Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! (51451 Views)

Create A Pool Of Encouragement, Enthusiasm And Motivation For Yourself / TEAM PROCTOR[INSPIRATION AND Motivation]-unleashing All Hidden Potentials-#hftf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2015
bare1:
Good morning pals. It's so nice to come on here to see inspiring quotes from youths like me. It feels good to know that there's an increase in the number of people who see need for self-development. However I do hope that alongside the words, you are all really taking action to find that change which you desire. It's one thing to read books and quote writers, but it's another thing to get up and take actions that would really change our hearts and minds, all to our benefit and those around us.

I've been trying to get a section on NL for personal development but with no luck, and so I cannot stop at that as I do have so many people to reach out to, hence the reason for the 'empowered for freedom' movement.
We should be playing on a bigger field to really find that change we so desire and even though I've come a long way, I still have an even longer way to go.

As a result of this I have to limit my time on NL to focus on helping people who do so desire the same things as I do. If anything I've learnt is that our priorities determine the rate of success in life, and to grow is my top priority.
Our Facebook group 'empowered for freedom' is open to all and I urge those who really seek to take action to change themselves to join the group where together we can have a greater impact.

Have a blessed day!

Thanks for the advice and kind words, most expecially your first paragraph. No matter how fantastic and brilliant those quotes may be , if we don't ACT APPROPRIATELY, we will remain the same and will never make any meaningful progress.

Only deliberate and thoughtful action converts dreams into realities. Take action NOW.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Good morning all.

I read an article on procrastination yesterday. And after doing so, I got some moments mediating on it. Actually the author did a great job. Procrastination is a killer of dreams, fulfilment and happiness. No one ever gets happy knowing they've not done what they should have done. It often leads to disappointment, fear and depression. If we don't have the habit of DO IT NOW, we certainly won't achieve much in life.

And I was able to conclude that people hardly postpone irrelevant things; they only postpone relevant things that need their action and attention. And our success depends on doing those relevant things we procrastinate. That's the absurdity.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by bare1(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:
Good morning all.

I read an article on procrastination yesterday. And after doing so, I got some moments mediating on it. Actually the author did a great job. Procrastination is a killer of dreams, fulfilment and happiness. No one ever gets happy knowing they've not done what they should have done. It often leads to disappointment, fear and depression. If we don't have the habit of DO IT NOW, we certainly won't achieve much in life.

And I was able to conclude that people hardly postpone irrelevant things; they only postpone relevant things that need their action and attention. And our success depends on doing those relevant things we procrastinate. That's the absurdity.

Absolutely Sir...it can be difficult to achieve, but that's the essence of always associating with people who would influence and motivate you to do the things you need to do. It's almost so natural that the more you mingle with people who aren't concerned about how they live and would rather just live by default, the farther you are from embarking on your journey to change because whenever you take a step forward, you're actually taking two steps back. Personal development is a lifestyle and so you have to live it everyday to actually achieve it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
bare1:

Absolutely Sir...it can be difficult to achieve, but that's the essence of always associating with people who would influence and motivate you to do the things you need to do. It's almost so natural that the more you mingle with people who aren't concerned about how they live and would rather just live by default, the farther you are from embarking on your journey to change because whenever you take a step forward, you're actually taking two steps back. Personal development is a lifestyle and so you have to live it everyday to actually achieve it.

My bros, that's the truth. We must only align with people who are so enthusiastic and committed about their own personal development. And we can move along with these guys even online, like talking with you , mentorandfriend, freeage7, joywendy, and all others who so committed to making themselves better and more useful to society. Only people who are committed to personal development and growth can ever be useful to society.

I'm learning so much and so fast, and that phrase of yours, LIVING BY DEFAULT, so touched my soul and further encouraged me to continue to develop myself.

I just can't live by default. I desire to be purposeful and sensible in my living.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by fearlesschicken: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
igbakigba2t15:
Dear Nairalanders, A friend of mine aged over 60 years. AN ACCOUNTANT by profession has gotten a three month visa to USA and would want me to advise him on what he could do over there to keep busy including any legitimate skill/s acquisition and possibly earn some part-time income over there. And suggest any possible contacts that could be of use to him while over there and when he eventually returns back home.

