Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) (40461 Views)

Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali / Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters / Fear Of Arrest: Politicians Lobby CCB To Rectify Declaration Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by prospero15(m): 8:27am On Aug 03, 2015
agarawu23:
can only happen in a country where citizens don't know their right and where citizens can't fight for their right only to make mouth on Nairaland embarassed

Even if the guy is a criminal, the police man don't have the right to drag him like that.

I weep for my nation angry

My guy I know u've heard of "accidental discharge"..even "trigger-happy officers"..well such abuses cnt happen in developed countries..Naija never join nah
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by here: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
when the Police come to arrest you,dont resist,comply,don't try funny things and you won't be dragged on the floor...you all think the Police just got to the guy,pushed him down and started dragging him!??No...let's think beyond what we see...he must hv left him no choice...people tend to misbehave n b disrespectful when a lone policeman comes to enforce d law.
No human deserve this.
Even a convicted murderer takes his bath and is given clean cloths washed by someone to wear to where he is executed.
This is the mentality that we are against,dont worry soon people will find a way to deal with this as you and others feel its right.Sorry about my tune just disappointed you can find a reason to justify this. Do you know why most blacks run from arrest abroad? Not because most are bad, but because there have been stories of evidence being planted. Then imagine what could happen in this part of the world. No police officer in practice effects an arrest in this type of environment we are looking at and more so with a riffle. Care and custody of suspects as taught even in Nigerian police colleges ensures that you cannot even transport a suspect on speed boat handcuffed. His safety is your responsibility.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by maestroz: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
when the Police come to arrest you,dont resist,comply,don't try funny things and you won't be dragged on the floor...you all think the Police just got to the guy,pushed him down and started dragging him!??No...let's think beyond what we see...he must hv left him no choice...people tend to misbehave n b disrespectful when a lone policeman comes to enforce d law.

then you should be arrested and dragged on the floor in like manner. what happened to handcuffs? a suspect remains a suspect till proven guilty by a competent court of law. do you know that the policeman just soiled the police profession in the mud!. would you like your friend or family member be dragged on the floor even when defenseless? this is utmost babaric
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by ajebuter(f): 8:29am On Aug 03, 2015
That happens when you have high percenatage of illiterate, retired agbero and semi literate police force

I cover my eyes in shame when our police force can only communicate in pidgin and nothing else.

A literate, well equipped and properly trained police will never resort to this barbaric method
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 8:29am On Aug 03, 2015
The Zoo deserves that.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
maestroz:

then you should be arrested and dragged on the floor in like manner. what happened to handcuffs? a suspect remains a suspect till proven guilty by a competent court of law. do you know that the policeman just soiled the police profession in the mud!. would you like your friend or family member be dragged on the floor even when defenseless? this is utmost babaric

You are talking nonsense.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by AreaFada2: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
To arrest, you need a warrant, but I bet this man in black has none otherwise he won't be alone. They just harass and round up people anyhow to collect illegal bail money. As for having no choice, how do policemen elsewhere do it without dragging those resisting on tarmac? Why can't NPF train to do likewise.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by silversonuc(m): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
bros r u a policeman?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:
the police man would not have dragged him if the man complied and respected himself. So if he is a robber and insists on not following the police man,the policeman should be begging him,abi?
this is babaric...stop defending what is not right...There a sane ways to apprehend suspects who resist arrest..do u think it's all the whites that submit themselves willingly to arrest y don't their security agencies drag dem like animals Even a confirmed muderer has a fundamental human right...when US claims they not gonna sell weapons to us cos of our abuse of human rights,we will be blaming and cursing them...

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2015
our PF been acting primitive from time immemorial.... angry
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by prospero15(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2015
IAmTobore:
Will you guys shut your fingers? Did the guy agree to follow the police in the first place? I wonder why we always like painting bad pictures of our country. We all know that if it was USA's cops, they would have beaten the guy to pulp before throwing him into the vehicle.

