Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,865 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London (10293 Views)

Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign / ACN Leader Pelted With Pure-Water Sachets In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Viable(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2009
una dey yab baba becos him be chop alone. if say share him loot, una for go naked to defendam.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2009
Kaydamus:

Obasanjo's major crime for this type of people was the use of EFCC to purse the THIEVES categorised as Corrupt Nigerians. He was accused of being SELECTIVE in Catching the THEIVES. The questions are
1. Did the perceved enemies of Obasanjo not realy STEAL our money?
2. Did some of them not refund part of the money to confirm that they actually STOLE our money?
3. What is happening to the THIEVES now? Are they not moving freely and even sponsoring some of these protest?
Let us call a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement. A THIEF is a THIEF and not a CORRUPT officer
Let's not narrow down this issue to just his being selective.
He too is corrupt.For him to selectively use EFCC means he tolerated corruption.
we know where all the money from the second oil windfall (the first being the Gulf War windfall) went to:private coffers.
Eight years,no significant change in the lives of Nigerians,despite the money we were supposed to gain.

one buffoon claimed he wiped out our debt.At what cost to the ordinary Nigerian?And are we seeing the benefits of the debt relief?
Are investors storming Nigeria from far and wide?
What about the Power probe that has been swept under the carpet at the House of Reps by his boys?Wasn't he directly implicated?
He hurriedly commisioned 3 power plants before he left in May 2007.Where are they and how much are they putting into the National grid?
The sexual deviant promised to generate 4000MW when he took over in 1999.That promise has remained a mirage.Installed capacity at our power stations isn't even up to half of that.I know,because I served in Kainji.
And some people have the gall,the effrontery to even try to defend him.All because of some benefit they have recieved from him.Greedy idiots.
We always make excuses for failure,that's why we NEVER progress.
OBJ's 8 years were a sorry waste which I fear we may nevr have the chance to redeem.It's that simple.
All apologists/sycophants/ball-lickers/bootlickers can go to hell with what they think
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by chidichris(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2009
Obasanjo is so popular, that two years after he left power we are still discussing him with so much excitement!
Anytime there is an OBJ posting here on Nairaland, it attracts so much attention!
Its a Love-Hate relationship!It is a we love him but hate him relationship!
The guy is popular.

PapaBrowne,
pls be informed that obj is still in power bcs he is currently the chairman, pdp board of trustees.
again, whenever you have chance, consult ur dictionary to differentiate popular from notorious.
in the 80s, there was a big time high way robber called annenih and in the 90s there was another international robber called shina rambo and both men fall in the same category with our own obj and they are all notorious.
when a man in mainly known with bad things or his life is full of criminalities, you say he is notorious.
if obj could waste two communities, waste funsho williams, waste bola ige, course problems in anambra state, give illegal contracts, select rulers, skillfully pushed okonjo iweala away, retain mediocres like borrishade, work withother robbers like the late adedibu, tonny annenih, sleep with his son's wife, tried third term, impose yar adua on us, hmmmmmmmm, he is notorious.

Obasanjo's major crime for this type of people was the use of EFCC to purse the THIEVES categorised as Corrupt Nigerians. He was accused of being SELECTIVE in Catching the THEIVES. The questions are
1. Did the perceved enemies of Obasanjo not realy STEAL our money?
2. Did some of them not refund part of the money to confirm that they actually STOLE our money?
3. What is happening to the THIEVES now? Are they not moving freely and even sponsoring some of these protest?
Let us call a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement. A THIEF is a THIEF and not a CORRUPT officer

Kaydamus,
are u saying three or six months is enough punishment for criminals like tafa balogun who decieved and betrayed a country that believed in him to be the chief security officer? if we go by that, how many years imprisonment will common criminals who steal ordinary maggi cube?
pls mention who among all the friends of the past administration that is not a criminal or that does not have a criminal record. just mention one person. are you saying that it is right for a gang of five armed robbers to produce a judge to handle the case of other four?
ribadu and el rufai are among the gang and they have turned out to be the judge so what do u expect?
in which country of this planet will a president tell his country that an election is going to be a do or die affairs?
charity begins at home, is obj respected even in his sitting room? if his son will accuse him of using federal contracts to lure his wife, what do u expect from others?
orji uzor kalu once said that old age is the major problem of obj and be informed that old soldiers can behave like mad men some times so am afraid,
what has he not achieved in his life and what is he still doing in politics? can he go back and enjoy his loots instead of fooling himself up and down? do u know that if the interview with bbc steve was done by ait, by now the reporter wld have been telling his stories in the hands of the chimpamzee?
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by SegzyJoe(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
@PASTOR AIO & other Obj critics
Introduction
Nigeria is 49yrs old, military ruled Nigeria for over 30yrs, with the resultant endemic corruption, moral collapse, systemic and institutional failure, emergence of thiefing elites, apathy and resignation to fate from the masses, centralized command struture to conform to military tradition, religions crisis, ethnic rivalry, confoluting federation, status of a pariah state in the committee of nations, heavily indebted, wastages thru inefficient resource allocation,epileptic power, SAP condemned the masses to a life of misery and poverty, emergence of 419 stars, etc

