Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) (80165 Views)

President Museveni Fetches Water On A Bicycle. Photos / David Cameron Carries His Luggage As He Moves Out Of State House (picture) / President Of Malawi Knelt Down To Greet Male Head Of States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Godmother(f): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2015
kekakuz:
if buharis wife be this humble
and come wash plate and cook tuwo in my house

Dream on bro, dream on
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
olanshi:

Someone should write this down today! Africa will be great, the level of focus on Africa today is amazing.

I have a lot of friends in europe are eager to visit Nigeria and some Africa countries but due to the insurgency/kidnapping here and there It restrict them.

I still believe in Africa and it's people, let's spark the brain that would change this continent (Africa). It time we make a remarkable Change!

What was going through my mind was when will Nigeria be free enough for foreigners to move freely just like this woman did
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by CountDracula(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2015
ApcSucks:

She dey into showbiz nw
Which showbiz? Do u really think d wife of the richest man in d world needs showbiz? For wat? To bcom popular?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2015
kenbee:
PUBLICITY STUNT! I see nothing too special about this.
If Gate's wife still needs publicity, then, I need to know more about PUBLICITY.

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Lytlelemon(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Umm! Is she from malawi?? She's humble thou... wink
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by teryorluv(f): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2015
musicwriter:

No, it's not a publicity stunt. The rich actually wish they could just live such a normal life. And I can bet you she's honestly happy doing what she've been watching on TV for ages. But, what I don't like is the window dressing of aid they go on displaying all over Africa, instead of giving real help to the people. If I have just 10% of Bill gates investment in Africa, I will change Africa for good and nobody will need charity aid anymore. In fact, I will ban charity aid in Africa and have us make everything we need.
That's wah we r talikng about, if its not public stunt or eye service, what is d essence of posting the pix instead of constructing bore hole closer to their house if she is really a philantropist. Is she trying to show d world how d African roads are or the way we wash our plate and how we carry water from a far distance. Really don't get it
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Elxandre(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2015
This woman be using her husband's money for charity.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by CuteTj(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2015
ShakurM:
What's with the hard labour or she just wants to tan her skin, why not start empowering them by building boreholes to say the least, you have all the money in the world!

How can you alleviate other people's pain if you don't put yourself in their shoes?

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by xp17(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2015
slim19:
How many rich Nigerian ladies can do this.....she is humble
all these stunts re just to enable em invade taxes by the end of the year. They spend 1cent but claim spending all their earnings for the year there, some even come back to file for bankruptcy. grin

Anyways , its all good that they rendering humanitarian services to the 3rd world countries, even though they making more of em, at least they re going what the government shoulda done for the people.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by CuteTj(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2015
teryorluv:

That's wah we r talikng about, if its not public stunt or eye service, what is d essence of posting the pix instead of constructing bore hole closer to their house if she is really a philantropist. Is she trying to show d world how d African roads are or the way we wash our plate and how we carry water from a far distance. Really don't get it

Are African roads truly not bad? Don't we also carry water from a distance? Don't we wash our dishes like this? Doesn't the whole world know all these things already about Africa?

Person wan help una, una dry form.

Assuming you lived the village life, you will be able to relate with these people and the Gates.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by IGBOSON1: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
undecided I don't fall for this type of publicity stunts
Nigerian politicians act better than this

Truth hurts. Doesn't it? tongue tongue

#We'veBeenScammed

^^^But the thing is she has absolutely no reason to put on a publicity stunt as you say!.....Unlike politicians and their wives!! She can just as easily sit at home back in the US getting pampered or go shopping for expensive stuff! After all, her husband is the richest man in the world already...what else is there for them to aim for again in life?
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by busyflexz(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2015
Kudos to her,waiting for arrival to northwest Nigeria to have some time with the refugees
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2015
Tell me anybody who doesn't enjoy public attention? Why she making so much fuse about it? Do you know how many sympathisers she's won over with this stunt?
IGBOSON1:

^^^But the thing is she has absolutely no reason to put on a publicity stunt as you say!.....Unlike politicians and their wives!! She can just as easily sit at home back in the US getting pampered or go shopping for expensive stuff! After all, her husband is the richest man in the world already...what else is there for them to aim for again in life?
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2015
icekoko:
Atleast she has seen and felt what women go through like every day of there lives. Its strange but the Truth is the Rich also Cry. I pray God make me Rich some day and I will try not to forget wia I'm coming from.

