Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,917 members, 7,838,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London (10284 Views)

Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / Obi, Obiano Pelted With Sachet-Water By Onitsha Traders During Market Campaign / ACN Leader Pelted With Pure-Water Sachets In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by KazuyaM(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2009
Obasanjo is powerless outside Nigeria! grin
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Badriyyah(f): 8:49am On Mar 21, 2009
I see people praising Obasanjo because he did a "little" work while he was in office. But be honest, what good did Obasanjo really bring to Nigeria? How different is the country? Even if he contributed 2% to the society, what happened to the remaining 98%. He doesn't deserve respect, because respect is something one has to work hard for.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by obstead200(m): 9:22am On Mar 21, 2009
Posted by: blackweaver
Insert Quote
i'm tired of people saying that nigerians living abroad should come back and fix this country; let us face facts, there are
elements in this country who will frustrate (or at least try their best to do so) anyone who tries to move this country forward
i've heard stories of people who wanted to repair a road and were contacted by the youths/LG/area boys ( i don't know which exactly)
that they had to settle them first (as if these people won't benefit from the roads being fixed). Truth is there are people in high places benefiting
from the fact that things are not working in this country

you have just said my mind. but as far as am concerned, those people remain and are perpetuated because of two reasons.
1. obasanjo ( or any other person in power) is fully one of them. if not the major person.
2. obasanjo (or any other person in power) receives a major cut from their proceeds.

I refuse to believe that the executive council, if they are all truly men of pure and unquestioned integrity, could not independently and single handedly exile and bannish those saboteurs that thrive in nigerias misfortunes and benefits from Nigeria woes, no matter who they are or how powerful they might be.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by ohaechesi(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2009
na waoooo. this is quite interesting! LOL
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by UNLEASHED(m): 9:58am On Mar 21, 2009
Interesting indeed! smiley
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by cvibe: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2009
Tomatoes and eggs?

Banana don finish?
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by D1KeleVra(m): 10:32am On Mar 21, 2009
I tire o!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by dickele(f): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2009
Story!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Pepeye(f): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2009
Badriyyah:

I see people praising Obasanjo because he did a "little" work while he was in office. But be honest, what good did Obasanjo really bring to Nigeria? How different is the country? Even if he contributed 2% to the society, what happened to the remaining 98%. He doesn't deserve respect, because respect is something one has to work hard for.

and earned. . The question is if he earned any while he was in office
NO
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Jakumo(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2009
If statistics were kept in Nigeria to track the number of entire families that quietly died in their sleep as a result of inhaling deadly exhaust fumes from portable gasoline generators that were kept running to power domestic homes in a land forgotten by the technology of grid electricity, the body count would be up in the tens of thousands.  Similar numbers of patients in Nigerian hospitals must be added to that grim toll, since they routinely succumb in droves, as a DIRECT result of sudden power outages that disable life-sustaining equipment.  Perhaps the largest claimant of human lives in Nigeria would be those water-borne curses of typhoid and cholera, that thrive and bloom when power outages disable bore-hole pumps and create instant water emergencies, greatly exacerbated by the total absence of centralized municipal water distribution networks ANYWHERE in Nigeria outside of Abuja, the capital.

Sixteen Billion US greenback dollars is one HELL of a big stack of cash by any standards, and if that amount of funding had been utilized towards its officially declared purpose of restoring electrical power to Nigeria, all of outgoing Nigerian president Obasanjo's  previous misdeeds would have been quickly forgotten, and he would have gone down as one of the greatest mortals ever to occupy the seat of power in Nigeria, for he would have restored the nation's capacity to compete in the industrialized world, and triumphantly handed over the baton of power as a timeless national hero, having left his 200 million compatriots infinitely better off than they were when he was sworn into office eight years earlier.

Sadly, ex-President Obasanjo took one look at that 16 BILLION dollars, and decided right away to personally and single-handedly EMBEZZLE every last phucking dime of that money, in what can best be described as Nigeria's Crime of the Century.  The blood of all those innocent Nigerians who lost their livelihoods, homes, hope and lives, as a direct consequence of the Obasanjo-led federal government's unmitigated FAILURE to provide stable and continuous electricity to the ENTIRE country, stains the hands of Obasanjo and his thieving daughter, Iyabo, who similarly looted an entire state budgetary allocation intended for the refurbishment of numerous hospitals.  The blood of the innocent also reeks on the hands of all the cronies from that government of felons who today hide in plain sight, behind arrays of pompous titles and bogus degrees.

