Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Same Script, Different Cast - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Same Script, Different Cast (15280 Views)

A Pastor Was Trying To Cast Out Demons Hiding In Her V*g!na, Then This Happened / Pastor Was Trying To Cast Out Demons Hiding In Her V*gina, Then This Happened / Nigerian Girls Remember Those Days When We Used To Trip For Half Cast Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is my 1st thread so I'm kinda nervous. ANYWAY. . Ok, so I was listening to this song by Whitney Houston & Deborah Cox, which is the same title as the title of this thread. It got me thinking. Basically, what the song is about is two women arguing over a man. One of the women (Whitney) is the ex & the other woman (Deborah) is the current girlfriend. In the song, Whitney is trying to warn Deborah about the guy she is dating, Whitney's ex. Whitney goes on to tell her about all the bad things that this guy does (eg. "When you love him, he becomes unattracted to you", etc) & concludes by saying, "I wish the one before me would have warned me too".

So, just for fun, if you were to meet your recent ex's currently boyfriend/girlfriend, what is that ONE thing you'd warn him or her about your ex? Does she break all the man's house windows when she's mad? Does he give a woman black eye? Whatever it is. Just that one thing that stands out about your ex.
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Cutehector(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
I dnt say bad things abt my exes.. They were all amazing....

4 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by ArchEnemy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
Cutehector:
I dnt say bad things abt my exes.. They were all amazing....
Way to go Bro

2 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by baralatie(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
old things have passed away all things have become new.

well unless she is potential murderer.I have to perform my civil duties and report her to the police

2 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Cutehector(m): 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
ArchEnemy:

Way to go Bro
dnt get u
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by 25omega(m): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Poster

you sound like a hater. If you had a bad time with someone, that doesn't mean that the person they are with will experience the same thing you did. So saying something negative about someone you aren't even dating anymore shows that you are either jealous, hating or still in love

live and let live

1 Like

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by ArchEnemy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Cutehector:
dnt get u
Good response
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by baralatie(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
25omega:
Poster

you sound like a hater. If you had a bad time with someone, that doesn't mean that the person they are with will experience the same thing you did. So saying something negative about someone you aren't even dating anymore shows that you are either jealous, hating or still in love

live and let live
I don't think you understand op! the song by Whitney and co was a real life song of what African american women face.it was not about hate at all.
to the topic women generally will react differently to such issues than the men when faced with the same issues.
but I wish Whitney listened to earlier warnings about brown.

4 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
25omega:
Poster

live and let live

Ok 1st of all listen, this is not NOT about me. 2ndly, I already stated that it's about a song I was listening to that got me thinking & JUST FOR FUN, I wanted to hear what other people would say if they met up with their ex's current squeeze.

Now back to me, I had a girl come up to me & asked me about the guy we were both dating. The most interesting thing is that, we both had similar experiences with him. He was controlling. Some people have relationship patterns, so it's not about being a "hater" or whatever you choose to call me for opening this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
I've opened a similar thread on an international forum I frequent & the replies are hilarious. Sorry, I can't copy & paste them. I'm on my phone. One lady says, "if he says he wants a baby with you run because he has 5 other babymamas. He's a deadbeat". One guys says, "make sure you have plastic knives around her because she will stab you".

I thought we'd have fun with this, but never mind. Thanks for reading anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Well I'd tell him take care of her.....but don't allow her kiss yu too much..
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
Well I'd tell him take care of her.....but don't allow her kiss yu too much..

Hello friend smiley Thanks for the reply even though the thread didn't turn out how I expected cry grin I guess I'm used to the type of discussions from the other group. Ah well. How are you this morning?
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Gurgle(f): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2015
Hm

If somebody did that Im not sure I would listen to the advice but keep it in mind. If somebody came and started spewing stuff about your current fellow would you listen to it? Or just assume the woman is trying to spoil him for you
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by tpiander: 6:57am On Jul 31, 2015
just join the caravan of love, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFK6q7kF9Y
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:
Hm

If somebody did that Im not sure I would listen to the advice but keep it in mind. If somebody came and started spewing stuff about your current fellow would you listen to it? Or just assume the woman is trying to spoil him for you

Hi

Well, I think people missed the point of the thread. It was not meant to be serious or something anyone would do in real life out of jealousy or whatever. It was more of a hypothetical question. Like, if you could walk up to that person that's with your ex, what would you tell them to be aware of or look out for. I doubt many would do that in real life, including myself, so it was more about those things we wish their next "victim" could know just before they got caught up. It was meant to be fun. People on the other forum didn't take it seriously either so I heard things like--I'd love to tell my ex's current boo that..
-he doesn't keep a job
-keep an eye on your wallet because she's a thief
-lock your medicine cabinet because she's a pill popper
-he wears the same stinking sneakers so stock up on air fresher
-when she says she's working overtime, make sure she's not giving bjs at the parking lot to that fat guy at her office
-a relationship with her, expect it to be a relationship between you, her & her mom because her mom will be all over your business
^^^^^
These are people's real life experiences & things they wish they could get out there but could only think about because they can't really go up to the new person & tell them that they're dating a thief, cheat, etc.

Anyway, one lady that also posted said she did go to the girl she heard was dating her ex, just to let her know of the kind of trouble she was getting herself into. She said the girl cussed her out. However, a few years later they met up again & the girl told her that she wish she had listened. Things like that. I myself have looked at the women that got with some of exs soon after things ended & thought to myself, "OMG, if she only knew what an $@#£¥ he is".

