Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin (843 Views)

See What A Serving Nigeria Army Officer Posted On His Facebook Page About Igbos. / Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by laidian(m): 6:20am On Aug 03, 2015
Immediate past Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Dr. Ade Abolurin, yesterday disclosed how 57 bullets were shot at him in his 10-year sojourn as head of the asset safety agency.

He also disclosed that 20 petitions were written against him during his stay in office.

Abolurin said he faced several attacks in his determined resolve to serve God and humanity in the public service.

The former NSCDC boss was speaking at an interdenominational thanksgiving service organised for him at the National Ecumenical Centre, Abuja. He said on one occasion, over 1,000 unused bullets were recovered from some attackers sent to kill him when he
travelled to Plateau State on official duty.

Abolurin, who began his remarks with a song that Jesus will soon come back to judge the living and the dead, told the congregation that many people have said many things about what he had done but they did not talk about the efficacy of prayers in his life.

He specifically thanked God for shielding him from hired assassins, who he said, threw two grenades at his car in Plateau State, adding that God showed His enormous powers when the bullets shot at him refused to penetrate his body.

Abolurin, however, lamented that the incident led to the death of his driver.

He also gave testimony of how God saved him from a Bellview plane crash when the pilot announced that he had lost control, saying the prayers of the faithful kept him.

While acknowledging the number of Muslim faithful present at the event, Abolurin emphasised the need for more peaceful coexistence among believers of all faith.

In his remarks, Deputy Secretary, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Mr. Jayeola Daramola, who presented a bible gift on behalf of the association, described Abolurin as a dependable Christian, who he said served the nation honestly in his capacity as head of NSCDC.

www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-received-57-bullets-20-petitions-for-serving-nigeria-abolurin/
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by Kollyk11(m): 6:29am On Aug 03, 2015
welldone sir
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 03, 2015
He try shaa
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by omowolewa: 6:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Hummmm! Omo yoruba atata!!
Only a true African man can do that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by otokx(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2015
Thank God sha but
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by Segadem(m): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2015
omowolewa:
Hummmm! Omo yoruba atata!! Only a true African man can do that
hmm
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by dokiOloye(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Hope U will take Ur successor to d place U got Ur own bulletproof juju grin
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by bonechamberlain(m): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2015
this man should be given an award for the way he handled the nscdc.

1 Like

Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:05am On Aug 03, 2015
bonechamberlain:
this man should be given an award for the way he handled the nscdc.
Yeah. Fairly decent and professional force. Not like the hopeless police....
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by unknown87: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2015
I saw this man @ least 50 times when I was a corper in FMI. Then they were having challenges bringing in their fire arm for the corp. Ade Abolurin is still the most approachable CG in the country very humble and warm. He came into my office a couple of times. Congrats Oga mi
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by mikolo80: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
only 20 petitions. means you were not doing your job
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by Lanretoye(m): 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
50cent,shay u hear?,you are still a learner.
Re: I Received 57 Bullets, 20 Petitions For Serving Nigeria –abolurin by walemoney007(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Month ti gbo

(1) (Reply)

EX Defence Chief Indicts GEJ, Ihejirika And PDP In Boko Haram Terror Crisis. / Still Thinking About This: Man Calls Police To Arrest Cat For Eating His Bacon! / 2050 Nigeria To Become 3rd Most Populous In The Wolrd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.