Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information (33697 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Icon4s(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
And take over by the abok!s continue

3 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by OgologoDimkpa: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Baba one chance at it again angry

2 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by arbitter: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nearly a hundred Generals were reshuffled yet you pinpointed this guy to stir up some ethnic crap eh?

2 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
AroOkigbo:

It's no "tribal bigotry" friend!
Haven't you ever heard of principles of "Federal character"?
Read his post again.
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Adegokenath(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Indi gbo can never rule nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by TeamSimple(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Beanscake:

What are you going to do? Create a new topic on NL?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
His best address

Defense spokesman, Gen. Chris Olukolade has written a very touching personal letter to Obiageli Ezekwesili, front-liner of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

See letter below:

''Indeed, there is still room for more merciful and robust engagement or interface between you and the government and security agencies in the drive to secure the return of our girls. Enough of undue hate campaign and antagonism.

''I have followed your activities with due interest. I personally have nothing against your organisation or its advocacy concerning efforts to recover our girls from captivity of terrorists. I believe that someday, both your efforts and that of the Nigerian military will be duly understood and appreciated.

''It is unfortunate that some have sought to equate our efforts to give accounts of activities on the nation’s war on terror as propaganda or cover-up. This is not true. We know the difference. The fact is that the battle situation around could be very fluid and susceptible to rapid changes. The situations around the battle could also change accordingly in an inexplicable manner.

''This trend is also compounded by various perspectives that have been employed to seriously polarise the understanding of the situation along the line of all kinds of sentiments and biases prevailing in the environment. We cannot engage in a shouting match with those who have other motives. We can only try to explain situation to the best of our understanding and available information.

''The report we present on situations are based on the available information and observance of the elements of propriety, security, policy and accuracy, which has remained our guiding principles. It is really not true as you have been made to assert repeatedly that the Defence Headquarters and myself are the only sources of information on the operation.

''The sweeping judgement and insistence that we must do things in a particular way or your claim that we do not follow best practices as well as your remarks comparing our approach to that of other armies is very unfair.Indeed, you must know that no two military operations are the same, and the conduct must endeavour to reflect the realities and peculiarities being confronted in the field.

''Your allegations or claim that we lack transparency is definitely not well informed neither is it being expressed in good faith.

''Be assured that nobody has been restrained from accessing the mission area in the ongoing operation except when there is clear case of undue interference with safety and operational environment. Infact, occasionally, we conduct the media on tour of the operational area.

''Our concern remains the issue of safety for anyone in search of information. Much as we want to assist genuine seekers of information, we do not feel obliged to devote scarce resources to satisfying the fancy of pleasure seeking adventurers or the curious and mindless critics who just want to roam around with questionable motives.

''We should not be blackmailed into compromising the security of information and operations in the name of undefined idea of transparency. We have strived to keep the populace informed in the best way possible in the circumstances we find ourselves.

''No one has been through this same path before. We keep improving and seeking how to cope with the enormous challenges. You may recall that although it was in the line of duty, I was the first and perhaps the only military officer who against all odds have addressed your leadership and the group as a whole when you marched to the Defence Headquarters at the early stages of your campaign.

''I believe we had cordial interactions all through at that period. It is noteworthy that this gentleman, my sworn antagonist, was not present at that interactive meeting. We really have no reason to engage in deception as your forum is always quick to allege – apparently with a view to discrediting us and our efforts.

''Your assertion, claiming that we have credibility problem is only in the imagination of those pursuing the hate campaign against us. It is definitely not in the view of the generality of the populace who still trust, depend on and utilise the outcome of all our efforts to inform the public on the counter terrorism campaign.

''The ceaseless criticism we continue to get from you has been so uncharitable and could ordinarily be discouraging. We however derive a lot of inspiration from the appreciation and commendation we keep getting from other well meaning individuals and organizations who continue to urge us on.

''The patriot and God fearing person in us will not yield to blackmail and malicious criticism of those using the platform of your otherwise noble organisation, to run us down and plan on how to disgrace us in the pursuit of an agenda to humiliate and ridicule the Nigerian Armed Forces.

''Being in the forefront of the efforts to disseminate information is a job I do with passion and sense of responsibility. I do not deserve the hatred and mindless antagonism your organization has continued to unleash on me.

''I certainly have a life out of here and it is unfair to work purely for the purpose of destroying my reputation and years of committed and unblemished record of service to my country. Despite the regular focus and disdainful reference to all communication from me as prompted by those who are so determined to ruin other people’s name and career, I have maintained the restraint required of me both by training and upbringing.

''The belief is that your organisation has the determination to ruin the name, career, and reputation of some targeted military officers among whom I have been specifically marked for such cruel treatment. I can only leave such matter to God and the good judgement of people who read or hear you. I am so sure I will enjoy the blessing of being vindicated at last.

''Meanwhile, I wish your team will consider my point here and spare me and the Nigerian military the undue attacks we have continued to be subjected to in the name of monitoring or calling for accountability. We call for fairness as against the present campaign that is fraught with calumny and promotion of one man’s malice against us and anything government.