That's yesterday's news anyway & I'm over the thread already lol.

5 Likes

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Gurgle(f): 8:05am On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hi

Well, I think people missed the point of the thread. It was not meant to be serious or something anyone would do in real life out of jealousy or whatever. It was more of a hypothetical question. Like, if you could walk up to that person that's with your ex, what would you tell them to be aware of or look out for. I doubt many would do that in real life, including myself, so it was more about those things we wish their next "victim" could know just before they got caught up. It was meant to be fun. People on the other forum didn't take it seriously either so I heard things like--I'd love to tell my ex's current boo that..
-he doesn't keep a job
-when she says she's working overtime, make sure she's not giving bjs at the parking lot to that fat guy at her office
-a relationship with her, expect it to be a relationship between you, her & her mom because her mom will be all over your business
^^^^^
These are people's real life experiences & things they wish they could get out there but could only think about because they can't really go up to the new person & tell them that they're dating a thief, cheat, etc.

Anyway, one lady that also posted said she did go to the girl she heard was dating her ex, just to let her know of the kind of trouble she was getting herself into. She said the girl cussed her out. However, a few years later they met up again & the girl told her that she wish she had listened. Things like that. I myself have looked at the women that got with some of exs soon after things ended & thought to myself, "OMG, if she only knew what an $@#£¥ he is".

Okkkkkk I understand you now. thanks lol
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by bqlekan(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2015
Ok, lets assume op is my ex, I will warn her new boyfriend he should never take op serious cos her first thread on Naira land doesn't address a serious issue.. sorry I don't have an ex grin
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hello friend smiley Thanks for the reply even though the thread didn't turn out how I expected cry grin I guess I'm used to the type of discussions from the other group. Ah well. How are you this morning?
I am ok, but it been cold here all night no warm arms to run into, hw about yu, whatsup with yu? yu feel all right ?

Well back to the topic: baby this is Nigeria, nd we ain't smiling here, maybe yu should get use to getting the opposite of what yu expect...

1 Like

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hi

-he doesn't keep a job
^^^^^

yeah some of us get too serious over here with little or no issue....

1 Like

Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
I am ok, but it been cold here all night no warm arms to run into, hw about yu, whatsup with yu? yu feel all right ?

Well back to the topic: baby this is Nigeria, nd we ain't smiling here, maybe yu should get use to getting the opposite of what yu expect...

Yeah. Aww, poor you lol. Add more blankets to your pile then or find a talking one, if you know what I mean wink We're just about to emerge out of cold season here too. It has been cold for a while & thank God it's almost over. I have a bit of flu at the moment because my system reacts to change of season. Other than that, I'm tops.
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yeah. Aww, poor you lol. Add more blankets to your pile then or find a talking one, if you know what I mean wink We're just about to emerge out of cold season here too. It has been cold for a while & thank God it's almost over. I have a bit of flu at the moment because my system reacts to change of season. Other than that, I'm tops.
yeah poor me indeed..I am getting tired of finding won't yu assist a brother in need sister.. Sorry about yur health, as yu already knw its a moment thing yu go be all well soon...well I can't wait for cold here to move aside, cuz I intend to come join yu on tops..
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
yeah poor me indeed..I am getting tired of finding won't yu assist a brother in need sister.. Sorry about yur health, as yu already knw its a moment thing yu go be all well soon...well I can't wait for cold here to move aside, cuz I intend to come join yu on tops..

How long does the cold season usually last over there? Lol, you need my help on finding a laday? Shhh...come here, what qualities are you looking for in a woman? And at around what age group?
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by VaselineJelly: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
I will ask d new man if he is liking d kitty an yansh proper, if not, I will giv him a tips
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

How long does the cold season usually last over there? Lol, you need my help on finding a laday? Shhh...come here, what qualities are you looking for in a woman? And at around what age group?
as now to September or October it would b over......
hmm! Its a private matter come to my office,' will yu? Nd I hv some personal issue that I'd love to share with yu cuz I need a bit of advice from yu, if yu don't mind of course.
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Our brand of humor is different you see smiley
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
hmm! Its a private matter come to my office,' will yu?

Wow, that's long. lol @ come to my office. Maybe another time smiley I'm not a fan of the whole pm thing. I just don't know what I'd say to a stranger/man in private lol. I'm square that way I guess lol.
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
hmm! Its a private matter come to my office,' will yu? Nd I hv some personal issue that I'd love to share with yu cuz I need a bit of advice from yu, if yu don't mind of course.

In that case then, cool. I don't mind.
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
BoboYekini:
Our brand of humor is different you see smiley

I've noticed, but it's alright smiley
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Wow, that's long. lol @ come to my office. Maybe another time smiley I'm not a fan of the whole pm thing. I just don't know what I'd say to a stranger/man in private lol. I'm square that way I guess lol.
funny! Aint yu been paranoid ?well its ok, no worries...yeah it is long here, never easy..
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by frakdon(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

In that case then, cool. I don't mind.
I get it no worries, sport. Smiles*
Re: Same Script, Different Cast by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
frakdon:
funny! Aint yu been paranoid ?well its ok, no worries...yeah it is long here, never easy..

lol, I'm afraid of the wrong thing happening. We're human after all & no one is immune to certain things. Never underestimate the power of communication. It can be seductive grin Private talking just seem a tad intimate & conversations could take a deeper & saucy turn quickly, yanno wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

When Being Loving Becomes Inevitable / WTF: Can You Explain What This Girl is doing On The floor 18+ photos / Is It Normal That I Prefer BJ To Actual Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.