Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead (73713 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ipledge5: 5:50am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=IbokUtoroh post=36377102][/quote]you are the Most stupidity person ever liveth...Ooni Will buy ur generation...from your Great grand father to your Great grand children

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by femi4: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Omotayor123:
Like for Real shocked

RIP to one of the Greatest oba..

BTW
He didn't die, He climbed the ceiling grin
yesoo, Oba ki n Ku.....Oba waja
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by gbeseun(m): 6:08am On Jul 29, 2015
And oluaye passes on to the great beyond,adieu
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by deolu2000(m): 6:11am On Jul 29, 2015
akinloluwao:
Let me buy my own plot of land incase. Oonirisha ikubabayeye. Let me wait sha
he is not the ikubabayeye,take note,that title belongs to alafin of oyo.RIP if the news is true.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:18am On Jul 29, 2015
May the Gods guide you the hereafter.

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Hammefeez: 6:24am On Jul 29, 2015
if i don't comment now they will say i'm not a good yoruba guy

BTW: In Yoruba Land, King No Dey Die.......... Dem Dey Climb Ceiling. ( Oba kii ku, Oba Waja ni) grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Mrslimblack(m): 6:25am On Jul 29, 2015
All this ofe mmanu sef, a whole ooni of ife(the custodian of the cultures), was in an unconscious state at 85 and they still have to flew him abroad. Is he supposed to die in another man's land?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2015
this is tragedially tragedious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by rchilee: 6:30am On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:
For those who don't know history, Ooni of Ife, Adelakun, Adelabu and Aare Musulumi of Ibadanland (Arisekola) sold the whole of South West to IBB and Abacha. They were all allies to the 2 generals, fortified them spiritually for stipends in returns.

Indirectly, you might not know the effects of their actions.

1. They backstab their kinsmen (MKO).
2. They impede Nigeria's development in democracy.
3. The impede Nigeria's development in technology e.g. Abiola was the Chairman of ITT (International Telecommunication something) and part of his manifesto was to bring global fleets of telecommunication to cushion the stress on NITEL.

I'm sure this man has questions to answer on his role during the war between Ife and Modakeke! His did nothing, was into gun running e.g. for those who don't know, modakeke war was like Huti and tutsi war we experience in the movie "sometimes in April", these were the dark days in memories of Modakeke. This is a man that should be charge for war crime. His yard was used for the most rigged election in Osun state. Imagine, OAU was not in session and PDP accorded 30,000 votes in OAU community with people from his palace as withness!

Who knows Akinola Saburi? Apart from his activism and issues with the management, this is the single guy that volunteer to testify against their claim.

Talk of human sacrifice nkor?

Note: I'm not a native of Modakeke and all those stuffs I wrote up their was not lies. I was opportune to live inside Modakeke community, did my research on the war, went to Ogunsua's palace for more factual findings, went to the site of impact on the 2 communities (Ondo Road, Akarabate 1, 2 and 3) compared with each other to establish if this is a clear case of genocide or war. I publish my research and got a D, nearly failed ofcourse.

Now we're grown up and the world need to know the truth!

This is a man that nearly wiped out a whole community because they are seeking their sovereignty!

This is very correct and many more not known to people outside. Guess there was a good side of him too...May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by funkybully(f): 6:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Night crawlers around osun beware. Human head hunt have began.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by hadura29(m): 6:36am On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:

You honestly don't know anything.

Yes I know n please stop quoting me if you don't have anything sensible to put down. Good morning.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2015
saxywale:

what's the purpose of all this rant? Did you carry out a research that was meant to tarnish the image of the ooni of ife and was expecting an A grade
Most of your research was done at Ogunsua's palace. What did you expect them to say
I have Ife and Modakeke blood in me, studied at OAU around the time of the war and know how everything went down. And the that location is akarabata not akarabate, and you are wondering why you scored D.

For saying this, Nothing will be impossible for YOU again and your Generations to come.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Rexyl(m): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2015
RIP
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Oyewalesegun: 6:47am On Jul 29, 2015
terza:
From the reactions above, i can say We don't know him
lipsrsealed.......i guess u re living frm the past or from another planet
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by SAIBUHAR1(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Gbi......Oba don die

Power tussle don start

Afobajes at their peak of getting rich again

Oya, lalalasticlala, Ade Ade Musiwa, Seun Rebelleader15, Madcow. Go and fight for the throne...
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by mrkings84(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Hope heads won't go during his burial!!!

Meanwhile, DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN BECOME AN EXTRAORDINARY MILLIONAIRE TOMORROW JUST BY JOINING ALLIANCE IN MOTION GLOBAL TODAY??

In AIM GLOBAL, people from all works of life are making it big with this mind blowing networking company. Pls don't say u were not told!!

