Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) (80172 Views)

President Museveni Fetches Water On A Bicycle. Photos / David Cameron Carries His Luggage As He Moves Out Of State House (picture) / President Of Malawi Knelt Down To Greet Male Head Of States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by kekakuz(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Godmother:

Dream on bro, dream on
ur pix suggests you are a gatemother not godmother
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by slim19(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2015
charlsecy:

Something is definitely wrong with someone's brain if this is how someone defines humility! Mtsheww.
what is your own definition of humility
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2015
#proudlyWailingForABetterDemocracy grin cheesy grin
trendsng:
Keep wailing

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Edusouls(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2015
nigerian girls una dy see am? The wife of the richest man in this planet earth, carrying bucket on her head,in a far village in a very poor third world country like malawi, see humility, upon endless and smelling wealth on her disposal.meet a niger rif raff girls born and bred in abject and endless poverty,once she gains admission into the university she look much richer than rihana and beyounce, i told people that the difference between whites and blacks are like the distance from lagos to abuja. and the different between nigerian gal and white girl is from lagos to china..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Pierocash(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Melinda Gates is wife to the richest man in the world, Bill Gates. She was pictured yesterday washing plates in a village in Malawi.

According to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, Bill Gates’ net worth is $76 billion and the billionaire’s spouse Melinda, who describes herself as a “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” shared these photos of herself on her IG page. .

Melinda has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.” She's pictured with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road, after the cut

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/08/photos-bill-gates-wife-melinda-washing.html

come try am for naija, especially portharcourt or bayelsa.nah for kidnappers den u go land.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Chinom(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2015
Bill Gates must never bring his family to Naijaoo. Guys are not playing. $76 billion is a lot of mullar....
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2015
Let her come to naija and do that for the IDP
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2015
slim19:
what is your own definition of humility
I may not know the definition of humility; but I know what it is not! It is not just something that can be decoded from a photo meant to be shown to the public.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by ghetto101(m): 11:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Buhari and Aisha get the money wey Mrs Gate get

fatdon2:
grin aisha buhari can do better.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by emperorzz(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2015
Money miss road...smh

See me! I dey here..money, try me nah!
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by shilexworldsexy(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2015
trendsng:

Wail on

Don't mind the wailer , y mama peace sef no go dey akara use campaign for her drunkard husband... But I thought she really campaigned for her husband with Shai deir is God oooooo.... Lol
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by gatiano(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
The Gods did not accept the sacrifice. We don't want the Eboo. The initiates understand!
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by slimmykisses(f): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
A virteous woman, if na Naija man wife she go march other people head pass.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
she is really trying in her philanthropy globally, kudos to her.

on a lighter note:
we saw one woman frying Akara on the roadside during campaign forming humble and people oriented but now she dosent anymore now that her hubby is president.

Infact, kudos to you. You made an apt observation.

You are not the one who will call yourself humble. It is for others to see and comment.

But some of these whites could be very amazing people. While there are some bad asss racists, there are still some with heart of gold. We have to learn humility from these people.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
olanshi:

Someone should write this down today! Africa will be great, the level of focus on Africa today is amazing.

I have a lot of friends in europe are eager to visit Nigeria and some Africa countries but due to the insurgency/kidnapping here and there It restrict them.

I still believe in Africa and it's people, let's spark the brain that would change this continent (Africa). It time we make a remarkable Change!

Absolutely! This is because the western economies countries appears to be collapsing or head that way,
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Edusouls:
nigerian girls una dy see am? The wife of the richest man in this planet earth, carrying bucket on her head,in a far village in a very poor third world country like malawi, see humility, upon endless and smelling wealth on her disposal.meet a niger rif raff girls born and bred in abject and endless poverty,once she gains admission into the university she look much richer than rihana and beyounce, i told people that the difference between whites and blacks are like the distance from lagos to abuja. and the different between nigerian gal and white girl is from lagos to china..

That is heavy
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by 989900: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Edusouls:

U said it all.
The number of rich black women that can do this . . . are less than the number of my fingers.

And the Gates are neither christians, nor muslims, nor nothing, but agnostics.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
trendsng:

Wail on

What is she wailing about ? Someone just made an innocent comment and you called her a wailer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Dreadful: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Woulda made more sense if she had removed those rainboots.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by 989900: 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dreadful:
Woulda made more sense if she had removed those rainboots.

Really?

SMH.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by yommen: 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cutehector:
Eye service
ur too unreasonably intelligent.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
yommen:

ur too unreasonably intelligent.
u guys should please quit quoting me... Thanks..
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by refreshrate: 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
she is really trying in her philanthropy globally, kudos to her.

How do i begin to ask God to bless and keep this lady for the wisdom this post exudes? chai! see finishing!