Now, OBJ inherit all these, PASTOR, in your honest opinion do you think all these can be turn around in 8yrs?
Was Nigeria's situation as bad as this in 1979 when OBJ handed over power?

OBJ: Achievements

1. Debt cancellation (from$34b to $1.7b, after over 20yrs)

2. GSM (from 400 hundred thousand to close to 4omillion lines today)

3. Banking consolidation

4. Nigeria Stock Exchange was adjudged the Best performer in the world

5. Foreign Reserve to the tune of $64billion

6. The economic growth during obj oscilliated btw 6% to 7% growth based on NEEDS strategy

7. Leadership at ECOWAS and AU levels and the world at large

8. Establishment of EFCC and ICPC (for the first time public official convicted, boosted Nigeria's image)

9. Monitization policy (though opposed by some reduced wastages)

10. Efficient use of human resources (no regime in recent time have assembled Obj's kind of Economic team)

11. Was able ti quench the fire of Sharia that would have consume Nigeria

12. Was able to tame the military (re-professionalism of the Armed Forces is ongoing)

And many more can easily recollects here right now, above all OBJ is a de trabilized leader, the composition of his administration can attest to that.

Now: Obj attempted the followings

1. NIPP (It instructive that hardly has any regime try to do anything to the power situation since 1980, though the project is ongoing but even the present govt did not have a better alternative, admittedly the NIPP was sabotage by the vested interests)

2. Monitization (was designed to stop wastages but was faced with strong opposition)

OBJ : Failures

1. Rule of Law (perform abismally, military mentality)

2. Infrstructural decay (the states did not compliments his effort)

3. Self Importanceand arrogance (Ego problem is a minus in leadership, though may be vital to achieve in Niger

4. Leadership with credible successor (Failed woefully)

5. Widespread poverty (though care about efficient & prudent mgt, but not care how it affect the people)

Comments:
Nigeria is not easy to rule for many reasons, the complexities of etnic groups and religion sentiment makes it almost impossible for a Nigeria president to be acceptable by all groups no matter what he does. The truth is some section of the elites or the country we want him to fail since he's not from their area.

Secondly, his/her religion matter to some people, however ridiculous this might be,that is the reality of Nigeria

Thirdly, there is emergence of formidable theiving elites that can play on any of the two above to derail your government, hence they can force you to compromise which may pitch you against the people you swore to serve.

Again, geopolitical balances can also imposes compromise on the part of the leadership
What of us the people, are we faithful to ourselves? didn't some people justified Alams should not be jailed?
Where is our own will, why do we prefer a thieve to the saint, was Pat Utomi not among the presidential candidates, we will rather vote for Anini than Gani Fawehinmi. The quality of the followship has to do with the quality of the leadership.

Conclusion:
Nigeria needs a benevolent dictator to come out of the wood. It may look absurd, some European states were in a bigger mess than Nigeria, but Germany had Hitler, Russia had Lenin, Italy had Musoluni, England had Cronwall, France had Gaule, even CHina had mao just to mention a few. Today these society have stabilized, yet we want a better country based on some fanciful idea of democracy, was Hitler not a dictator, yet transformed Germany though ruined everything by the war. China was critized by the world for not democratize and human right records yet china is now threatening the West as economic power house. No time ,, I would have go on and on.

In development economics, the development and rule of law graphs are antithetical to each other, a complete departure from each other. For Nigeria to move forward, peoples rights, especially the privildge few would be intruded upon, unfortunately, they know in the rule of law lies their salvation, little wonder they convinced Yar Adua, and today they re walking free, because only the rich can afford the cost of justice.