God wants you to be rich AND to forget 'where you're coming from'.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by tgmservice: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2015
If na me b one of those malawi women I be lik thanks ms melinda gates no need help wash my dishes just giv me a million dollars I really appreciate thanx miss
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Cutehector:
Eye service
are you for real?undecided
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 10:15am On Aug 02, 2015
teryorluv:

Unfortunately, the US media made her believe Africans always walk kilometres to fetch water. So, it's not really her fault to think that way. The fact she wanted to experience it herself is what is fascinating about it.
Yes, they've been doing their best to help where they can. Here in Nigeria they helped the extermination of polio disease from northern Nigeria.

But, still I understand your point. And, I don't even want them to build bore holes, but educate the people to be able to build their own bore holes.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Cyriloha(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
she is really trying in her philanthropy globally, kudos to her.

lol hahaahhaah whats her names please
?

on a lighter note:
we saw one woman frying Akara on the roadside during campaign forming humble and people oriented but now she dosent anymore now that her hubby is president.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2015
loksman:
are you for real?undecided
I had a sleep eye wen I typed dat
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Tell me anybody who doesn't enjoy public attention? Why she making so much fuse about it? Do you know how many sympathisers she's won over with this stunt?
what exactly do you mean by sympathisers? I really don't know what's wrong with some folks sad

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by sirlop(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2015
xp17:
all these stunts re just to enable em invade taxes by the end of the year. They spend 1cent but claim spending all their earnings for the year there, some even come back to file for bankruptcy. grin

Anyways , its all good that they rendering humanitarian services to the 3rd world countries, even though they making more of em, at least they re going what the government shoulda done for the people.
U are empty
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 02, 2015
I'm not doing this with you
Happy Sunday
loksman:
what exactly do you mean by sympathisers? I really don't know what's wrong with some folks sad
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by galadima77(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2015
temitemi1:
That's Mrs buhari the scammer grin
black belle no go kill una
cc: introvert, barcanister and the likes
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by tefund(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2015
she is not doing this ,because she wants to run for us white house . but for activism good one
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by SirShymexx: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2015
olanshi:

Someone should write this down today! Africa will be great, the level of focus on Africa today is amazing.

I have a lot of friends in europe are eager to visit Nigeria and some Africa countries but due to the insurgency/kidnapping here and there It restrict them.

I still believe in Africa and it's people, let's spark the brain that would change this continent (Africa). It time we make a remarkable Change!

Lol. So you believe Africa will be great cos folks want to visit the continent and the torchlight is on it, no? Err, how many of these folks really care about Africa/Africans apart from just trying to benefit/ra.pe the continent and its people?

The only thing majority of these folks care about is huge population of Africa and the resources, and how to keep pillaging those resources and exploiting the human resources. Look at Nigeria for example: the average age of the country is 18 yrs old compared to a minimum of 40yrs old in most European countries. Evidently that shows a lot youth/human resources. None of these fvckers care about Africa/Africans - only Africans can make Africa great and most Africans aren't serious tbh.

Melinda Gates the scam artist. Bill Gates and his wife are frauds. Always exploiting disadvantaged folks for their vaccines.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
I'm not doing this with you Happy Sunday
is this an excuse for your st@pidity?
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Dude why you so obsessed with me? Are you _gay? Why stalking me?

Be sure you know yur ready for this shii you wanna start
loksman:
is this an excuse for your st@pidity?
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Dude why you so obsessed with me? Are you _gay? Why stalking me?
hahahaha in your dreams? Am not even aware of you...this site has clowns indeed grin grin
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2015
Go get rid of your calabash stomach before I can grant you audience

_dunce
loksman:
hahahaha in your dreams? Am not even aware of you...this site has clowns indeed grin grin
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Melinda Gates is wife to the richest man in the world, Bill Gates. She was pictured yesterday washing plates in a village in Malawi.

According to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, Bill Gates’ net worth is $76 billion and the billionaire’s spouse Melinda, who describes herself as a “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” shared these photos of herself on her IG page. .

Melinda has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.” She's pictured with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road, after the cut

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/08/photos-bill-gates-wife-melinda-washing.html

if I hear say Nigerian girls dey do this kin thing, I die.. If to say na naija girls, Dem go dey form like say their husband don get money since the days of Solomon. Even to fetch water for tap go dey disgusting to them
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Jflemzy: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2015
Ask the men who want you to emulate Melinda Gates if their bank accounts are emulating Bill Gates's accounts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.