For more info call or WhatsApp 08034704620. BBM Pin 562006D1
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=IbokUtoroh post=36377102][/quote] Ooni orisa was richer than your entire village. Think before you post.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:
I KNEW THIS KING GROWING UP. MY GRAND PA TOLD ME HOW POWERFUL HE WAS AND HOW HE HAS A PENCHANT FOR DOING GOOD FOR HIS IMMEDIATE AND REMOTE COMMUNITIES. WISH I MET HIM IN PERSON THO.

DEATH, BE NOT PROUD. NIGERIA MOURNS A HUMAN BEING TODAY....

*IFE cries*

thank me later
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by onyxo76(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2015
I reside in ife and I"ve not heard even a rumour of his death. Besides he was a mediator in the oau - nasu crises just a few days ago.think its time to be careful with movement particularly at night..i
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=IbokUtoroh post=36377102][/quote]werey rey o
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:
For those who don't know history, Ooni of Ife, Adelakun, Adelabu and Aare Musulumi of Ibadanland (Arisekola) sold the whole of South West to IBB and Abacha. They were all allies to the 2 generals, fortified them spiritually for stipends in returns.

Indirectly, you might not know the effects of their actions.

1. They backstab their kinsmen (MKO).
2. They impede Nigeria's development in democracy.
3. The impede Nigeria's development in technology e.g. Abiola was the Chairman of ITT (International Telecommunication something) and part of his manifesto was to bring global fleets of telecommunication to cushion the stress on NITEL.

[b]I'm sure this man has questions to answer on his role during the war between Ife and Modakeke! His did nothing, was into gun running e.g. for those who don't know, modakeke war was like Huti and tutsi war we experience in the movie "sometimes in April", these were the dark days in memories of Modakeke. This is a man that should be charge for war crime.[/b His yard was used for the most rigged election in Osun state. Imagine, OAU was not in session and PDP accorded 30,000 votes in OAU community with people from his palace as withness!

Who knows Akinola Saburi? Apart from his activism and issues with the management, this is the single guy that volunteer to testify against their claim.

Talk of human sacrifice nkor?

Note: I'm not a native of Modakeke and all those stuffs I wrote up their was not lies. I was opportune to live inside Modakeke community, did my research on the war, went to Ogunsua's palace for more factual findings, went to the site of impact on the 2 communities (Ondo Road, Akarabate 1, 2 and 3) compared with each other to establish if this is a clear case of genocide or war. I publish my research and got a D, nearly failed ofcourse.

Now we're grown up and the world need to know the truth!

This is a man that nearly wiped out a whole community because they are seeking their sovereignty!

This person is an idi0t, a complete one at that.

I suppose you're an authority on Ife-Modakeke conflict for you to have said all of that BS. No wonder you got the deserved 'D'.

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 29, 2015
emekaokeke1978:
He should roast in d lagoon,I just hate d yoruba people damn bad
emeka okete u b soup material

4 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by oderemo(m): 7:04am On Jul 29, 2015
Jaymaxxy:

Ooni orisa was richer than your entire village. Think before you post.
The point of your chest beating for the late ooni is lost if this late oba couldn't be buried with his wealth.
Even the richest king ever liveth (Solomon) couldn't achieve that fit. Look vanity is all upon vanity.
Remember his company constructed that ife/Ibadan rd. That barely lasted for two yrs.

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by mu2sa2: 7:05am On Jul 29, 2015
Princecalm:
this days people don't even know their traditional rulers
The same way traditional rulers don't know their people these days!

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Iwonimi(m): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Great man. May his royal soul rest in peace
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by yoged(m): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Emmeritus:
emeka okete u b soup material
grin . This got me rofl.bombshell grin
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Princecalm(m): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2015
mu2sa2:
The same way traditional rulers don't know their people these days!
yes, because the people moved too far from him
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Iwonimi(m): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2015
I think u re sick upstairs
emekaokeke1978:
He should roast in d lagoon,I just hate d yoruba people damn bad
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by funlord(m): 7:14am On Jul 29, 2015
grin
yoged:
meaning? Amukunmeko like my daddy

Who is this frustrated, delusional and inconsequential primate? And who do you think owes a bit part imp like you any sort of explanation? Come on GET LOST! Anumpam!
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by popcykaylah(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2015
may his soul rest in peace ..the man don enjoy life..met one his wives a few times and some of his grand kids..wonderful peeps though.. God keep the rest of us
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Smooyis(m): 7:18am On Jul 29, 2015
Technology has really changed tradition and culture greatly. In the past who dare openly discuss that an oba is dead like this particularly when the news is still sketchy.

Rip great king.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2015
so he can die too, the appearing and disappearing man, one of the most dubious king,corrupt king, using evil powers, when i heard about him,i thought he is immortal...what about his wives? mtcheeeeeew,....he should go and tell Oluwa God what he came to do in this world if truely he is dead.

RIF.

dou shall not quote!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) / Nigerian Baby Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.