Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) (40460 Views)

Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali / Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters / Fear Of Arrest: Politicians Lobby CCB To Rectify Declaration Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
AreaFada2:
To arrest, you need a warrant, but I bet this man in black has none otherwise he won't be alone. They just harass and round up people anyhow to collect illegal bail money. As for having no choice, how do policemen elsewhere do it without dragging those resisting on tarmac? Why can't NPF train to do likewise.
Nawa oo...so if I see an armed robber,i will disarm him and then leave him to go and get arrest warrant....brain de for dt ur head at all??
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by AreaFada2: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
Nawa oo...so if I see an armed robber,i will disarm him and then leave him to go and get arrest warrant....brain de for dt ur head at all??
Well you live in an oppressive society so these things seem strange to you. Who said that guy was an armed robber? Your police that run away when they hear gunshots, return hours later saying " wey dem, wey dem, round up innocent young men to collect bail money. grin cheesy I had senior police relatives when police was even fairly decent decades back. The problem with 9ja is that people with little knowledge, experience or exposure think they know it all. What percentage of arrests involves armed robbery in 9ja? So in your wisdom you believe police go about dragging armed robbers on the tarmac? Police that even shoot unarmed innocent citizens will not discharge all their bullets on sighting armed robbers? Please examine your own head first. I can even help because I'm actually trained to do so, among others. grin cheesy
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by eightsin(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:
the questions we ought to ask is why did the man allowed himself to be dragged instead of walking?why didn't he just stand up?look closely at the picture,the man seems not to be keen to walk,it is like he gave the police no other choice but to drag him.

If you are not in Nigeria, the answer to the question you ask will still not make meaning... there can be quite a number of reasons for refusing arrest. I wouldn't know his own.. but one thing is sure. Once you get to that station, the only thing that will bring u out is money weather guilty or not.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bummyla(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lord Have Mercy! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by prospero15(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
IAmTobore:
What about the electric baton? What is it used for?

Why z it in der inventory??..for d hard headed guys who resist arrest..
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by prospero15(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Meksbig:
samuel dubose( an unarmed man) was shot by a policeman last week and sandra bland died in police custody in suspicious circumstances 2 weeks ago

Well am nt oblivious of dat was making reference 2 dragging ur fellow citizen across d road 4 no jst cause in d name of arrest
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by prospero15(m): 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
stagger:

So you have not heard of the chokehold death? Or the guy banged up in a police ambulance, or the Ferguson shooting, or the recent one where the police edited the video from the police car camera only for the real video to resurface showing the policemen shooting an unarmed black suspect?

Com'on!

I didn't make mention of such nt happening..was any black nigga or white dragged along like a goat 2 d slaughterhouse??
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by boujaye: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
Doesn't APC change campaign affect police?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

I repeat.. This is an abuse of human rights. A US police officer wont drag a suspect like an animal across the street... if it does happen,such officer will lose his job,i have seen several cases where the abuse meted out by an officer was in no way close to this barbaric one,yet got sacked..it is completely unacceptable...There are sane and much more decent ways to arrest someone resisting arrest...

US police force is no better. if it was in the US, the guy would probably be shot dead.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by xklucvG: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
RichDad1:
Babaric.
FTC? shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dedicate this spot to all you Birthday Boys and Girls, Daddies and Mummies, most especiallly my wondeful Sister wink wink wink . Have Blast.

ashley(25), remedies4a, Emilo(34), dolphinx(35), radiation(28), TOYNEX, ray4life(41), Femonjay, Gogirl, lakesider(30), sulakishop(34), MANGAM(33), jboi08(28), saintF, amelatod, djsmart, slydog, xplen(25), Dannysmart(27), horlajide, tayot1(25), Splint2009, Balatoks(33), osas03(23), tunebob, Yeecar, aurxtino(21), nairabest(36), Arcard(22), Tolobashe(30), Fishoy(23), JaneOU(30), emyibe(36), bishophenry, Nuezha, kingpin0308, olami234lekan(30), sKeetz, iykomo0(21), Godson201333(27), h3ro(31), oleary, ayorwizz, benjsniper33, prof1990, jemmy157(24), Gregdcutie(20), bmbachu, Annybens1993, creepsyme, CodeineJunkiee(29), IZEGOLD(34), Misella(24), smoothrun(36), MISSCONGENIALITY(22), funmercy1(26), taiwokyle(25), wiringdpt(27), Candy22(23), Zainal(19), gingger(24), busuyi44(36), mulablings007, nunamyeong, mrham03(25), Temmi001(21), Hitunnu(28), advocatebaba, addak, bodeoni(26), LordClem(26), muyicomms(33), Oseodionventure(33), Adegokedamisky(20), oyedeji522(19), demolasikiru(22), osbd4u(26), dmkcah, HzRF(20), diaamondz, optimusprimer, Elemo45(22), Staru1(25), ifewunmy(25), angrybird007(25), eldrone(28), Ekemyx(22), blackmarya(21), sallyjegz(26), Danilo94(21), shegzyabi, davss02, padrey(37), DrAremu, Albornowi, glowryhaa(18), riskystep10(26), oshunreal(50), greymatter15(36), Adaceleb(22), ilakaoyo(38), sakinggy(26)
Ah ah! You don dey crase?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

