Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead (74294 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Elose11:
MAY THE SOUL OF THE OONI REST IN PEACE. WHY HAVE THEY NOT ANNOUNCED THAT OF THE OBA OF BENIN? WE HEARD ON THIS FORUM THAT HE DIED ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO. ARE THEY NOT THROUGH WITH CONSULTING THE BENIN GODS?
question to the gods, oya gods over to u; answer....grin grin
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ccaramel(f): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2015
RIP Oba Okunade Sijuwade cry cry cry just when your son is preparing for his wedding. Very sad news. I grew up in Ife and went to primary school with 5 of the kids. I was always amazed by the grandeur of the palace when we went for birthdays of the kids. We would all kneel or prostrate when ooni make an appearance. Royal life is quite interesting. So much mansions in that palace. My first time in a pool was also there. The fleet of exotic cars was a sight to behold. May God grant the WIVES and many kids the fortitude to bear the loss. RIP Olubushe.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Dollyak(f): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:
For those who don't know history, Ooni of Ife, Adelakun, Adelabu and Aare Musulumi of Ibadanland (Arisekola) sold the whole of South West to IBB and Abacha. They were all allies to the 2 generals, fortified them spiritually for stipends in returns.

Indirectly, you might not know the effects of their actions.

1. They backstab their kinsmen (MKO).
2. They impede Nigeria's development in democracy.
3. The impede Nigeria's development in technology e.g. Abiola was the Chairman of ITT (International Telecommunication something) and part of his manifesto was to bring global fleets of telecommunication to cushion the stress on NITEL.

I'm sure this man has questions to answer on his role during the war between Ife and Modakeke! His did nothing, was into gun running e.g. for those who don't know, modakeke war was like Huti and tutsi war we experience in the movie "sometimes in April", these were the dark days in memories of Modakeke. This is a man that should be charge for war crime. His yard was used for the most rigged election in Osun state. Imagine, OAU was not in session and PDP accorded 30,000 votes in OAU community with people from his palace as withness!

Who knows Akinola Saburi? Apart from his activism and issues with the management, this is the single guy that volunteer to testify against their claim.

Talk of human sacrifice nkor?

Note: I'm not a native of Modakeke and all those stuffs I wrote up their was not lies. I was opportune to live inside Modakeke community, did my research on the war, went to Ogunsua's palace for more factual findings, went to the site of impact on the 2 communities (Ondo Road, Akarabate 1, 2 and 3) compared with each other to establish if this is a clear case of genocide or war. I publish my research and got a D, nearly failed ofcourse.

Now we're grown up and the world need to know the truth!

This is a man that nearly wiped out a whole community because they are seeking their sovereignty!
Thanks for these gem. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad for his death.

2 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by jamex93(m): 8:52am On Jul 29, 2015
undisputedgbola:
The Man climb Mango tree ni jaree...him cme fall down.

eya

too bad
lolx
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 29, 2015
Elose11:
MAY THE SOUL OF THE OONI REST IN PEACE. WHY HAVE THEY NOT ANNOUNCED THAT OF THE OBA OF BENIN? WE HEARD ON THIS FORUM THAT HE DIED ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO. ARE THEY NOT THROUGH WITH CONSULTING THE BENIN GODS?
I you high or some tin,..do you want kill my Oba of Benin,.which one want come dey tak panador for another person headiche na,.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by advocate77: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2015
kia,after helping us resolve the strike..r.i.p
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by toygod2: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2015
jaymejate:
ADIOS !!!

Greet my MoM for me o, if na hellfire u land, that is 'sending message failed'

where e for land bfo lipsrsealed
Better send ur message through another person.

abeg, A NO TALK ANYTHING O
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by billyG(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2015
RIP,but why must he go & die in oyinbo kun3?
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by jaymejate: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2015
molas02:

What if ur mum is also in hell fire? Massage deliver safely
Thunder catch that finger u use type rubbish grin
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by jaymejate: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2015
toygod2:

where e for land bfo lipsrsealed
Better send ur message through another person.

abeg, A NO TALK ANYTHING O

No prob na
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2015
tellwisdom:

Guy, you are constituting nuisance lately. You talk even when you have less clue about the topic
Read what you JUST typed again. Then Let me know if it's for my comment before I reply. Thanks.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2015
tpiadotcom:

are you Nigerian?
Yes.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by benzion72(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2015
May his soul rest in perfect peace. He will be welcome to the great beyond by thousands of innocent souls of both Ife and Modal eke killed during the war he engineered. Both town will also forever remember him for their set back financially as occasioned by his many wars. My family lost more than 10 buildings to his various war and our farm land are inaccessible . He himself lost a multi billion estate sijuwade-estate along on do road. I just pray the ife people will be wiser now and leave olubuse-dynasty to rest forever
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2015
guntranno:

I know... Just saying/asking though.

