Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture (7077 Views)

N780bn: I’ll Meet Lawmakers Today Over N50bn Payment – Shittu / Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam / See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by tpia: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2009
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by mystikal(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2009
those LSE guys refused to me and my friends tickets 4 d lecture
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by youngies(m): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
It is very likely that OBJ will continue to be in the good books of the West for some time . . . reason - he was/is their puppet.

The handing over of oil rich bakasi peninsula was his GMAT/Aptitude Test for getting that UN job on Congo.

I just wish someone will aim low at his crotch if and when shoes are thrown at him
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2009
youngies:

It is very likely that OBJ will continue to be in the good books of the West for some time . . . reason - he was/is their puppet.

The handing over of oil rich bakasi peninsula was his GMAT/Aptitude Test for getting that UN job on Congo.

I just wish someone will aim low at his crotch if and when shoes are thrown at him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by sley4life(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2009
OBJ deserves wat he gets. I wish he was stoned during the lecture. he killed this country and he thinks he is a hero, The evil that u do will keep living with u
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by deoye05: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
father gorila

you still de show your self cheesy
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by A40(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

OBASANJO'S CARDINAL SINS:

1.  He was a Political thief e.g. Presidential library, Ownership of transcorp

2.  300 billion budgeted for Roads, no road to show for it

3.  PTDF Money stolen by Atiku and Obasanjo

4.  NNPC missing money

5.  Fertilizer deals to Obasanjo Farms

6.  Commercialization of education

7.  Killing of Odi people

8.  Zaki-Biam Killings

9. Religious riot that killed most Nigerians in Kaduna

10. Increament of prices of petroleum products from 20 naira to 65 naira

11. Mass retrenchment

12. Stealing of funds through NEPA

13. COJA Stealing by Atiku and OBJ

14. Life presidency Project

15. No security of life and properties

16. Removal of Gov Rashidi Ladoja for no crime

17. No food. . . .Naija citizens are hungrier today than it was in the Military era.

18. Highest rate of unemployment ever!!!

19. He slept with his daughter-in-law. . . . .OBJ has no morals.

20. No Social security.
Ohh you left out the demise of Nigerian Airways and the establishment of his phantom National carrier Virgin Nigeria which is a joke giant of Africa without its own National carrier heck even Gabon,Cameroun and Equitorial Guinea have got national carriers
IBB's time was not that bad
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2009
All this protesting sef.
Obasanjo was a blessing to Nigeria.'
You're all making noise now. I wonder what would have happened to the country if the opposition had won the 99' election.
You'd all be crying/hiding in caves by now
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by kevd2: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
All those defending Obasanjo are the very reason why Africa is in the deplorable state it is.You should be ashamed of yourselves becuase you have no idea of the concept of Democracy.
This notion that a leader can run a country like his personal Estate, can hold public office and yet cannot be held accountable is the very reason why autocratic regimes and corruption always thrive.Some people are even introducing Traditional beliefs and calling for Obasanjo to be treated as an Elder- what does being an elder have to do with being the President? Are we running a Monarchy?
I-report , it is obvious that you do not understand the Democratic process and you think that it is like running your village.The people of Britian are obviously aware of their Rights and are exposed to the culture of democracy, unlike we here that have sold ourselves to slavery because we cannot stand up against injustice.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by kevd2: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2009
Finally, anybody that thinks Obasanjo was a great leader because of Yardua's performance has fallen for a deceptive claim.I liken that comparison to what ugly women in medieval spain used to do - to make themslves look beautiful they would carry monkeys on thier shoulders so that compared to the monkey they looked beautiful.Unfortunately Nigerians are to gullible to know this.Yaradua is a product of Obasanjo and the will of Nigerians was not represented in his selection.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by maxell(f): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2009
People have the right to protest; whenever the world bank or G8 holds meetings, there are always
protests. People are not necessarily protesting at the individuals, but their policies.

Obasanjo had his good and bad attributes as president. He was a good african statesman, this is why LSE
invited him over for the lecture (in my opinion any way).

If I were an LSE student, I would probably partake in the protest because I know obasanjo had a hand
in the death of Bola Ige.

I wouldn't have invited him like the LSE did sha.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by DeReloaded: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2009
IReport is Funmi eh?