The international community should take a very close look at the tangle of money trails that lie in the wake of Obasanjo and his band of Merry Men, with a view to impounding stolen assets worldwide, in the same manner as has been adopted to address the brigandage of former Nigerian military dictator, Sanni Abacha.  If Obasanjo ultimately does get away with emptying the federal government treasury into his private accounts, as he has so brazenly done, Nigeia's destiny as a Somalia-style failed state will be sealed for good.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by samparian(m): 11:20am On Mar 21, 2009
Well said.
they should have thrown shoes at the ugly man
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by kaboninc(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2009
I do not knw why ppl are waisting their time on OBJ who of course is my man. Every body is accusing him of all sort of odd crime yet no body has taken it upon him self to battle it with him now his out of office. Pls no amount of eggs and tomatoes stoning can change who this man is. Any till tomorow he would be o of the eminnt personality i the world
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by asha80(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2009
Obasanjo has already admitted that nigeria is a failed state so i do not think criticizing him is going to solve nigeria's problems.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by VIPICO(m): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2009
Serves the ugly baboon right. I hope those in office now are watching. What goes around comes around. The one in Asshole rock right now can go ahead and play politics with Nigerians even with the obviously crooked electoral system that he promised to fix right from the day he was being sworn in. He can go ahead and play the absentee and ailing president for as long as he decides to govern, but one day he will leave that seat,
The world is watching
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by ScanLess: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2009
I guess OBJ will have to rebrand his face after the shower of eggs and tomatoes. grin
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by otokx(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2009
why do some people like spreading lies? where is the evidence of eggs and tomatoes being thrown at let alone reaching the face of OBJ? we should be wiser than this.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by GettysBurg: 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2009
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by JJYOU: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2009
GettysBurg:

The average Nigerian is a blank slate. . . . . .little brains, follow-the-crowd, pull-down mentality!!

Obasanjo is in London giving a speech that has nothing 2 do with Nigeria, and jobless,out-of-place, toilet cleaning Nigerians, rush out with tomato and eggs. . . and Nairalanders are excited. . . . as if their act would help improve their fortunes in the future!

Amazing mentalities we have!!

How come we are not protesting nothing about the present Yar'Adua government that offers no hope for the future? This government that cannot pin point a single achievement in its two years of existence.Remember, in less than 2 years of 0BJ, GSM had started rolling out across Nigeria.

It is when they've (Government officials) left, we would now have the guts to pelt eggs and tomatoes!

Obasanjo, whether we like it or not is an international star and has been the best performing president Nigeria ever produced! He might have a nasty character, but he still remains the best performing and most recognised Leader Nigeria had!
can u explain how you tot your lovely obj could have stopped gsm from coming into nigeria. why dont you guys reason very well before you call others
The average Nigerian is a blank slate. . . . . .little brains, follow-the-crowd, pull-down mentality!!

do you know any village in this world that dont have gsm today? did obasanjo take it there too?

pls come up with better reasons
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by saxbe(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2009
obj, here is a man who did good and who did evil, on the good side you have the new pension act,you have the gsm,you have efcc, then you have the udi massacre,you have the obasanjo trust scandal,then you have the failed third term agenda,then you have the arbitrary hike in pump prices of petroleum products,then you have the scandalous library project,then you have the removal of senate presidents of which he master minded,then you have election mal practices of which he was a beneficiary and then a benefactor,then you have the removal of governors at the president's wish,then you have the unresolved high class murders,then you have corruption at the executive level at an un imaginable scale,then you have various strikes by all kind of unions,then you have the selective victimization,

Obasanjo's regime was a cynical sarcasm
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by samstels: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2009
Those youths no get work.make them come back home and get a life ,we are reaping the fruits of babas policies.

Na me sden una go london?

Yeye pple.E never start!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by iReport: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2009
Those youths no get work.make them come back home and get a life ,we are reaping the fruits of babas policies.

Na me sden una go london?

Yeye pple.E never start!
Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2009
All i know is that OBJ is a shameless old ass vagabond!

