Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (6002 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Ex-militant Leader Accuses Kachikwu Of Funding Opposition, Calls On Buhari / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kx: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
This is the reason I personally want to be involved in the rebranding project of Dora.
[quote][/quote]
Bros when u get in,do let us know so we can mail u d cvs of friends who are job hunting.
u never can tell,it could be an opportunity to rebrand their careers grin grin grin
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by gReenmAn(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2009
My take.

Give the project a chance.
Give Dora the benefit of the doubt, after all she has a solid pedigree that ought to persuade doubting thomases.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by emiemi(f): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2009
Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians, how many times did I call you? Why will u leave the weightier matters of power project, job creation, lessening overdependence on oil, refinery building, health sector revamping and invest huge sums on the less weightier matters of REBRANDING? This must be another hip-cracker for the international society?
Anyway, Dora should concentrate on information dissipation and stop making herself look like a fool. I am personally not deceived by whatever name such project might be called.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Pepeye(f): 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2009
I’ve always admired Dora’s fervour, enthusiasm and gusto for her job. . but on this I guess she is obviously making a mistake. A raw capitalism like Nigeria rebranding will not work; attempts at rebranding will only manifest in a grandiose scale. . The fallacy of contradictions capitalism
In the factory of history, rebranding can only work if the masses of humanity in the country could meet their basic needs.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Iranoladun(f): 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
What is the meaning of "ROFLMAO" and "lol" I see this being posted as responses in Nairaland
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Aderoy(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
Hi Iranoladun,

ROFLMAO simply means Rolling On the Floor, Laugh My Ass Out.

@Poster, and all Nairalanders

Let's start by combating the issues raised by an anonimous messages created to batter the image of Nigeria on this website: [size=38pt]http://www.universityofnigeria.com/[/size]

Let us all join hands in repairing and salvaging what's left of an already baterred image. Provide our leaders think twice.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by cvibe: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
Kudos to Dora!

Nigeria is now an old wine in a new bottle with the same old taste.

Abi?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by DoubleN(m): 8:02am On Mar 21, 2009
Another avenue to chop money!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by neduonuora: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2009
Rebrand indeed!! Good idea but whats the point repackaging cartons of expired products!!!
we have to start developing Nigeria by sanitising and 'reconscientising' the mentality of an average Nigerian. The problem with Nigeria is 'US'. Until we begin to think positive and take the developmental needs of Nigeria in our hands, nothing whatsoever will work in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!! We sit in our houses and condemn the political class whereas we are alot more corrupt than they are. An average Nigerian wants to evade utility bills at the expense of Govt, gain University admission with best Universities without working hard for it. Some of us patronise and even sell pirated CDs, when we fully understand its consequences on intellectual development of Nigerian arts and culture. How do we want things to work with such mentality? We must take up the fight ourselves, leaving behind the political class and lift Nigeria up in our little ways (no matter how small your contribution is) as that will go a long way in taking Nigeria to greater height.

I received one of those annoying forwarded mails few days ago from www.naijapoint.com and was impressed as the site is more or less a review forum where people send in complaint or something of that sort.

Let us be good citizens and stop passing the whole blame on politicians as the problem with NIgeria revolves aound the Govt. and we are part of it.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Pepeye(f): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2009
Double N:

Another avenue to chop money!

Another avenue for money minded politicians who re only are interested in the total ruination of this nation
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by jacobs123(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2009
The question i'ld love to ask Prof. Dora are:

if Nigeria were a product,will she re-brand it?
if Nigeria were a company, will she re-brand it?

My own personal answers are

if Nigeria were a product, I will seek to improve it's quality not re-brand it.
if Nigeria were a company, I will change it management team not re-brand it.
Anything short of the above is like a Nigerian bank advertising on CNN or a Nigerian bank branding Heathrow's Terminal 5. It is waste of money, deception and an ego-trip.

I think she can ask the banks what their re-branding effort has done for them on CNN or seek to understand why countries like Cyprus, India, Malta, South Africa, Malaysia etc will seek to have a product to market before advertising themselves on CNN. As if to underscore the point, one of her team members lost his phone at the venue of the re-branding.