Funmi, what happened to St Funmi this time
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by ugwunta: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2009
It makes me want to vomit when I see people opening their mouth criticising just to gain cheap popularity or just for the sake of hearing the sound of their voices.
Since Nigerian independence who has done better than Obasanjo?  Who would have been able to tame the military if not Obasanjo?  He was gagallivantingnd at the end our debt was cancelled.  GSM was a global phenomenon - what stopped former presidents?  Is every country in Africa and Asia now having GSM?   If not for his consolidation where will our economy be now?   Lets be real. Obasanjo is the best president Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by ugwunta: 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2009
Who restored the dignity of Nigerians if not Obasanjo? The respect those over fed runnawarunawaysdon is enjoy is not the fruit of Obasanjo's govt.

What has Yaradua done since he came into power? Where were they when Yaradua was turning everything upside down. Where is Ribadu? What happened to corrupt governors now? How much did Igbinedo steal and how much did he pay?
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Moyola(f): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2009
Chei!! Baba Iyabo don suffer!
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by sukieboy(f): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2009
Kai Nigerians like taking things very personal. There is no leader that will not make mistakes so while judging them, lets give room for that.
OBJ wasn't that bad as most pple are presenting here and I say this is very bad for the country because we don't even know what we want as a pple. If the LSE guys are protesting, let them do. Its democratic, and they should pick concrete points like the Zaki Ibiam and Udi issue and make him take responsibility for it and apologize.

He was very dynamic, progress loving though very arrogant too. But what do you expect from a man that his own pple rejected? the polity was very fragile too, we shouldn't 4get that. All we wanted was the military out of govt. That government made mistakes especially in the political landscape. Their desire not to see opposition. Again, Opposition has been very weak, even up till 2day. The govt also brought govt things our way. Infact, would these LSE guys carry out this protest under ABACHA?. GSM, u guys remember what David Mark said when he was Minister of Comms? "Telephone is not for everybody".

My greatest displeasure is the choice of Yardua as his successor was ill thot out and very selfish. Generally PDP is very arrogant and selfish. They lack vision and cordination. Yardua, I believe will be the worst President of Nigeria in recorded time. He does not have the intelligence to even lead wrongly. Wait a minute. I think the LSE guys should protest against Yardua, cos OBJ's is like crying over spilled MIlk.
but very importantly let grow up. I read throw these thread and I saw many Obasanjos, calling pple names and all that. Insulting analogies, is that the strength of democracy?
rockhaven:

kudos to these nigerian protesters.OBASANJO should be so ashamed and self respecting enough to turn down invitations to lecture any civilised gathering.OBJ is a shame to the youruba mother who bore him.he squandered nigeria opportunities and resorurces while hunting down innocent nigerians for corruption.

THE LSE STUDENTS SHOULD PLEASE RISK ALL TO GIVE HIM A REAL SHOWDOWN.

@kev-d
these LSE students are largely children of corrupt Nigerian leaders and businessmen, so, what are they saying? What have they done as a student grow to help the country? see National development is all abt contributions and not making NOISE!!!!!
Abeg leave me Jare!!!!!
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Sauron1: 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2009
ugwunta:

It makes me want to vomit when I see people opening their mouth criticising just to gain cheap popularity or just for the sake of hearing the sound of their voices.
Since Nigerian independence who has done better than Obasanjo?  Who would have been able to tame the military if not Obasanjo?  He was gagallivantingnd at the end our debt was cancelled.  GSM was a global phenomenon - what stopped former presidents?  

Other previous presidents were Military Dictators. . . . . . .OBJ was a democratic President.
Foreign investors were unsure of the political stability of Nigeria under the Military. . . . .OBJ did nothing.
Abacha/IBB/Buhari as democratic Presidents woulda done more than OBJ.

Read ma lips: OBJ is a PIG!!!
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by SuperPap: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2009
U have big jogbolo lips boy.

So u r saying u want abacha and all dem people back?
Nigerians 4get d past 2 easily.
Abeg leave Obj. If ur fada is better let him be president.
Chikena.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by sukieboy(f): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2009
If na Obj b this I wonder what will be said  of Yardua when he passes on
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by ow11(m): 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
All Nigerian leaders deserve to be disgraced as they have all failed to rule the country honestly and diligently. Obasanjo is no exception, but for the penchant to quell any salient protests on the streets of Nigeria with bullets, many Nigerians would protest.