My guy I dnt agree with you..I've nt seen such in d U.S police
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by hollowpot15684(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2015
The name of everybody contributing to spilling the blood of people is written on the wall of failure.
They have failed to actualize deir dreams
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by lurlah2014(f): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2015
assault from the highest order what kind of country did i find myself ##olorun ma je kin ri ogun olopa nigeriaaa##
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by femi4: 8:35am On Aug 03, 2015
RichDad1:

ashley(25), remedies4a, Emilo(34), dolphinx(35), radiation(28), TOYNEX, ray4life(41), Femonjay, Gogirl, lakesider(30), sulakishop(34), MANGAM(33), jboi08(28), saintF, amelatod, djsmart, slydog, xplen(25), Dannysmart(27), horlajide, tayot1(25), Splint2009, Balatoks(33), osas03(23), tunebob, Yeecar, aurxtino(21), nairabest(36), Arcard(22), Tolobashe(30), Fishoy(23), JaneOU(30), emyibe(36), bishophenry, Nuezha, kingpin0308, olami234lekan(30), sKeetz, iykomo0(21), Godson201333(27), h3ro(31), oleary, ayorwizz, benjsniper33, prof1990, jemmy157(24), Gregdcutie(20), bmbachu, Annybens1993, creepsyme, CodeineJunkiee(29), IZEGOLD(34), Misella(24), smoothrun(36), MISSCONGENIALITY(22), funmercy1(26), taiwokyle(25), wiringdpt(27), Candy22(23), Zainal(19), gingger(24), busuyi44(36), mulablings007, nunamyeong, mrham03(25), Temmi001(21), Hitunnu(28), advocatebaba, addak, bodeoni(26), LordClem(26), muyicomms(33), Oseodionventure(33), Adegokedamisky(20), oyedeji522(19), demolasikiru(22), osbd4u(26), dmkcah, HzRF(20), diaamondz, optimusprimer, Elemo45(22), Staru1(25), ifewunmy(25), angrybird007(25), eldrone(28), Ekemyx(22), blackmarya(21), sallyjegz(26), Danilo94(21), shegzyabi, davss02, padrey(37), DrAremu, Albornowi, glowryhaa(18), riskystep10(26), oshunreal(50), greymatter15(36), Adaceleb(22), ilakaoyo(38), sakinggy(26)
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 03, 2015
Nkemtreasure:
And what did our people do? Nothing. Even the passers-by are like "e no concern me". If we can not stand up for our rights, then this will always continue. If you look well, it's in the poor man's neighborhood.
"And what did our people do" you just asked?

They did something na, 'taking pictures' as usual, to be posted and deliberated upon later. That's how bad our society is @ the moment and NOT peculiar to Nigerians alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Haywhymido(m): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2015
May God punish anybody wey advice this person nt to beat d hell out of dis police for dragging human being like dis.Those people are serving demselves nt d civilians.Go to other countries of world n see how policemen n women treat civilians like kings. If u see the way policemen go abt getting information out frm suspects in oversea countries u go like commit crime sef.Over there policemen prefer to be shot than for a civilian to be. When we no longer av ombudsman in nigeria we shd expect more n sumthin worse dan dis. God why is everything wrong in nigeria
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Paschal55(m): 8:38am On Aug 03, 2015
When I address NIGERIA as a ZOO now,some E-rat will b ready to devour me,but even as that I still call it a #ZOO# where everything is possible.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by MadCow1: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Shout out to all the policemen that have been extorting and abusing Nigerians in the name of law enforcement.

Shout out to the politicians that have destroyed our education system thereby making Nigerians ignorant of their rights.

Shout out to the Nigerians who keep voting along religious, ethnic and sentimental lines as against voting for those who actually have the real leadership qualities.

That guy is lucky.. Others get shot at point blank range.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Haywhymido(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

My guy I dnt agree with you..I've nt seen such in d U.S police
guy u get time o. u r actually replying dat mumu.How can a policeman be dragging one of those u r paid to protect.I guess d guy u quoted na animal dat why he like dat treatment.Animal in disguise
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by benshow33: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2015
RickRichards:
Isn't he innocent until proven guilty? Or is there ever an exception to the rule? This is inhuman. The policeman needs psychiatric evaluation to ascertain the state of his mental health.

What if the guy is a confirmed armed robber? If you respect police man, he will reciprocate. Remember, they are not from heaven, they belong to the society, our society. They are the true reflection of what we have in our society!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2015
geozone:
im not a police sympathiser but for the situation to degenerate to this, the man must have shown resistance. we'll be needing the story to draw conclusions .

Which resistance, would the police man drag that man if he was a son of a governor or prominent person. Is a crime for someone to fight for his rights, people only resists arrest when they perceive that the circumstances are unjust. am sure the cop wanted money from him and he refused.