Can someone be nice enough to help this guy
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by bare1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
igbakigba2t15:
Dear Nairalanders, A friend of mine aged over 60 years. AN ACCOUNTANT by profession has gotten a three month visa to USA and would want me to advise him on what he could do over there to keep busy including any legitimate skill/s acquisition and possibly earn some part-time income over there. And suggest any possible contacts that could be of use to him while over there and when he eventually returns back home.

Well being over 60 years, I believe he should be more inclined into mental activities than physical ones. Therefore I can only suggest rather than do something to earn money, why not seek to gain something. He's going closer to retirement and now could be a great time for him to look back at previous years for a bit and analyse how far he has come, and if he seeks more in life, he can pursue a life coaching course over there. By the time he does, he can start to see careers he can pursue that doesn't take more than a lifestyle. Being a motivational speaker or life coach doesn't require an age bracket or physical hard work, so it's something he can do freely as well as earn a six figure income if he so desires.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by bare1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
13 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:13-16

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by fearlesschicken: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Is this some sort of religious thread what of those who aint christians?
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
fearlesschicken:
Is this some sort of religious thread what of those who aint christians?

That wasn't the intent for which this thread was created. It's not a religious place by any stretch. It's meant to be a place where we can get motivated and energised enough to pursue our dreams and plans for our lives.

Please, don't fail to share any meaningful quote or life experiences. It's a place for all who are committed to being better persons.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mizzzbeee, chapter 3 of Jim Rohn's PUZZLE, is centred on ATTITUDE. It's being a great chapter. The book has just 5 chapters.

Our lives are greatly affected by what we know since what we know determines the decisions that we will make.
Just as we are affected by what we know, we are also affected by how we feel.
While our philosophy deals essentially with the logical side of life- information and thinking habits- attitude focuses primarily on the emotional issues that affect our existence. What we know determines our philosophy. How we feel about what we know determines our attitude.
It is our emotional nature that governs most of our daily conduct in our personal and business worlds. It's the emotional aspect of our experiences that determines our behaviour. How we each feel about life's events is a powerful force that can either freeze us on our tracks or inspire us to take immediate action on any given day.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Folystory2(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

My bros, that's the truth. We must only align with people who are so enthusiastic and committed about their own personal development. And we can move along with these guys even online, like talking with you , mentorandfriend, freeage7, joywendy, and all others who so committed to making themselves better and more useful to society. Only people who are committed to personal development and growth can ever be useful to society.

I'm learning so much and so fast, and that phrase of yours, LIVING BY DEFAULT, so touched my soul and further encouraged me to continue to develop myself.

I just can't live by default. I desire to be purposeful and sensible in my living.

On point grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:
Mizzzbeee, chapter 3 of Jim Rohn's PUZZLE, is centred on ATTITUDE. It's being a great chapter. The book has just 5 chapters.

Our lives are greatly affected by what we know since what we know determines the decisions that we will make.
Just as we are affected by what we know, we are also affected by how we feel.
While our philosophy deals essentially with the logical side of life- information and thinking habits- attitude focuses primarily on the emotional issues that affect our existence. What we know determines our philosophy. How we feel about what we know determines our attitude.
It is our emotional nature that governs most of our daily conduct in our personal and business worlds. It's the emotional aspect of our experiences that determines our behaviour. How we each feel about life's events is a powerful force that can either freeze us on our tracks or inspire us to take immediate action on any given day.

Thanks alot am downloading the ebook already tho I'd av to read it next month smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Thanks alot am downloading the ebook already tho I'd av to read it next month smiley

Another very good read.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

Another very good read.
you should check out "Finishing Strong" by Steve Farrar smiley
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

Another very good read.
also what is the full title pls
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
also what is the full title pls

Leading an inspired life.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
you should check out "Finishing Strong" by Steve Farrar smiley

Finishing strong. Okay. I'll do so.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by BrightForYou(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2015
If your dreams don't scare you,they are too small.......... Dream big!
Good morning and happy weekend buddies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by fearlesschicken: 2:17am On Aug 16, 2015
dearpreye:

That wasn't the intent for which this thread was created. It's not a religious place by any stretch. It's meant to be a place where we can get motivated and energised enough to pursue our dreams and plans for our lives.

Please, don't fail to share any meaningful quote or life experiences. It's a place for all who are committed to being better persons.

