Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (6000 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Ex-militant Leader Accuses Kachikwu Of Funding Opposition, Calls On Buhari / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by luluosas(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2009
The attached contains the logo and slogan for the rebranding Nigeria project. Whether we like it or not, we must start from somewhere.

Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 10:03am On Mar 19, 2009
Of what use is re-branding if the actual product doesn't sell itself.Perhaps its the phrase that is confusing, the whole idea is brilliant if implemented with other sectors performing at least at average.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Pepeye(f): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2009
Rebranding project can be another national joke beos the bourgeoning capitalist, money minded politicians are interested in the total ruination of the proletariat and annihilation of the middle class. . while at the same time engaging in primitive accumulation
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Cypost: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2009
Dora will soon loose all the goodwill she has garnered all these years by persistence support to government positions which is
usually unpopular and
this re-branding rubbish.

We have to get our priorities right ;a hungry or jobless man can not be singing the re branding anthem.

They wasted over 1 billion in Heart Of Africa project and now this.

You dont need to be told that Fasola is re-branding Lagos.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Phemzy(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2009
naijakonet:

I guess the only business that works 100% in Nigeria is politics, I've seen lot's of morons fight their way into power and that ends the story. Nigerian does not need a re branding thing that they would spend our money on adverts running on CNN, who do they wanna deceive? Nigerians or the international community? Hmmmm!!!!!, I guess China didn't rebuild it's economy by 1st kick starting re branding,

The world today is a global village and those PDP folks that voted themselves into power are too blind to see this, we can end up re branding all we can and it would not take us anywhere, Let me give you guys my feel of what is happening in the global economy,

The west engineered the Globalization thing and didn't really envisioned how the whole sides of the coin would look like, Companies from the United States and other western European countries find it more attractive to do business in China (low labour cost), They started shutting down plants in the USA and Europe and headed off to China, What do you think happened to workers who worked these firms, Hmmmm!!! they got fired and somehow couldn't pay they mortgages and they Banks in return got some negative balance sheets and they now call it the Market Crunch, Why didn't our stupid leaders sit down and look into the globalization thing and re brand Nigerian Power Sector, Infrastructures and , so we could benefit from all these, See why China, India and other Asian countries are better than us, (Outsourcing!!!!!!!!!)

Now they want to get funds and buy new cars and build new mansions and , in the name of re branding, Please someone should tell them we don't care and give a damn about them, they have all failed us, Who would want to do biz in an economy that is driven by Generators,

Some of these ppl in power today attended some summits in which they signed accords that was supposed to help Nigeria get into the Globalization thing, they went there to drink tea and sleep in hotels that were not power by Generators, All i can say is shame on this bastards that call themselves leaders in 9ja, MAy they all see dooms day!!!! May everyone say AMEN!!!!

I'm out, grin

VERY GOOD OF YOU
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by ollykay(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2009
It is so pathetic to think that does we believe to see the adversities of our great but unfortunate orphan of a country nigeria have come to a naive conclusion.

I wonder why we always like to take shortcut in all our moves in nigeria, Dora knows the nemesis of nigeria, she also know too well all the things to be corrected but she thought she could accidentally become the afternoon preacher of justice through campaigning and finally become the messiah of Nigeria.

The hidden question is, more money that ought to be invested into agriculture to improve our local production, the ability to convince that ought to be displayed among Pseudo-democratic dictators called Reps. to change them from cutting corners, or can she vulge that she doesnt obtain unecessary estacode like the rest of her surbodinate?, can you guyz 'imagine a kettle trying to scratch the back of a pot'.

Did she not see the deterioring manufacturing sector?, or is it the colapssed dunlop elite company that have relocated to another country due to unfavourable economy of Nigeria that you want to come and agree with you that the so called corrupt country has turn a new leave?,
what have we to show for it?,
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2009
ollykay:

It is so pathetic to think that does we believe to see the adversities of our great but unfortunate orphan of a country nigeria have come to a naive conclusion.

