Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:48 PM

Christians: The Most Confuse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: The Most Confuse (3104 Views)

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. / Sober Reflection For Christians.....the Lord Is Coming Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by abduljabbar4(m): 1:16am On Aug 05, 2015
Eddlad:

I can answer you biblically or logically but my fear is that you won't be able to comprehend.Am also unsure what your motives are.
cheesy
Answer her and stop beating your chest
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Sanchez01: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Jesus can never be a sacrifice for sins…
This is where I have issues with you guys. A Christian thread, you jumped in and made some demeaning comment. If it was a Muslim thread or against your prophet, you guys would either have threatened, insulted or forcefully declare him/her a muslim. Decorum is key and in this regard, highly neededsmiley.
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Scholar8200(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

undecided , brother are you saying you dont belive that soul is immortal ?
Oh, why not? Now decide which of these died and who did not:

Genesis 49:33
And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, [size=14pt]and was gathered unto his people[/size]

Matthew 27:50
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost

Acts 5:5-10
And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Based on the final authority- the Bible-all of the above died!
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Sanchez01: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2015
MizJanet:

I actually met an indoctrinated folk like you who also Lack knowledge !

He told me there is something called resurection

I ASK: whats resurection

He Replied : coming back to live

I ASK : when will it happen

He Replied: Future

I Asked : but ur religion said you dont die , how will u now come back to life ?

He Replied : yes , actually we dont die , but our flesh died . So that flesh or body will be resurected back for us .

I asked : so u wont have flesh until resurection, do u belive in ghosts preach by your religion ?

He Replied : Yes .

I Asked : BUT your religion affirms that when ghosts appear they appear in human form , and people could see them ; where do they get their flesh since it hasnt been resurected yet ?

He Replied : to confess, actually have not seen one , I just belive. But have also heard something along that line of ghost coming in flesh , that question is something I need to research on . Thanks .

He activates his thinking . And ponder on the point raised . Thats exactly what you should do about the original post
So you think indoctrinated Christians lack knowlegde? Let me take some time out to explain and confirm and perhaps add to what you claim you got from Christians.

True, there is resurrection, there is death and there is sleep (not literary).

So, what is resurrection: Resurrection for Christians is the act by which one defies and challenges common knowledge, and science by which an entity or a being who dies return without being aided. Please get this as it is very important.

What is death? Death is a the cessation between the mind and the body. Another school of thought also says it is the termination of all biological functions
that sustain a living organism.

What then is "sleep" in Christianity? This is a word used in place of death. There are many reasons this word is used.

John 15:19 - "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."
These are words of Christ to His followers. What this implies is that Christians have a place that is not in the world. Though we function here, we do not belong here. While the mind and body functions here, the soul which is that of God is the ideal body for "that place".
John 14:2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

2. Christ was the first to ever use the word "SLEEP". for the dead -
John 11:11
"These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
. Funny Christ used the word "sleep" for a body that had been dead and buried for four days. We know what happened next, rather, I'll suggest you get a Bible to know this.

3. RAPTURE: But of course Muslims don't believe this, or do they? No! Since Christ promised a place the need body for that place is a faultless 'body', a body that would neither yield to the demands of the flesh nor want them. For example; Matthew 22:23-30.
23 The same day came to him the
Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection,
and asked him,
24 Saying , Master, Moses said , If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife , deceased , and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
27 And last of all the woman died also.
28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err , not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30[bold] For in the resurrection they neither marry , nor are given in marriage , but are as the angels of God in heaven.[/bold]
While these folks were concerned about who gets the wife, Christ reveals that a different body that would not give thoughts to pleasures would be traded. Then again, read this: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

51. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep,
but we will all be changed,
52. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. 55 “O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is
the law;
57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I sincerely hope you and others read this before mocking Christians

Finally, WHY DID JESUS USE "SLEEP" for DEATH AND WHY DO CHRISTIANS DO SO?
Having known that sleep and death mean the same, Christians prefer to use the word "sleep" because we understand that here is not our place. After God had formed man, he let out His breath into man and gave him a little spirit, an incorruptible body. Hence, when the flesh rots, this other body returns to God (for Christians) Eccl 12:7
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
However, many souls will not return because they have long been sold to the devil and his agents through wars, hate, greed, lust, etc.
When a soul "DIES" such is "DAMNED", condemned and irreedemable. This is why Christians say "sleep" because they shall be resurrected to God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by malvisguy212: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

So you think indoctrinated Christians lack knowlegde? Let me take some time out to explain and confirm and perhaps add to what you claim you got from Christians.

So, what is resurrection: Resurrection for Christians is the act by which one defies and challenges common knowledge, and science by which an entity or a being who dies return without being aided. Please get this as it is very important.

