Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,108 members, 7,842,208 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? (644 Views)

Men Are Getting Weaker And Women Are Getting Stronger / What Women Really Want / Foods That Are Making You Weaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by Opetech(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Alright, I promise to keep this short. Recently, I walked in on my friends debating who the weaker sex is; a phrase used to refer to the female sex. Online dictionary has it that it is used for humorous effect but sometimes perceived as condescending to women, reinforcing the stereotype of a weak female.

They had just read a news publication in a national daily. The paper had reported that graduating female students of an International school dominated their male counterpart by sweeping 32 out of 36 prizes on offer at the school valedictory. The paper reported further that the principal of the school said, girls are now doing better than boys in academic up to the university level. Well, I don't know what to say to that, but a female graduated top of my class.

My friends were frantically trying to defend their respective gender. Ade in a bid to convince our female friend, Sade that he is stronger cited several examples.

However, Sade appears prepared for us. She said, in the first instance, humans ought not to be labelled by their gender but by their inner strength. She added that it is the reason there incredible female builders, athletes, doctors, politicians, and even army recruits.

Of all, what struck me in Sade's argument was when she said, "You think women are the weaker sex? No! Just flash a guy some flesh and he looses control." She went on to narrate how a senior employee was shown the door of a company where her uncle works simply because he got laid by a female employee, interestingly, the lady involved was never fired.

Few days ago, I stumbled upon a publication by another print media, describing the recently held MTV Africa Music Awards as a place where ladies in the entertainment industry went to display their boobs and body for sale. The comments and the fantasies that greeted the publication on its online platform mostly from guys, makes me want to agree with Sade.

Ooops! I have promised to keep this short. The question is: "Are women really the weaker sex"? Let's have your thoughts and opinions in the comment box.

http://www.lifebuildingtips.com/2015/07/are-women-really-weaker-sex.html
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2015
nope
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by Benndted(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Am only here for the experience mehn
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
Sade's argument is really stupid.
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by IamLEGEND1: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
"flash a guy some flesh and he loses control"?

flash a girl just ur ATM and she loses everything.

#WomanWrapperism
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by jonaifame22(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
"flash a guy some flesh and he loses control"?

flash a girl just ur ATM and she loses everything.

#WomanWrapperism
in our world of today many men has sold their birthright to the womenfolk,thus making the situation dicey
Re: Are Women Really The Weaker Sex? by IamLEGEND1: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2015
jonaifame22:
in our world of today many men has sold their birthright to the womenfolk,thus making the situation dicey

Believe you me bro,
the war of the sexes has been over for ages now
we won that sh1t the moment women started taking prostitution as a career path.

#YouOnlyNeedToWatchAnyMusicVideoNow

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Romantic Gift Or Gesture Your Lover Has Ever Given You? / Precious Needs A Guy Or A Man That Can Satisfy All Her Need / Should I Just Explain Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.