I wonder why we always like to take shortcut in all our moves in nigeria, Dora knows the nemesis of nigeria, she also know too well all the things to be corrected but she thought she could accidentally become the afternoon preacher of justice through campaigning and finally become the messiah of Nigeria.

The hidden question is, more money that ought to be invested into agriculture to improve our local production, the ability to convince that ought to be displayed among Pseudo-democratic dictators called Reps. to change them from cutting corners, or can she vulge that she doesnt obtain unecessary estacode like the rest of her surbodinate?, can you guyz 'imagine a kettle trying to scratch the back of a pot'.

Did she not see the deterioring manufacturing sector?, or is it the colapssed dunlop elite company that have relocated to another country due to unfavourable economy of Nigeria that you want to come and agree with you that the so called corrupt country has turn a new leave?,
what have we to show for it?,

Sad!!!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2009
Dora Akunyili is Minister of Information AND COMMUNICATION!!!!! When she was first appointed, I was ecstatic because I thought MTN and co were in trouble - Madam Palaver was going to be on their neck to fix gsm charges and give us better service - so much for power to the people. I dont even want to imagine what must have gone down - or under the table!!! Instead she's diverting attention with this useless re-branding thing. Madam Do-Good, if you mean it, use the power of your office to ensure better service for your people!!!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by ScanLess: 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
marissa:

Dora Akunyili is Minister of Information AND COMMUNICATION!!!!! When she was first appointed, I was ecstatic because I thought MTN and co were in trouble - Madam Palaver was going to be on their neck to fix gsm charges and give us better service - so much for power to the people. I dont even want to imagine what must have gone down - or under the table!!! Instead she's diverting attention with this useless re-branding thing. Madam Do-Good, if you mean it, use the power of your office to ensure better service for your people!!!

Hey Auntie Dora, this is what we call rebranding !!!!!!!!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
She could at least work on opening up the information and communication channels, in that country, between government and the people. She could focus on changing improving communication at the LGA, state and federal levels in that country. She could work on digitizing data at all levels so people can have better access to information anywhere in the country. She does not have to fix electricity or provide better health care, but in a country like Nigeria, there are a 1001 things a minister of information and communication can do to make things better in that counttry. Rebranding at this time is definitely not one of them.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kx: 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2009
Rebranding is about image making.

1.Dora presented and defended her ministry's budget proposal,she did not envisage rebranding then-dis gos to say dis project was not even thought of.

2.While she ll be telling the world dat niger delta is peaceful and safe for investment,expartriates will at the same time be kidnapped by dem mama boys.

3.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerian infrastructure can support their hard earned dollar investments,Dunlop and other coys will be closing shop,wareshouses and factories and relocate to a more stable Ghana.

4.While she ll be telling d world dat corruption is being tackled by the EFCC,Ibori's wife,etc will be quizzed in London for corruption.

5.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerians are gainfully employed,yahoo boys will be swindling mugus in spain,a 19yr old will be going to jail in lagos for duping an Australian widow.

6.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerians are not drug traffickers,a nigerian is being held in China for trafficking 87kg of hard drug.

7.While she ll be telling the world dat nigeria is a third world poor country dat will appreciate their coming to invest,nigerian pastors will be buying private jets without blinking their eyelids.

8.While she ll be telling the world dat health facilities in nigeria are worldclass,yaradua will be travelling abroad for medical check up.

Do we need to douse the flaring flame at the top without attacking the fire at the base?
Brand sells itself.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by favcom(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2009
I was in a reception recently organised for Prof Dora Akunyili at the Lagoon Restaurant wink
You need to see how she tried to convince us about the importance of the project, despite the misgivings of people present there (including Prof Pat Utomi, Sen Mike Ajaegbo et al)
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by tenhap(m): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2009
Kx:

Rebranding is about image making.

1.Dora presented and defended her ministry's budget proposal,she did not envisage rebranding then-dis gos to say dis project was not even thought of.

2.While she ll be telling the world dat niger delta is peaceful and safe for investment,expartriates will at the same time be kidnapped by dem mama boys.