Democracy is good but not until there is a corresponding institutional, attitudinal and cultural norms that serve as a superstructure upon which the foundation of demcracy can be built, however putting the superstructure in place is a great challenge, because of the forces that will leave no stone unturn to preserve the status-quo. A case in time is the Electoral Reform White paper, it is a conspiracy of the Elites, an incremental model of decision making, no radical deparrture from the status quo, that see president and state govs preserving their privilege positions, no change, after wasting money, we are back to status quo.

Than is why, in my opinion a political scientist, I think Obj tried giving the prevailing circumstances of Nigeria, if you re still doubting it wait till Yar Adua is through with Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by comfort3: 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
wink
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Shinaaolami: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2009
I love everybody that did that to him.I hope that will pass a message to him that is a failur. grin
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Shinaaolami: 6:43am On Mar 28, 2009
I love everybody that did that to him.I hope that will pass a message to him and his family that he is a failure.Segun
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by kelvd4real(m): 8:27am On Mar 28, 2009
Shinaaolami:

I love everybody that did that to him.I hope that will pass a message to him and his family that he is a failure.Segun

Only if he still got some conscience left in him!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by lexdino: 10:32am On Mar 29, 2009
what's the big deal angry the man is already used to it.angry
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by ibrahiem(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
U guys really spared da guy bt it's good 2 be given his own taste of da medicine in da face of da world.Atleast others wil take note
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by tammyB1: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2009
Democracy is good but not until there is a corresponding institutional, attitudinal and cultural norms that serve as a superstructure upon which the foundation of demcracy can be built, however putting the superstructure in place is a great challenge, because of the forces that will leave no stone unturn to preserve the status-quo. A case in time is the Electoral Reform White paper, it is a conspiracy of the Elites, an incremental model of decision making, no radical deparrture from the status quo, that see president and state govs preserving their privilege positions, no change, after wasting money, we are back to status quo.

Than is why, in my opinion a political scientist, I think Obj tried giving the prevailing circumstances of Nigeria, if you re still doubting it wait till Yar Adua is through with Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by sosodat: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2009
I only have issues with Obj advertising himself and trying to lecture others on what he didnt and wouldnt do.
Hence I think the demonstration was right but am undecided about the pelting with tomatoes etc.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by mccloud224(m): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2009
Wow, that's a lot of pages but i have one question for my fellow Nairalanders.How many of you here would turn down an invitation to share the $16 billion USD loot?.Ehh?, 50-50, Please tell me, just one post will be enough to silence me.I beg you all, make one person raise im hand talk say, I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE SHARE STOLEN WEALTH.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by jimuchy: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2009
This Obasanjo na very stupid old man says nobody can embarass him in the papers e pele o baba no regret saw him on Galaxy TV dancing and singing with Adedibu the late Alaafin of Molete na wah when our leaders can wine and dine with corrupt men and women what else do you expect

Baba ole God will fire him and the rest of his cronies when the time comes including IBB and the gang, even Yar'adua sef person no understand how can he claim to be in a party where Fayose a thief is nominated to be part of re-election campaign for Segun Oni can you just imagine
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by jimuchy: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2009
SegzyJoe abi na wetin no annoy me all those achievements wey u list na how the thing take improve common man life abeg tell me something else I will also appreciate if you can also list out the monumental fraud perpetrated by your Obasanjo if you dare
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Jakumo(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2009
Ex-president Obasanjo and his inner circle of genocidal white-collar treasury plunderers STOLE the entire 16 billion US dollar fund allocated for the restoration of electrical power to Nigeria, and for that crime this vagabond must never be forgiven.  The recovery of that stolen wealth must be made a top priority for any subsequent Nigerian administration that sincerely does not wish to be stalked and then consumed by the Specters of Injustice Past.

The actual percentage of that total 16 billion dollar haul that went to Obasanjo's personal bank accounts can be no more than a purely academic consideration, when viewed in the context of the utter devastation of Nigeria's economy that occurred under the Obasanjo dictatorship, along with the attendant loss of innocent lives, inevitable whenever industry is murdered, the employment market dries up and crime rates proportionately soar. 

Let it not be forgotten that late military despot Sanni Abacha, hitherto regarded as Nigeria's most prolific embezzler of state funds, only stole $4 billion dollars, or a piddling ONE QUARTER of the amount looted by Obasanjo from the electrical power budget ALONE, one of numerous funds so ravaged during the Obasanjo feeding frenzy.