All the best to her in this effort. I hope she can silence those of us who see this as a waste of effort.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by tolaakins: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2009
Dora is clearly an attention seeker. she just want pple to think she can make a difference in a minstry where she knws nottin abut. With her statement she obviously doesnt knw the meaning of rebranding Nigeria because i dont see the relationship between rebranding Nigeria and heart of Africa project.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 22, 2009
Very soon these confused leaders (Dora inclusive) will arrogantly tell us that it is time to change the name Nigeria for us to develop. I think what we need now is another war. Total war not on the basis of ethnicity, religious affliation or gender, but on our rulers. How long are we gona keep hoping my ppl?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by lukkie(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
this re-branding thing is a waste of resources and further shows that this government is confused and has no direction. if we make things work - NEPA, healthcare, good roads and the rest of them - Nigeria would automatically be re-branded. dora akunyili is about to lose all the respect she earned over the years.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Phemzy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2009
This is another way of pocketing money

Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2009
jacobs123:

The question i'ld love to ask Prof. Dora are:

if Nigeria were a product,will she re-brand it?
if Nigeria were a company, will she re-brand it?

My own personal answers are

if Nigeria were a product, I will seek to improve it's quality not re-brand it.
if Nigeria were a company, I will change it management team not re-brand it.
Anything short of the above is like a Nigerian bank advertising on CNN or a Nigerian bank branding Heathrow's Terminal 5. It is waste of money, deception and an ego-trip.

I think she can ask the banks what their re-branding effort has done for them on CNN or seek to understand why countries like Cyprus, India, Malta, South Africa, Malaysia etc will seek to have a product to market before advertising themselves on CNN. As if to underscore the point, one of her team members lost his phone at the venue of the re-branding.

All the best to her in this effort. I hope she can silence those of us who see this as a waste of effort.

Nigeria is actually a product- a product of our collective actions, Nigeria is a company- a company of good people who still remain one despite all the horrors we have been through.

Your question as to what the banks' CNN advert did for them, my answer is A LOT!
How many of our banks are listed on the london stock? Atleast I know of 2 (GTBank and Intercntal) You cant achieve that feat being in the dark despite an effective management in place.

I promise those of you naysayers, YOU WILL BE SILENCED very soon.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by dwonder(m): 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by SapeleGuy: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
Rebranding is a euphemism for propaganda and the last resort of those without viable ideas for progressing a nation. How can you possibly think that changing perceptions is the solution to the problems on ground.

If they are serious about this issue, Government should lead from the front and set an example in a few areas, namely:
1- Good quality healthcare for all - not just for leaders who can go abroad.
2- Improve educational attainment - last years WAEC pass rate was under 25%.
3- Truly valuing citizens at home and abroad - Goto the High Commission in London to sample customer care, you will despair.
4- Improve the infrastructure - it is not rocket science, give us electricity and water.

We don't need rebranding, we need action. Nigerians are good people, very patient - The French and Russians had revolutions for much less injustice. First, the heart of Africa, now this. Stop taking the people for a ride, their patience is running out.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Rebranding is a euphemism for propaganda and the last resort of those without viable ideas for progressing a nation. How can you possibly think that changing perceptions is the solution to the problems on ground.

If they are serious about this issue, Government should lead from the front and set an example in a few areas, namely:
1- Good quality healthcare for all - not just for leaders who can go abroad.
2- Improve educational attainment - last years WAEC pass rate was under 25%.
3- Truly valuing citizens at home and abroad - Goto the High Commission in London to sample customer care, you will despair.
4- Improve the infrastructure - it is not rocket science, give us electricity and water.

We don't need rebranding, we need action. Nigerians are good people, very patient - The French and Russians had revolutions for much less injustice. First, the heart of Africa, now this. Stop taking the people for a ride, their patience is running out.

MR POSTER,
THE REASON NIGERIAN STUDENTS FAILED WAEC IS BECAUSE THEY DID NOT PREPARE PROPERLY. NOT BECAUSE PROF DORA WANTS TO REBRAND OR BECAUSE OF YARADUA'S FAULT. YES, WE AGREE THAT THE EDUCATION SECTOR SHOULD BE MADE ATTRACTIVE FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO BECOME TEACHERS, YET EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A STUDENT DETRMINED TO MAKE O-LEVEL WILL MAKE IT NO MATTER WHAT. SOME OF US WROTE IT FROM VILLAGES YET MADE THE NECESSARY 6 CREDITS.

HOW CAN YOU RECONCILE THE FACT THAT MOST STUDENTS NOW RELY ON EXAM MALPRACTICES TO SCALE THROUGH WITH THE BILLIONS OF NAIRA INJECTED INTO THAT SECTOR ANNUALLY?

