Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (128368 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:17am On Nov 16, 2011
Chapi:

@netotse, Tanks 4 your concern, I have HND in Elect/Elect(power) 2008. Served in 2009. I did IT with PHCN in 2003, I ve work with a contractor installing prepayment meter 4 PHCN. 2009, work with an India Company that are into installation of UPS, Inverter, Transformer, AVR and other. 2010. Electrical work. But at the moment I'm a Technician in bank, I wish to go back to the power sector to continue my career.
wink
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by spoilerx: 10:35am On Nov 21, 2011
Good people ,please does anyone know about ttcmobile and their telecoms training , are they anygood? Or na just to charge big money! Please help , thank you
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
Constanz11:

What have you been doing since you graduated?
I don't know of any electrical engineering company that would be particular about grades in today's Nigeria.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by spoilerx: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pls am an elect/elect grad 2010,finished serving , would love to go into telecoms, considering going for ttcmobile 's 6 months telecoms training ! Is this a good idea , please I need advice!
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2011
Do they have a website?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by alkhwarizm: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2011
Liadi2:

@Ajalenkoko, pls kindly help on this.PLS ROOM WAT ARE THOSE TYPE OF ELECTRONICS TEXT BOOK THAT I CAN READ AND HELP ME ALOT TO START DEVELOPING SOME PROJECT ON MY OWN AND WHERE I CAN GET CIRCUIT DIAGRAM TO START PRACTICING PLS I MEAN SMALL PROJECT MAY LIKE FM, LIGHT DIMMER, PHOTO CELL SWICTH, AND SOME OTHER CIRCUIT DIAGRAM. Pls pls pls help help waiting for your reply room

There used to be a magazine available in Nigeria many years ago. It was called Practical Electronics. If I remember correctly, it was published by a U.K company. It was quite a good publication, filled with just the types of projects that you described that one could rreally sink their teeth into and get their hands dirty on. It had projects at many different proficiency levels; from beginner to intermediate, all the way up to advanced.

I don't know if new editions are still available. If they are, try to buy them regularly. If not, try to get your hands on some old editions. You might serendipitously stumble across some editions if you go browsing through the collections of those folks who sell old books and magazines on the roadside throughout Nigeria.

Good luck.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2011
^^
In these days of Internet, lots of resources abound. Circuit Cellar is one magazine I read a lot during my postgrad and early career, and it even has a student subscription. That poster can check here for more detail.

As per textbooks, I can only recommend one, which I have found to be a great resource. The Art of Electronics, by Horowitz and Hill. I'm sure free PDF downloads are available on RapidShare.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by alkhwarizm: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
rosebelly:

I have a vast knowledge on industrial electrical controls using relay logics. Now I would love to learn how to implement most of those my controls using PLCs. I wouldn't want where I will waste anytime on those fundermentals like number systems and the likes. Rather, I want where I would start the programming immediately. I would also prefer to come the some of my relay logic designs for them to be converted into PLC ladders. I would also prefer a weekend arrangement.

Pls if anyone knows where I can get this service and at an affordable rate should pls drop the contact for me here so that I can make enquires. Pls I need experts not 'leaners' who claim they know it all only for you to discorver that they know nothing after you must have committed your money. Thanks and god bless us.

I could probably assist you with this. Unfortunately, I am not in-country at the moment. If possible, send me a sample of the relay logic that you would like to convert. I will look at them and we'll go from there. Send sample(s) to alkhwarizmi1968 at yahoo pt com.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by alkhwarizm: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
In these days of Internet, lots of resources abound. Circuit Cellar is one magazine I read a lot during my postgrad and early career, and it even has a student subscription. That poster can check here for more detail.

As per textbooks, I can only recommend one, which I have found to be a great resource. The Art of Electronics, by Horowitz and Hill. I'm sure free PDF downloads are available on RapidShare.

I looked at the Circuit Cellar Website. It's probably a good magazine for engineers who are interested in embedded systems design. The OP can, if he wishes, visit said Website regularly in addition to the Website for Practical Electronics located at www.epemag3.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Okonkwosamuel(m): 1:56am On Dec 07, 2011
Gud day guys. I so much appreciate all the advice you hv been giving out to we up-coming electrical engineers. Am currently runnin my P-T programm in electrical engineering YABATECH. Plz does anybody know of any credible distance learning programm i can pursue in my course of study? And how do i apply for CITY AND GUILD TRAINING PROGRAMM. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
Okonkwo samuel:

Gud day guys. I so much appreciate all the advice you hv been giving out to we up-coming electrical engineers. Am currently runnin my P-T programm in electrical engineering YABATECH. Plz does anybody know of any credible distance learning programm i can pursue in my course of study? And how do i apply for CITY AND GUILD TRAINING PROGRAMM. Thanks

Is that a part time OND or HND? If you are already doing that, why do you need to do C&G?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Okonkwosamuel(m): 4:13am On Dec 08, 2011
OND PART-TIME. I dont really have much info about the city and guild but from my findings, is a technical base professional exam body.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2011
@netotse, thanks for your reply. Please does anyone know where i can get good training on electrical design? (prefarably in port-harcourt or lagos ). I already know the basics of autocad but i cant just get around the whole design business without external help.most of the trainers i come across are those who will teach you the basics autocad without really teaching you the application to real life electrical drawing.Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2011
I need to hire someone on contract basis for a project I want to do early next year.
The person should have good technical experience with automotive electronics. Preferably an installer, someone who knows how to install vehicle add-ons, like alarms/security, tracking, installation of DVD screens in cars, and whatnot. No specific qualification is required if you know your stuff.