He deserves the scum of the earth heaped on his big fat head!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by spikedcylinder: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2009
Eeya, I feel sorry for him. embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by cliveland: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2009
i cant believe naijas living in naija or abroad shd have a voice of support in favour of obj, na wah even if ur papa follow chop keep quiet, if u dont have a word to say keep quiet, atleast those abroad can protest and not be shot at sight like would have happen that been naija, if naija was so better those our bros n sis outside wld be here either schooling or working, na condition make them go outside.

abeg next time some1 shld plant a time bomb on him during the chaos n blast the bastard when calm resumes.

GOD BLESS THE PROTESTERS, STONERS, PPLE here voicing the truth, the rest of u useless idiot that cannot see the rot pple obi has caused us shit rub una face,
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by cliveland: 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2009
due 2 obj marvelous job while ["as if he has left"] in power we lost the industrial sector due 2 eratic power supply, info reaching the streets is dat uniliver wld soon leave naija 4 ghana, how of them are left to offer emplyment to ppls, guinness last month advertised d sale of some of their particularly d lagos production plant, naija is unofficially a clear cut importer of anything from water to sand, n pple supposedly literate say obj did well, make una let me say GOD PUNISH ALL UNA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

pls next time dear protesters make una employ one iraqi/pakistani suicide bomber to help us finish d job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by PapaBrowne(m): 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2009
cliveland:

due 2 obj marvelous job while ["as if he has left"] in power we lost the industrial sector due 2 eratic power supply, information reaching the streets is dat uniliver wld soon leave naija 4 ghana, how of them are left to offer emplyment to ppls, guinness last month advertised d sale of some of their particularly d lagos production plant, naija is unofficially a clear cut importer of anything from water to sand, n pple supposedly literate say obj did well, make una let me say GOD PUNISH ALL UNA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

pls next time dear protesters make una employ one iraqi/pakistani suicide bomber to help us finish d job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like u were born recently. . . probably in the late 90's! We lost the industrial sector during OBJ'S time? Are u kidding me?
We lost the industrial sector long ago in the 80's and 90's during Babangida's SAP program!

It started picking up in trickles during OBJ's tenure!
Unilever, if at all, is leaving under Yar'Adua's tenure , so leave OBJ out of that.

One thing I realised is that hard working people benefited under OBJ while lazy ass Nigerians sat complaining!
I know way too many people that prospered during OBJ'S tenure!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2009
I took my time to read all post about OBJ. My submission is this: His evil were greater than his good works. We still trail after all he did wrong, hoping to live ahead of them. Let's look at a few, Crisis of Ekiti (Fayose and co); Oyo (Akala and Ladoja), some state of the East including Rivers, Mimiko and Agagu in Ondo and the current problem rocking Ogun state. The man is expired and what do u expect from him?
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by presido1: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
PapaBrowne:

!It started picking up in trickles during OBJ's tenure!
Unilever, if at all, is leaving under Yar'Adua's tenure , so leave OBJ out of that.
If we won't blame OBJ who are we to blame? Did u vote for yaradua? Infact anything bad Yaradua did today OBJ should take the blame cuz he imposed him on us. Hope u get the drift.

PapaBrowne:

One thing I realised is that hard working people benefited under OBJ while lazy ass Nigerians sat complaining!
I know way too many people that prospered during OBJ'S tenure
Thieves like him prospered no doubt.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by nguage(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2009
This thread is such a waste, 5 pages and no pictures. undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by strangleyo: 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2009
They could throw hard rock kasava at his face, but it's all good.

He did what he did as president, and as sad as I am to say it, he was our best president.

That speaks volumes of Nigerian leadership standards.
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by PapaBrowne(m): 12:09am On Mar 22, 2009
Olayinkaoj:

I took my time to read all post about OBJ. My submission is this: His evil were greater than his good works. We still trail after all he did wrong, hoping to live ahead of them. Let's look at a few, Crisis of Ekiti (Fayose and co); Oyo (Akala and Ladoja), some state of the East including Rivers, Mimiko and Agagu in Ondo and the current problem rocking Ogun state. The man is expired and what do u expect from him?

Did u notice how all the points you mentioned as OBJ's negatives are all political issues?? Crisis in Ekiti, Oyo and states in the east? That's political!!
Political issues as the ones you've mentioned have little or no bearing on the common man's pocket!Lets talk economics!

You wouldn't care for politics if we had all our economics right!

On economics, OBJ did an outstanding job!
I don't want to start mentioning the good economic points he scored!