What is death? Death is a the cessation between the mind and the body. Another school of thought also says it is the termination of all biological functions

What then is "sleep" in Christianity? This is a word used in place of death. There are many reasons this word is used.

1. These are words of Christ to His followers. What this implies is that Christians have a place that is not in the world. Though we function here, we do not belong here. While the mind and body functions here, the soul which is that of God is the ideal body for "that place".

2. Christ was the first to ever use the word "SLEEP". for the dead -
John 11:11 . Funny Christ used the word "sleep" for a body that had been dead and buried for four days. We know what happened next, rather, I'll suggest you get a Bible to know this.

3. RAPTURE: But of course Muslims don't believe this, or do they? No! Since Christ promised a place the need body for that place is a faultless 'body', a body that would neither yield to the demands of the flesh nor want them. For example; Matthew 22:23-30.

While these folks were concerned about who gets the wife, Christ reveals that a different body that would not give thoughts to pleasures would be traded. Then again, read this: 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

I sincerely hope you and others read this before mocking Christians

Finally, WHY DID JESUS USE "SLEEP" for DEATH AND WHY DO CHRISTIANS DO SO?
Having known that sleep and death mean the same, Christians prefer to use the word "sleep" because we understand that here is not our place. After God had formed man, he let out His breath into man and gave him a little spirit, an incorruptible body. Hence, when the flesh rots, this other body returns to God (for Christians) Eccl 12:7
However, many souls will not return because they have long been sold to the devil and his agents through wars, hate, greed, lust, etc.
When a soul "DIES" such is "DAMNED", condemned and irreedemable. This is why Christians say "sleep" because they shall be resurrected to God.
Good job bro, long time.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Jozzy4: 10:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Oh, why not? Now decide which of these died and who did not:

Genesis 49:33
And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, [size=14pt]and was gathered unto his people[/size]

Matthew 27:50
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost

Acts 5:5-10
And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Based on the final authority- the Bible-all of the above died!
Brother , Those scripture said all of them died ! Jesus Died not just his flesh . That means the soul excape death theory is FALSE
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Scholar8200(m): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother , Those scripture said all of them died ! Jesus Died not just his flesh . That means the soul excape death theory is FALSE
Take a closer look at the latter part of the first reference.
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Jozzy4: 10:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

Mr sanchez01 , Jesus said " Lazarus sleep" , you said its just Lazarus " BODY that sleep" .. Who should I bliv ?
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Scholar8200(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

Take a closer look at the latter part of the first reference. Besides, God Who revealed Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, was not a God of the dead!
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Jozzy4: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Take a closer look at the latter part of the first reference.

What exactly is your point bro ? Am suspecting u aint different from the pastor mentioned by Mizjanet .

What is a soul ?

What is body ?

Lets start from there ...

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
The colonial masters that forced the relegion on us have been to the moon and back, gotten advanced in science and technology.....with all our religion, what have we been able to achieve? Nothing but hunger and poverty with disease outbreak here and there...

the colonial forced the religion on you abi, and this religion is about love, you have never loved and do not follow this religion, you are so full of darkness ....... that is why you suffer hunger & poverty. Do what Jesus said then you thank your colonial masters. Christianity is about love and others, the question is do you practice this at all?
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Sanchez01: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

Mr sanchez01 , Jesus said " Lazarus sleep" , you said its just Lazarus " BODY that sleep" .. Who should I bliv ?
Sir, I clearly stated that sleep is a mild way to saying someone died. For Christians when you "sleep", your body dies but your soul returns to God (See my previous post, Eccl 12:7). Please read Eccl 12:7 and also what Jesus called the dead Lazarus. I see you have a problem with the body and soul concept.

"Soul" or “Spirit” may refer to the “inward man” (2 Cor. 4:16) that is fashioned in God’s image (Gen. 1:26-27), and thus be a synonym of “soul.” A sacred writer (Kenneth E. Hagin) noted that the “spirit of man is the lamp of Jehovah” (Prov. 20:27); this is an allusion to that element of man that distinguishes him from the beasts of the earth.

Daniel affirmed that his “spirit” was “grieved” within
his body (Dan. 7:15), and Paul noted that it is man’s
spirit that is capable of “knowing” things (1 Cor.
2:11). Paul also affirmed that church discipline is
designed to save a man’s “spirit” in the day of the
Lord (1 Cor. 5:5; see also, 1 Cor. 16:18; 2 Cor. 7:1;
Jas. 2:26).
Please read these passages, post your comments or questions afterwards. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Sanchez01: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

What exactly is your point bro ? Am suspecting u aint different from the pastor mentioned by Mizjanet .

What is a soul ?

What is body ?