I didn't make mention of such nt happening..was any black nigga or white dragged along like a goat 2 d slaughterhouse??

you mean being killed is better than being dragged?

i have a prayer for you sir, and say amen

May police officer shoot you dead instead of dragging you around like a goat.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

U are correct.. but the question is " what happens to the officers in ur cited examples who misbehave? They get punished by d law..officers there don't abuse human rights with impunity, unlike what is normal here,Police officers don't give a Bleep about ur rights cos no one will punish them for abusing ur rights..

they are placed on paid leave sir. meaning they dont go to work, but still get paid anyways
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
AreaFada2:
Well you live in an oppressive society so these things seem strange to you. Who said that guy was an armed robber? Your police that run away when they hear gunshots, return hours later saying " wey dem, wey dem, round up innocent young men to collect bail money. grin cheesy I had senior police relatives when police was even fairly decent decades back. The problem with 9ja is that people with little knowledge, experience or exposure think they know it all. What percentage of arrests involves armed robbery in 9ja? So in your wisdom you believe police go about dragging armed robbers on the tarmac? Police that even shoot unarmed innocent citizens will not discharge all their bullets on sighting armed robbers? Please examine your own head first. I can even help because I'm actually trained to do so, among others. grin cheesy
you just de talk off point bro...who says d guy is not a robber...we leave in a society where police doesn't need no warrant to arrest you in public, so get used to it...it's different thing going to arrest a man in his house and arresting a suspect along the street...that needs no warrant even in the Yankee you're indirectly praising...once you're a suspect with no known destination or residence...you're taken into custody...so my brother get your colleagues to examine you
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
donnypool:

they are placed on paid leave sir. meaning they dont go to work, but still get paid anyways
That's a big lie.. The one that placed d black dude on choke hold has been fired and he is being tried for murder...paid leave my foot.. The merit of d case will determine d outcome.. so many of dem that misbehaves or manhandle suspects end up been sacked and charged for carelessness, attempted murder, manslaughter or even 2nd degree murder. ..stop lying here please.. no b only u dey watch news naa..haba
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
donnypool:

US police force is no better. if it was in the US, the guy would probably be shot dead.
Yeah..he won't shoot a suspect dead and walk away..right? The laws of d land will surely treat his Bleep up..unlike Nigeria,where hundreds have been shot and walked away without anyone giving a Bleep..
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

Yeah..he won't shoot a suspect dead and walk away..right? The laws of d land will surely treat his Bleep up..unlike Nigeria,where hundreds have been shot and walked away without anyone giving a Bleep..

the law treat whose fvck up? paid leave is treat Bleep up?

my friend police is brutal in the US as it is nigeria. the only difference is that one is a first world country, the other is a third world country.

and you will always prefer to be killed by a first world police officer than to be dragged by a third world police officer. smh truth hurt

well RIP though
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

That's a big lie.. The one that placed d black dude on choke hold has been fired and he is being tried for murder...paid leave my foot.. The merit of d case will determine d outcome.. so many of dem that misbehaves or manhandle suspects end up been sacked and charged for carelessness, attempted murder, manslaughter or even 2nd degree murder. ..stop lying here please.. no b only u dey watch news naa..haba

lol the case of Micheal brown, he was killed because of jaywalking. police is brutal both the US and in Nigeria. i can say that you are more
likely to be killed by american police than a Nigerian police officer.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bigerboy200: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
donnypool:

lol the case of Micheal brown, he was killed because of jaywalking. police is brutal both the US and in Nigeria. i can say that you are more
likely to be killed by american police than a Nigerian police officer.
Haaa..thaz not true..Nigerian police kill people like animals.. go to SARS,u won't argue again...we have one of d worst human right records in history..
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by tommysparks: 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
shadelek:
The only reason why I wish to become a Nigerian army is because I hate these heartless people called policemen
if you think police is heartless wait make soldier slap you.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
agarawu23:
can only happen in a country where citizens don't know their right and where citizens can't fight for their right only to make mouth on Nairaland embarassed

Even if the guy is a criminal, the police man don't have the right to drag him like that.

