Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2777 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope / Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Abi na
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The south are too competitive to work together. I read this AWO book and i laughed where the author said that Awolowo begged Azikiwe to step down for him and join UPN so that ZIK will be the presidential candidate then Awo will be VP. Zik will now resign after two years for Awo to mount the saddle of presidency. The author said Awo did it in order for the south to have a common front even if it means playing a dangerous game that you and I know will not succeed. Zik refused the entreatise because he doesnt TRUST Awolowo
when the south suffer properly we will get our cat together. right now ego is the interest but when the time comes when ego can only be achieved by coming together we will. democracy is a very slow thing. why many of us buhari supporters were hoping he would bring the thunder. like they did in South Korea Singapore and Malaysia even Dubai and Saudi. forget Human Rights if you want rapid economic development
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
when the south suffer properly we will get our cat together. right now ego is the interest but when the time comes when ego can only be achieved by coming together we will. democracy is a very slow thing. why many of us buhari supporters were hoping he would bring the thunder. like they did in South Korea Singapore and Malaysia even Dubai and Saudi. forget Human Rights if you want rapid economic development
Buhari is not moulded in the same garb of those countries leaders you mentioned. Those ones had Vision but DAFTUS can even remember the name of the leader he just visited
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari is not moulded in the same garb of those countries leaders you mentioned. Those ones had Vision but DAFTUS can even remember the name of the leader he just visited
what garb. they all had no vision. they made it up bp they went along. what they have in common is a burning desire for change and willingness to do what needs to be done to achieve change. including compromising with the likes of tinubu and Co unlike Jona who was neither capable nor willing. yes I know you're a buhari hater (aka wailing wailer) but do you really want us to continue with Jona and pdp after 16 yrs of failure
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you @ Ecoterrors.

Democracy may not be the best form of government but it is unaguable the best form of representative government. The problem with Nigeria is not the "democracy" itself, rather it is with the political players. Our attitude to power and positions is more or less as a means to reign, we see it from the business angle where winners takes all. Some people will even go as far as whipping up ethnic and religious sentiment just to grab power. What we get is a situation where electoral victors see their victory as conquest and then move to consolidate their hold on power by getting everyone to "fall in line". Unfortunately, some people are taking this to be "normal". We saw how Obasanjo went beyond his power to seize funds belonging to LASG all because of political disagreement with then Gov Tinubu. He (Obj) held on to his ground even against the ruling of the Supreme Court. We witnessed situations where governors muscle out opposition in their domain, assassination was so common etc.

Democracy will work IF we want it to. As for Military, it's a No-no!
finally you're making all the sense.even the military rule sef is Just a type of 'democracy ' and it's the players that matter not the form of govt. all that democracy is the best form of govt na brainwashing
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
what garb. they all had no vision. they made it up bp they went along. what they have in common is a burning desire for change and willingness to do what needs to be done to achieve change. including compromising with the likes of tinubu and Co unlike Jona who was neither capable nor willing. yes I know you're a buhari hater (aka wailing wailer) but do you really want us to continue with Jona and pdp after 16 yrs of failure
They had visions, from Antartuk to Lee kwan to Chiang Kai Shek, they walk their talk. Don't quote me again masturbator
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
i will advise OrlandoOwoh omenka and passingshot to read this your analysis because those guys dont know we are fighting for everybody to steady this ship and not where we are held back with an imbalanced system

You need not worry yourself with them, they are already blind to reality.

I open a thread on an interview to one of Adekunle's (the Scorpion and Biafran war hero) bossom friend where he mentioned the regrets of Adekunle before he died. You'll see the ill fate he suffered, how he was used and dumped, how he was unceremoniously retired without benefits at the hands of his boss up North, but it still meant nothing to them. I mentioned you take out time and go through it, you'll believe those people have been hypnotized going by their present romance with the North.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
The version of democracy being run is Nigeria is a very Warped and Twisted kind.
what version. how many versions of democracy have you created. there is nothing like versions of democracy.our democracy works. it is us that do not wish to play the game
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Candyrain:

You need not worry yourself with them, they are already blind to reality.

I open a thread on an interview to one of Adekunle's (the Scorpion and Biafran war hero) bossom friend where he mentioned the regrets of Adekunle before he died. You'll see the ill fate he suffered, how he was used and dumped, how he was unceremoniously retired without benefits at the hands of his boss up North, but it still meant nothing to them. I mentioned you take out time and go through it, you'll believe those people have been hypnotized going by their present romance with the North.
I've read it and I felt for the soul of a lonely man who was left to wither away because they saw that he is too stuborn to be controlled. Obj was their lap dog that's why they allowed him to continue to do their bidding
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
The version of democracy being run is Nigeria is a very Warped and Twisted kind.
what version. how many versions of democracy have you created. there is nothing like versions of democracy.our democracy works. it is us that do not wish to play the game due to laziness
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
They had visions, from Antartuk to Lee kwan to Chiang Kai Shek, they walk their talk. Don't quote me again masturbator
buhari has a vision also. at least more vision than Jona and you wailers. and if you did not want to be quoted then STFU and stay away from public forums and wail in private dumbasss stupidd backward thief bitch waileress
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
buhari has a vision also. at least more vision than Jona and you wailers. and if you did not want to be quoted then STFU and stay away from public forums and wail in private dumbasss stupidd backward thief bitch waileress
. Go and ask how E-slap feels, DAFTUS has no vision for you and stop having orgasm while masturbatinG for DAFTUS
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by Candyrain(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
. Go and ask how E-slap feels, DAFTUS has no vision for you and stop having orgasm while masturbatinG for DAFTUS

Hahahahahah... grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? by mikolo80: 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
you know you've lost argument when you start throwing insults. will not waste time with close minded individual who is a thief

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unveiling The Lies Of Jewish Origin Of The Igbo People And Revealing The Jewish / Minister Adebayo Shittu Wears Gloves To Event To Avoid Touching Women (pictured) / Ex-militant Leader Accuses Kachikwu Of Funding Opposition, Calls On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.