Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (131315 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 13, 2011
@ netotse would u mind giving me an info on companies that do this training their location and general info. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by wokemzine: 5:21pm On May 18, 2011
I am new in the house, pls i need ur help, i am planing on going to india for process control & instrumentation courses, but don't really know the best training institute for that. I have googled it, but keep seeing so many. im actually confused. Any helping nigerian with knowlegde of indian training institutes should pls assist me. & is it a wise idea, going to india for such courses?.
Thank you all,
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 12:13am On May 19, 2011
@ netotse would u mind giving me an info on companies that do this training their location and general info. Thanks

go to www.tridentelect.com, also search for electronics-tutorials.com or something like that on the internet they should help
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Taiw(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2011
i graduated with a 2.2 in physics and i'm planning 4 my M.sc in elect/elct.but d problem is they say i wont be able 2 register in COREN.since dere ws no foundation in engineering n i wont also b able 2 attach engr. 2 my name.i've a certificat on project management n also know a little on networkin but i dont ave my CCNA.I'm also tryin 2 learn website design but I still ave a long way 2 go.i jus wnt 2 do anything dat will bring cool money.i rily want 2 start a career in any of dis fields but i'm confused.i'll finish my service dis sept.i find d I.T world Interestin.pls i nid ur advice
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 9:21am On May 27, 2011
Taiw:

i graduated with a 2.2 in physics and i'm planning 4 my M.sc in elect/elct.but d problem is they say i wont be able 2 register in COREN.since dere ws no foundation in engineering n i wont also b able 2 attach engr. 2 my name.i've a certificat on project management n also know a little on networkin but i dont ave my CCNA.I'm also tryin 2 learn website design but I still ave a long way 2 go.i jus wnt 2 do anything dat will bring cool money.i rily want 2 start a career in any of dis fields but i'm confused.i'll finish my service dis sept.i find d I.T world Interestin.pls i nid your advice

Forget COREN, go and do your masters.
CCNA is good, follow through with it as well.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by dominobaby(f): 1:11pm On May 30, 2011
wow, it's been ages since i came to nairaland and i am glad to see an interesting topic especially as it regards to my career.

@ Ajanlekoko, i must confes, your intro at the first page of the thread prompted me to read further.
Thanks for all your wonderful advice, it is interesting and inspiring.

I started off with an ND in Yabatech after which i went for my IT (one year post -ND IT) partly with Penfield/TACAS in 2003 (yes TACAS! was quite shocked to see their name in here, it really is a small world!) and partly with Infoweb - an ISP. Wasn't so much interested in Power as that was what i was involved with in TACAS, the environment was just not it and then there were drawings i could not understand. We had a field job to do for NEPA which was MD (Maximum Demand) meter auditing for NEPA customers.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Chapi: 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
I hold HND in Elect/Elect. I formerly work with an india company that deals with ups, inverter, transformer and other Electrical works before relocating from Lagos to Abuja. Please, can anyone link me up with any organisatioin that deals with any of these product in Abuja? i will appreciate you, please reach me on 08054206008.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Shakirudee: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
I Studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering as my first degree, but after my first degree like most people do i relocated to the UK were i started my career as a CAD Technician in an architectural practice i was there for like a 1year and half. and went to do my masters in Communication Systems Engineering thinking of gaining the necessary background specialization in Telecommunication, but that didn't happen, as most of the things we studied were just theory , nothing to do with real life work, after my masters i tried to get a job as a graduate engineerĀ  so that i can get the nnecessaryexperience , but that didn't workout and i had to pay the bill so i resulted in working for another architectural firmĀ  called Benoy doing most of there Architectural design and drawing for retail buildings around the UK, i must say i am good with AUTOCAD , and while working in benoy i did the prince2 practitioner certification, i later left benoy to as work as contactor for different companies doing architectural and electrical drawings,I got tired of doing drawing & design,And resulted in moving back to Nigeria to get a job as project manager , in a construction company , but it proving to be really difficult, I dont know what to do now,