Lets start from there ...
I hope you take out something from this.

Question: "What is the difference between the soul and spirit of man?"

Answer: The soul and the spirit are the two primary immaterial aspects that Scripture ascribes to humanity. It can be confusing to attempt to discern the precise differences between the two. The word “spirit” refers only to the immaterial facet of humanity. Human beings have a spirit, but we are not spirits.

However, in the Scripture, only believers are said to be spiritually alive ( 1 Corinthians 2:11; Hebrews 4:12; James 2:26), while unbelievers are spiritually
dead ( Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13). In Paul's
writing, the spiritual was pivotal to the life of the believer ( 1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:1; Ephesians
1:3; 5:19; Colossians 1:9; 3:16).
SPIRIT
The spirit is the element in humanity which gives us the ability to have an intimate relationship with God. Whenever the word “spirit” is used, it refers to the immaterial part of humanity that “connects” with
God, who Himself is spirit ( John 4:24).
SOUL
The word “soul” can refer to both the immaterial and material aspects of humanity. Unlike human beings having a spirit, human beings are souls.
In its most basic sense, the word “soul” means “life.” However, beyond this essential meaning,
the Bible speaks of the soul in many contexts. One of these is humanity’s eagerness to sin
(Luke 12:26). Humanity is naturally evil, and our souls are tainted as a result. The life principle of the soul is removed at the time of physical death
( Genesis 35:18; Jeremiah 15:2).

The soul, as with the spirit, is the center of many spiritual and emotional experiences ( Job
30:25; Psalm 43:5; Jeremiah 13:17). Whenever the word “soul” is used, it can refer to the whole
person, whether alive or in the afterlife.
SOUL AND SPIRIT
The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable
( Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the
aspect of humanity that connects with God.

The "body" is however the material aspect of man; what we call the flesh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Sanchez01: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
Good job bro, long time.
Thanks. Long time indeedsmiley
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Jozzy4: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

Sir, I clearly stated that sleep is a mild way to saying someone died. For Christians when you "sleep", your body dies but your soul returns to God (See my previous post, Eccl 12:7). Please read Eccl 12:7 and also what Jesus called the dead Lazarus. I see you have a problem with the body and soul concept.

"Soul" or “Spirit” may refer to the “inward man” (2 Cor. 4:16) that is fashioned in God’s image (Gen. 1:26-27), and thus be a synonym of “soul.” A sacred writer (Kenneth E. Hagin) noted that the “spirit of man is the lamp of Jehovah” (Prov. 20

@bold , So for ladies that will be inward woman . #sighs#

Brother , you are those pple letting atheists like Mizjanet mock us , if spirit is the inward MAN , and this inward man cant die . The inward man called Jesus did not die , abi ? Only his borrowed/material body die ? Explain pls . Coz uv just prove the man christ didnt die .
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by Jozzy4: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2015
Scholar8200:
Take a closer look at the latter part of the first reference. Besides, God Who revealed Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, was not a God of the dead!

Am dissapointed with this jumbo jumbo explanations , Jesus is answering a question on resurection and he said they are all alive to God , Why ? Verse 36 said " they are children of Ressurection" , brother my question is : has the resurection occur ?
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2015
Only the body dies, when someone dies only the body is been referred to. The spirit or soul will not. Only God will destroy the unsaved souls in the last day. Jesus resurrected i.e his body came back alive that is why if you see Jesus, you will see the nail pierced hands.
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by podosci(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2015
So jezuz told the colonial masters to come force is religion on us and enslave us?, Do you know how many thousands of people died as a result of this wickedness...They even used the bible " slaces shall obey their masters" as a guide to enslave your forefathers and force them into subhuman slavery conditions. Yet the same colonial masters have dropped the shackles of religion and move on onto more prosperous things, but Africans who suffered from the evils of religion by their colonial masters still allow themselves to be enslaved by the same religious nonsense. Rip to Africa

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 11:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Jozzy4:

Am dissapointed with this jumbo jumbo explanations , Jesus is answering a question on resurection and he said they are all alive to God , Why ? Verse 36 said " they are children of Ressurection" , brother my question is : has the resurection occur ?

Jesus is God, Jesus and The Father , they are ONE , Jesus is the Resurrection and Life . JESUS IS THE RESURRECTION, We are the Children of God, same as we are the children of Jesus. if you are resurrected means you are alive unto God. As a child of God you are resurrected because you can not dead or condemned again, you are now resurrected meaning you are alive unto God
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by MizJanet(f): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2015
WhoIBe:
Only the body dies, when someone dies only the body is been referred to. The spirit or soul will not. Only God will destroy the unsaved souls in the last day. Jesus resurrected i.e his body came back alive that is why if you see Jesus, you will see the nail pierced hands.