The tremendous growth in the stock market
(Since OBJ left, the Nigerian stock market has crashed from been the best performing WORLDWIDE in 2007, to becoming the worst performing worldwide  as of January 2009)
Read these  2007 best: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Markets/articleshow/2702651.cms
                    2009 worst: http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/27618/41/
Exchange rate stabilization
The exchange rates remained relatively stable throughout the tenure of OBJ hovering around 120-130 naira to the dollar. Compare that to the errant stumbling the Naira has suffered of recent. The USD is now changing for 200 naira!
Cancellation of our entire foreign debts-
Thirty years of debt slavery wiped out by OBJ! This to me is one of the best things that happened to Nigeria in recent times!
I remeber when we used to count Nigeria's huge foreign debt! We now can't our huge foreign reserves!
The debt is now on the comeback with this YarAdua's government!
Tremendous growth in Telecommunication sector.
From 400,000 connected lines in 1999 to over 40 million in 2007! Now thats's tremendous.
Banking ConSOLUDOtion!
This is one outstanding feat that top class  business schools worldwide are going to put in their text books/curricula
We now have 5 banks amongst the top 500 largest worldwide. Now large enough to fund mega sized infrastructural projects!

Pension Funds, EFCC, Port Reforms, upgrading of the teaching hospitals, gentrification of Abuja, massive investments in the Oil and Gas sector, resuscitation of our steel plants and a whole lot other extraordinarily marvelous economic stunts OBJ pulled.

Please people, if u know any other Nigerian president who has performed anything close, please mention his name so we can pelt him our own eggs and tomatoes!

Does this mean that OBJ was excellent? No, I don't think so! There's a lot other areas he could have worked on like Security, Roads, Refineries, etc.
That notwithstanding, OBJ is the greatest Nigerian leader and those in the know -{ intelligent folks that understand the theory of development} - surely do appreciate his tenure!
Re: Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London by Redman44(m): 5:19am On Mar 22, 2009
This is a very interesting thread. Obasanjo was not a good president. Though he did some good things while in power, he was an absolute dictator just like the late Gen Sani Abacha. Nigeria did not change much under Olusegun Obasanjo. While Uncle Sege was in Power, a lot of corruption was going on in the country's various states. Electricity was epileptic and the Universities were in a poor shape. I don't want to bore you with the pisitives and negatives of his tenure as Nigeria's president. To me, OBJ did not do well.

However, I believe OBJ is a product of the Nigerian way of doing things. He is a product of our environment where hardwork and excellence are not appreciated. If we want Nigeria to change, then we need to start celebrating hardworking people openly. We need to do away with our cuture of envy and jealousy directed at those who are better than us. I am still surprised that one of our young girls who made it to NASA in the USA for a SPACE simulation program was not celebrated in the country's Media. This girl who schooled in a local secondary school in Benue State represented Africa at the event, and was not on the cover page of any of our newspapers on magazines. Meanwhile, magazines like TELL, The News, Newswatch etc were busy putting corrupt personalities and scandalous incidents on their front pages. This reflects the state of the Nigerian Media.

I also think Nigerians need to start creating support organizations and charities to tackle poverty, joblessness and illiteracy. Change must start with we Nigerians ourselves. It is not enough for us to keep blaming our leaders while we sit back and do nothing. How many of us actually care about the behaviour of teenagers in our places of worship or in our respective communities? And what are we doing about it? How many of us have bothered to know how the primary schools and secondary schools we attended way back are faring? Have we even bothered to donate some gallons of paint to make sure the schools or classrooms are repainted? Yet some of us complain about the dilapidated condition of our former schools. We need to realize that we are all leaders in our different spheres of influence. And one day we will all be accountable before God.

One thing I know is that Nigeria can change if we start being concerned about our immediate environment and start doing small things to bring about the much needed development. We should not wait for the government to do everything. In Britain, charities are working hand in hand with the government to battle poverty, cancer, illiteracy, Wife battering, homelessness etc etc. Many Nigerians are arm chair critics. Let us get involved in the development of our country. I have started doing something to help Nigeria develop. Start something too. The Nigerian Government is even waiting for ideas from us all. I wish Nigeria well. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Those With Guilty Conscience Will Be Afraid Of Persecution - APC / PDP Chairmanship: Prince Uche Secondus Meets With Delta Delegates / APC reacts At Ohaneze’s Endorsement Of Atiku, Anti-igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.