Where are the pictures showing the pelting??
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Robotnik: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
I think those writing negative comments about obj are just fools even when Christ came some people hated him, I am very sorry, there can never be a perfect president! but
As far as i am concerned obj tried his best, and the people that are protesting are the ones that have never lived up to 5 years lately in Nigeria to know changes.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Other previous presidents were Military Dictators. . . . . . .OBJ was a democratic President.
Foreign investors were unsure of the political stability of Nigeria under the Military. . . . .OBJ did nothing.
Abacha/IBB/Buhari as democratic Presidents woulda done more than OBJ.

Read ma lips: OBJ is a PIG!!!

You guys need to shut the hell up.
Nobody on this forum would have done better than what Obasanjo did so y'all better shut the F up.
I know a lot will come up and claim they can do it. Bullshit. If you can, run for the bleeping Presidency and lets see how you'll do.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Sauron1: 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2009
A-town:

You guys need to shut the hell up.
Nobody on this forum would have done better than what Obasanjo did so y'all better shut the F up.
I know a lot will come up and claim they can do it. Bullshit. If you can, run for the bleeping Presidency and lets see how you'll do.

U need to put a cock in your mouth. . . .

Of course, nobody on this thread woulda been a mass murderer like OBJ. . . .
His genocide in Odi Community makes Hitler look like an amateur serial killer.
OBJ is the worst president Nigeria ever had. . . . . . .He had 8 years under a democratic government and he achieved nothing.
He was well supported by world leaders and what did he put together in those years?? Nothing.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by tpia: 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2009
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by presido1: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2009
tpia:

-aloy emekraze will be around her somewhere and vice versa. Follow him and you'll find her.
I think u are missing him chei cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by cliveland: 3:38am On Mar 20, 2009
some naijas r just funny though with a stupid attitude, how can any1 naija 4 that matter welcome OBJ to any place of repute, haba ireport u must dey kolo big time n so 4 d likes of UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by mystics(m): 6:08am On Mar 20, 2009
Some human beings choose simply to use thier brains in the wrong direction, Am so so pissed by people like ireport, thank God you are ireport, ur report is strickly for your digest. am pretty sure you dont live in naija, for those who live in niaja yet choose to think with their kini rather than their heads, ur on ur own strickly. One thing is clear, BABA no try and person wey shit for church, na im hand im go use pack am. We should learn from them in the UK, if a few nigerians living in the UK can express themselves in such a brilliant and commendable way, then we need to wake up at home where we are over 140 million. What we should have done was to remove him after the first 2 years, not through the legistative arm because they were his boi boi, Obasanjo could fire a senator or rep without his contituency recalling him. Imagine this, a small fraction lets say 10 million niaja peeps representing 140 million march to Aso rock stay there till the president leaves through the back door, we install a new person, come back home and wait to repeat same action if the new guys messes up, i bet you naija will so be better.
For now kudos to the UK GUYS, u keep reping Naija
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Ayankaa: 6:30am On Mar 20, 2009
G W Bush was rated by Americans as the worse performing president of the states, yet he is universally recieved till date. Its high time we forgot this guy and face the reality (future)
He came he is gone no amount of talking will change the past it only makes the past ever green.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Afam4eva(m): 6:41am On Mar 20, 2009
Robotnik:

I think those writing negative comments about obj are just fools even when Christ came some people hated him, I am very sorry, there can never be a perfect president! but
As far as i am concerned obj tried his best, and the people that are protesting are the ones that have never lived up to 5 years lately in Nigeria to know changes.

You're the one that is a nicompoop, it's people like you that make me wonder if there's any hope for nigeria.

You're cursing people for criticizing the greatest dirt that has ever touched the nigerian soil, Isi-ewu 2009
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Willzkid(m): 7:44am On Mar 20, 2009
Pls, cn sum1 help me wit da link to obj's interview on BBC . And wt does lmao mean, i'm new here.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Willzkid(m): 7:46am On Mar 20, 2009
Pls, cn sum1 help me wit da link to obj's interview on BBC . And wt does lmao mean, i'm new here.
Re: Protest In London Today Over Obasanjo's Lecture by Willzkid(m): 7:46am On Mar 20, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How This Sokoto APC Senator Who Just Decamped To PDP Was Recieved In Sokoto / Fayemi: Ekiti Attracted $500 Million World Bank Projects In 4 Years / We Will Do Our Best To Support Nigeria — DG WTO, Okonjo-Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.