Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag (38473 Views)

Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor / I'm Filing A Lawsuit Against JAMB / Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by talkme(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
When I go be FTC self. Being refreshing ma page since morning. Grumbling is allowed o

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Franchise21(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Atleast, Judiciary don achieve one better thing dis yr. Bleep JAMB,,, Bleep UNILAG
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sad day for education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by ademusiwa94: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
[size=28pt]Function/role Of all over 5000 Obas/bales And Others In The Next 5 Years-Emperor[/size]

[size=28pt]1. To see to the day running of their cities,town,village or community.
2. Welcome all guest and visitor into their cities.
3. Conduct and manage election into their various cities, towns,village or community management. Which collect taxes to repair schools, roads etc in their cities, towns, villages
Elected members
A. City or town administrator
B. School management administrator
C. Road management administrator
D the city treasurer
E the city secretary
4. Conduct monthly festivals to bring people and business into their various community.
5. Help in organizing the event to mark the independent days of the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria every November 15th, (Novermber 15th 1957) of each year.
6. Help conduct sport and other reaction and community get together, for the people to know them self.
7. Help in conducting tradition .marriages and issue traditional marriage certificate to couple.
8. Representing the independent country of the kingdom of western Nigeria.
9. Help in over see security of their various community, helping the police, military to perform their various task.
10. Help in securing accommodation to all new police/military men posted to their area.
11. Welcoming securitymen posted to their area.
12. They are supervisor of sanitation of their community.
13. Welcoming all foreigner to their community.
14. Organized history month every November to show our culture and tradition in all schools.
15. You most ask when have children in schools see their oba last. Oba most visit various schools every weeks.
16. Installing the flag of the independent country of the kingdom of western Nigeria in their various communities, school ,churches etc
17. Oba are to organize meeting with all school in their various community to meet parent on how to repair their various schools.
18. Visiting all churches, mosque and other religious bodies informing them of the various activities of the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria
19. Informing their various communities that they can not pay taxes to Nigeria.
20. Help in organizing Nation school,universities,polytechnic debate of country of the kingdom of western Nigeria in their various community.
21. Meeting banks and other financial institution to help members of their community get loans for their business to boost the economy in their various communities.
22. Setting up of small scale business for their community to create jobs for their youths.
23. Meeting various businessmen in their communities and others to show case their cities, towns and others on how they can invest in them.
24. Organizing training program for youth in the community to get jobs.
25. Signing letter of recommendation for their community members.
26. Grant students scholarship in their communities.
27. Organizing papers and talk among youth.

This are just a few role for the next 5 years.

The flag of the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria
[/size]

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by seangy4konji: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
what is jamb
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by MyMouth(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
What do u expect? The judge pickin too is affected!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by okotope: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Are you sure JAMB and UNILAG will not appeal this judgement?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by nickxtra(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
So fast? I wish corruption cases could be treated this fast
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by babyfaceafrica: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
shogz89:
This ain't a good news,, this is bad news in disguise.. The student should have accepted their faith and move on... I am definitely sure they would be the first set to be thrown out after writing post jamb... Unilag was trying to be fair so they won't waste money and time,, the crowd is too much and they won't still accept more than what they want regardless of how many people that will sit for the exam
you get sense..dose students are in for a long thing!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by RobinHez(m): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Venus007:
SMH. U'r so damn aggressive. Na wa. Oya, insult me.
DeN he sends his wife to provoke me?

Smh undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by joseph1832(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is indeed good news. I do hope the University of Lagos will comply because I know for a fact that Unilag see itself as primus interparas and basic rules by the court doesn't affect it.

However, should the students be admitted, what's to stop the school from being vindictive? I mean the court just bruised its ego, lol.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Vlipxola(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
shogz89:
This ain't a good news,, this is bad news in disguise.. The student should have accepted their faith and move on... I am definitely sure they would be the first set to be thrown out after writing post jamb... Unilag was trying to be fair so they won't waste money and time,, the crowd is too much and they won't still accept more than what they want regardless of how many people that will sit for the exam

Sule.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by joseph1832(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jarus:
Sad day for education in Nigeria.
How come its sad bro?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by amtheone(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Why so much pressure on Unilag? Was it included in the list of 1000 universities in the world released of recent?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by iameugene(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
banme:
students:yay we hav won, finally!!

Jamb:we ar trying to help u, y can't u c??

students:we don't need ur help, carry ur help dey go.

Jamb:k, wait nd c.

...... 2 days after admission is out.. 9000 got admission =while 30,000 no get......

Students:chai y me??

Jamb:shebi i tell u..