This, and NO MORE, is the the real Obasanjo legacy, regardless of what predictable balderdash his paid lackeys recite.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by iwefactria: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2009
In the first instance,people like Baba dogidogi shouldn't be allowed to talk in such an occassion but to show you why the corruption in allover African countries is a plus to the economy of the westerners.It is high time we find solution to our problem.
Also,taken ur mind back through all the election held in Nigeria in the few years past.Are there no international observers?still this people still openly said we had a free and fair election.So,why wouldn't they allow the monster to deliver a speech?God punish all of them
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by qkman: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
I know if 9jas could behave like Arabs they would have shattered the gutts of that Ape replica,why eggs and tomatoes,dem no get ako okuta 4there,catapult,make 'em bring am down like golliath.
The guy no sabi wey tin hin suppose dey do as hin don fall 9jas hand.
Man like am weytin we expect say hin daugther wey dem resemble (iyabo) go do,una know say she wan fine at all cost so she dey steal.why dem no dey put dis senetors for prisons where odarans dem dey sef,make dem beat dem small?

My advise to 9jas for yonder,anytime wey una c am anywhere near una make una wele am.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by JustGood(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2009
why dem never do so to Badamosi Babangida?
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by SegzyJoe(m): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2009
@Jakumo
It amazed me you keep referring us to the $16b figure as if you have evidence to support your claim. Even if your only means of getting fact is on the pages of newspapers, at least news papers sources gave us several conflicting figures like your own very $16b, $13B, $10b, $5.6b and finally official report put it at $3.01b
So why don't you use the other figures? or you just use the one that suit your purpose at every point in time?
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Jakumo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2009
The Nigerian media coverage of this sordid affair has widely quoted GOVERNMENT figures ranging from 13 to 16 billion US dollars as being "spent"  to provide Nigeria with electricity by the Obasanjo regime, in the closing months of its tenure.   During and subsequent to the purported expenditure of that federal budgetary allocation on the generation of electrical power by Mr. Obasanjo, 99% of Nigeria continues to decay in a total and unbroken electrical blackout.

A logical and safe assumption can therefore be drawn, Joe, that 99% of the entire 13 to 16 billion dollars CLAIMED to have been spent on the provision of electricity to Nigeria by Obasanjo was in fact STOLEN and SHARED by the former president, in collaboration with his trusted inner circle of cronies, in accordance with a "revenue disbursal" agreement known only to the perpetrators, that shadowy network of goblins who consigned 200 million Nigerians and their life-sustaining hospitals and industry to more suffocating darkness and death by a thousand empty promises.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by babalobi(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
How the mighty have fallen!

Nigeria News

http://assemblyonline.info
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by mccloud224(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2009
@SegzyJoe

Please tell us where we can get better facts other than the media.Una go just dey talk talk coz una sabi talk.How do you know Yar Adua is truly your president?Do you live with him?Have you met him before?Is it not from the media you get your info?Yeye.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by akinnaija(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
This is to all u ignorant jand rats, I think it is high time you come to naija and check things yourself and stop allowing media to fool you. Sometimes it hurts to feel that am from the southern part of naija.
My response is to NLF Co-ordinator, Kayode Ogundamisi, he needs to travel the vast part of Nigeria and he will know that no other president in recent time has tried to change things in Nigeria like OBJ.
What do they have to say about the incumbent , when Obj left power generation was over 4000mwt, what do we have now?
at least for about 8yrs dollars was stable, do you know how much it changes for now?
See the guys from up north will hardly criticize their own but you know too much education without enlightenment don kill us for south, sometimes I fee most of us from the south should have been almajiri , mayb we would have been more sensible.

What have you got to say of a leadership that have returned all the governors that failed under obj back to serve under him as ministers?

see you guys better keep quite and stop bringing more curse upon this land, the great book say pray for your leaders and not throw stuff at them, I can guarantee you that , let us watch in 20yrs where Mr Kayode Ogundamisi will be.

Obj tried to help this country but the ppl are not ready , until individually we shun corruption , nothing that a leader can do, by the way how did u get to the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Advantages Of Being A Nigerian / Imo Assembly To Honour Young Rocket Launchers / Niger Delta Youths Task Buhari On Infrastructure, Sustaining Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.