Identify yourself here if you fit the bill. I'll be getting in touch.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by debeey87(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2011
I am an HND holder in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.I graduated in 2009. I actually would have loved to go into IT, but the cost of the various certifications scared me off. Now I intend to venture into power, though I had my two Industrial trainings in with NEPA. but i am finding it difficult even to get any company to work with.Any body with advise on available opportunities
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ziyaun: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I need to hire someone on contract basis for a project I want to do early next year.
The person should have good technical experience with automotive electronics. Preferably an installer, someone who knows how to install vehicle add-ons, like alarms/security, tracking, installation of DVD screens in cars, and whatnot. No specific qualification is required if you know your stuff.

Identify yourself here if you fit the bill. I'll be getting in touch.

Mr Ajanlekoko, Very nice job you are doing in here man, more grease. please I am a fresh graduate electrical engineer(power). I am currently serving in Benin city of all places, where i have been posted to is just mental torture cos i have absolutely nothn to build on. please i want to ask if u know any reasonable courses i can do in the mean time to help improve not just my qualifications but abilities as an engineer. I was also thinking of going to phcn here in benin to volunteer for some months, dont know if they would accept me and if i would actually learn anything practical wise doing that. please what do you think
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
ziyaun:

Mr Ajanlekoko, Very nice job you are doing in here man, more grease. please I am a fresh graduate electrical engineer(power). I am currently serving in Benin city of all places, where i have been posted to is just mental torture cos i have absolutely nothn to build on. please i want to ask if u know any reasonable courses i can do in the mean time to help improve not just my qualifications but abilities as an engineer. I was also thinking of going to phcn here in benin to volunteer for some months, dont know if they would accept me and if i would actually learn anything practical wise doing that. please what do you think
as per the bolded, cant you get yourself posted to PHCN? if you can, pick transmission, they have better engineers than distribution by far. . .if you're in PHCN you'll be given the chance to do anything you want to. . .in every station there are the layabouts and the hardworkers.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ba2riya: 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
Helo to you all, am not an elct engr but have read dis thread as a guest a number of times .wel i dnt read elct engr coz of sum prblms dat developd and ended up reading geology.i still want to go back to dis field and i feel the practitioners here could help:
it is still feasible? as a 2nd degree or , plz hlp,tnk u.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ziyaun: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
ziyaun:

Mr Ajanlekoko, Very nice job you are doing in here man, more grease. please I am a fresh graduate electrical engineer(power). I am currently serving in Benin city of all places, where i have been posted to is just mental torture cos i have absolutely nothn to build on. please i want to ask if u know anyasonable courses i can do in the mean time to help improve not just my qualifications but abilities as an engineer. I was also thinking of going to phcn here in benin to volunteer for some months, dont know if they would accept me and if i would actually learn anything practical wise doing that. please what do you think
netotse:

as per the bolded, cant you get yourself posted to PHCN? if you can, pick transmission, they have better engineers than distribution by far. . .if you're in PHCN you'll be given the chance to do anything you want to. . .in every station there are the layabouts and the hardworkers.

thx a lot netotse, u guys are simply amazing, keep up d good work
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by williams20(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
gud day people, i will be writing my nd2 exam in elect eng soon, please i need materials and questions
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Chapi: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2012
Fellow Engineers, I'm writing a technical report title: The challenges in the power sector and its remedy (Nigeria as a case study). Please your contributions to the above topic is appreciated. Send your contributions to chapi4real@yahoo.com. Thank u all.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ictcareer: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
ICT CAREER OPPORTUNTY!
BE YOU SSCE,A/L,OND,UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE.
TEXT FULL NAME,ADDRESS,GSM NO & EMAIL ADDRESS
TO 07065804236
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Liadi2(m): 6:47am On Apr 27, 2012
GOOD DAY@ ALL MEMBER, PLS I NEED HELP ON THIS BIO GAS TOPIC, I WANT TO HOW I CAN GENERATE ELECTRICITY WIT IT AND ALSO GAS AND HOW TO CONSTRUCT THE GAS ENGINE AND ALSO THE AC GENERATOR, HAVE BEEN BUSY ALL D DAY WIT THIS TOPIC I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START FROM. PLS I NEED GOOD EXPLANATION ON VERY MATERIAL TO BE USE. KINDLY HELP ME OUT.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Chapi: 1:17am On May 10, 2012
fellow engineers please help my career. I'm currently working with a space Agency. I hold HND in elect/elect, I don't know if I should go for PGD or for BSC considering the discrimination on the HND. Please help.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Taiw(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2012
Can a bsc physics and msc engr be a register member of COREN and NSE?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Sirpc(m): 5:22pm On May 12, 2012
Pls house, am so confused on the Aoption to choose. Am i to choose Electronics and Telecommunication OR Power and Machine? Which one is better? Which one should i go for? Please as u give your contribution(s) also back it Awith some reasons. THANK U AS U ADD MORE VALUE TO MY FUTURE AND CAREER! GREATER SEEES!!
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by nitrogen(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2012
Sir pc: Pls house, am so confused on the Aoption to choose. Am i to choose Electronics and Telecommunication OR Power and Machine? Which one is better? Which one should i go for? Please as u give your contribution(s) also back it Awith some reasons. THANK U AS U ADD MORE VALUE TO MY FUTURE AND CAREER! GREATER SEEES!!

Maybe you should go through all the posts on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by timidman(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
am a fresh graudate ☀̤̣̈̇f elect/elect engr,sp on power system engineering 2:2,pls i would being going †̥ NYSC by july next month, the only experiement i got was doing my IT I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria bottle company I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ apapa lagos, pls advice me on how †̥ move on doing my NYSC.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by williams20(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
good day pls i need help with engineering mathematics
m on distance learning from iubs uk
how can i get self tutors

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply)

About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.