Okay! Don't mind me!

I need help with myself, I hate myself and I want 2 learn 2 luv myself the way I m but I find it extremely difficult to. I find it difficult to point out my good sides. Infant I find it difficult accepting someone's gud/bad comment bout how I look and all that sh!t! Also What do u do when what interests u b4 no longer does?

This goes to everyone on the thread. Thnks in Advance
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by bare1(m): 5:57am On Aug 16, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Okay! Don't mind me!

I need help with myself, I hate myself and I want 2 learn 2 luv myself the way I m but I find it extremely difficult to. I find it difficult to point out my good sides. Infant I find it difficult accepting someone's gud/bad comment bout how I look and all that sh!t! Also What do u do when what interests u b4 no longer does?

This goes to everyone on the thread. Thnks in Advance

Change your identity. Don't be too hard on yourself, but learn to focus on positivity. Lastly, try see the good in yourself and in others. Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by fearlesschicken: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2015
bare1:

Change your identity. Don't be too hard on yourself, but learn to focus on positivity. Lastly, try see the good in yourself and in others. Happy Sunday!

Thnks
Change my identity? Hw do I do dat?
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
This week, choose your friends wisely. You don't need all the people to succeed; you just need the RIGHT people.

Even a small amount of time can make a great deal of difference when it is spent with the right people- people who educate, encourage, inspire and assist us in moving in the right direction.

It is better to spend a little time with the right people than to spend a lot of time with the wrong people. By expanding our association to include more of the right people, and closing the doors to exclude or limit more of the wrong people we can expose ourselves to new and better sources of influence.

Happy Sunday!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by bare1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Thnks
Change my identity? Hw do I do dat?

You know we are mostly what we think of ourselves. In your case, you think of yourself in regards to your bad sides and focus more on your difficulties. You need a belief system, you need to believe in something and most of all you need to believe in yourself. Once you can change the way you identify yourself, you're well on your way to greater things.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Stephanie75(f): 7:17am On Aug 17, 2015
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Jim Rohn

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by fearlesschicken: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2015
bare1:

You know we are mostly what we think of ourselves. In your case, you think of yourself in regards to your bad sides and focus more on your difficulties. You need a belief system, you need to believe in something and most of all you need to believe in yourself. Once you can change the way you identify yourself, you're well on your way to greater things.
Thank you very much! It is really helpful smiley

So how does one regain interest in what he has lost interest in?
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
justfree1:
A person going down the wrong path does not need motivation, he or she needs education. Education is the first step towards financial and time freedom. If you motivate an idiot, you would only have a motivated idiot.
-Jim Rohn
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Most awesome thread in recent times on nairaland.
I actually read through all the 8 pages today, copying out quotes and words of wisdom from contributors to the thread.
Where have I been abeg? Nawa for me o.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Let me drop some quotes about PRIDE
1) Confidence wants you to be the best you, pride wants you to be better than everyone else.

2) Pride is a set up for a fall.

3) Pride magnifies our virtues, and underestimates the goodness in others.

4) On the other side of victory, we shall thank God that we put our pride aside.

5) Before HONOUR is HUMILITY.

6) Swallow your pride occassionally. Its non fattening.

The quotes above help to keep me in check while relating with peope, as well as strengthening my self esteem; letting me know that I can't win all the time, and that it's OK to PASS ON MY RIGHT sometimes.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Let me drop some more about FORGIVENESS.

1) We speak into existence more of what has been, rather than what would be; because we speak from OUR PAIN rather than from OUR POWER.

2) Fruitful people don't hold on to outdated offenses because they know the blessings that come with a new season. LET IT GO.

3) Holding on to WHAT THEY DID anchors you to something that was not even worth your time. LET IT GO.

4) Holding on to something that is not serving your purpose is a waste of your time on the earth.LET IT GO.

5) On the other side of victory, WE will realise that what WE held on to was what held US back. LET IT GO.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
This thread is so rich and blessed. God bless you dearpreye for such an awesome thread.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by mentorandfriend(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stephanie75:
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Jim Rohn

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Workers At Indomie Cry Out: 'We've Not Been Allowed To Leave For Six Months' / Amanda Azubuike Promoted To Brig. General Of The US Army / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.