I weep for my nation angry
I beg go hide urself for inside rabbit hole jare.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

Haaa..thaz not true..Nigerian police kill people like animals.. go to SARS,u won't argue again...we have one of d worst human right records in history..

bro i am in canada, and i can tell you my encounter with officers at 2am in my own house. I am happy i am still alive to tell my story. police is brutal everywhere. i lived in nigeria for 19 years before relocating to canada. i didnt see police kill someone that is just walking by. but i have seen them arrest someone on a crime scene.

the fact that we are third world country doesn't mean our under paid officers is doing everything wrong. do you know how many police officers are killed per day in Nigeria? do you think and an indian, chinese, american, german, russian etc police officers will treat you better than a Nigerian officer will treat you?

go on youtube and watch "police brutality" videos, then you will understand.

i rest my case
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
when the Police come to arrest you,dont resist,comply,don't try funny things and you won't be dragged on the floor...you all think the Police just got to the guy,pushed him down and started dragging him!??No...let's think beyond what we see...he must hv left him no choice...people tend to misbehave n b disrespectful when a lone policeman comes to enforce d law.
I beg you get brain jare.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Owongtok(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Police violating basic human rights since independence.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

dis is babaric,u trying to defend d police action just shows how babarism has crept into d mentality of Nigerians...in decent and sane societies,there are ways ways to apprehend sum1 who resists arrest,even if he's a confimed muderer..what happened to pepper spraying,what happens to low voltage induced shocking to immobilise a suspect....this is just unacceptable....stop defending recklessnese,cruelty and babarism...we r not animals,sadly enough,d guy might b innocent..
Do we have the pepper spray and electric baton you are talking about?
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
That country is so backward that I cry each time I see images coming out of there. Savages! Primitive human beings who refuse to change for the better! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
[size=18pt]When you see the horrible state of Nigerian military and police barracks, you will not respect the Nigerian government.
Now you will understand why the military and police officers are always easily irritated, because of the indignities they suffer daily in the horrible living conditions of their dilapidated barracks with the worst bathrooms and toilets I have ever seen in military and police barracks in the world.[/size]
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
stagger:

Then you have not been watching the news.
Than you my bro. Even the guy that quoted him, called me an animal. But I just decided to keep calm.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bola4dprec(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
ylaa:
u must be ologba. sorry officer grin
dan doka ni no be ologba
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
prospero15:

Well am nt oblivious of dat was making reference 2 dragging ur fellow citizen across d road 4 no jst cause in d name of arrest
If that guy had respected himself, he wouldn't have been dragged on the ground. The only equipment used for those that resist arrest is electrification with electric baton or other electrifying equipment. And I can bet it that he will still be dragged after the electrification. Because he will be too weak to stand by himself.
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by bola4dprec(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
ylaa:
u must be ologba. sorry officer grin
ologba? smh
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by IAmTobore(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
bigerboy200:

If that's the case, go to USA, commit a very minor offence (just for observation), then when the police arrives, you should resist the arrest. I pray you survive in order to testify with your mouth!
Re: Policeman Drags Suspect Along The Road In The Name Of Arrest (Photo) by firstolalekan(m): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
[s]
BADNEAT:
when the Police come to arrest you,dont resist,comply,don't try funny things and you won't be dragged on the floor...you all think the Police just got to the guy,pushed him down and started dragging him!??No...let's think beyond what we see...he must hv left him no choice...people tend to misbehave n b disrespectful when a lone policeman comes to enforce d law.
[/s]
Ode

Can this action ever be justified?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki & His Sister During Their Childhood Days / Camp Zero, Converge Point Of Boko Haram Which Soldiers Destroyed On 24th (Pics) / Aftermath Of Owo Church Attack: 70% Of Our People Have Left – Sarkin Hausawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.