Stop supporting injustice, just because you are a beneficiary of such schemes doesnt make it right. angry
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2015
benshow33:

What if the guy is a confirmed armed robber? If you respect police man, he will reciprocate. Remember, they are not from heaven, they belong to the society, our society. They are the true reflection of what we have in our society!

I d like to know your true response when it happens to you.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Sylverbox(m): 8:44am On Aug 03, 2015
RichDad1:
Babaric.
FTC? shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dedicate this spot to all you Birthday Boys and Girls, Daddies and Mummies, most especiallly my wondeful Sister wink wink wink . Have Blast.

ashley(25), remedies4a, Emilo(34), dolphinx(35), radiation(28), TOYNEX, ray4life(41), Femonjay, Gogirl, lakesider(30), sulakishop(34), MANGAM(33), jboi08(28), saintF, amelatod, djsmart, slydog, xplen(25), Dannysmart(27), horlajide, tayot1(25), Splint2009, Balatoks(33), osas03(23), tunebob, Yeecar, aurxtino(21), nairabest(36), Arcard(22), Tolobashe(30), Fishoy(23), JaneOU(30), emyibe(36), bishophenry, Nuezha, kingpin0308, olami234lekan(30), sKeetz, iykomo0(21), Godson201333(27), h3ro(31), oleary, ayorwizz, benjsniper33, prof1990, jemmy157(24), Gregdcutie(20), bmbachu, Annybens1993, creepsyme, CodeineJunkiee(29), IZEGOLD(34), Misella(24), smoothrun(36), MISSCONGENIALITY(22), funmercy1(26), taiwokyle(25), wiringdpt(27), Candy22(23), Zainal(19), gingger(24), busuyi44(36), mulablings007, nunamyeong, mrham03(25), Temmi001(21), Hitunnu(28), advocatebaba, addak, bodeoni(26), LordClem(26), muyicomms(33), Oseodionventure(33), Adegokedamisky(20), oyedeji522(19), demolasikiru(22), osbd4u(26), dmkcah, HzRF(20), diaamondz, optimusprimer, Elemo45(22), Staru1(25), ifewunmy(25), angrybird007(25), eldrone(28), Ekemyx(22), blackmarya(21), sallyjegz(26), Danilo94(21), shegzyabi, davss02, padrey(37), DrAremu, Albornowi, glowryhaa(18), riskystep10(26), oshunreal(50), greymatter15(36), Adaceleb(22), ilakaoyo(38), sakinggy(26)
Na wa O°˚° NLders don dey stingy with likes now.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by distinguished1(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2015
Can someone look closely, observe and analyze?
By law of physics it's not possible to drag the man in that posture.
Assume the man is just 70kg, can you drag it with one hand, minimum contact and looking on opposite direction?
Haba! Thank God I go school.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Muyo4g: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2015
grin
Idiataqueen:
La wa o
grin
Idiataqueen:
La wa o
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by RichDad1(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2015
Sylverbox:
Na wa O°˚° NLders don dey stingy with likes now.
me sef no kuku ma send dem.lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by avast007: 8:48am On Aug 03, 2015
haha.....
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by geozone: 8:48am On Aug 03, 2015
kaeforum:

Which resistance, would the police man drag that man if he was a son of a governor or prominent person. Is a crime for someone to fight for his rights, people only resists arrest when they perceive that the circumstances are unjust. am sure the cop wanted money from him and he refused.

Stop supporting injustice, just because you are a beneficiary of such schemes doesnt make it right. angry

you draw vague conclusions on a character you do not know. im not a policeman nor do i know any. you seem a bit angry at the world hence i will ignore your insult. do have a good day or at least try.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Idiataqueen(f): 8:49am On Aug 03, 2015
Muyo4g:
grin grin
bros ow body?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by sanyajava: 8:50am On Aug 03, 2015
Knowing your right has a citizen is paramount, the guy possibly fit be okada or danfo driver oh! The police officer should be demoted
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by YoowPeeRochas(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2015
This is sheer Police's inhumanity to Man! shocked. Dats y they **e like c :-Xhickens!
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Sylverbox(m): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2015
RichDad1:

me sef no kuku ma send dem.lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
as in ehn... Na d best thing be that my brother. U try abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Camp Zero, Converge Point Of Boko Haram Which Soldiers Destroyed On 24th (Pics) / Drunk Soldier Bounced From A Club In Lagos (Photo, Video) / El-Rufai's Convoy: Ugezu J Ugezu 'A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener'(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.