3.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerian infrastructure can support their hard earned dollar investments,Dunlop and other coys will be closing shop,wareshouses and factories and relocate to a more stable Ghana.

4.While she ll be telling d world dat corruption is being tackled by the EFCC,Ibori's wife,etc will be quizzed in London for corruption.

5.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerians are gainfully employed,yahoo boys will be swindling mugus in spain,a 19yr old will be going to jail in lagos for duping an Australian widow.

6.While she ll be telling the world dat nigerians are not drug traffickers,a nigerian is being held in China for trafficking 87kg of hard drug.

7.While she ll be telling the world dat nigeria is a third world poor country dat will appreciate their coming to invest,nigerian pastors will be buying private jets without blinking their eyelids.

8.While she ll be telling the world dat health facilities in nigeria are worldclass,yaradua will be travelling abroad for medical check up.

Do we need to douse the flaring flame at the top without attacking the fire at the base?
Brand sells itself.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2009
The idea was just raised over 6 weeks ago and she's ready to implement it? She should put this through the pipeline while other sectors including hers do their homework.Thats not rocket science is it?Once the prospective investor/onlookers/observers whom the re-branding is aimed at sees the real deal they are more receptive and can make their judgments. You can't force people to look at you different if as a guardian you're all dressed up and your offsprings are in rags.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by jamace(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2009
Rebranding project can be another national joke beos the bourgeoning capitalist, money minded politicians are interested in the total ruination of the proletariat and annihilation of the middle class. . while at the same time engaging in primitive accumulation

This grammar is enough rebranding for Nigerians. grin grin
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by IFELEKE(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
Kaestro:

The idea was just raised over 6 weeks ago and she's ready to implement it? She should put this through the pipeline while other sectors including hers do their homework.Thats not rocket science is it?Once the prospective investor/onlookers/observers whom the re-branding is aimed at sees the real deal they are more receptive and can make their judgments. You can't force people to look at you different if as a guardian you're all dressed up and your offsprings are in rags.
Re-Branding Project Nigeria is like Washing A Dirty Linen In Dirty Waters. . .
The only place these set of Visionless Leaders are taking us is The NADIR in all facets.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Aderoy(m): 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2009
Oya now,

Country people, re-brand this one:

[size=18pt]http://www.universityofnigeria.com/[/size]

I wept profusely when a friend drew my attention to this website.

I weep so much for my beloved bride - Nigeria.  How did we allow oursleves to get here for God sake.

Still weeping  cry
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Kaestro(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2009
@ Aderoy.
This shows how people will take day jobs helping us with our image.The ministry's website cannot even match this.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by jaymdee(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2009
Wrong step in d wrong direction
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Affalatus: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2009
I do not want to castigate anyone at this point. I do understand what the country is experiencing. Rebranding at this point is like telling a cancer patient at the height of chemotherapy with the pains and body chemistry changes associated that there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

Another angle to all this is this: The Greatest Professor of Marketing i know in Nigeria Professor. I. C. Achumba told me that the best way to destroy a bad product is to give it a very extensive, false and far reaching advertising as being wonderously perfect. Why? Because a trial will truly confuse and convince you.

Stay blessed all, Stay blessed Dora Akunyili, her detractors and her praise singers.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by otukpo(f): 8:35am On Mar 20, 2009
Let us learn to give people a chance to do their bit.

When Fashola came into office, he started with planting of flowers. People criticised him so much, saying all sorts of things; that lagosians are dying of hunger, no good road, poor condition of schools, health care blah blah blah and all he could think of was planting of flowers. To make the matter worse, that he even spent money to import the flowers he was planting.

But today, to most of them Fashola is the best Governor, a reference point for good governance etc.

Dora could start somewhere too, lets give her a chance.

Remember she is not the Minister for Commerce & Industry as someone pointed out that our Manufacturing sector is dead. The state of the nation is painful and we are angry with our past leaders. But in our anger, desperation, frustration and hopelessness, we should try to reason properly. Dora is only the Minister of Information and Communication.