Ya , nice one , only the body dies , and the soul (the real you) cant die ; so only the flesh of jesus die while his soul (the real person called Jesus ) cant die ? . grin , congrat u just prove Jesus did not die for sins .
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
So jezuz told the colonial masters to come force is religion on us and enslave us?, Do you know how many thousands of people died as a result of this wickedness...They even used the bible " slaces shall obey their masters" as a guide to enslave your forefathers and force them into subhuman slavery conditions. Yet the same colonial masters have dropped the shackles of religion and move on onto more prosperous things, but Africans who suffered from the evils of religion by their colonial masters still allow themselves to be enslaved by the same religious nonsense. Rip to Africa

Jesus did not force anyone.... never, Jesus did not send us to force anyone... True Christianity is about peace love, joy in the Holy Spirit. If you function in the true Christianity you are an overcomer. Note: we Christians are not suppose to be casual Christians, casual Christians turn to casualties so be filled with the Holy Spirit always. God can never lie, His Word is true.
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2015
MizJanet:

Ya , nice one , only the body dies , and the soul (the real you) cant die ; so only the flesh of jesus die while his soul (the real person called Jesus ) cant die ? . grin , congrat u just prove Jesus did not die for sins .

if I may ask you, how does someone die for sin, what is sin, how did sin come about ? since you say Jesus did not die for sin then tell me about sin, how did you recognize sin
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by podosci(m): 11:30am On Aug 05, 2015
Christianity is what it is Today because of violence and death....Read about the history before you comment on peace. There won't be a billion Christians if the crusaders didn't go about killing and forcing people to accept Christianity, Non believers we're butchered in their millions. No religion is peacfull, without violence non of the religions would be where it is today
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by MizJanet(f): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2015
CHRISTIANS : " only the body , which is just your cloth dies but the real you is ur soul , which is the man inside the cloth"

QUESTION : " who should die for sin , the real man called Jesus OR His cloth?"

CHRISTIANS: " the man inside the cloth, Jesus"

QUESTION: " do u remember u said the man inside the cloth (soul) cant die ?"

CHRISTIANS : " yes , but what i know jesus died , see i dont understand all this questions"

QUESTION: "if Jesus die , then the man in the cloth died with the cloth ? "

CHRISTIANS : leave me alone ( thinks: how can i excape this questions oooo, okay i no what to say) " the message of the cross is foolishness unto them that perish"

QUESTION: " lol , i never mentioned cross in my statements nah"

CHRISTIANS : i wont answer you anymore

*this pple are confuuuuuuuused beings*

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
Christianity is what it is Today because of violence and death....Read about the history before you comment on peace. There won't be a billion Christians if the crusaders didn't go about killing and forcing people to accept Christianity, Non believers we're butchered in their millions. No religion is peacfull, without violence non of the religions would be where it is today

Nooooooooo Christianity is not what it is today because of violence, the apostles did not force anyone, they talked about it to people and because of the power that is able to break any thoughts, strong holds of the mind that is why people believed and Christianity is growing.
About those killings I do not know about it but according to the bible preach the good news with love. I know that people do get killed because of preaching the gospel but their is a much greater reward from God

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by podosci(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Read about the crusaders holy wars......then come back and talk about peace
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
Read about the crusaders holy wars......then come back and talk about peace

I have to finish reading my precious HOLY BIBLE first , then digest and redigest it before thinking about holy wars, will the holy war make me wise

2 Likes

Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by malvisguy212: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sanchez01:
Thanks. Long time indeedsmiley
welcome back, Good to see you around.
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by podosci(m): 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
The holy wars would open your mind to the evils of religion, People we're killed in their million just because they didn't believe in Jesus Christ, people we're burnt alive for blasphemy....millions of Africans we're enslaved
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
The holy wars would open your mind to the evils of religion, People we're killed in their million just because they didn't believe in Jesus Christ, people we're burnt alive for blasphemy....millions of Africans we're enslaved

so ur advice is for me to keep the bible and study the holy war or keep the holy way and study the bible? I like u to choose 1
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by podosci(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
More devoted Christians studied the Bible a d concluded the way forward to start holy wars and enslave Africans.....so you pick one
Re: Christians: The Most Confuse by WhoIBe: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
More devoted Christians studied the Bible a d concluded the way forward to start holy wars and enslave Africans.....so you pick one

But their is no holy war in the bible, I advice you to do the needful and benefit ur self by studying the bible and worship God in spirit n in truth.... Do not be deceived go and study the bible for ur self

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Covenant Day Of All-round Rest - Come Worship With Us -it Is Definitely Your Day / The Fuel For Right Living - Joseph Prince / Jehovah Witness Cannot Interpret This Passage Of Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.