..... couple of months later,the students register for another jamb....

abeg who make loss?
what about me that was posted to university of offo kwara, and they said they have done their post utme and list is even out. Do i have a choice undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
*sigh*. U really should learn how to take things calmly. Contrary to ur assumptn, he is d 1 acting like a real man 4 pushing d ish aside, nd bringing up a new topic. U'r d 1 who's acting lyk a sissy/woman 4 still dragging d matter. Hian! *disappointd*
RobinHez:

Smh undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by ahamonyeka(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
That's good,jamb has been taking the cheat on students right from Adam.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
I taya. Evry1 should av a right to write PUME. If u fail, u repeat. If u pass, cngrats!
iameugene:
what about me that was posted to university of offo kwara, and they said they have done their post utme and list is even out. Do i have a choice undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Vince09: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
y don't u see for the greater good....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by bellras(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
tobillionaire:
accept fate ke, wen a university aspirant is being reallocated to a college of education

I pity the condition of these jambites because they will be made to suffer more. In the first instance, what is wrong in leaving uncertainty for almost certain. more than 4thousand candidate applying for medicine with just 100 slots at UNILAG and Jamb posted you to another universities with less competition but you bent on wasting your sponsors hard earned money . Ditto for other courses just sighted medicine as an example. I have written my jamb many years back and I don't need it again except for my kids. Nigerians should be wiser and reasons with quality innovations.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by RobinHez(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Venus007:
*sigh*. U really should learn how to take things calmly. Contrary to ur assumptn, he is d 1 acting like a real man 4 pushing d ish aside, nd bringing up a new topic. U'r d 1 who's acting lyk a sissy/woman 4 still dragging d matter. Hian! *disappointd*
Oh...really?
After starting a fire, he finds out he can't control it, instead of apologising, he tries to act/pretend like nothing was said....gosh!

I'm now the sissy 4 trying to draw is attention at the derogatory remarks he made at me...no matter how small?

Wow! This is absolutely great!
Thanks 4 the lecture Venus.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by ikeepitreal(m): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
shogz89:

God bless you o

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Missmossy(f): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jambites should really study hard before and after admission.

Things are not the same like before grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
shogz89:

What fate?

Dibu acted like an uneducated person.

He could have given them suggestions, and made it know that they still have the right to make the decision, as it concerns their lives.

He took away their rights to making a decision for themselves.

He is neither their parents nor guardians... He cannot decide for anyone. He could only have suggested.

He shot himself in the foot.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by leo2sexy: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
RobinHez:

Smh undecided
Hey robinhez always known u to be a cool guy, truth be told, u went too far, d guy was not even being serious with u, but u took it to another level, maybe cause u were eligible, well I am too, but everybody deserves a chance, probably u don't know how it feels to score 200 and be posted to a college of education...
I guess u don't.

And pls leave venus007 out of this

I think u should apologise to d parties involved.
Sincerely, u really were so hard.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by cee001(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
ahamonyeka:
That's good,jamb has been taking the cheat on students right from Adam .
shocked
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Ajikpako: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jackeeh:
A
Ape
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by nazzyon(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
It is quite unfortunate that those who fought for the reversal of the decision by JAMB and UNILAG didn't really realise that such decision is a blessing in disguise. I am sure JAMB wouldn't have agreed to such if they weren't aware of the large number of students applying for the UNILAG post UTME, year after year without any success.

It has become a norm that only few students among over 10000 who often enroll for the admission process do scale through. Instead of fighting the decision of reduction in the cutoff marks parents ought to realise it is high time to either look elsewhere that would admit their ward or simply encourage them to perform even better so as to attain the surpass the desired requirements.

Mind you an institute raising the requirement for new entrants isn't wrong. It only means they expect you to perform better.

Note: You can't have it all.

This outcome is still a Win Win for UNILAG. It only means they will make more money from applicants; yet accept the same number of students they have always been admitting into the institute.

GOOD LUCK all the applicants

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Brytawon(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Good day everyone, and big congrats to all aspiring undergraduates that were affected in the new jamb eligibility regulation.

I can assure you all that the matter has been resolved as we have finally gotten an order from the Federal High court, compelling Unilag and Jamb to include any students that scored 200marks &above. Other universities have also effected the change.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has repealed its earlier decision to redistribute candidates that sat for this year’s exams to institutions they (candidates) did not initially choose while filling their forms. JAMB has come under criticisms lately since it announced the plan. Some days ago, some candidates who chose the University of Lagos, UNILAG, and their parents staged a peaceful protest in Lagos both at Unilag and the Federal High Court.

Professor Dibu Ojerinde, JAMB Registrar, had explained that the redistribution was to help cushion the effect of spill overs from top class institutions, which insist on not reducing their cut off marks, including UNILAG. JAMB had announced cut off marks of 180 for universities in the country, while 150 for polytechnics and colleges of education. But the body has now rescinded its decision and has asked candidates to proceed to their first choice of institution for their post-UME exams following the court's verdict.

Though I wasn't in Lagos to attend the hearing but my reliable source says the judge delivered his judgement at exactly 12.20pm today & asked both Jamb & Unilag to revert its sudden policy wit immediate effect. A copy of d judgement has also been released.

More news on this will be updated. Big shoutout to everyone that lent a voice and those that participated in the protes. Special thanks goes to lalasticlala, Venus007, RobinHez, Pukka36, ifeooye, Teempakguy, Brytawon, DrSage, FORUMgod, Seuncoded and so many more.

Previous posts:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2468252/investigations-alleged-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469281/unilag-protests-jamb-cut-off-mark
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protestingopen_window_by_link:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306z/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protesting
> https://www.nairaland.com/2454829/twitter-reacts-new-jamb-cutoff
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469682/nans-rejects-jamb-eligibility-regulation
> http://www.aproko247.com/2015/07/28/jamb-bows-to-pressure-on-candidates-redistribution/

I'm shocked to my marrows. I never knew someone was seeing my work.

I don't even know what to say.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Jackeeh(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ajikpako:

Ape

Ajikpako actually!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by beyoncausme: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
tank God....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) / 59,000 To Retake Examination: JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.