REBRANDING IS THE KEY THAT WILL INSTILL SELF-RELIANCE AND CONFIDENCE IN THEM AND THEIR NATION. IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES OR THEIR NATION, THEY WONT READ TO PASS.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Fhemmmy: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
Can someone tell me what this re-branding is all about?
how do you rebrand a nation that has no light, no drinkable water, no security, no law, no good road, a nation where the beaches are littered with human poo and pee, where you see adult doing their thing at the corner and no one can arrest them?
Please, i think it is better to use that money to retrain the mind of the people as well as provide the basic amenities.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2009
Guess who is going to be at the forefront of the rebranding BullManure? THE EVER LOVED NIGERIAN POLICE. THATS WHO? thats according to the Police affairs minister. at this point all i can do is appeal to Premadona Dora her need to explain to us/nigerians in detail what this whole rebranding swan song really entails and how she intends to go about it.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2009
She can not fix anything else but somehow she can take on the national police and cause them to change? This I have to see!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by mustafar1: 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2009
Kobo, dont under estimate the ability of the premadona. she made sure every package of pure water had a nafdac number so why would u doubt her ability to stop constable danjumachiditaiwo from having the inbuilt N50 collection gene.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Mar 25, 2009
Roflmao!! I would really like it if we could follow the progress, or lack of, of this scheme. It would be a way to really understand the direction in which the yar adua government intends to go from here; I mean after 18 months in office is he ready to act or should we expect the same from him?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by abuja4real: 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
now we are talking rebranding without SOURCING OF FUNDS

DUGBE MARKET DON START BE THAT OH
CHOP MAKE I CHOP

RE-BRANDING INDEED
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Nemeziz9ja: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
grin
Long before this branding sing-song became an issue of national debate, I have said my piece.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230994.0.html
You cannot be wearing rags if you own a textile mill; something must be wrong gnorw
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by IFELEKE(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

She can not fix anything else but somehow she can take on the national police and cause them to change? This I have to see!
Yeah,Re brand them to start collecting 50naira instead of the usual 20naira.

lukkie:

this re-branding thing is a waste of resources and further shows that this government is confused and has no direction. if we make things work - NEPA, healthcare, good roads and the rest of them - Nigeria would automatically be re-branded. dora akunyili is about to lose all the respect she earned over the years.
Exactly,
I mean what are we even talking about?
Must this gluttonic government shout before everyone realise the fact that they are not and may never get it right as far as moving the nation forward is concerned?
I mean,I was going through the dailies yesterday and I read about a rural telephony contract that was awarded for billions of naira with contractors fully mobilised(100%money wise) and nothing to show for it.This and many more are the issues that should be treated and properly addressed before jumping on another white elephant project.
Dora just opened another channel through which they will siphon monies again.
Very soon we shall see.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by comfort3: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2009
wink
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by jacobs123(m): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2009
father ab:

Nigeria is actually a product- a product of our collective actions, Nigeria is a company- a company of good people who still remain one despite all the horrors we have been through.

Your question as to what the banks' CNN advert did for them, my answer is A LOT!
How many of our banks are listed on the london stock? Atleast I know of 2 (GTBank and Intercntal) You cant achieve that feat being in the dark despite an effective management in place.

I promise those of you naysayers, YOU WILL BE SILENCED very soon.

father Ab,
i would have loved to sit down with you to understand where this faith in the re-branding exercise comes from but I suspect that even that will be a useless waste of valuable time.

I'ld like to know if you know about the re-branding exercise of a bank called WEMA bank. Dora may want to learn from them why re-branding does not solve every problem. I would have loved to talk about the so-called "success" of GTBank and Intercontinental Bank's branding campaign but I guess learning from WEMA bank will tell us that there is a chance of failure even when you re-brand.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2009
@ LAST POSTER,
I work on Lagos Island.
Maybe I can help correct any wrong view you have about Nigeria.
GUD PEOPLE, GR8 NATION!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Arogunmasa(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2009
This re-branding thing is a joke. It cannot work. Even among nigerians the brand is not popular; they just want to flush the money down the drain. Come to Lagos and learn how to rebrand nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses / Emmerson Munangagwa, Zimbabwean President Congratulates Buhari / Nigerian Man Arrested In London For Instigating Killing Of Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.