I have most of my experience in design and drawing in construction and i have a masters in telectelecoms i am thinking of a career change to go back to telecoms with no experience were do i start from, can any one out there give me an advise,
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by DIY: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
I will appreciate if anybody will forward to me, a softcopy of the latest edition of the ies lighting handbook. Thank you. 10th edition
tancointernational@yahoo.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by lekside44(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
@shakirudee
its is a pity. many people today dont get to work in the field of their studies. you migth have appreciated your job more if you had been working for an electronics manufacturing company where you can apply all of d theory you learn in sch. this is the reason why in my earlier post i said elec eng are not needed in nigeria
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Chapi: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
Please house i want to know more about Nigerian Association Technologist in Engineering (NATE)
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by harley45ja(f): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
is Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners are doing any research for cheap photo cell ?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ElGabi(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2011
cry cryOMG!i mst cnfess,afta readin dis thread,im mre enlightened,intimidated and cnfsed.d whole tin jst hacked my brain, altho i jst sat 4 utme which i scored 241,im waitn 4 putme to chop.my ist choice is elect/elect eng.i knw i wld b able 2 mke it,i jst nid wat 2 expect.HELP PLEASE
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
I'm an Rf/microwave design engineer with up to 6 years experience. Due to my fiance insistence on living in Nigeria, so i was just thinking if realistically i can get a job (possibly in telecommunications/wireless) in Nigeria that pays a salary in the range of 10 mill- 25 mill Naira? In addition to that, do i need to serve in NYSC to work in Nigeria?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards Tosin.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 3:56am On Jul 06, 2011
micktosin:

I'm an Rf/microwave design engineer with up to 6 years experience. Due to my fiance insistence on living in Nigeria, so i was just thinking if realistically i can get a job (possibly in telecommunications/wireless) in Nigeria that pays a salary in the range of 10 mill- 25 mill Naira? In addition to that, do i need to serve in NYSC to work in Nigeria?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards Tosin.

I guess you can. Maybe not 25 million naira to start, but something equally good.
What kind of experience do you have?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 09, 2011
In broad sense i have 6 years experience in electronic design with emphasis on rf/microwave circuits and subsystems, analogue and mixed signal designs. My area of specialization currently is on system level Rf designing.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Pata1: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
o
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Pata1: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
o
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by UpDates1(m): 8:25am On Jul 25, 2011
cool
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by rosebelly: 4:18am On Jul 27, 2011
@ Dave07 Am seriously interested in the M.SC program with University of Bath. I would love to know more about the course based on your personal experience. though, i have browsed their site. Again, wont the certificate they will issue after the program show it was by distant learning? Again, is it not possible for one to conclude the program in three yrs including the dissertation? i observed that its been long Dave07 came on this thread. so pls anybody here that has dave07 contact shld help me out. one love
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2011
Where have I been to miss this thread since 2009?

Interesting thread, even though this is not my career line.

Thumbs up to Ajanlekoko as usual, and my senior colleague, oyb. Now, you guys make me feel like throwing away my Finance certificates for engineering just kidding cheesy
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by candylips(m): 1:28am On Aug 14, 2011
elect elect grin
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by addey(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2011
@oyb i think u guys are great.

I mean alot of young guys in the engineering now only look for money, no matter de advice you give them, to get the experience 1st dey never take to it.
Am into electrical project engineering but most of the guys dat work with me never seem to be learning but just after the money.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by dave07(m): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ Dave07 Am seriously interested in the M.SC program with University of Bath. I would love to know more about the course based on your personal experience. though, i have browsed their site. Again, wont the certificate they will issue after the program show it was by distant learning? Again, is it not possible for one to conclude the program in three yrs including the dissertation? i observed that its been long Dave07 came on this thread. so pls anybody here that has dave07 contact shld help me out. one love

