zaria ..see Photos / Photo: Fatal Accident In VGC Lagos This Morning / Could This Be The Reason Behind Barcanista's Planned Defection Back To The APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.