I'm good n you?
I'm good. Sorry for late reply

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by sats: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2015
will they be needing 7 human heads to bury him? are we still in the dark ages?
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by TrulyHis(f): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Surely There Is An End To And Of Everything. Rest In Peace Kabiyesi.

www.familyparliament.com
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by darvic1515(m): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2015
rman:

That means the person u quoted is right about warning people to be careful.
Well i think she's from ife, she's just trying to defend her town, what will u talk of a town who do rituals 364days outta 365 day in a year, a town that has the highest number of lunatics(were) flooding everywhere.
I was in akure ondo-state when the king died 2013 everything was normal, infact i cld remember vividly i even when to club weekends, so towns are just rich and endowed with jazz, u can't compare ijebu juju with ekiti own.
Come to even talk of it Ooni isn't just a king title, its a strong post and an icon in yoruba land. Ooni nah orisha.
Ife was the 1st place I'll ever see a shrine, it was even at the main road @iremo.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by RuffRhyder(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2015
Rest in peace Baba.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by macof(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2015
jaymejate:
ADIOS !!!

Greet my MoM for me o, if na hellfire u land, that is 'sending message failed'

undecided are you always this foolish?
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by darvic1515(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=Kemmy210 post=36380430][/quote]
I don't think i've done something bad by paying ppls attention to what i know its gunna happen, its you that isn't clicking with what I'm saying, and mind the way u talk to ppl, FYI do you know ife do rituals everyday even when everything was normal, the lunatics that u see 4rm pole to pole nko? By 9p.m u can't get a bus or bike again in ife, every1 dan enter house, except inside skul.
So I'll advice u keep quite and pass across my message to @least safe some innocent souls.
I'm a care giver so @least i appreciate life.
Peace.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by SisiGbeborun(f): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2015
Ki olorun te baba s'afefe rere. E ka iroyin yi ati awon miin ni ede Yoruba nibi - www.sisigbeborun..com
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
hadura29:

No wonder you got a D in your so called research... Olodo.
You wouldn't have say this if you lost precious ones/relatives in that war.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
9jacrip:

This person is an idi0t, a complete one at that.

I suppose you're an authority on Ife-Modakeke conflict for you to have said all of that BS. No wonder you got the deserved 'D'.

If you have the better side of the story let's hear it!
We are talking about a first class oba who could get anything at a snap of his finger but chose war over peace?
Long Live Awujale, Oba Sikiru Adetona, This is a king who will never wag his tail after any politician, GEJ knows better.

And never you quote me and call me names if you don't want to incur ancestral curse.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
saxywale:

what's the purpose of all this rant? Did you carry out a research that was meant to tarnish the image of the ooni of ife and was expecting an A grade
Most of your research was done at Ogunsua's palace. What did you expect them to say
I have Ife and Modakeke blood in me, studied at OAU around the time of the war and know how everything went down. And the that location is akarabata not akarabate, and you are wondering why you scored D.

cheesy angry

You're one of the lucky ones bro.
I need no soothsayers to tell me that you father is an Ife man while your mother is from Modakeke!

We all knew what happened to the offspring of a Modakeke women who married to an Ife Men. Why are you shying away from the truth? This is a first class Oba who could get anything he wanted be ye peace or war but he chose war.

And for my grade? I wasn't expecting a better grade from someone who bears "Eludoyin" as name, i'm sure you understand better.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by hadura29(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:

You wouldn't have say this if you lost precious ones/relatives in that war.

this man go and sleep you aint gat no point at all... I lost more than people I love so don't tell me what you don't know... You got a D still....
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
hadura29:

That idiot guy that scored a D is a real dullard, he is just spilling nonsense out here to the very young minds that don't actually know what went down at ife...

He got me pissed when he compared ife n modakeke war to the genocide in Rwanda...
That ain't fair...

Good morning...
The truth is difficult to admit when it's not in your favour.
Only 3% of Ife descent could admit the atrocity commited that time.