Hi, Yes i have been off NL though i still manage to run thru at times without signing in. I have a certificate from EIT Australia for a power protection course I did online last year and it has no reference to distance or online learning. Bath's programmes are subjected to the same standards applicable to programmes in the Uk. Yes it is possible to complete the programme in 3 yrs. it's just a matter of completing 4 modules per year (2 during the spring Semester, March the other 2 during the Summer, September) and spending the third year up till June on your dissertation plus the fact that you will have to attend (5 days each)throughout the 3 years residential school 1-3 at Bath as these are part of the assesments.
The Course modules are quite challenging and up to date and the far better than what obtains here. You can get me on 08121635648
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Brite02(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2011
Have been reading all posts of this topic. I must commend, great replies, great posts, great thread. I am an aspiring ELECT/ELECT , i need advise on sectors that are lucrative based on every one's experienced over the years. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by blessamo: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
Good day Engineers and Engineers in Embryo. i have a brief contribution or preferably advice on the career path in Engineering. i am working presently as an outsourced Power technician in one of the telecoms now, with 4 years + experience in Generator maintenance in Mikano, and 1 year experience in Electrical Panel building which was as a result of the challenges i faced when i went for an interview in Mantrac, sincerely yours, i can really fathom what the future of Nigeria Engineers will be like since most of the firms and industries employ contract staff where you are paid meagre salary for your effort put in. I really want to start my own panel building company which i consider lucrative enough but its CAPITAL intensive. I Hold HND in Electrical Power and a finalist In Technical Education in Electrical. What advice can you offer? i am in the valley of decision.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Awemo(f): 4:48am On Sep 01, 2011
Wow this is a very nice post.am wemimo akanbi,oau,elect/elect.female 400L and av learnt a lot this morning.plz kip updating us about infos and areas to. Specialize esp dose of us that are just coming up and will soon graduate.thx u
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by alkhwarizm: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hello folks. I am new on this forum. I've read through a lot of the submissions and I must say that I found them interesting. It"s always great interacting with fellow engineers and in particular Electrical Engineers. I think that we Electrical Engineers have that "je ne sais quoi" that the other engineering dissciplines desire so much tongue

I am an Electrical Engineer with more than 20 years experience drawn from Telecommunications, Oil & Gas Engineering Design, HVDC Power Transmission, and Software Development. I am currently based in Kinshasa, DR Congo. Kindly advise if there are any members in this forum who are located in my vicinity.

Cheers.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2011
alkhwarizm:

Hello folks. I am new on this forum. I've read through a lot of the submissions and I must say that I found them interesting. It"s always great interacting with fellow engineers and in particular Electrical Engineers. I think that we Electrical Engineers have that "je ne sais quoi" that the other engineering dissciplines desire so much tongue

I am an Electrical Engineer with more than 20 years experience drawn from Telecommunications, Oil & Gas Engineering Design, HVDC Power Transmission, and Software Development. I am currently based in Kinshasa, DR Congo. Kindly advise if there are any members in this forum who are located in my vicinity.

Cheers.

i totally agree with you. . .

I'd be really interested in hearing about your experience with power. . .care to share?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oshoki: 1:09am On Sep 19, 2011
Sorry if i am dragging u guys back a lil but am new to this thread nd d thread is so large so i will like my quest to b ans even though it has been treated b4, lemme introduce myself i am a 300lvl elect-elect student studying at one of d private universities in Nigeria,i see this year as a very critical one cause i am entering my department fully now and at this time i am still confused abt were to specialize in when d time comes although i av startd doin some foundation networking certifications, i will like my older colleagues in this thread to give me some hints on d path to follow and any useful link or book recommendation that u think might be helpful to me as an elect eng, and i av seen some post on some pple talking abt goin for experience over money like during industrial training for example, i will like that to b elaborated on more.
tnx for ur anticipated assistance,
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by layemx(m): 1:39am On Sep 22, 2011
Hello please at forum owner, what can i do to henance my carrier, i study Elect/Elect 4rm polytechnic, power and machine option. And am about going for service. What can i be doing my service year interms of course. Thanks. (Anybody can also help)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply)

About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.