''This is more likely, considering the determination and unhidden hatred of those who have been acting with a view to drawing me out for a street fight. I can assure you that I will not react or join issues under whatever provocation. I will be leaving all such sworn enemies to their conscience and God if they believe in Him at all.

''To you as an organisation, please save your platform from being used to perpetrate this injustice as inspired by the prominent and phony member of your #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by omowolewa: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Simple and refined officer and pastor. Enjoy your new post sir
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by adamskutty(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
Huhu i love this change meeeehn! grin grin
If u are an enemy of progress you can go hug transformer. grin
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by stayblack: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
SAI BABA.... grin
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by arbitter: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hint: several other generals were replaced by 'northerners' at different directories and commands so go and make a list of them too would you?

Bunch of half wits who think they can blackmail a president they hate to appease their hateful asses.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Beanscake:
What are you going to do? Create a new topic on NL?

Help me ask the chest beater.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by tpiander: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hm, God will help us IJN.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Eshinery(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Reski:
Tribal bigotry is bad for your health. So desist from it. I don't care who is appointed they can even appoint buhari's son as long as we are assured of results.
you just spoke my mind all we need is get rid of these blood sucking animals aka BH and let the country be at peace that's all
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by ERONX(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Aboki dn dey run things 4 naija
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by banggy: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Yes, igbo are were we can find them.... i think around malaysia doing what they knw how to do best grin grin grin

franchizy:
Are there no Igbo's in the Army, why replace with another Northerner. The marginalization of the SE is quite annoying.
I condemn it, I condemn it and I call on PMB to request the reversal immediately or face our wrath.
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Sweetlemon(f): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
franchizy:
Are there no Igbo's in the Army, why replace with another Northerner. The marginalization of the SE is quite annoying.
I condemn it, I condemn it and I call on PMB to request the reversal immediately or face our wrath.

This is why I say you Igbos are not very smart politically.
You want Buhari to risk giving you guys key/sensitive military posts with all your recent shouts of biafra and hatred towards his govt?
You must be smoking something!

3 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by olyychyy(f): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Reski:
Tribal bigotry is bad for your health. So desist from it. I don't care who is appointed they can even appoint buhari's son as long as we are assured of results.
shut up and call a spade a spade my fwd. Are u not a Nigerian. Or are u blind. Mtchhh Ana akoyeli

7 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by jamb20s: 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by drfunso1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
why is Buhari centralizing his government on d Northerners only. We all voted for him. embarassed
Chris Olukolade you've done your best. kudos. Bokoharam will b eradicated one day.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by hamzeiy: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
franchizy:
hahaha...igbos..when would they have sense.....
take a clue from tompolos maturity in getting what you want
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Spybradd: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
kodlins:
A noble soldier he was.

..and then da award for his nobility is a hard boot/kick on da butt/arsse by da abookis...

Amalas don enter 1 chance...grin

4 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by PPAngel(f): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Abokinazation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by sunnyeinstein(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
If dem ride horse inside me today eh, nothing bad go happen. I am so freaking happy with the news. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Foolish man, turn army PR dept into another wing of PDP... he even abused Buhari and APC on facebook at a point, denting the military's image as a non-partisan angry angryorganisation. Go meet your otuoke lord for further instruction, shameless man! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by bugzbunny: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
chrisxxx:
When the Biafrans speak they claim that South South is part of Biafra. When a position is given to a South South man the Biafrans would claim that Biafrans have not been considered.
Fool.... Does Abubakar sound like a south south name?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
olyychyy:
shut up and call a spade a spade my fwd. Are u not a Nigerian. Or are u blind. Mtchhh Ana akoyeli
Am a Nigerian and Nigeria is more important than whatever tribe that exist within it. Ewu useless bigot.
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by slap1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
I dey laugh.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by shigoslim(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
i said the blood running in bubu is full of tribal bigot lipsrsealed . who said bokoharam is not north brian only mumu we denied that.
change indeed....... i lol at zulu slaver who has sell their birth right kiss

3 Likes

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by ibisko04: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Quite predictable, isn't it?

What I mean? Don't act like you didn't guess the replacement would be a NORTHERNER before reading the article.

Another Northern appointment and Buhari keeps reiterating he has no Northern agenda.undecided

Joker!
Stop this nonsense about where an appointed fellow hails from.
Is it Buhari that makes the appointment of dfi , this is purely an affair of defence headquarters.

1 Like

Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by IYANGBALI: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
franchizy:
igbos are warming up to move to biafra,so they doesn't need it
Re: Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information by ayindejimmy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Quite predictable, isn't it?

What I mean? Don't act like you didn't guess the replacement would be a NORTHERNER before reading the article.

Another Northern appointment and Buhari keeps reiterating he has no Northern agenda.undecided

Joker!
anything about the military will be dominated by Northerners cos they're the most populated there followed by the S.west.
Whats the populatn of S.S nd S.E in d military?
So let not get cynical

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe / Ijaw Youths Invade Ondo Village, Kill Five / Soldiers On Clearance Mission Hit By Boko Haram IED. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.