God bless you abundantly even beyond your expectations. Kai...see ehn God will bless you and your generations to come. Im having difficulty expressing how much i want God to do for you but he sees my heart and im sure he understands and he will grant it to you.

on a lighter note:
we saw one woman frying Akara on the roadside during campaign forming humble and people oriented but now she dosent anymore now that her hubby is president.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by SirShymexx: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
AreaFada2:
My friend, Africa will only be great if Africans get their acts together not because some foreign do-gooder visits. I have visited 9ja with Western friends for 25 years. They didn't stop IBB cancelling June 12 or Abacha. Great African kingdoms were made by Africans.

Nice post. A lot of folks don't know these pictures are just PR material for a larger ponzi scheme. Once you know the history of the Gates' family, especially Bill Gates' dad, you won't trust these folks. What they're doing under the "charity" banner is similar to what Western countries do with foreign aid, albeit theirs is basically about using experimental vaccines as the cover - while the government of these countries will end up paying extras for the real vaccines on the long run, at exorbitant prices, to pharmaceutical companies the Gates family have a huge financial interest in. Ever wondered why even after ceding the majority stakes in Microsoft to Steve Ballmer and the billions he gives out in charitable causes, he's still the richest man in the world - with billions of dollars increment in his net-worth annually. He also has interest in the huge water reservoir in Africa - and that's where the money will be in the future.

It's similar to what Akon is doing at the moment with "lighting up Africa", albeit Akon is direct with his own. He's bringing out the services and know-how, while the governments in different countries in Africa would be the one to pay for the infrastructures and the services he's rendering. Smart business move and win win for all sides involved. The only difference is that he isn't pretending to be doing it for free like Bill Gates.

Africa has enormous untapped potentials and that's what everyone cares about. However, the funniest thing is that: the people who ought to claim these potentials can't really see them...only the few elites, their kids, and foreigners are the ones benefiting from them. For Africa to be great, everyone has to be carried along, and there has to be an awakening, which is non-existent right now. Currently, I'm networking with a few friends out here, with folks in naij, and you need to see the type of figures (money) folks throw around for things you can just do for free. Also, a lot of basic things are lacking and if you can go in there with the right connect/networking and resources for a start-up - you'll make loads of money. That's what all the folks screaming Africa care about - not how to move Africa to the next level. It's just a pity that folks out there can't really see these things and the rough diamonds they're sitting on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Chosen1984:
Awesome Virtue of Humility by Melinda gates. I have learned a lot from this.

The picture of her with the bucket on her head almost brought tears to my eyes.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by justmi1: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cos camera dey everywhere and social media, everybody don turn to actors and actresses, meanwhile how many miles. Did she carry the 20liters accross?
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
989900:

U said it all.
The number of rich black women that can do this . . . are less than the number of my fingers.

And the Gates are neither christians, nor muslims, nor nothing, but agnostics.

I thought she's Catholic. Melinda herself, not the husband.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
You should be ashamed of yourself for this display of ignorance publicly. This woman and her husband support the developing countries in mainly Africa and Asia with more than $100b every single year and still take time to visit as many of them as possible to have a real feel of what they are going through, yet you sit here and type rubbish.

People like you cannot even help their siblings talk less of people they do not know o.

SHAME ON YOU! angry

bigiyaro:
no big deal cos its for show, kudos to doze livin like dat for real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
fatdon2:
grin aisha buhari can do better.
Who is she? The dullard lady mama! She is unknown in the scheme of things in the world.
Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
bigiyaro:
no big deal cos its for show, kudos to doze livin like dat for real.
It is a big deal when you don't see leaders of the world wives lift a sponge to wash a plate. Stop being petulant, you primitive African!

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Melinda Gates is wife to the richest man in the world, Bill Gates. She was pictured yesterday washing plates in a village in Malawi.

According to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, Bill Gates’ net worth is $76 billion and the billionaire’s spouse Melinda, who describes herself as a “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” shared these photos of herself on her IG page. .

Melinda has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.” She's pictured with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road, after the cut

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/08/photos-bill-gates-wife-melinda-washing.html

Our politicians take our money to foreign countries, leaving the country to ruins. Bill gates and other like him are bringing their money to Africa, to help Africans.
I feel shame and sadness knowing that black people are indeed their own worst enemy...

I pray and wish that God gives me enough wealth so I can reach out to people in need.

What Melinda is doing/has done/ will still do, the wife of an LGA Chairman in Nigeria may find it below her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) by gatiano(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
mumu, mumu, mumu, mumo ron. It was stageg when the literate Fulani/Hausa were just reading and studying on their own. Now that you pink god are fetching water, trying and begging the ORIGINAL PEOPLE, THE ONE GOD to accept their sacrifices, they are good to humanity. You are a mumu. (Iam deeply sorry for calling you that, but someone needs to wake up the sleeping lion in you).

all4naija:

It is a big deal when you don't see leaders of the world wives lift a sponge to wash a plate. Stop being petulant, you primitive African!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.