Naija: Great Nation, Good people.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Orikinla(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2009
Those who embezzled hundreds of millions of naira under the camouflage of the Nigeria: Heart of Africa Project are not invisible spirits and the new Minister of Information and Communication should probe them and prosecute those found guilty.

The Nigeria: Heart of Africa Project failed woefully, because those who were contracted for the project fooled the Nigerian government and I know them all.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by ijawgirl: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Orikinla

Are you from bonny?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fyneguy: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2009
Hmmmm

What an Irony

Ex Madam Nafdac is trying to sell a fake product (Nigeria) .
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Orikinla(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2009
Alder Consulting has questions to answer on how the Nigeria: Heart of Africa Project failed.

What's the idea? Brand idea - Heart of Africa ProjectTo accomplish this, Alder Consulting conceptualised what is known as the Heart of Africa Project (aka the Nigeria Image Project), a programme for Nigeria's ,
www.alder-consulting.com/ideas/Brand_Ideas/brand_hoa.asp

National programmes case studies - Federal Ministry of Information , The Heart of Africa Project – a programme for Nigeria’s image management and economic , In 2004, Alder developed a cohesive image programme for Nigeria to ,
www.alder-consulting.com/case_studies/national/
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by slyk2(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2009
This adminstration looks slow and undirectional yet a lot has been achieved.

Lets give this woman a chance to lay her cards on the ground.

Have we asked of what she has set out to achieve?

This re-branding will help Nigeria better in this present time.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2009
I have reserved my comments since this thread started simply because deep inside my heart, I weep for the youths of this country who cannot see beyond the past. How can we come to nairaland to criticize Akunyili's project when we do not fully understand the new approach she is introducing into giving Nigeria a great Identity?
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Orikinla(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2009
ijaw_girl:

@Orikinla

Are you from bonny?

I came from Bonny on a working visit to Lagos.
My base is still Bonny for strategic reasons.

As I was saying Alder is responsible for the failure of the Nigeria: Heart of Africa Project and the sooner we investigate and prosecute the criminals who used the camouflage of Consultancy to swindle us the better.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by slyk2(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
we have to hinge more on implementation not just long turenchi.

this NAFDAC wonam has been an achiever lets allow her.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by Orikinla(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
We cannot re-brand Nigeria by lip service and eye service.

When we can arrest, prosecute and execute criminals in the public and private sectors by firing them at the Bar Beach in public, then we can re-brand Nigeria.

Those who bastardized Nigeria are already included in the new committee on Re-Branding Nigeria.

Only a total revolution can salvage the image of Nigeria.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
In the time of Frank Uweke, he used several millions of tax-payer fund to travel abroad to lodge in expensive hotels around the globe saying he was branding Nigeria's image. Today, a woman who has protected us and our children from fake drugs has come to protect the entire Nation from an evil image stamped on us by few individuals who looted our money abroad and who looted foreigners online. Those devils among us whose corrupt businesses she had folded in the past are leading a massive campaign of calumny against her. To them, its payback time for her. Then one ignorant Nairalander who managed to escape to the USA or another who sits in front of computer here wants to crucify Dora. May God forgive you all.
Re: Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding by fatherab1: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2009
I happen to have co-founded a Brand consulting firm with my wife before we married in May 2008. The most striking aspect of Branding or Rebranding is that the human nature acts and reacts first  to brands. This was what informed the saying FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS LONGER and YOU ARE ADDRESSED THE WAY YOU DRESS. There is a way that shit can be branded (packaging, etc) that it will sell like hotcake. An author once wrote a book and it didnt sell. Then he changed the back cover and it became a bestseller.

What Dora is trying to do is to change the back cover of Nigeria. To do this, huge amounts are not required. This is the reason I personally want to be involved in the rebranding project of Dora. There are several brand tactics that will not cost the govt a dime to implement. Money answers all things but it is not all things that answers money. Do I make sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Just Went Off In Zuba Abuja | Bauchi Too / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Wonderful God! Lagoon Fishes In The Street Of Lagos To Celebrate APC Victory(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.