And for record, never you refers to me as idiot again, if you do so, I may be vexed and lay an ancestral curse of lunatic on you.

You are warned!
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Ayopercent(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
PALACE DENIES OONI'S DEATH There is another twist into the the yet-to-be-offic ially confirmed death of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade. The traditional chiefs of Ife royal palace led by the Loowa of Ife, High chief Joseph Ijaodola have denied that the Ooni is dead. Addressing journalists at d palace of Ooni, the secretary of ife royal court, High chief Adetoye Odewole and the president of Ife development board, prof Muheeb Opeloye denied that the Ooni is dead They said it is still a mere rumour adding that the first class traditional ruler is still hale and hearty. When probed further to confirm if they had spoken with Oba Sijuwade, they declined further comments but maintained that the Ooni is still alive.
NB: In d eyes of tradition and due process d news going around that Oba sijuwade is no more is a rumour until the state government of osun through d ministry of local government and chieftaincy affair/ authorised govt. official officially anounce his demise.. # keepingmyfingercrossed .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by hadura29(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
ManTiger:

The truth is difficult to admit when it's not in your favour.
Only 3% of Ife descent could admit the atrocity commited that time.

And for record, never you refers to me as idiot again, if you do so, I may be vexed and lay an ancestral curse of lunatic on you.

You are warned!

Sorry for calling you an idiot. There are no truth in all these trash you spewed. I am not going into details with you because you don't know what you are saying... you got a D....

"Bi Ewure ba boju wo eyin, a fi epe fun elepe" go ahead with your ancestral shit....

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
hadura29:

this man go and sleep you aint gat no point at all... I lost more than people I love so don't tell me what you don't know... You got a D still....
Since the war is more felt on the Modakeke, that leaves me with no option to believe that you are an Ife descend, and those loved ones are from Modakeke... they are expendable, isn't it?

Only a neutral person will admit that the King should have done better.

For those who care to know, below are few things that caused the conflict.

1. Continuous kidnapping of the Modakeke's which started sometime in 1980. For those who care to inquire on this let me give you a snippet. During a coronation, there is a room that will be opened where the Awo's (Priest) will invoke ancestral spirit to a crown that will later be worn by the king on the last day of the coronation. Anyone who open this room dies immediately. Sometimes in 1980, a popular Modakeke born businessman was contacted to be the one to open this mystery door and he was severely warned not to attend the party or open the door else he die. On the D - day, the said man was not on seat and when the time to open the door, another person did and was consumed by the spirit. There was a case of continuous kidnapping of the Modakeke's after this period.

2. It may interest you to know that Modakeke of today started like a street, infact there was a school back then with a signboard Modakeke High School, Ife. Just like the Jaja of Opobo story, the Modakeke's had foresight to have their sovereign so they started buying the land for farming and settlement. After they had bought a considerable large amount of land, the Ife people who had sold the land will come back to claim it. This has been going on for many years even before Olubuse became the king, but guess what? The king will always rule in favour of his kinsmen. For record, an average Ife man in the 70s will prefer to wake up in the morning and drink the left over of yesterday's palm wine. They best fit in for Snoop ft. PSY on Hangover cheesy

3. Request to have their personal Baale (ruler): after setting up a considerable settlement and expanse of land at their disposal, the Modakeke's request to have their own Baale which will represent their interest in the palace of Ooni just like every other smaller community has which the Olubuse and his people kicked against because they sees them as outcast, they later start pressing for their own ruler which further fuel the anger of the Ife people. No community want to remain without having a representative.

4. The last which I know of was the Local Government Issue. Ife as greedy they are always wanted to have everything for themselves, what's bad about having a LG inside the Modakeke which is seen as Ife Annex, but no, they wanted it all.

I don't hate Ife people but this is a raw truth, some of which you can confirm online or from someone who is 60yrs and above with very informed history about the IFE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
hadura29:

Sorry for calling you an idiot. There are no truth in all these trash you spewed. I am not going into details with you because you don't know what you are saying... you got a D....

"Bi Ewure ba boju wo eyin, a fi epe fun elepe" go ahead with your ancestral shit....

tongue tongue tongue

Apology accepted, i'm not a mean man, if you check all my post you will have a true idea of whome I am, it's a small world we live in but you guys will never believe nor acknowledge what your leader did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Celebrates 7th Year Of En-Heralds Ministry / Olori Wuraola: Jennifer Obayuwana Gives Shout Out To Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.